Character bios

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Koei is even doing the advertising for this one of if it's all Nintendo/IS. I haven't seen a single tweet/post from Koei's main social media - they're all about swordboys musou right now.

Who is actually running the Fire Emblem Musou twitter?

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

8 minutes ago, Queen Hilda said:

I hope so man koei need to stop playing  with  my emotions 

This has been my feeling the entire nearly nonexistent marketing campaign.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I wonder if Koei is even doing the advertising for this one of if it's all Nintendo/IS. I haven't seen a single tweet/post from Koei's main social media - they're all about swordboys musou right now.

U know that sword boy game demo was fun but I'm not  getting it just waiting for 3 hopes then  I might get it 😏 

I hope 3 hopes have photo mode mann that be so fun! Age of Calamity should  have added it as well

Just now, Queen Hilda said:

U know that sword boy game demo was fun but I'm not  getting it just waiting for 3 hopes then  I might get it 😏 

I hope 3 hopes have photo mode mann that be so fun! Age of Calamity should  have added it as well

You aren't missing out on anything. The game is less than 30 hours long, has dumbed down combat, no side modes, linear 3-5 minute stages, and only 15 playables. Touken Ranbu Musou isn't a Warriors game - it's a rule 63 Senran Kagura game.

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

You aren't missing out on anything. The game is less than 30 hours long, has dumbed down combat, no side modes, linear 3-5 minute stages, and only 15 playables. Touken Ranbu Musou isn't a Warriors game - it's a rule 63 Senran Kagura game.

How dare you insult Senran Kagura like that?

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

How dare you insult Senran Kagura like that?

Okay. It's a very poor person's Senran Kagura. Because Senran Kagura has a roster. And content.

But the comparison holds because both are linear action games with only the lightest musou elements.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Okay. It's a very poor person's Senran Kagura. Because Senran Kagura has a roster. And content.

But the comparison holds because both are linear action games with only the lightest musou elements.

Except SK isn’t really a Musou… unlike Twinkboy which is technically supposed to be one.

But I do fine today (if we get a new class showing) to be a win-win. I get to see Bernie and Ferdinand or Marianne and Lysithea.

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

Except SK isn’t really a Musou… unlike Twinkboy which is technically supposed to be one.

But I do fine today (if we get a new class showing) to be a win-win. I get to see Bernie and Ferdinand or Marianne and Lysithea.

Eh... it does get talked about in musou circles because it's the same kind of game (1 vs. many hack and slash). It's at least as much of one as Persona 5 Strikers is (or isn't).

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Eh... it does get talked about in musou circles because it's the same kind of game (1 vs. many hack and slash). It's at least as much of one as Persona 5 Strikers is (or isn't).

I would say the biggest difference is that both Twinkboy and Strikers is made by Koei/Omega Force, SK isn’t. Strikers is meant to be a Musou but while kinda failing in that direction still success in being a great action game.

Edited by ciphertul

17 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

For real that's it no free mode or anything then I'm definitely not getting it there's no point ill wait for sale

3 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I would say the biggest difference is that both Twinkboy and Strikers is made by Koei/Omega Force, SK isn’t. Strikers is meant to be a Musou but while kinda failing in that direction still success in being a great action game.

I uh... don't think that matters. Musou (or musou-like for those who want to split hairs) is a subgenre in the same way Souls-like is. And it's an apt comparison, because both are dominated by one developer with a few competitors that never quite live up.

There are absolutely competitors that are more similar to traditional Warriors games than some of Koei's faire. Ninety Nine Nights for the X360 was actually my first exposure to the genre, and Capcom's Sengoku Basara series is a really fun, whacky alternative to Samurai Warriors.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I uh... don't think that matters. Musou (or musou-like for those who want to split hairs) is a subgenre in the same way Souls-like is. And it's an apt comparison, because both are dominated by one developer with a few competitors that never quite live up.

There are absolutely competitors that are more similar to traditional Warriors games than some of Koei's faire. Ninety Nine Nights for the X360 was actually my first exposure to the genre, and Capcom's Sengoku Basara series is a really fun, whacky alternative to Samurai Warriors.

It should, as SK is generally more of an action game then a musou. It has a lot of 1v1(or 2-3) sections as well. Further more, not all SK games are like that. Take Peach Beach Splash (a 3rd person squirt gun shooter), Peach ball (a pinball game) or even Refections (a pseudo dating sim vn). However sure you can call it splitting hairs but I don’t see fighting 30 mooks and a boss the same as any musou.

10 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

It should, as SK is generally more of an action game then a musou. It has a lot of 1v1(or 2-3) sections as well. Further more, not all SK games are like that. Take Peach Beach Splash (a 3rd person squirt gun shooter), Peach ball (a pinball game) or even Refections (a pseudo dating sim vn). However sure you can call it splitting hairs but I don’t see fighting 30 mooks and a boss the same as any musou.

When people say SK are musou they are obviusly talking about shinobi versus, estival versus and the burst remake, not the franchise as a whole. I struggle to see how those in particular are supposed to be more "action games" than musou, they have bosses, sure, but so does every other musou I can think of. 

I'm kinda interested in what makes a game a musou in your opinion.

Just now, Sbuscoz said:

When people say SK are musou they are obviusly talking about shinobi versus, estival versus and the burst remake, not the franchise as a whole. I struggle to see how those in particular are supposed to be more "action games" than musou, they have bosses, sure, but so does every other musou I can think of. 

I'm kinda interested in what makes a game a musou in your opinion.

As it is said there I don’t count 1vs30 as musou. In Estival Vs the Countless Losses mission doesn’t even have a 100 mooks.

Curiously Dorothea's description lists her as a mage rather than a songstress. Wasn't Annette already the rep of the mage class?

Gameplay wise she seems to play akin to Motochika in the SW games. Her music notes work as mines and explode when you hit them.

''Mage, one of Dorothea's favorite soldiers. Mage is characterized by magical attribute attacks. In addition, Dorothea can produce sound bullets around it. By attacking the sound bullets, you can generate explosions of various attributes!''

Oh whoops, posted in the wrong topic. lol

I'll just quote my post from the other one (with Serenes translations):

5 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

Hmm, so in-the-field music notes that can be interacted with for various effects... This feels like the other half of Sheik's elemental attacks (Annette taking the status buff side of things).

Confirmation of Thunder in the screenshots at least as well.

Also Songstress is not a class in FE3H, and until you get to the White Heron Cup most people are probably going to roll with black magic Dorothea.

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Since Manuella is directly namedropped this probably increases her chances. 

I generally thought she was pretty likely. I mean, someone has to be teaching your class, and Koei loves fanservice.

Actually, wouldn't it be interesting if the three teachers were preset for the class routes, and they were Hanneman, Manuela, and the nameless coward?

13 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So I guess Bernie most likely tonight. I'll be curious to see her personal.

By website order, Ferdinand is next. Personally more interested in Ferdie's since there's clues in the trailer to suggest something dodge adjacent, but Petra also has a dodge related skill...