Character bios

The ways I can see this going: 

Nintendo drops an announcement this morning/this evening for a Direct tomorrow, or maybe even just drops it as a surprise. We get a trailer and a demo then. (Likely if Nintendo really wants one last push for the Mario Strikers game.)

Nintendo has a Direct next week, and we get a trailer and a demo then. (Mario Strikers gets a "it's out now don't forget to pick it up!" trailer.) 

Nintendo drops a trailer on Friday or whenever they deem it appropriate, and we get a trailer then. (If this is the case, then Nintendo might not have a Direct until the 27, which may allow them to focus on Xenoblade 3 and Splatoon 3 alongside whatever else they're planning for the rest of the year. HOWEVER, if the rumors of a new mainline FE game potentially coming out this year are true, this could be our first look. We could get a "Three Hopes is out! Buy it now!" tease alongside "and there's more coming..." I don't think this is likely or wise at all, but I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.) 

EDIT: With Xbox showing an extended showcase next week on June 14, Direct date predictions are now even more in flux. Of course, if Nintendo had planned on showing a Direct that day, they could just carry on. They could also release it earlier if its ready or later if they feel like it. The point is that things are even more of a case of "I don't know" than before.

Edited by Use the Falchion

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we got 2 black eagle conversations, 2 blue lion conversations, so it’s expected that tomorrow will be another golden deer convo. That means we’ll more than likely get something different Thursday. Not saying it will be anything big, but the pattern will be over. Either it’ll be a convo with a miscellaneous character, or something completely different.

I wonder if that could mean we might get a Nintendo direct Thursday. IIRC most directs tend to fall on a Thursday (don’t quote me on this it’s just something sticking out in my mind). The reason I say that is because I can’t see a trailer dropping without being in a direct at this point, and with the demo scare recently, I could definitely see them dropping a trailer Thursday, meaning a direct might be in the cards.

7 minutes ago, TheCraigadile said:

So we got 2 black eagle conversations, 2 blue lion conversations, so it’s expected that tomorrow will be another golden deer convo. That means we’ll more than likely get something different Thursday. Not saying it will be anything big, but the pattern will be over. Either it’ll be a convo with a miscellaneous character, or something completely different.

I wonder if that could mean we might get a Nintendo direct Thursday. IIRC most directs tend to fall on a Thursday (don’t quote me on this it’s just something sticking out in my mind). The reason I say that is because I can’t see a trailer dropping without being in a direct at this point, and with the demo scare recently, I could definitely see them dropping a trailer Thursday, meaning a direct might be in the cards.

That would be profoundly strange, as it would mean Nintendo would be intentionally timing their direct on the same day as Summer Game Fest opening night, without SGF branding and without making any prior announcement on the matter.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That would be profoundly strange, as it would mean Nintendo would be intentionally timing their direct on the same day as Summer Game Fest opening night, without SGF branding and without making any prior announcement on the matter.

I didn’t even know that was a thing tbh. I’m out of the loop with gaming conventions and stuff tbh, become a very casual fan.

Hmm that throws a wrench in the works. I would’ve expected a Friday trailer but Im expecting it in a direct so I guess it’ll be sometime next week. I don’t mind really, we are only like 2 and a bit weeks away from the full release, and tbh I’d like go in and be surprised, but if a demo drops and there is a data mine I’ll be looking at it cuz I have no self control haha

2 hours ago, TheCraigadile said:

Yeah I noticed that too this morning. Other people have noticed that the UK Nintendo eShop is also having a sale, which they usually announce the day before a Direct announcement. Not the most solid of evidence, but it's not nothing either. 

2 hours ago, TheCraigadile said:

That may be the best time for a demo unless they're going to wait to release any demo (which I'm starting to wonder if it was a fluke on the wrong page or not) a week before the game comes out. A Direct on Thursday could be used for a final push on Mario Strikers as well.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Sounds like a pretty Nintendo thing, in all honesty. Nintendo isn't part of SGF, so they may have felt like they didn't need to announce any June or Summer Direct in advance. They also may be able to time it for being between the opening and the later event...which perfectly fits the slot of February Direct, just a day off.

SGF's Day of Devs lasts from 11am to 2pm Pacific Time, while the next event goes from 3pm to 4pm Pacific Time. The February Direct was from 2pm to 3pm Pacific Time. It's a narrow slot, but it is a slot that they can use if we get a Direct on the board before the next Mario game. 

Would doing this be a slap in the face to SGF? Most likely, unless there were some behind-the-scenes talks happening. (Not impossible, but not too likely either.) Will this happen? Probably not, but it's fun to talk about and isn't out of the picture IMO. 

12 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Yeah I noticed that too this morning. Other people have noticed that the UK Nintendo eShop is also having a sale, which they usually announce the day before a Direct announcement. Not the most solid of evidence, but it's not nothing either. 

That may be the best time for a demo unless they're going to wait to release any demo (which I'm starting to wonder if it was a fluke on the wrong page or not) a week before the game comes out. A Direct on Thursday could be used for a final push on Mario Strikers as well.

Sounds like a pretty Nintendo thing, in all honesty. Nintendo isn't part of SGF, so they may have felt like they didn't need to announce any June or Summer Direct in advance. They also may be able to time it for being between the opening and the later event...which perfectly fits the slot of February Direct, just a day off.

SGF's Day of Devs lasts from 11am to 2pm Pacific Time, while the next event goes from 3pm to 4pm Pacific Time. The February Direct was from 2pm to 3pm Pacific Time. It's a narrow slot, but it is a slot that they can use if we get a Direct on the board before the next Mario game. 

Would doing this be a slap in the face to SGF? Most likely, unless there were some behind-the-scenes talks happening. (Not impossible, but not too likely either.) Will this happen? Probably not, but it's fun to talk about and isn't out of the picture IMO. 

Well, you're certainly thinking about it harder than I am.

If there's a chance, there's a chance, and I'd be happy with it. If not, I'll just busy myself with Age of Calamity for the next 3 weeks.

17 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, you're certainly thinking about it harder than I am.

If there's a chance, there's a chance, and I'd be happy with it. If not, I'll just busy myself with Age of Calamity for the next 3 weeks.

Meh, I'm just doing a little diligence. I heard that it might, I heard that it couldn't, so I investigated myself and thought about the logic of it. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I'll be fine if there's no demo as well; I'll just be upset and excited about the game, but I'll be fine. There is more than enough releasing or on the backburner to keep me busy until the game comes out and I have time to play it. (Frankly, I'm more interested in a demo than I am in a Direct.)

5 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Meh, I'm just doing a little diligence. I heard that it might, I heard that it couldn't, so I investigated myself and thought about the logic of it. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I'll be fine if there's no demo as well; I'll just be upset and excited about the game, but I'll be fine. There is more than enough releasing or on the backburner to keep me busy until the game comes out and I have time to play it. (Frankly, I'm more interested in a demo than I am in a Direct.)

I still think a direct or final trailer is more interesting than the demo itself. Even in the context of the one game, potential info drops/roster reveals mean a better game on/after release. And then there's all the other games.

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I still think a direct or final trailer is more interesting than the demo itself. Even in the context of the one game, potential info drops/roster reveals mean a better game on/after release. And then there's all the other games.

I just don't think there's much the trailers will tell us now that a demo can't tell us before release or that we won't find out once the game is released. As for the Direct, they're fun, but I play a very few select franchises. For Nintendo that's usually Fire Emblem and Pokemon, both of which I know the release dates for their next projects. Unless a new FE is announced, I'm watching for fun and for everyone else to be excited, not for my own personal hopes and game wishlist.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

That’s possible but it would make the demo leak exceptionally cruel.

I wasn`t aware there was a leak. Then again, I tend to not pay attention to rumors and the like to avoid being misinformed.  

Besides, I was wrong about the second trailer, so I could be wrong again.

4 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I wasn`t aware there was a leak. Then again, I tend to not pay attention to rumors and the like to avoid being misinformed.  

Besides, I was wrong about the second trailer, so I could be wrong again.

There was a big “download demo” button on the storefront for a while. Even if that was a glitch they should have mentioned that rather then allow false hype to spread

10 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

So, someone apparently "leaked" the Direct Date due to not having to sign a specific type of NDA for a specific game or something. IDK if this is actually true or if that's when we'll get a Three Houses demo. We'll probably know pretty soon either way. 

That lines up well with the other rumor, and just Nintendo's normal tendency to go last during the E3 events. Sounds believable to me.

And it's a good idea to advertise the demo in a Direct because it gets more eyes on it.

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

There was a big “download demo” button on the storefront for a while. Even if that was a glitch they should have mentioned that rather then allow false hype to spread

Better to be safe then sorry I always say, I prefer being a skeptic and be pleasantly surprised than get my hopes up and be disappointed. But yes, they would, or at least should, have said something if that was just a glitch.

11 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I absolutely think there will be a demo. All Warriors games since DW9 have gotten them, including AoC. And there is no reason for this to be an exception.

Very true.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:19 PM, Use the Falchion said:

So, someone apparently "leaked" the Direct Date due to not having to sign a specific type of NDA for a specific game or something. IDK if this is actually true or if that's when we'll get a Three Houses demo. We'll probably know pretty soon either way. 

This just got some credence; while the leaker intended to block it out, people photoshopped the image and found that it was a leak for Neon White releasing June 16...which just got confirmed at the Summer Game Fest. Including that it's releasing for Switch and PC.

So at the very least this email is real, though it doesn't technically confirm a Nintendo Direct. In fact, the game getting its release date confirmed already means this email probably says nothing whatsoever about a potential direct.