What Path/Genders of Avatars will you be choosing?

Which Nation?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Nation

2. 2. Which Avatars?

• Male Shez/Male Byleth
    • Female Shez/Female Byleth
    • Male Shez/Female Byleth
    • Female Shez/Male Byleth

Now that we know for sure there are multiple paths, as well the fact that the genders for both Avatar characters can be chosen, what and who are you planning to choose? 

For me, since I love my Blue Lion cubs, I am definitely picking Azure Gleams first, then Golden Wildfire, and finally Scarlet Blaze if I decide to replay the game. 

Since I prefer Male Characters, I will definitely start off with Male Shez and Byleth, but in alternate playthroughs I would change it up. 

I'll be going male/male. I just prefer playing male avatars.

I think I'll do Azure Gleam first since between Dimitri, Dedue, Felix, and Annette, it has the most potential characters I'd want to play. Scarlet Blaze is making that a hard choice though with Ferdinand, Hubert, Caspar, Linhardt, and Bernadetta.

Gonna do what I did for Three Houses and go Lions->Deer->Eagles.

As for which forms of Shez and Byleth I'll pick... I might go F!Shez and M!Byleth to be contrarian to what the game is advertising (I also prefer their designs to M!Shez and F!Byleth) but I dunno yet. I might just randomly pick either maybe on the release day.

FEER THE DEAR!
Although dunno if i will start with them. Depends on route structure

As for avatar, F!Shez and M!Byleth most likely. I played 3H with M!Byleth, so i will go with him as playing with F!Byleth will be a bit weird, and then choosing F!Shez for balance. I also like F!Shez and M!Byleth designs over M!Shez and F!Byleth

Edited by Shrimpolaris

If I can get Shez's JP voice, I'm going with male.  Will probably go Black Eagles because of Hubert (again).  I'll flip a coin for Byleth.

Female of both Byleth and Shez and going to do Black eagles first as it is my favorite house.  I do think that there likely is going to be plot hidden behind all path completion because warriors games in particular love do that. At the vary least I can see them hiding history mode stuff behind beating all the paths.

5 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Female of both Byleth and Shez and going to do Black eagles first as it is my favorite house.  I do think that there likely is going to be plot hidden behind all path completion because warriors games in particular love do that. At the vary least I can see them hiding history mode stuff behind beating all the paths.

The only way I could see that happening would be if you could replay all paths on one save file. And I have no idea how that would work with the whole map conquest mechanic.

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The only way I could see that happening would be if you could replay all paths on one save file. And I have no idea how that would work with the whole map conquest mechanic.

They could give a reset map option to start a new route.

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Its really not as hard as you think to do with multiple ways to implement it. The easiest way is basically treat each route like a more advanced Fire emblem warriors 1 history mode menu and boom your done full access to all three routes without forcing you to finish one to access the other.

4 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Its really not as hard as you think to do with multiple ways to implement it. The easiest way is basically treat each route like a more advanced Fire emblem warriors 1 history mode menu and boom your done full access to all three routes without forcing you to finish one to access the other.

That's a great idea, actually.

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

That's a great idea, actually.

Also just saying the mainline dynasty warrior empires games (which I am a pretty big fan of) can track multiple constantly changing maps with a ton of the most random non-historcal factions including player charcters while also giving you unlocks for meeting requirements in the main menu upon meeting said requirements (usually gallery stuff). Pretty sure managing three faction maps is a whole lot easier than what they have to deal with for the empires series but maybe I am wrong.

First playthrough I'll probably do M!Shez and F!Byleth, and then I'll switch it up for the next one. 

My biggest question will be what house I choose. For Three Houses, I originally was going to choose Black Eagles, but Claude charmed me to the Golden Deer, and then Dimitri's personality shift piqued my curiosity for the Blue Lions, and then I realized I don't think I want to play either Crimson Flower or Silver Snow. So, should I go and rectify that with Scarlet Blaze? Or should I try a repeat with the Golden Wildfire?

I generally prefer playing as female characters, so I'll go with female for both, but I do actually like male Shez's design quite a bit.  Of all the avatar designs we've seen in the series, I think both Shez designs are among my favorites, if not my absolute favorites.  They're pretty rad, imo.  Could be the novelty, but for now I like 'em.

The first time I played Three Houses (shame I can't abbreviate it as "3H" anymore because of this game, lmao) I went with the Black Eagles, but overall, I think my favorite house is the Blue Lions so I will probably go Azure Gleam first.  It's a really hard pick for me though because every house contains some characters I absolutely love, but every time I look at the roster of every house, I just look at the Blue Lions and think "I basically like every single one of these characters and they just click so well together".  I also can't really bear the idea of turning a blade on the adorably dorky Annette or secret soft boi Felix.

Going Male/Male, since I'm a guy and I ran Male Byleth in Three Houses. (I may switch things up on further playthroughs/free mode.)
-- I am tempted to run Male Shez / Female Byleth, since that seems to be the "canon" pick for this timeline, but if my suspicions about a playable Byleth is correct and its a golden route, I would like a Male Byleth so I can continue his journey from Three Houses into Three Hopes.

As for route order, same as I did for Three Houses. I was always an Edelgard supporter from pre-release, and even after playing through the routes I still like the Black Eagles route the most.
-- Black Eagles (Scarlet Blaze)
-- Blue Lions (Azure Gleam)
-- Golden Deer (Golden Wildfire)

I will be going Blue Lions first because it was my favorite route in 3Hs and I will be going Female Shez / Female Byleth because I always use Female avatars.  I will probably do Black Eagles as the second playthrough since it was my 2nd choice on favorite path.

I'll be using Male Shez/Male Byleth, I generally always prefer the male avatars. As for which route/house, I'm leaning towards Azure Gleam, it matches what I started with in Three Houses and it kinda makes sense to do so again here. But, Golden Wildfire is tempting because of how much I like Claude and Marianne. Still, between Dimitri, Ashe, Mercedes, Felix, and Annette, the Blue Lions have so many great characters that I like.

The Eagles are my babies (Edie/Hubie/Doro/Petra in particular) so I imagine I'll gravitate towards whatever route lets me play as them.

Probably female/female for the avatars at first. May switch up Shez on later runs depending on how I feel. I usually gravitate towards female avatars at first; it remains to be seen if Shez will be a Robin/Corrin case where I try out the male version for a replay or a Byleth case where I pretty much only play female ever (there's a reason for this, it's complicated and personal).

If a game has the option to play female I always do. So definitely female for both the harder queation for me is which route as I like all three Lords it makes it difficult to pick.