Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Mysterious Mercenary Trailer

Some highlights

-Byleth....as the enemy?
-Dedue, Hubert, Hilda, Flayn and Lorenz revealed.
-Holst is in the game
-The girl everyone thought was Monica is indeed Monica. 
-The battalion system is back in some form
- A figure who might either be a fully adult Claude or his father can be spotted
- Combat arts are in the game

Edited by Etrurian emperor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so Byleth seems to be the enemy. Am happy we can pick their form too. Same with Shez. Gonna be interesting to see how they are connected (same with Sothis and the other figure)

A good amount of background npcs seem to be here. Claude's dad (?), Holst maybe and there was another person using gauntlets (maybe Caspar's father?)

Having Dedue confirmed has made me happy. I am now content with the roster.

Also wow, three routes. This is gonna be a jam packed game. I wonder if we'll get a secret fourth like in Three Houses

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I thought it was Nemesis actually. I'd imagine Caspar's dad would have blue hair too.

Took a screenshot and its definitely not Nemesis.

Spoiler

Screenshot-10.png

His hair looks slightly blue but I also could be seeing things.

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Took a screenshot and its definitely not Nemesis.

Hide contents

Screenshot-10.png

His hair looks slightly blue but I also could be seeing things.

Ah yeah. Definitely count Bergliez in that case. I'm kinda dissapointed they went with the big hulky barbarian look rather than something more militaristic. 

I figured that Shez might be named after an Ars Goetia demon like Byleth and Sitri are, so I looked it up and found one named Shax. We don't know for sure if Shez actually is named after that demon however.

Reclassing is present, which makes a large roster likely if everyone can do it, especially since there are three different routes.

In addition to Hubert, Dedue, Hilda, Mercedes, and Lorenz, Monica also appears to be playable, as she appears on the map screen at 1:49. She is a Mage using a weapon called "Wind Caller's Genesis", which suggests the Wind Caller might be involved in some capacity.

Well, I'll go ahead and guess that Rhea and the Church are going to be villains this game alongside Byleth. Byleth needs an army, and by process of elimination it has to be the church as the protag seems associated with the Agarthans, and each nation is a playable route. There's also a suspicious lack of Church of Seiros in the trailer (aside from a brief glimpse of Flayn) and there seems to be a bunch of yellow alliance soldiers getting burned down by a dragon...

Considering the focus on Byleth getting revenge for Jeralt's death in the first trailer and now we have evidence that the original Monica is alive, I'm guessing that Jeralt's death is where the game diverges from Three Houses. How it diverges I am not sure, but it seems something must have happened differently.

Edited by Robertos

Just woke up briefly and saw this, but a random thought I had is thus.

1. The three routes we play as Shez, who may actually affiliated with the Agartha. This represents Agartha infiltrating the three armies and watching Fodlan tear itself apart.
2. The "Golden Route" we play as Byleth, setting things right with Divine Pulse and uniting all three warring factions. (They did not know what happened previous, and now that they do, they won't make the same mistakes again.)

All the stuff shown off it cool. I'm hoping to pick up the game day one.

10 minutes ago, Sire said:

Just woke up briefly and saw this, but a random thought I had is thus.

1. The three routes we play as Shez, who may actually affiliated with the Agartha. This represents Agartha infiltrating the three armies and watching Fodlan tear itself apart.
2. The "Golden Route" we play as Byleth, setting things right with Divine Pulse and uniting all three warring factions. (They did not know what happened previous, and now that they do, they won't make the same mistakes again.)

All the stuff shown off it cool. I'm hoping to pick up the game day one.

Honestly this makes a ton of sense to me and I can totally see them going this route.

As for other random thoughts I did think it was likely to get a female version of purple hair and that is finally confirmed. Also just like three houses was advertised having three routes I think there will be multiple routes here besides the three advertised even if the golden route is not taken.  Byleth being set up as an enemy is interesting but I doubt its going to be that simple. Also I am now an even more of a believer every playable charcter from three houses will return plus more. The one oddity being the ashen wolves who may again be dlc

Edited by vikingsfan92

37 minutes ago, Robertos said:

Well, I'll go ahead and guess that Rhea and the Church are going to be villains this game alongside Byleth.

That's basically confirmed at 1:36. The box only flashes up very briefly, but if you pause it the text says "Clear a path for the conquest of Gerreg Mach by defeating the Church of Seiros army."

Other things I noticed:

At 1:31, there's what looks to be a map icon for Anna. Hard to say for sure, but that's definitely who it looks like to me. Similarly, at 1:47, there's a map icon that I'd guess is Bernadetta, though I'm even less confident about that one.

Claude, Dimitri and Hilda are all shown wielding their Relics. Edelgard and Byleth are not. So if there is a point of divergence from Three Houses, it's likely before Byleth got the Sword of the Creator (or else they lost it somehow). Edelgard has a new Sacred Weapon called "Labraunda" (1:39), which apparently is the real life name of an archaeological site in Turkey? OK then.

Shez is shown in the class "Fluegel", which is German for "wing". I'd guess that it's their unique class and that it has a focus on mobility.

7 minutes ago, lenticular said:

That's basically confirmed at 1:36. The box only flashes up very briefly, but if you pause it the text says "Clear a path for the conquest of Gerreg Mach by defeating the Church of Seiros army."

Other things I noticed:

At 1:31, there's what looks to be a map icon for Anna. Hard to say for sure, but that's definitely who it looks like to me. Similarly, at 1:47, there's a map icon that I'd guess is Bernadetta, though I'm even less confident about that one.

Claude, Dimitri and Hilda are all shown wielding their Relics. Edelgard and Byleth are not. So if there is a point of divergence from Three Houses, it's likely before Byleth got the Sword of the Creator (or else they lost it somehow). Edelgard has a new Sacred Weapon called "Labraunda" (1:39), which apparently is the real life name of an archaeological site in Turkey? OK then.

Shez is shown in the class "Fluegel", which is German for "wing". I'd guess that it's their unique class and that it has a focus on mobility.

Eh think that has a good chance of being Edelgard route specific as they did show Empire battalions being equipped. They did not totally ditch the three path systems so probably see remakes of important battles for each route near the timeskip. But I wouldn't totally be surprised if the three routes converge in this game at some point in the future.

Edited by vikingsfan92

I'm really interested in seeing how this game goes in terms of story. A lot of interesting things to unpack. I do hope there is some Golden Route, I don't like the idea of any of the four main factions (Black Eagles, Blue Lions, Golden Deer, Church) being totally villainized.

Not gonna lie, this trailer has made me a lot more excited for this game than I thought possible. Dissapointed at the multiple routes, but hopefully most of the game will be spent ON these routes rather than off. Even if the Church of Serios is the enemy, I hope we get playable Rhea in some form. 

Right now my guess is that Byleth beat Shez's ass in the past pre-3H, when they were only known as the Ashen Demon. Maybe Byleth ended up killing most of Shez's friends and it's a personal thing? Who knows. Byleth is notably missing the Sword of the Creator, though, and I'm guessing that once they get that they will also be joining the player's side to fight the real antagonists.

I have a feeling there will definitely be a golden route where Byleth becomes the main protag and we follow the church. I can't see them making one faction completely evil and making their previous protag who is very popular the main antagonist and unplayable.

We've already had four routes locked into playing as Byleth in 3H, so personally I can't say I mind someone else. Wouldn't be shocked if Byleth ends up in a major, possibly even spotlight-stealing co-protagonist role in this game, too, but we'll have to wait and see. But I do get that if one is really attached to Byleth this reveal is still disappointing, and that's fair.

Anyway I'm happy with this trailer. Class changing was big on my wishlist (and in general points to a marriage of 3H and Warriors mechanics which I am excited to see), and getting Dedue/Lorenz/Mercedes confirmed means that All Students is starting to feel very likely, which was also big on my wishlist. I also thought the glimpses of new characters who may or may not be Holst, Count Bergliez, a relative of Claude's, etc., is great, because it means they're expanding the setting.