Character bios

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The demo becoming available this week likely means that either 1) we're getting the rest of the roster Friday, 2) we already basically have the full roster, or 3) they don't care about the likelihood of the roster being datamined.

Would they frame the Friday trailer as a character trailer, or a more general 'hey last trailer before release let's dump everything people may want to know here or in the demo datamine' situation?

The website has a few interesting things as well that I wonder about:

1. The crest background from the trailers makes a return, but it's even more disorganised than previously...??

2. "Play to your units’ strengths by assigning, changing, and training their character classes, and unlock new classes as you go. Each character has a distinct set of flashy combos and powerful specials that can cut through hordes of enemies." (my bold) - I'm not hopeful for all class + character combo specific unique moves (just character specific, or character + preferred class combinations), but this might suggest there's a bit more diversity than what we may have assumed...?

7 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Would they frame the Friday trailer as a character trailer, or a more general 'hey last trailer before release let's dump everything people may want to know here or in the demo datamine' situation?

The website has a few interesting things as well that I wonder about:

1. The crest background from the trailers makes a return, but it's even more disorganised than previously...??

2. "Play to your units’ strengths by assigning, changing, and training their character classes, and unlock new classes as you go. Each character has a distinct set of flashy combos and powerful specials that can cut through hordes of enemies." (my bold) - I'm not hopeful for all class + character combo specific unique moves (just character specific, or character + preferred class combinations), but this might suggest there's a bit more diversity than what we may have assumed...?

If this is demo week, and it is, I think the last trailer will not be a character-centric trailer but rather a cinematic, and likely final trailer like Mysterious Mercenary was. It'll probably contain some character reveals. 

As for the bolded bit eh... I wouldn't count on that much individuality. Technically speaking, even a musou is a flashy combo. Could be that they have an EX attack in their preffered classes.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I hope there's a demo Friday 

I hope the trailer will be the church or ashen wolves or slither in the dark. It could be a regular trailer though 🤔 

I just can't wait

So, demo's coming....I predict it'll launch on Friday. All the major news updates (aka trailers) have happened on Fridays, and it would coincide with the character bios on twitter being all wrapped up....except for Shez and Monica anyways, and we do know Monica is available by the time we're level 6 thanks to the Mysterious Mercenary trailer

6 hours ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Got Leonie's personal(s?) pretty on the mark, but in what universe is she actually actively a Paladin in trailer footage...?

At least this basically soft confirms what we expected already with Cavalier -> Paladin.

~~~

Friday demo certainly would fit the existing pattern, but whether the pattern holds I'm not completely sure (but hopeful nonetheless).

That is a pretty lame personal all thing considered. Light attack damage isn’t great and even full light strings aren’t you main source of damage. Heck that is why rainstorm wasn’t good in FEW.

7 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I really don't care for Leonie's personal skill. Encouraging her to only spam light attacks until she racks up finisher damage is going to make her more repetitive than other characters, albeit probably great for crowd clearing.

You know, I’m a bit disappointed. The natural cavaliers seem to be light spammers. I had hoped they would focus more on mobility instead.

I think some parts of this are being lost in translation, especially after double checking the trailer; Leonie does a combo finisher, followed by another combo....which looks to be a C4. It's the exact same finisher too. I think the "light attack finisher" is just referring to the usual combos. We also don't know if the regular combo string will be good for damage or not. It was for a few characters in FEW, but not a lot of them (sometimes it was faster to spam normal attacks with Navarre than it was to go into one of his combo enders so long as you roll cancelled the 4th normal attack, as an example. Leo and Elise also never wanted to be using combo enders due to their playstyle)

Edited by Vexal

40 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Y’all wanna post English versions for those who can’t read Japanese?

Based off the text, it's likely during the chapter for The Battle of Garreg Mach

5 minutes ago, Vexal said:

Based off the text, it's likely during the chapter for The Battle of Garreg Mach

Thanks, so I guess we are back to a drip feed of things we already know.

30 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Mmm so no demo today after all.

I think we can hold off on that until 10 (EST) as that has been when they show the bigger things.

I'm actually a bit curious. Do all Warriors games reveal their full roster before release? I can't remember if the og fe warriors did but I could've sworn that aoc kept the great fairies, kohga, master monk, terrako (playable), calamity ganon and the four successors hidden until launch

Actually I'm pretty sure the only characters explicitly shown to be playable before hand were link, zelda, impa and the four champions

Edited by EarthboundAddict