Character bios

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Florete said:

I'm sure we'll get some new info after they've posted every individual frame of the trailers.

So a month after the game comes out, gotcha.

I almost wanna say they are doing this on purpose to mirror Three Houses marketing, but I highly doubt they thought that much about this.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It is troubling. We've had one trailer, in almost 3 months. They have less than 2 months to adequately market the game. Someone is dropping the ball.

Despite my post above, I don't think it's troubling at all, actually. People went crazy when they thought Three Houses had bad marketing, then it went and became the best selling FE ever. I don't expect to see a real marketing push for the game until we're within 30 days of release. While those of us on these forums are hungry for more information, we're also already buying the game; daily Twitter bios two months before release likely have little to no impact on sales numbers.

All in all, the FE fanbase really needs to just calm down. Ever since Awakening was almost the end of the franchise, FE fans get scared that every move that appears imperfect is going to spell doom for FE. Unless we end up with an Other M-level bomb, we're fine.

43 minutes ago, Florete said:

Despite my post above, I don't think it's troubling at all, actually. People went crazy when they thought Three Houses had bad marketing, then it went and became the best selling FE ever. I don't expect to see a real marketing push for the game until we're within 30 days of release. While those of us on these forums are hungry for more information, we're also already buying the game; daily Twitter bios two months before release likely have little to no impact on sales numbers.

All in all, the FE fanbase really needs to just calm down. Ever since Awakening was almost the end of the franchise, FE fans get scared that every move that appears imperfect is going to spell doom for FE. Unless we end up with an Other M-level bomb, we're fine.

I am not scared about doom for FE. I am scared about doom for FEW. Because if this thing doesn't sell, I'm definitely never getting that mass franchise crossover I've been waiting on (let alone like... a Radiant Dawn Warriors or something). Koei Tecmo has alternatives that can make just as much money, or more - Final Fantasy, Pokemon, more Zelda, Mario, and Star Wars to name a few.

It's also interesting that you bring up the Metroid comparison. Metroid has always enjoyed way more advertising (both marketing and free content creator exposure) and yet that doesn't translate to massive sales success. No Nintendo franchise gets more (disproportionate) preferential treatment than Metroid despite its consistent lack of success prior to Dread.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Honestly I feel like the W3H Twitter marketing feels like a combination of 3H's and AoC's in its pace. Doesn't personally worry me but can totally understand how aggravating and pointless it feels at this stage in the cycle lol

What was the most recent crossover licensed musou, by the way?

On a more relevant note, although the screenshots for the battle pause menu show 'playable' circles around four characters, we haven't actually seen the HUD in-battle showing a character switch option - I wonder how they'd present the HUD to show the choice to swap between characters in this instance... (Adjutants slot just above and right of the active character's portrait)

30 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I almost wanna say they are doing this on purpose to mirror Three Houses marketing, but I highly doubt they thought that much about this.

So, they're gonna wait a year and a half after the first trailer to release another small trailer and then wait another half a year before they actually start dropping information on a regular basis, lmao

Spoiler

I forgot how nutty it was waiting for information on "Fire Emblem for the Nintendo Switch".  It literally was basically two years of barely any information aside from some quick glances at how the game generally looked and the name of the game.  It was good to have stuff in-between to look forward to in 2017, but damn did 2018 feel like a drought for anyone not into FEH.

Anyway, I'm... not really worried about this mode of advertisement?  I dunno, I guess it's mildly annoying the Twitter account is just reposting trailer screenshots with captions explaining basic things, but the game's coming out in less than two months so if there's anything to discover about the game, I'm happy enough to discover most of it when I actually play it if they don't show off much more than they already have.

2 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Honestly I feel like the W3H Twitter marketing feels like a combination of 3H's and AoC's in its pace. Doesn't personally worry me but can totally understand how aggravating and pointless it feels at this stage in the cycle lol

What was the most recent crossover licensed musou, by the way?

On a more relevant note, although the screenshots for the battle pause menu show 'playable' circles around four characters, we haven't actually seen the HUD in-battle showing a character switch option - I wonder how they'd present the HUD to show the choice to swap between characters in this instance... (Adjutants slot just above and right of the active character's portrait)

The most recent crossover musou was Touken Ranbu (Japan). It is not good, and it will likely only sell well in its target market (Japan). It is slated for release here on 5/24, exactly one month before 3H. But the thing is, that game is actually getting substantially better marketing with frequent social media updates and individual trailers for the teams.

The most recent western crossover release was Persona 5 Strikers. Just baring in mind that this was actually planned to release before Age of Calamity, and then the pandemic made voice acting/localization difficult.

Maybe there is no hot swap button for characters. That would seem absurd, but with them adding in Combat Arts on top of all the existing buttons, maybe they just needed the extra control space. Swapping via the command menu would be just fine.

11 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It is troubling. We've had one trailer, in almost 3 months. They have less than 2 months to adequately market the game. Someone is dropping the ball.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are just banking on Three Houses's popularity selling the game for them.

But yeah, I'm honestly not worried about sales one bit. My impatience is more that I just want to see more of the characters involved.

Edited by Sentinel07

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they are just banking on Three Houses's popularity selling the game for them.

But yeah, I'm honestly not worried about sales one bit. My impatience is more that I just want to see more of the characters involved.

I fully agree with you. I just badly want more of this game.

11 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The most recent crossover musou was Touken Ranbu (Japan). It is not good, and it will likely only sell well in its target market (Japan). It is slated for release here on 5/24, exactly one month before 3H. But the thing is, that game is actually getting substantially better marketing with frequent social media updates and individual trailers for the teams.

Speaking of that, you'd think they would've started at least dropping trailers for each of the houses individually on a weekly basis as of now. That seems like a reasonable way to keep the hype going from the mysterious mercenary trailer with all the new timeskip designs and such, so unless they plan on doing something like a month out from release, I don't see what KT and IS are trying to achieve.

God I hope we get more trailers and stuff, soon. I don't care if they blow all the new stuff early. I wanna see more students and it's a month away! Who cares-

Not gonna lie, the lack of character bios after the first few and seeing how repetitive the Twitter posts are getting is actually making me less excited for the game. It's not because I know I won't enjoy it, but this marketing and promotion right now is so gosh darn aggravating that it's dragging down my whole anticipation process. I'm hoping that will change soon either within me or the closer we get to release with more stuff, but we'll see.

27 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Not gonna lie, the lack of character bios after the first few and seeing how repetitive the Twitter posts are getting is actually making me less excited for the game. It's not because I know I won't enjoy it, but this marketing and promotion right now is so gosh darn aggravating that it's dragging down my whole anticipation process. I'm hoping that will change soon either within me or the closer we get to release with more stuff, but we'll see.

Well, you know how it is a good marketing campaign can really boost interest in a game while a bad one can kill interest. The lack of any  is pretty disappointing though.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I have high hopes for next week. This week was Golden Week, and next week marks a month since the Mysterious Mercenary trailer.

We got a Teaser and a trailer next I bet is a weapon showcase and then game, that is it for marketing.

Honestly, the fact that the tweet actually introduces information that wouldn't be easy to immediately gleam (refer to the embedded tweet translation) is potentially a positive sign for things coming up. (Others elsewhere have speculated that this may be a point against WPG, which I think is too early to call...)

I expect the next tweet to talk about Adjutant Partner Specials, in any case.

27 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Honestly, the fact that the tweet actually introduces information that wouldn't be easy to immediately gleam (refer to the embedded tweet translation) is potentially a positive sign for things coming up. (Others elsewhere have speculated that this may be a point against WPG, which I think is too early to call...)

I expect the next tweet to talk about Adjutant Partner Specials, in any case.

Ooh, they've changed it to Pirate Warriors 3 rules. Me likey!

Once partner specials are covered, I wonder what else will they drag out of nowhere to stall. They've covered everything new from the Mysterious Mercenary trailer.

Edited by Seazas

11 hours ago, Seazas said:

Once partner specials are covered, I wonder what else will they drag out of nowhere to stall. They've covered everything new from the Mysterious Mercenary trailer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just do what they did with the screenshorts depicting the Almyran noble. Holst, and (presumbably) Count Bergliez.

Just post some screenshot and remind everyone the game's release date.

Huh, seems like magic just works completely differently in this game compared to Warriors 1, with cooldown time and stuff.

I've been a little bit absorbed in other things and seeing the absolutely pointless things they've been putting up on Twitter hasn't gotten me excited either lol... I think I missed a few posts the last few days. The SF Twitter picked them up so good on em.