Character bios

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

Its disappointing since it delays the reveal of new characters like Dorothea or Ashe. 

Those are odd ways to spell Marianne and Lysithea. But yea, it sucks they are just rehashing ones we know. It will probably be Ferdinand, Lorenz and Mercedes after the lords.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I feel once the leaders are covered, they'll either go for trailer shots of the characters like they did towards the end of March, or possibly swerve to game system related shots for a few weeks (the last block of trailer shots was over a period of 13 days from March 7-19), before the next info trickle.

Even if we consider just the base game students only, it's very easy to cover 18 of them in an over 60 day period; though I'd hope that if that approach were taken they'd consider alternating student profiles with screenshots of them in game each day.

And there's still the question of characters like Monica / other unique but possibly NPCs like Holst / Bergliez / etc...

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Those are odd ways to spell Marianne and Lysithea. But yea, it sucks they are just rehashing ones we know. It will probably be Ferdinand, Lorenz and Mercedes after the lords.

Oh I wouldn't spell Marianne when talking about best characters anyway. 

That's what I think too and its also disappointing. Since we've already seen Lorenz and Mercedes I see little use in showing their portraits. That time could better be served hyping us with characters we haven't seen yet or even surprising newbies.

41 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

You don't think that running out of bios for confirmed characters would coincide with new trailers/demo? Because character reveals through bios would be anticlimactic.

What was the pre-release cycle for the students for 3H itself?

It depends if they do an AoC styled character reveal approach (still plausible) - but I'd feel like some other information would need to come along with it.

I'm expecting one more major trailer at the one month mark (similar timing as the timeskip trailer for 3H), and I guess if a demo is in the works that would be timed for then as well.

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

What was the pre-release cycle for the students for 3H itself?

IIRC, they released a bio every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the weeks/months leading up to the game's release. We then got an E3 trailer and Treehouse Demo, and I think some gameplay spots before the game released. I don't remember if they did the Church of Seiros though. 

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

(similar timing as the timeskip trailer for 3H)

That was also the E3 trailer, since E3 was in June and the game released in July. Since we're not having E3 this year, I'm not as sold about us getting a trailer around that time; but as you say, if a demo is in the works, then a month before the game is the perfect time to release it. 

I'd say it's easily possible that characters returning from Three Houses will be revealed in bios.

I mean, this game is likely being targeted towards gamers who have already played Three Houses and know these characters anyway. I can very easily see them using this to show off the other students.

As for original characters, who knows.

5 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'd say it's easily possible that characters returning from Three Houses will be revealed in bios.

I mean, this game is likely being targeted towards gamers who have already played Three Houses and know these characters anyway. I can very easily see them using this to show off the other students.

As for original characters, who knows.

The flipside to that is that playable characters are very much the premier selling point of these games. They're the big thing people get excited (or disappointed) about. 

Bernadetta, Ferdinand, Dorothea, or Monica for Black Eagles

Felix or Mercedes for Blue Lions

Lorenz or Lysithea for Golden Deer 

All three houses have shown at least one other character with BE giving us potential hints to 2-3 more as well. If Three Hopes wants to cover all of the old characters who have been "shown" in the latest trailer first, then we'll probably get Ferdinand, Mercedes, and Lorenz next. If we're going off of popularity, however, then I'd wager we'll get Bernadetta, Felix, and Lysithea next. Monica's a real wildcard to me, since they could give her a demo and clear up some potential speculation while teasing out a new character and still following the pattern, but IntSys may want to save all of the new characters until the end. I honestly don't know. 

If we're going off of plot importance, then things get ever weirder. Monica, Petra, or Ferdinand would usually most likely fit for BE, but since we most likely saw a relative of Caspar's in the trailer, I could see Caspar showing up. Blue Lions has multiple plot-relevant characters both in terms of story and in terms of world-building and characters. Ashe and Sylvain are important to Part 1 of Three Houses, which may open them up to be shown earlier, while Felix and Mercedes have more Part 2 relevance. The Golden Deer more or less have Lysithea and Lorenz for minor but characterization and world-building, but that's about it. And as much as I'd love to see Marianne show up sooner, I just can't see a world where she gets in before Lorenz (who was already shown) and Lysithea (who is more popular, if Heroes is anything to go by). 

And I can guess and theorize, but at the end of the day, I honestly don't know. We only have to wait a few hours to find out though! 

Edited by Use the Falchion

19 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Bernadetta, Ferdinand, Dorothea, or Monica for Black Eagles

Felix or Mercedes for Blue Lions

Lorenz or Lysithea for Golden Deer 

All three houses have shown at least one other character with BE giving us potential hints to 2-3 more as well. If Three Hopes wants to cover all of the old characters who have been "shown" in the latest trailer first, then we'll probably get Ferdinand, Mercedes, and Lorenz next. If we're going off of popularity, however, then I'd wager we'll get Bernadetta, Felix, and Lysithea next. Monica's a real wildcard to me, since they could give her a demo and clear up some potential speculation while teasing out a new character and still following the pattern, but IntSys may want to save all of the new characters until the end. I honestly don't know. 

If we're going off of plot importance, then things get ever weirder. Monica, Petra, or Ferdinand would usually most likely fit for BE, but since we most likely saw a relative of Caspar's in the trailer, I could see Caspar showing up. Blue Lions has multiple plot-relevant characters both in terms of story and in terms of world-building and characters. Ashe and Sylvain are important to Part 1 of Three Houses, which may open them up to be shown earlier, while Felix and Mercedes have more Part 2 relevance. The Golden Deer more or less have Lysithea and Lorenz for minor but characterization and world-building, but that's about it. And as much as I'd love to see Marianne show up sooner, I just can't see a world where she gets in before Lorenz (who was already shown) and Lysithea (who is more popular, if Heroes is anything to go by). 

And I can guess and theorize, but at the end of the day, I honestly don't know. We only have to wait a few hours to find out though! 

Welp.

Maybe something today?

Okay so officially confirmed by Digitaltrends Edelgard is now Scarlet Blaze (her new name), Dimitri is now called Azure Gleam and Golden Wildfire is Claude’s new alias. Clau.. I mean Golden Wlidfire’s new class is Drake Master.

Spoiler

Don’t believe outlets that don’t know anything.

FYI, Three Hopes may be the last chance we get to hear Ferdinand von Aegir. His VA (also Shield Hero and Shin from 86, among other roles), was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.

If I wasn't already considering maining him before, it's a clear choice now. For one fighting for their life, a celebratory power fantasy may be a fitting note. It is the genre where no matter how overwhelming the odds, victory is never in doubt.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

FYI, Three Hopes may be the last chance we get to hear Ferdinand von Aegir. His VA (also Shield Hero and Shin from 86, among other roles), was just diagnosed with stage 4 colorectal cancer.

If I wasn't already considering maining him before, it's a clear choice now. For one fighting for their life, a celebratory power fantasy may be a fitting note. It is the genre where no matter how overwhelming the odds, victory is never in doubt.

Oof that sounds rough. Its a real shame.

Its also possible he'll be replaced. I believe voice acting and especially dubbing always happens fairly late in development. 

23 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Same here. He's getting an S-support from me. I was shocked when I read your post and started a new thread about it in serious discussions. The video he posted yesterday is worth a watch.

21 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its also possible he'll be replaced. I believe voice acting and especially dubbing always happens fairly late in development.

Not sure about 3 hopes but he did say that people are taking over for him on his various projects. It would be hard to listen to another actor voice Ferdinand, knowing what we do about his situation. 😞 

On 4/26/2022 at 2:22 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Oof that sounds rough. Its a real shame.

This game strikes me as one that was fairly late into development even at the point of announcement. Bare in mind that it was being rated that same month. So it's probably just undergoing polishing and late-stage processes these past couple months. It's certainly possible that VA and localization is one of those things, but it's also not inconceivable that his VA work was already done.

The release date being even as far away as it is, likely comes down to game release windows and marketing more than anything. 

Koei has Touken Ranbu Musou's western release coming in May. By all accounts, Touken Ranbu sounds like it may be the worst spinoff they've ever done (yes, worse than Berserk level bad), and FEW3H would absolutely destroy its limited western sales potential if they release it first. Nintendo meanwhile needed a release window sufficiently far from Mario Strikers and Xenoblade.

Edit: Needed to clarify that Touken Ranbu, not FEW3H, is potentially Koei's worst spinoff. FEW3H looks absolutely awesome.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Given they already had an English trailer ready at announcement, I think they probably did the recording months ago. I think it'll still be him.

And hopefully they get around to confirming Ferdinand and other characters once they stop regurgitating stuff already shown off in the trailer.