Character bios

39 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The reason it would be a big, big problem here, even worse than 3H, is imagine this. Everyone starts as a Myrmidon, Fighter, Soldier, or Monk. Just 4 starting movesets. Or worse, one or two starting movesets in Noble/Commoner (nevermind that I couldn't imagine them giving them movesets unless they promote to Lord -> Great Lord and Merchant -> Apothecary or something). That makes a terrible first impression. Whereas with a more simplified, traditional system, everyone starts in their preferred moveset. Much better first impression.

That would be a problem, yeah, but it's not really what I meant. They can have everyone start in various different classes while still keeping the open-ended nature of the class system where everyone can essentially become anything and use anything. I'm just not sure it would be as much of a problem here because of how you're controlling one character at a time in a Warriors game vs multiple at a time (per turn) in classic FE.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it’s worth, I think that a game mostly outside the monastery would probably not use the Beginner classes (the leaders probably just a have the Noble class that’s then assigned their preferred weapon class).

Honestly they’d probably still go for an incremental class change like OG FEW, but that might mean certain Master classes require training in multiple class trees (e.g. Cav/Paladin + Armor/Fortress Knight for Great Knight etc.), though obviously that’s make it rough for character who don’t do well in some of these requisite classes.

Dancer I’m honestly not too sure on.

Obviously we don't know, but if could be that one person per house is a prepromote possibly? Regardless, it could just be a semantics things and they didn't want to use the word mercenary since it seems to be so widely associated with Byelth for Three Hopes.

I could see Felix, Ferdinand, and Lorenz serving as prepromotes or late stage joiners.

Funny enough, I actually see Niles of all characters as FEW1's Jeigan. He's strong early, has the easiest weapon to max, is an excellent base defender, and will gain a quick level lead because of allies wanting to inherit Lethality. But like any well-designed Jeigan, his scaling is atrocious (poor Luck).

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The reason it would be a big, big problem here, even worse than 3H, is imagine this. Everyone starts as a Myrmidon, Fighter, Soldier, or Monk. Just 4 starting movesets. Or worse, one or two starting movesets in Noble/Commoner (nevermind that I couldn't imagine them giving them movesets unless they promote to Lord -> Great Lord and Merchant -> Apothecary or something). That makes a terrible first impression. Whereas with a more simplified, traditional system, everyone starts in their preferred moveset. Much better first impression.

Keep in mind Beginner classes are likely omitted, as everyone we've seen as been in either an intermediate class, a unique class in the case of Shez and the lords, or an Advanced class in Felix's case. Beginner classes have been seen in the game, but only on generic enemy officers, and we've seen gameplay early enough that everyone was level 6. With characters that low level in intermediate classes I think its safe to say beginner classes are omitted

Advanced Seals seem to be available pretty early too but we didn't get a good look at the map during that purchase, the chapter name for it being "The Blitz of Riegan", but if the cut to "The Battle of Garreg Mach" is to go by along with both chapters having a similar amount of territories to go through and similar names, it's likely we're getting Advanced Seals around level 10, so I don't see moveset access being too much of an issue. They're also really inexpensive, costing 1k for 3 of them, at a time where they only had around 3k gold. While we don't know everything that the player will be paying for or how strict gold income is in this game, this strikes me as again, being very early into the game.

As for Felix, no idea why they decided to showcase him as Swordmaster specifically instead of one of the Intermediate sword classes. Might be because he's just associated with the class in general, or he joins slightly later and starts as Swordmaster, too hard to say at the moment.

Edited by Vexal
accidently derped and put everything in the quote box

Might it not just be that they are trying to space the class reveals out a bit? We still have (at least) 2 more houses to show, consisting of 14 students.

Let’s say there are 8 starting intermediate classes in the game. We’ve already seen mostly intermediate classes in the Blue Lions reveal. It would get boring pretty quickly if we only see the same intermediate classes for the Golden Deer and Black Eagles.

I think we’ll start seeing some advanced and master classes for the next 2 houses’ reveals. That doesn’t mean they’ll start out as Wyvern Lords- the characters will probably all start out in intermediate classes. I just think Koei are trying to showcase more of the classes to maintain interest.

I'm curious as to whether they're going to drop the trailer soon after Ingrid's preferred class twitter post, or if we'll get a sort of 'class photo' filler tweet before moving on to whatever house is next.

1 hour ago, ThePrimeOne said:

I'm curious as to whether they're going to drop the trailer soon after Ingrid's preferred class twitter post, or if we'll get a sort of 'class photo' filler tweet before moving on to whatever house is next.

Logically the next trailer should be on Friday. But Koei already trolled us before when it came to character reveals so they could drag this out.

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Logically the next trailer should be on Friday. But Koei already trolled us before when it came to character reveals so they could drag this out.

I mean, maybe? But now we're at the point where KT should start putting out trailers like this more consistently, considering how it's slightly over a month out from release. Doing weekly trailers for the three houses, the Church, and Ashen Wolves, plus a final trailer would fill up every Friday prior to release with some sort of new info and make for some consistent marketing at least.

Well, this is a rather underwhelming close to the Lions' personals.

We don't see the impact effect of freezing air in the trailer since either Ingrid cancels her aerial C1 dive into a slash, or that attack at ground level doesn't launch strongly enough. As people have already noticed, as she starts the dive there's the ice effect, so maybe that requires an early hit on an airborne juggled opponent to trigger freeze.

As for practical applications...? If they're making peg knights less momentum based, one would think their rapid positional changes would go against being able to lock enemies in place / go for a concentrated crowd clear, but there's really insufficient video footage to say...

For a moment I mistakenly thought I could add a poll to this topic; whoops... :Lilina:

I do wonder what the 2300 EDT update will be, if anything of note. Not expecting an update at 0500 EDT if the trailer will be at 1000 EDT like last week.

I guess I'll ask everyone about their favoured Personal Skills in the Character Trailers topic once the next video is up.

~~~

Given that I expect the last major info dump to happen at the 3-4 week mark (sort of coinciding with erstwhile-E3 slot), I'm expecting the next few weeks to have trailers as well. Don't really think there's all that much to stall on anymore (unless we start analysing the different coloured pots on the maps...)

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Maybe they could finally detail the durability system or something.

Perhaps they could go over weapons as whole rather than just durability? Similar to how they went over everything about Adjutants even though only one aspect was new

16 hours ago, ThePrimeOne said:

I mean, maybe? But now we're at the point where KT should start putting out trailers like this more consistently, considering how it's slightly over a month out from release. Doing weekly trailers for the three houses, the Church, and Ashen Wolves, plus a final trailer would fill up every Friday prior to release with some sort of new info and make for some consistent marketing at least.

They might do a different trailer for the last week or so, no shot is Ashen Wolves immediate base game.

7 hours ago, Seazas said:

They might do a different trailer for the last week or so, no shot is Ashen Wolves immediate base game.

People on and outside this forum were also positive that not all the students from the main three houses would return for the base game, and yet...

All I'm saying is that you never know.

4 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Boy, I'm actually feeling pretty anxious right now. That we might possibly have a new trailer in a few hours. 😄

Or in another week if they go completely against all expectations. 😛

And there's still radio silence, so I suspect we'll get another trailer within the next five hours. And if they don't, I might lose it.