Character bios

7 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, seems like magic just works completely differently in this game compared to Warriors 1, with cooldown time and stuff.

The equippable magic functions as active skills but I'm sure tome movesets will still be their own thing; which makes me wonder does that mean classes that don't usually allow magic use have the same restriction? If so we may have just soft confirmed Fluegel as a magic using class...

Also KT continues to be coy about what the mechanics of durability actually are...

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So, I was finally getting around to my BL playthrough. And came across this line. Now we need to add foreshadowing this spinoff years ago to Dimitri's character profile.

I wonder how this line was written in Japanese.

On a separate note (since I think the situation won't really play out in this game except for Byleth), who in the 3H cast (within 3H itself, not W3H as we know) would qualify as Lu Bu expies?

I'd feel like the closest are Death Knight and Feral Dimitri, and those possibly at a Lu Bu power level but not necessarily thematically: Byleth / maybe Emperor Edelgard / Seiros / ?Nemesis ...?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

The equippable magic functions as active skills but I'm sure tome movesets will still be their own thing; which makes me wonder does that mean classes that don't usually allow magic use have the same restriction? If so we may have just soft confirmed Fluegel as a magic using class...

Also KT continues to be coy about what the mechanics of durability actually are...

I wonder how this line was written in Japanese.

On a separate note (since I think the situation won't really play out in this game except for Byleth), who in the 3H cast (within 3H itself, not W3H as we know) would qualify as Lu Bu expies?

I'd feel like the closest are Death Knight and Feral Dimitri, and those possibly at a Lu Bu power level but not necessarily thematically: Byleth / maybe Emperor Edelgard / Seiros / ?Nemesis ...?

Feral Dimitri IS Lu Bu, and Death Knight is the one likely to actually be used as a Lu Bu.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Feral Dimitri IS Lu Bu, and Death Knight is the one likely to actually be used as a Lu Bu.

I kinda wish they would drop is already, Lu Bu really hasn’t been Lu Bu since what DW3?

Today marks 3 months from the game's reveal, with just 47 days to go. Hopefully we get another trailer soon. I still think that this week is looking good, baring in mind that tomorrow is a month from the last trailer. And hell, maybe Friday the 13th will be chosen as a marketing day. They're also nearing the end of potential things to cover in those twitter drops, though the Twitter side of the marketing really seems like an afterthought.

Any characters/movesets y'all really want to see in a trailer?

I know I'd really like to see Ferdinand, Felix, and Marianne in the next trailer. And an Ashen Wolf would make for a great mic drop. I also feel that a big playable NPC should be a thing they do for the third trailer - namely, Jeralt or Rhea.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

9 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Any characters/movesets y'all really want to see in a trailer?

Honestly I'd settle for pretty much anything at this point, but your choices of Ferdinand, Felix, and Marianne are ones I definitely second. Lysithea is just as likely as Marianne IMO, but I'd certainly prefer Marianne. 

I'd also like to see some info about the new characters dropped, but I'm not holding my breath. 

54 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Jeralt or Rhea would be nice to see, but I feel like the church will remain without a playable character (except maybe Flayn). 

I very highly doubt Rhea and Seteth would be passed over. Rhea especially.

3 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Koei was the same company that made Azura DLC. It's a very likely possibility that the Church is shafted by Three Hopes' plot and anyone that appears happen to be NPCs that are playable in DLC.

Surprised by both the continued two-posts-per-day and some actual newish information for once:

A: Edelgard

Spoiler

Does this make the Fire attribute some sort of hybrid between HW's Water (DOT) and Fire (Explosions)?

B. Hubert

Spoiler

Assuming that setting or activating Spikes (?Dark Spikes) is not a C bound input, this could soft confirm Unique Action like inputs a la AOC.

Hubert seems to really hate Alliance soldiers, and is that a ballista on the second screenshot?

New info is nice… but it still is just a rehash. We knew about Hubert and Edelgard already, Herve spike have already be pretty much exposed. Fire effect is new though.

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I mean, Rhea was supposed to be playable in Three Houses but was cut for unknown reasons. I wouldn`t put it past them to cut her once again. Plus, she has yet to show up in her human form in Three Hopes. 

On 5/8/2022 at 12:23 PM, tipperthescales said:

Trailer showed equippable magic in the combat art list for Shez. I imagine anything thats learned but unequippable will be grayed out, be in red text, or something similar to indicate it can't be used, if not left out of the list entirely.

10 hours ago, ciphertul said:

New info is nice… but it still is just a rehash. We knew about Hubert and Edelgard already, Herve spike have already be pretty much exposed. Fire effect is new though.

We did learn some new aspects of the elemental system however, which is good. The wording at the top of the tweet implies that elements are character-class combo tied, rather than simply character tied, as they are using a "character name X class name" naming scheme for the tweets. As for the elements themselves...

Edelgard (Armored Lord): Looks to be a mix of HW and DW/SW fire, having both a dot and an explosion though instead of having to end your combo to let them fall to the ground to explode like in HW, they explode as you keep attacking them. Much more intuitive tbh. Makes me wonder if they'll borrow the DW/SW effects for ice/thunder/wind too, as those are the remaining elements that are shared in each series

Hubert (Dark Mage): dark spikes that explode, though we learned that we get to trigger it ourselves, rather than it being something automated. Maybe bring back the double-press combos to trigger the explosion? Tied to the C1? Either way, glad to know we have control over when it explodes.

1 minute ago, Vexal said:

Trailer showed equippable magic in the combat art list for Shez. I imagine anything thats learned but unequippable will be grayed out, be in red text, or something similar to indicate it can't be used, if not left out of the list entirely.

We did learn some new aspects of the elemental system however, which is good. The wording at the top of the tweet implies that elements are character-class combo tied, rather than simply character tied, as they are using a "character name X class name" naming scheme for the tweets. As for the elements themselves...

Edelgard (Armored Lord): Looks to be a mix of HW and DW/SW fire, having both a dot and an explosion though instead of having to end your combo to let them fall to the ground to explode like in HW, they explode as you keep attacking them. Much more intuitive tbh. Makes me wonder if they'll borrow the DW/SW effects for ice/thunder/wind too, as those are the remaining elements that are shared in each series

Hubert (Dark Mage): dark spikes that explode, though we learned that we get to trigger it ourselves, rather than it being something automated. Maybe bring back the double-press combos to trigger the explosion? Tied to the C1? Either way, glad to know we have control over when it explodes.

I'm gonna go with some (Dark spikes) are gonna be Class excusive. So outside of unique classes the preferred classes have a special action for that class.

43 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Guess classes are the new focus now.

Well, game mechanics are. Today was the Element system, yesterday was adjutants, day before that was combat arts and magic, before that was the adjutant system and they specified what made it different from pair up,  and so on. We even got a brief mention of weapon ranks still being a thing in the tweet going over training in camp

Edited by Vexal

3 minutes ago, Vexal said:

Well, game mechanics are. Today was the Element system, yesterday was adjutants, day before that was combat arts and magic, before that was the adjutant system and they specified what made it different from pair up,  and so on. We even got a brief mention of weapon ranks still being a thing in the tweet going over training in camp

Considering the last 2 Twitter posts were about Edelgard's Armored Lord class, and the next about Hubert's Dark Mage class, it seems like classes focused.

To be honest, I think because the Twitter has subverted what I expected of the stalling images (of the retainers) appearing here with these recent [Unit x Class] posts, that we may be in for something either new, or some other type of stalling come Friday.

It'd be a bit odd if we didn't get Dimitri x Great Lord / Dedue x Armour Knight today, then Claude x Wyvern Master / Hilda x Brigand tomorrow (going by JPN times); but that's not saying anything about classes beyond that unless we see Shez mess around in them afterwards (or a character / class showcase video).

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Considering the last 2 Twitter posts were about Edelgard's Armored Lord class, and the next about Hubert's Dark Mage class, it seems like classes focused.

They didn't mention anything about the class outside of name dropping them alongside the character in a "Hubert X Dark Mage" and "Edelgard X Armored Lord" fashion. The tweets themselves were specifically about the element system, as they never described how the classes play outside of the element system

Oh right, Dimitri:

Spoiler

===

On the theme of the current tweets, I went back and quickly looked at the Famitsu scans and ran the Personal skills of Hubert / Dedue / Hilda through DeepL/Google:

Hubert

Spoiler

ヒューベルトは、攻撃した敵にー定確率で楔を刺すことが可能。刺した楔は起爆でき、闇属性ダメージを与える。

DeepL: Hubert can wedge himself into the enemy he attacks with a - fixed probability. The wedge can be detonated and deals dark damage.

Google: Hubert can stab an attacking enemy with a wedge with a certain probability. The stabbed wedge can be detonated, dealing dark damage.

===

Note the probability of applying the spike here. DeepL conjures up a rather hilarious image of Hubert spiking the enemy with his body...

Dedue

Spoiler

ドゥドゥーは力を溜めることで、爆発する強力は一撃をくり出せる。

DeepL: Dudu can build up power to deliver a powerful blow that explodes.

Google: By accumulating power, Dudu can make a blow with the explosive power.

===

Other than the failure to recognise Dedue, this descriptor sound suspiciously like the shield slam burst move he performed in the trailer.

Hilda

Spoiler

ヒルダは雷属性の溜め攻撃が可能。攻撃を溜めているあいだは、一定範囲内にいる敵を自分に引き寄せる効果もある。

DeepL: Hilda is capable of lightning pool attacks. While she is pooling her attacks, she also has the effect of attracting enemies within a certain range to her.

Google: Hilda is capable of lightning-type charge attacks. It also has the effect of attracting enemies within a certain range to you while you are accumulating attacks. 

===

溜め generally refers to charge type inputs when used in a fighting game context, so I'm thinking this is like FEW archer or AoC 1H Link charging here. The aggro (attracting / drawing in of enemies) feels like it could be a double edged sword if the enemies weren't already in hitstun...

Edited by tipperthescales

So if weapon rank are back they makes me wonder, there is no way Edelgard has an A rank needed to use a sacred weapon at level 6 so… do you think that it is A) the new relics are just PRF weapons, B) all relics are now PRF weapons or C) matching crests now let relics be used at a lower/any rank?