What Path/Genders of Avatars will you be choosing?

Which Nation?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Nation

2. 2. Which Avatars?

• Male Shez/Male Byleth
    • Female Shez/Female Byleth
    • Male Shez/Female Byleth
    • Female Shez/Male Byleth

I feel like Female Shez and Male Byleth would be the best pick, but man if I do get the game I probably won't be able to help myself and pick Male Shez and Male Byleth. Though I really do think Female Shez has the better design, kinda like how I think Male Byleth has the better design.

Honestly right now I'm still deciding if I even want to buy the game or not... But I'm cautiously optimistic! Here's hoping it's good!

Will go safe and play male Shez and Female Byleth in case S supports are a thing.

If there are I'm playing male all 3 routes, otherwise I will play femShez and male Byleth once.

The internet seems like theyvhave made their choice already.

1649926491843.png

Originally, I was pretty much sure I was going to go Blue Lions first like with 3H, but if we can't recruit from other houses like in 3H, I think I'm gonna go with Black Eagles solely for Monica. Seems she's a wind focused mage, considering the relic weapon she's carrying. As for Shez and Byleth, Female/Female

Edited by Vexal

Right now, it`s probably gonna be Golden Wildfire, even though Golden Deer is my least favourite house. The appearance of a Almyran Prince(?) and possibly Holst makes me interested in what kind of story Claude`s route might tell, and, hopefully, how it relates to his goals and ambitions.  Though Scarlet Blaze also has my interest with Monica and Count Bergliez(?).

For the avatars, it will probably be male for both. I don`t care for F!Shez`s design, and her commonality in fanon works has made me sick of F!Byleth.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to start with Golden Wildfire, because I started with the Golden Deer in Three Houses. Scarlet Blaze will be the second playthrough, then I'll finish off with Azure Gleam, since my second playthrough was Black Eagles, and I'm finishing off with Blue Lions in Three Houses (Not counting Silver Snow, because it looks like this game only has 3 routes compared to 3 Houses' 4. Though if there is a secret 4th route added, I might have to change the order of my playthroughs after Golden Wildfire).

Regarding avatars, I'll most likely choose Male Shez and Male Byleth, as I generally prefer the male avatars for these games. Though if Three Hopes includes S-Supports with Shez and Byleth, I may have to change their genders for second and third playthroughs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Changing my vote from Azure Gleam to Scarlet Blaze. I was always kind of on the fence, and it was Dimitri's infantry lance moveset bringing me to Azure Gleam. But it looks like I'll be able to get that experience with Ferdinand, and the Black Eagles are my favorite main house overall. Hubert looks badass, Ferdinand looks like he'll be my main, Bernie is best girl, and Linhardt is quite possibly my favorite character in the game alongside Hapi. I'm not a huge Caspar fan, but he also looks really fun to play.

2 minutes ago, drattakbowser said:

Order :

Azure Gleam --> Scarlet Blaze --> Golden Wildfire

Like they order released in trailer

Female Byleth and Male Shez 

Like trailer and cover.

Hope Byleth and Shez S Support 

Same. In fact don't care if there isn't S supports but there is some kind of canon ship between Byleth and Shez as part of the story.

3 minutes ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Same. In fact don't care if there isn't S supports but there is some kind of canon ship between Byleth and Shez as part of the story.

Azure Gleam : I play Dimitri only

Scarlet Blaze : I play Edelgard only

Golden Wildfire : I play Claude only

Byleth and Shez maybe.

I think I figured out what Byleth/Shez gender combo I'll tackle, and that may change which route I choose first. Right now I'm thinking: 

Azure Gleam - M!Shez/F!Byleth

Scarlet Blaze -F!Shez/M!Byleth

Verdant Wildfire - M!Shez/M!Byleth

The next route I choose and/or a hidden fourth route - F!Shez/F!Byleth

Of course, since I plan on dong M!Shez/F!Byleth first, Azure Gleam is likely to be my first route. The others will depend on what new and newly playable characters they have. Claude may sway me once again, but we'll see how that goes. 

For the demo release, I'm planning on using up the save slots with at least one variation of the three paths if possible. This will help kill time while also giving me the best preview I can get. I hope, anyways. 

I'm starting with M!Shez and F!Byleth for my first route, Scarlet Blaze. I decided to use M!Byleth and picked the Black Eagles first when I played OG FE3H initially because I saw the former more in promotional materials pre-release, so I stuck with him. More or less the same reasoning I'm using now.

After that, I'll probably keep using F!Shez and alternate between M!Byleth and F!Byleth between Azure Gleam and Golden Wildfire.

I'll probably go with what I did for Three Houses.

Deer -> Lions -> Eagles

As for the MCs... Male Shez and Female Byleth make the most sense to me. And I'll probably do the opposite for a different path. Maybe go both Female Shez and Female Byleth in Azure Gleam because there's already a lot of male characters in that route.

For every FE game I've played with an Avatar, I've given each Avatar a similar yet different name, as they're twins in my head and twin-themed naming is tight

Robin (M) and Rowan/Raven (F) 

Corrin (M) and Corinne* (F)

Byleth (M) and Belle (F)

for Three Hopes, I'm going to see how Shez (M) and Cher (F) work. 

*I'm thinking about changing it to Cameron for at least one of them. The idea is that one was named Kamui, but that eventually was adopted as "Cammy" by Nohrians, who all assumed it was short for Cameron. As the child grows up, they come to love both their birth name of Kamui and their adoptive name of Cameron. I'm just not sure if I want it to be F!Corrin or M!Corrin just yet.

I’m basic. Will probably do Male Shez / Female Byleth on my first play through. Then the opposite genders in following ones.

Planning on doing the same order for the routes as I did in Three Houses: Eagles > Deer > Lions > secret golden route maybe (?)

• 2 weeks later...