Character bios

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we'll wait THAT long for another trailer. The daily marketing campaign will probably kick off in full the week after. But I think we're probably within a week or two of a new trailer.

As I said before, Twitter profiles are an anticlimactic way to reveal characters. It seems to me that they're stalling for time now.

I think this was the last post on Army Preparations. The Marching Orders part would mainly talk about the mission select map and the pre-battle preparations (deployment and combat art / battalion selection) which hopefully goes for no more than 3 days. The Combat part would go over Issue Orders and Adjutants, which covers 2 days for these but they may very well add a third 'general' day at the start.

So possibly either new info next week (though it is Golden Week...) or they fall back on screenshots that we've seen a million times in the trailers (perhaps in combat images for the retainers?).

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'll be curious to see if they do the same thing as Three Houses and give each house a trailer of it's own .

It would be consistent with Koei's marketing. They did the same thing with Touken Ranbu's 5 teams.

12 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

I think this was the last post on Army Preparations. The Marching Orders part would mainly talk about the mission select map and the pre-battle preparations (deployment and combat art / battalion selection) which hopefully goes for no more than 3 days. The Combat part would go over Issue Orders and Adjutants, which covers 2 days for these but they may very well add a third 'general' day at the start.

So possibly either new info next week (though it is Golden Week...) or they fall back on screenshots that we've seen a million times in the trailers (perhaps in combat images for the retainers?).

They can probably stretch out the bullshit just long enough for a trailer the following Tuesday the 10th or Friday the 13th.

The swerve from playable characters to minor game content has me feeling a few ways. 

Part of me is worried that we actually won't get as many characters as I hope and feel we should get, that the limited roster will be a thing. We may see our House Leaders, their retainers, and 2-3 more members of each house, as expected. The rest of the roster may just be NPCs or new characters. Although when I think of that, I also think of Mercedes and how low we rated her, but she's apparently playable. Then again, we haven't seen her in gameplay, and we're a very small minority of FE players, and not indicative of the entire base. I just don't know. 

After today's post, another part of me thinks and hopes we'll get another trailer soon, as in maybe even today. Maybe they'll do a hybrid thing, where they release a new trailer/spot with a little information, talk about the characters in the spot as well as the new gameplay shown for a week or two, and then show a new spot after that. It may be a solid pattern and allows for things to be refreshed every couple of weeks. But the due date for that was this past Wednesday, and I'd very much prefer one more trailer and a demo than most other things at this time. 

Although after my last super off-base assumptions, I'm not sure I should be guessing anything about the marketing strategy of this game...

(Although as a super side-tangent, I did have my first Three Hopes dream! I usually dream about the games I play, especially if I'm spending all of my free time and thoughts playing them. That clearly hasn't happened fully with Three Hopes yet, so this one happening now felt a little soon, but it was cool all the same. In the dream, I was able to talk to Byleth and she told me that she had experienced all four routes. She also actually crossed paths with the House Leaders and Garrag Mach group very briefly before fighting Shez...which makes no sense because they weren't students yet. The dream "confirmed" that Byleth was fully voice acted as well, which was interesting. Regardless, this was just a dream, not a leak or premonition or anything like that, and it should be treated as an amusing coincidence.)

Yikes. I'd call today's post a nothing post but even that is giving it too much credit.

Post a screenshot of our mystery Almyran Royal, and then don't say a word other than telling us for the thousandth time that the game is coming June 24. So happy they're putting their heart and soul into those Twitter posts./s

And yeah, I don't think this swerve indicates a small roster. They're likely just being obstinate and holding out until a new trailer or something comes.

Edited by Sentinel07

12 hours ago, Seazas said:

They're stalling, less of a small roster and more of Koei badly needing to stall so they make "nothing" twitter posts.

I agree with this. There really would be no excuse for a small roster when going with a focus game already built on the engine. It's badly organized (or perhaps strictly organized) marketing.

8 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I agree with this. There really would be no excuse for a small roster when going with a focus game already built on the engine. It's badly organized (or perhaps strictly organized) marketing.

it's honestly worse than just no marketing lol. Dangling the possibility of actual new info in front of us and then just stalling and stalling and stalling.

21 hours ago, Seazas said:

They're stalling, less of a small roster and more of Koei badly needing to stall so they make "nothing" twitter posts.

Right. This was more or less what was happening for the most part after the initial reveal until the Mysterious Mercenary trailer, so I'm hoping this is to hold us over until we get something like one trailer per week for each of the three houses and branching paths leading up to the release. Something like that, anyway.

All the interesting stuff we want to know isn’t getting any info at all, with the Almyran Prince(?) and now the pic of who we think are Holst and Count Bergliez, all they get is a generic ‘Scheduled to be released June 24th’ it’s such a tease

3 minutes ago, TheCraigadile said:

All the interesting stuff we want to know isn’t getting any info at all, with the Almyran Prince(?) and now the pic of who we think are Holst and Count Bergliez, all they get is a generic ‘Scheduled to be released June 24th’ it’s such a tease

It's embarrassing at this point. If all they're going to do is just reiterate the release date, they might was well just not say anything at all.

Irrationally hoping that since the Twitter feed has finished up covering the Famitsu stills and Nintendo Switch Sports is out, we'll see a new trailer with new character bios tomorrow. I'm ready to be disappointed!

And according to the latest Tweet, it looks like the Amiibo will be used for weapons, items, and money again. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Irrationally hoping that since the Twitter feed has finished up covering the Famitsu stills and Nintendo Switch Sports is out, we'll see a new trailer with new character bios tomorrow. I'm ready to be disappointed!

And according to the latest Tweet, it looks like the Amiibo will be used for weapons, items, and money again. 

Most video game related announcements happen on Tuesdays or Fridays. Nintendo also seems to like Thursdays for directs. Today was always profoundly unlikely. But hey... I figure if it doesn't happen this week due to Golden Week, it'll probably be next week.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Today's post: "Did you know this game plays like a Warriors game? Well it does!"

I guess that technically is informative since Persona 5 Strikers was less Warriors than FF7 Remake, and Age of Calamity brought in borderline unplayable rail shooter segments.

Wow, these twitter posts quickly devolved from "here`s a character with some basic info" to "ThIs Is A gAmE". I wanna say I am disaapointed, but the turn around was so quick I had no time to properly react to the change.

19 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Predicting tomorrow's post:

DiD yOu KnOw YoU cAn UsE a CoNtRoLlEr To PlAy OuR gAmE?! cOnTrOlLeRs HaVe BuTtOnS! tOmOrRoW wE'lL bE sHoWiNg OfF tHe CoNtRoL sTiCk. YoU'lL nEvEr GuEsS wHaT iT dOeS.

I can tell you what it won’t do: Turn this bullshit around!

20 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Predicting tomorrow's post:

DiD yOu KnOw YoU cAn UsE a CoNtRoLlEr To PlAy OuR gAmE?! cOnTrOlLeRs HaVe BuTtOnS! tOmOrRoW wE'lL bE sHoWiNg OfF tHe CoNtRoL sTiCk. YoU'lL nEvEr GuEsS wHaT iT dOeS.

The one after that

wE wAnT tO aNnOunCe tHaT wE hAve a sTaRt bUtTon. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The one after that

wE wAnT tO aNnOunCe tHaT wE hAve a sTaRt bUtTon. 

PrEsS tHe LiGhT aTtAcK bUtToN aNd ThE hEaVy AtTaCk BuTtoN tO dO cOmBoS. OvEr tHe NeXt YeAr, wE'lL bE sHoWiNg oFf eAcH cOmBo FoR eVeRy ChArAcTeR. aLsO, tHe GaMe Is DeLaYeD uNtIl We FiNiSh.