Character bios

A little disappointed for a few reasons, but not too terribly upset or surprised: 

Reason 1. I have a mostly clear day today and clear morning tomorrow, so I was looking forward to playing something new and exciting. 

Reason 2. Playing the demo would have counted as a "first time" for me, which would mean I could buy FEW and play that as the month continues in preparation for Three Hopes. (I also bought a few Switch games last week, so I wanted at least one more. I'd prefer a used or cheap copy and then to use a gift card I have to buy DLC, but no shop anywhere seems to have a copy near me...) 

Reason 3. I dislike the return of the Filler Tweets. They're annoying and don't offer anything that a demo can't. 

Reason 4. No trailer may mean we have all of the major cast, and that's kinda sad IMO. I do think they're keeping 4-5 playable characters away from the public eye, but I think those are new playable characters, not OGs who should be in the game. (Then again, if there's a fourth hidden route that uses the Church of Seiros, and they want to keep that hidden...) 

Reason 5. The sooner the demo is released, the more people can decide whether or not this is the game for them. 

Still, that demo blooper may mean that a Direct is around the corner. The 14th/15th is still the most likely date IMO, but Nintendo pulling a Nintendo and having something on the 7th/8th with a day or two of heads-up isn't out of the picture either. So long as there's a demo, things should be okay.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, disappointing, but not surprised. We really did hold our hope from a small error on the website. Oh well. Was really hoping to play today since this is the only free time I've got this week. 

Hopefully a Nintendo Direct will come out soon, 'cause that has to be the most likely place where the final trailer for the game will release with a demo announcement. 

3 hours ago, EarthboundAddict said:

I'm actually a bit curious. Do all Warriors games reveal their full roster before release? I can't remember if the og fe warriors did but I could've sworn that aoc kept the great fairies, kohga, master monk, terrako (playable), calamity ganon and the four successors hidden until launch

Actually I'm pretty sure the only characters explicitly shown to be playable before hand were link, zelda, impa and the four champions

Anna was kept secret, but that's it. Everybody else, even Lyn and Celica, were shown off.

That being said, the NPCs who would later become playable in DLC (Niles, Oboro, Owain, and Navarre) were not shown before release aside from one accidental glimpse of Navarre in a cutscene.

28 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Anna was kept secret, but that's it. Everybody else, even Lyn and Celica, were shown off.

That being said, the NPCs who would later become playable in DLC (Niles, Oboro, Owain, and Navarre) were not shown before release aside from one accidental glimpse of Navarre in a cutscene.

Yeah, can't be of much help here since I don't care enough about most of the IPs to follow their marketing. Persona and Touken Ranbu did. Hyrule Warriors and Age of Calamity did not. No idea on One Piece, Berserk, Dragon Quest, or Arslan.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

5 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Reason 3. I dislike the return of the Filler Tweets. They're annoying and don't offer anything that a demo can't. 

I wouldn't quite call them filler tweets as they do include new information occasionally. Things we learned from these type of tweets before were things like the Adjutant Attack being automatic and different from the Pair Up attack in the original FEW. It's also how we learned what exactly class mastery does; not only does it provide skills, but it's also what increases our weapon ranks and makes the higher tiered classes available. They're mostly for those that missed out on Famitsu though, and if we were to consider any tweets that did any info that Famitsu also did, then technically the lords and retainers tweets from before the trailers are to be considered filler tweets

Edited by Vexal

I'm going to go out on a limb and say prf weapons aren't a thing just like they weren't in 3H. I think they'll handle Relics and Sacred Weapons similarly to 3H; a penalty for Relic Weapons if you lack a crest and a bonus for Sacred Weapons for having the associated crest. This lets them *technically* avoid another Caeda situation, and considering the fact stat boosters are in they're probably planning for the gap between characters to be rather minor compared to what it was in FEW

This actually makes me pretty curious to see how all the stats work. Will it be the exact same as it was in the original fe warriors or will there be some differences? Will luck still be the dominant stat or will it go back to being something that doesn't matter 90% of the time

1 hour ago, Vexal said:

I wouldn't quite call them filler tweets as they do include new information occasionally. Things we learned from these type of tweets before were things like the Adjutant Attack being automatic and different from the Pair Up attack in the original FEW. It's also how we learned what exactly class mastery does; not only does it provide skills, but it's also what increases our weapon ranks and makes the higher tiered classes available. They're mostly for those that missed out on Famitsu though, and if we were to consider any tweets that did any info that Famitsu also did, then technically the lords and retainers tweets from before the trailers are to be considered filler tweets

The thing is, with a good demo, most of what you said could be found and included. Maybe not the Mastery class, admittedly, but the Adjutant attacks being automatic, the characters' abilities, and the base preferred class of everyone are all things that a demo could have us experience rather than just tell us about. These could work in tandem with a demo, much like how the recent tweets worked in tandem with the character trailers. But to tell us about something new and not let us experience it and tell us feels like a cheat at this time. 

On 6/1/2022 at 10:40 AM, Use the Falchion said:

Azure Gleam's "messy succession" is both the most worrying and most intriguing to me, as there are a few routes I think it can take (although I'm pretty sure they'll go with the path of least resistance and the story will feel similar to Azure Moon). My first thought for the "messy succession" was the question "who or what would make a succession messy?" The Kingdom has a very clear pecking order in terms of rulership - you have the Royal Family, and the child with the Crest is the Heir. King Lambert was the second son, not unlike Sylvain, and Dimitri does mention that his uncle Rufus is his regent for the time. Could Rufus, a previously unseen character, have decided to take over the Kingdom since he's been effectively ruling it for years, causing a "messy succession?" Maybe the uncle has a child, and the uncle wants to put that child on the throne...or maybe multiple children, since he's apparently a womanizer. This child or children (and Rufus himself) could account for a new character(s) in the Blue Lions route that we haven't seen, compared to the Black Eagles being seen with Monica and Count Bergliez potentially playing a part while the Goldeen Deer have Holst and the Mysterious Almyran. 

My most wildcard guess for Azure Gleam is that Edelgard is outed as Dimitri's (step)sister (or maybe she remembers on her own) and she uses that to justify an invasion into the Kingdom. From there, it's a split between Imperial and Kingdom factions. I don't think that will be the case, but that's why it's a wildcard guess.

Still, I think the most likely scenario is that Cornelia and her allies are causing problems for everything else. 

Just another quick random thought I had. 

Someone on Reddit posited the idea of Patricia being the Big Bad of the game. I don't think that will be the case, but I have a terrible and weird theory - what if the "messy succession" is caused by Anselma having a child with Lambert, and Cornelia promoting that child as an heir? Anselma's connection to the Empire then muddies things, and Edelgard uses that (and the justification of "saving her brother/sister/sibling" as an excuse to invade. Azure Moon gives us hints that Anselma may still be alive, and that she may have been behind part of the Tragedy of Duscur. Cornelia is also a terribly, horribly manipulative and cruel person. I can see her fostering and then preying on a weakness she created in Anselma for her own gain. (Bonus points if Rufus and/or any illegitimate children by him are still desirous of the throne.)

EDIT: I meant Cornelia and Patrecia/Anselma. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

40 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Just another quick random thought I had. 

Someone on Reddit posited the idea of Patricia being the Big Bad of the game. I don't think that will be the case, but I have a terrible and weird theory - what if the "messy succession" is caused by Anselma having a child with Lambert, and Patricia promoting that child as an heir? Anselma's connection to the Empire then muddies things, and Edelgard uses that (and the justification of "saving her brother/sister/sibling" as an excuse to invade. Azure Moon gives us hints that Anselma may still be alive, and that she may have been behind part of the Tragedy of Duscur. Patricia is also a terribly, horribly manipulative and cruel person. I can see her fostering and then preying on a weakness she created in Anselma for her own gain. (Bonus points if Rufus and/or any illegitimate children by him are still desirous of the throne.)

Ngl, reading this confused me. Are you saying that Anselma and Patricia are two different people? Because aside from the fact Anselma and Patricia two different names for the same person, the only person in that situation with Anselma/Patricia situation that fits with being a "terribly, horribly manipulative and cruel person" is Cornelia, but you didn't mention her at all.

Azure Gleam is automatically the best route if we see Patricia and get answers. The biggest present-day question mark out of Three Houses was the tragedy of Duscur. Patricia is a character acknowledged feverishly by not only Dimitri but Edelgard and Cornelia. While also being most associated with Lambert, Volkhard, AND Ionius in terms of NPCs, chars we know the designs of. It's fucking insane how we never saw her with Azure Moon even teasing the mystery of where Anselma resides now. 

Edited by Seazas

15 minutes ago, ThePrimeOne said:

Ngl, reading this confused me. Are you saying that Anselma and Patricia are two different people? Because aside from the fact Anselma and Patricia two different names for the same person, the only person in that situation with Anselma/Patricia situation that fits with being a "terribly, horribly manipulative and cruel person" is Cornelia, but you didn't mention her at all.

Sorry, I meant Cornelia, as @Seazas notes. Editing it now. 

You people need to learn patience lol.

The fan translation of a VN i have been looking forward to for nearly a decade has finally hit beta and you guys cant wait a pair of weeks.

Anyways good thing is that Annette getting one means that they wont fill these character talk tweets with every character so we dont know what await us next week (As the first 2 were BEs so was expecting them tweeting every house character talk until release.

Edited by kratoscar2008

1 minute ago, kratoscar2008 said:

You people need to learn patience lol.

The fan translation of a VN i have been looking forward to for nearly a decade has finally hit beta and you guys cant wait a pair of weeks.

I was being cute. I thought it was funny. I remember what it's like to ride a 5 year hypetrain (Guild Wars 2). A few months has been nothing.

That said, I don't blame anyone for getting frustrated over what essentially amounts to a demo button "fakeout." 

13 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I was being cute. I thought it was funny. I remember what it's like to ride a 5 year hypetrain (Guild Wars 2). A few months has been nothing.

That said, I don't blame anyone for getting frustrated over what essentially amounts to a demo button "fakeout." 

Also the fact they did effectively the same news update 3 times in a row :V

2 hours ago, Queen Hilda said:

Any  other  news yet??

news always arrives at 4 AM CDT (so 18 minutes ago for todays), it was yet another base camp conversation, this time with Sylvain.  Chances are at this rate we won't get any new news until Friday

Edited by Vexal

1 hour ago, Vexal said:

news always arrives at 4 AM CDT (so 18 minutes ago for todays), it was yet another base camp conversation, this time with Sylvain.  Chances are at this rate we won't get any new news until Friday

Ok thank you