Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - Mysterious Mercenary Trailer

Honestly thinking about the class system I think is pretty clear indication that pretty much ever main game playable character is getting in imo.  The class system alleviates the need to make each character needing a unique to them moveset concerns. The only difference will be in slight stats things to make certain characters better in certain classes and worse at others.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Yeah, that's the info I'm familiar with. The way it's been described that Shez meets the students suggests it could be the same event as the prologue encounter from Three Houses, and I see nothing about Shez enrolling as a student.

This is what is said in the Analysis post "Update: According to the press release via DenFamiNicoGamer, Shez runs into Byleth in the imperial year 1179, a year before Three Houses begins. He/she then begins wandering Fodlan, honing their skills for a rematch. Eventually, they bump into the students chased by bandits (so it’s 99% the same event as Byleth originally meeting the students).

Update 3: Also in the press release, but I missed it the first time. As pointed out by 黒凧 BlackKite via Twitter, Shez will choose to join the Black Eagles, Blue Lions or Golden Deer as a student. So their role won’t be completely the same as Byleth. (It makes sense since Shez is probably completely unknown to Garreg Mach, whereas Byleth at least had Jeralt as a common link.)"

Edited by Lintu

2 minutes ago, Lintu said:

This is what is said in the Analysis post "Update 3: Also in the press release, but I missed it the first time. As pointed out by 黒凧 BlackKite via Twitter, Shez will choose to join the Black Eagles, Blue Lions or Golden Deer as a student. So their role won’t be completely the same as Byleth. (It makes sense since Shez is probably completely unknown to Garreg Mach, whereas Byleth at least had Jeralt as a common link.)"

Ah, okay.

Luckily that doesn't significantly change my prediction.

Watched the trailer a few times and had a couple of thoughts.

First off, I'm getting some SMT 4: Apocalypse vibes from the setup with Shaz. Arval (Larva?) saving Shaz from certain death causing a timeline branch is reminiscent of Dagda saving Nanashi from certain death causing a timeline branch. Primary difference is that Shaz was saved prior to the game starting while Nanashi was saved partway through one of the game's routes. In the case of Three Hopes, the butterfly effects from this could be insane depending on whether Shaz's meeting with the Lords prevents the knights from finding Byleth and Jeralt or not. Because if Byleth never goes to the monastery, there is a real chance that they might remain emotionally stunted whenever we meet them in Three Hopes since it was interacting with the students that got them to finally develop emotions in Three Houses.

Second thought, I have to wonder how subsequent playthroughs are going to be handled. In a normal Warriors game, I would expect you to keep all your levels. In games that had multiple routes, the characters for the factions are usually unique meaning you don't have to worry about taking a near max level character into a starter area when you start a new route. But Shaz is shared between all the routes, and will probably be your most played character... so either balance dies on your second route or Shaz gets resets. And if it is the latter, I have to wonder what that means for "free" missions outside of the campaign mode (assuming free missions exist).

• 4 weeks later...

So, I'm thinking that Bergliez probably won't be playable, but in the more likely event that Randolph is playable, could he be a Cichol crest bearer? Given that it appears that the Bergliez family shares that crest.

Edit: I guess he and Fleche are step-relatives of the family, so they wouldn't have the crest unless the empire happens to be an expy for Alabama.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

8 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So, I'm thinking that Bergliez probably won't be playable, but in the more likely event that Randolph is playable, could he be a Cichol crest bearer? Given that it appears that the Bergliez family shares that crest.

Since neither Caspar nor Randolph had a Crest I always assumed that house Bergliez was Crestless, and that them being allowed to monopolize the army despite not having a Crest showed that the empire was more progressive on the Crest issue. But count Bergliez having a cichol Crest would likely mean that's their houses Crest and that both the Bergliez boys were just really unlucky. 

I always assumed both Bergliez and his heir had Crests, it kinda helps explain why Caspar behaves the way he does - that he has to work extra hard because he doesn't. The Bergliez trailer seems to confirm at least part of my theory.

Also, keep in mind that the Adrestian nobility has 1000 years of interbreeding at this point, so the Crests would be pretty well distributed amongst all of them. Unlike Faerghus where specific Crests seem important for family identity, Crests in Adrestia just seem tied to nobility in general, and certainly one can gain standing by having a Crest: the actions of Dorothea's father and Hanneman's sister's husband only make sense when viewed in that light.