New Heroes & Ascended Ishtar

22 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Tine looks a bit too much like a loli. I know she's smol, frail and needs protecting but due to how the timeskip works she cannot be any younger than 16, yet here she looks 13 at best. 

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's a surprising issue with quite a few of the gen 2 units. It feels like there was a miscommunication between Kaga and the character designers. Corpre looks no older first gen Oifey.

For it's worth, Kaga's old notes (largely now irrelevant for canonicity, however) had Tine being born two years after the Massacre.

I think the idea was that Tine's father would survive Berhara, escape to Silesse to join up with Tailtiu and the recently born Arthur, live in hiding, Tine was born, then they're found by Bloom.

Same thing was likely the idea for Coirpre. His father survives, years pass, he is born, then stuff happens that ends up with him in Hannibal's care.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

She doesnt have Tempo and she doesn't deal 7 true damage per hit.

When Tina's special triggers, she deals +7 damage and nullifies damage reduction skills, Just like Young Innes. She only deals +7 damage with specials.

I missed the "When special triggers", oops. Then it's a Deadeye+Wrath effect. That means she'll be glued to low CD specials like Moonbow/Glimmer/RS or Luna if one runs Time's Pulse on her. 

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

To be fair Hilda is a bigger character than Ishtore. Ishtore, despite being the relations of other major characters is a one time boss. You fight him, he dies, and then isn't mentioned much again (one or two references but no serious investment in mourning his loss). Basically warm up Ishtar before you really fight Ishtar. It's precisely because of this in between level of importance that ascended Ishtar would have been a great time to include him. Hilda we can throw into the game at any time and it would be appropriate, but this is kind of Ishtore's best opportunity. Without Ishtar being relevant in some way he's a tad bit too minor to really justify getting in (though random Chapter 4 pegasus got in and she's far more minor than Ishtore, so who knows, but even she got in as an excuse when they were doing other Sileese stuff, if I remember correctly).

Ah, I wasn't talking about replacing her with Ishtore. I was more thinking of replacing Scathach, if anyone, just to make the whole thing all family. (I like sets, even if I'm not going to be pulling for any of these guys.)

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For it's worth, Kaga's old notes (largely now irrelevant for canonicity, however) had Tine being born two years after the Massacre.

I think the idea was that Tine's father would survive Berhara, escape to Silesse to join up with Tailtiu and the recently born Arthur, live in hiding, Tine was born, then they're found by Bloom.

Same thing was likely the idea for Coirpre. His father survives, years pass, he is born, then stuff happens that ends up with him in Hannibal's care.

Yeah, but with their fathers being variable and thus every potential father surviving, that puts the kill count of the great barbeque to...literally only Sigurd and Arya.

Just now, Mercakete said:

Ah, I wasn't talking about replacing her with Ishtore. I was more thinking of replacing Scathach, if anyone, just to make the whole thing all family. (I like sets, even if I'm not going to be pulling for any of these guys.)

I wouldn't be against them putting more "villains" (in quotation marks because Ishtore really wasn't all that bad a dude) on the banners, especially because some games like Echoes and Awakening are still missing some significant villains and have almost all of their playable roster filled up, but I just don't really see them doing such a thing. I don't think we've ever gotten more than "one non-playable character + a GHB" in any banner.

Edited by Jotari

19 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Tine looks a bit too much like a loli. I know she's smol, frail and needs protecting but due to how the timeskip works she cannot be any younger than 16, yet here she looks 13 at best. 

Not everyone looks their age.

I easily could have passed for a middle schooler or high schooler when I graduated from college when I shaved off my facial hair. (And that was one of the remarks I got when introducing myself to my coworkers on my first day of work at my previous job.)

And this is even if you ignore the fact that different artists have different art styles that make their characters look older or younger as a whole.

4 minutes ago, 5PointGordin said:

Scathach didn't get anymore screwed over than the previous 2 demotes, Karin and Cath. I'm really not sure what the big deal is here.

Even if his statline is bad, I guarantee that his greater availability will put him in a much better position than a character like Galzus or Niime.

Karin and Cath at least have stat spreads that are relevant. Cath also has the advantage of being a dagger unit, which has the single best inheritable weapon in the game (which is also available from Divine Codes).

Slow infantry don't really have a place in the current meta.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, but with their fathers being variable and thus every potential father surviving, that puts the kill count of the great barbeque to...literally only Sigurd and Arya.

If we only take what we literally see in the game.

However, in an interview Kaga did stated that there's hundreds of soldiers we don't see for every member of Sigurd's party that we do, because of how scaled out the game perspective is. Sigurd's army was in the thousands, not just 20~24.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not everyone looks their age.

I easily could have passed for a middle schooler or high schooler when I graduated from college when I shaved off my facial hair. (And that was one of the remarks I got when introducing myself to my coworkers on my first day of work at my previous job.)

And this is even if you ignore the fact that different artists have different art styles that make their characters look older or younger as a whole.

Karin and Cath at least have stat spreads that are relevant. Cath also has the advantage of being a dagger unit, which has the single best inheritable weapon in the game (which is also available from Divine Codes).

Slow infantry don't really have a place in the current meta.

Ah, good point. I could counter with "but slow infantry swordie spread is unique", but even I know that point is complete rubbish since fast sworides still have good bulk, actually have far better defensive utility due to avoiding doubles and getting damage reduction, and have better offensive utility due to being less affected by the opponent's dodge skills and being able to double. The only slow sword infantry units that I know can kinda work all have some prf that basically nullfies the weaknesses of being slow by granting a brave effect, auto follow-up, or a ton of speed.

At least we've got Yen'fay as a decent "cheap" fast Swordie.

Also, what is this really good inheritable dagger from Divine Codes? Is it Lachesis's weapon? Asking cuz I am planning on +10ing Cath.

Edited by 5PointGordin

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Reinhardt doesn't necessarily die in Thracia. And not just in the sense that almost every boss in Thracia can be captured, but even in his own chapter he's not the boss guarding the seize point so you can go right around him (and by far the best strategy in that map is to warp skip it by killing Cowen on the first turn. Because all those damn authority stars and status staves are a major pain).

For the record, I am aware that Reinhardt might not be dead in Thracia. But regardless of whether he's dead or alive it doesn't really make any difference. Apparently he fades into history never to be heard from again, and his sister despises him. Which may not be too far from what happens to Ishtar, because even if you assume that she somehow lived the final battle she's probably going to be stripped of her title, prestige, lands, and most likely would disappear in history.

Ishtar is a weird choice for an Ascended, and opens up the door for other popular Camus archetypes to get Ascended and ... I'm not entirely onboard for that. Because in all seriousness, for all the complaining I've done about not getting Ascended Reinhardt, I was totally okay with not getting him ever if it meant we maintained some sort of internal consistency on what characters became Ascended. Like how I'd never ask him to be a Legendary Hero either because he's not legendary material.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

For the record, I am aware that Reinhardt might not be dead in Thracia. But regardless of whether he's dead or alive it doesn't really make any difference. Apparently he fades into history never to be heard from again, and his sister despises him. Which may not be too far from what happens to Ishtar, because even if you assume that she somehow lived the final battle she's probably going to be stripped of her title, prestige, lands, and most likely would disappear in history.

Ishtar is a weird choice for an Ascended, and opens up the door for other popular Camus archetypes to get Ascended and ... I'm not entirely onboard for that. Because in all seriousness, for all the complaining I've done about not getting Ascended Reinhardt, I was totally okay with not getting him ever if it meant we maintained some sort of internal consistency on what characters became Ascended. Like how I'd never ask him to be a Legendary Hero either because he's not legendary material.

IDK, this may be a stretch, but the yellow aura surrounding her and her demeanor make it seem like the Ascendent is Ishtar's spirit. I don't know much about legendary sigurd, but the way her smiles and has the yellow aura surrounding him is similar. The way they ominously give positive comments and encouragement seems very reminiscent of Rinea from Shadows of Valentia after she died.

4 minutes ago, 5PointGordin said:

Also, what is this really good inheritable dagger from Divine Codes? Is it Lachesis's weapon? Asking cuz I am planning on +10ing Cath.

Dancer Ethlin's Courtly Fan and Rennac's Vicious Dagger (both weapons are identical except for their name and sprite). Ethlin is available from Divine Codes. Rennac is in the standard summoning pool.

The weapon has +5 Atk/Spd and the offensive half of Null Follow-Up on player phase. The offensive half of Null Follow-Up is obviously the main draw of the weapon due to the fact that it allows you to run Windsweep or Watersweep, but that in combination with being able to get a total of +5 Atk and +7 Spd after refine is what really makes the weapon amazing.

54 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Maybe if they run out of popular characters without non-themed alts, they'll circle back to characters like him eventually? Seems like it could go over better later on rather than feeling like they're jumping right to reusing the same characters.

I think any restrictions on Ascended eligibility will only last as long as IS feels like they can reasonably hold to them, including that one.

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

Maybe if they run out of popular characters without non-themed alts, they'll circle back to characters like him eventually? Seems like it could go over better later on rather than feeling like they're jumping right to reusing the same characters.

I think any restrictions on Ascended eligibility will only last as long as IS feels like they can reasonably hold to them, including that one.

Yeah, but we're only like four non-OCs characters deep into Ascended and Ishtar already throws a wrench into things. Lewyn was probably a better choice for a 2nd gen Ascended if they weren't relying solely on popular waifus.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, but we're only like four non-OCs characters deep into Ascended and Ishtar already throws a wrench into things. Lewyn was probably a better choice for a 2nd gen Ascended if they weren't relying solely on popular waifus.

I'd say they have Lewyn stored for legendary or mythic.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I missed the "When special triggers", oops. Then it's a Deadeye+Wrath effect. That means she'll be glued to low CD specials like Moonbow/Glimmer/RS or Luna if one runs Time's Pulse on her. 

Yeah. She is pretty much Magic Young Innes.

I guess if you dont use Turn 1 strats in AR-D, you could give her a different type of special since she gets guaranteed special charge on the first 3 turns. So the longer your opponent takes to start attacking, more charges she gets. So you could get Luna charged on Turn 2 without any help from others skills or allies.

So, remember how Salem, Gonzalez, Bertram, Sedgar, Aelfric, Pelleas, Arete...*list goes on for another ten years* didn't get a Prf weapon?

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/03099011000797-2/

That sure doesn't look like an inheritable tome. Also, bitch Hilda's (this is how I'll choose to differentiate her from the good Hilda) art for anyone that cares.

I see how it is, IS, giving the female Frieges all the good stuff even if said female Friege only married into the family and is a horrible, horrible person no one likes while fucking over Arthur

If Ishtore ever makes it into the game, he will probably have Raigh's stat line and an Owltome

Stats 'n stuff [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

8dzkg44at7u81.png

A!Ishtar
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Def

Scathach
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
Super Flaw(s): Spd, Def
*Odd Def Wave is the 4* unlock.

Arthur
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP

Tine
Super Asset(s): Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk

Hilda
Super Asset(s): Atk, Def, Res
Super Flaw(s): -

Kit is:
Fiery Bolganone: Grants Res+3. At start of turn, if unit is within 4 spaces of a foe, grants【Dominance】 to unit and inflicts Atk/Res-6 on nearest foes through their next actions. If unit initiates combat or is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Res+6 to unit during combat.
-
Glacies take a shot for each GHB unit that has this as their Special, except don't because that'll probably kill you
Atk/Res Ideal 3
-
Rouse Atk/Res 3 [4* unlock]

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

8dzkg44at7u81.png

A!Ishtar

Scathach

Arthur

Tine

Hilda

Kit is:
Fiery Bolganone: Grants Res+3. At start of turn, if unit is within 4 spaces of a foe, grants【Dominance】 to unit and inflicts Atk/Res-6 on nearest foes through their next actions. If unit initiates combat or is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Res+6 to unit during combat.
-
Glacies take a shot for each GHB unit that has this as their Special, except don't because that'll probably kill you
Atk/Res Ideal 3
-

In other words Hilda is the new updated Arvis

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Reveal hidden contents

8dzkg44at7u81.png

A!Ishtar

Scathach

Arthur

Tine

Hilda

Kit is:
-
Atk/Res Ideal 3
-

But of course odd def wave is the 4 star skill and the speed stat is super ackward. They really worked hard on making Scatach as unapealing as possible. Impressive

As for Hilda getting her prf. Well she is from the rare empress class and she's a fairly important boss. So it makes more sense for her to have one then your avarage GhB. I still would have given that prf to Arthur though. Along with a horse.

Sorry I just wanna mention the Forging Bonds accessories for this batch real fast:

• Tine: ribbons like the ones she wears
  • Ishtar: flowers (and a teddy bear) from the children she saved
  • Arthur: an accessory reminisce of his late mother
  • Scathach: bandaids.

...someone here got a little more screwed than the others...

It appears that someone on the dev team has a special hatred for Scathach while fapping to his sister and mother and cousins.

Hilda: Queen of Friege seems kind of fun on a debuffing team. She also probably wants Spd/Res Menace a lot from Arthur: Furious Mage. She is super slow though, so maybe Moonbow-Special Spiral can help further increase that damage to ensure she kills something. While Spd is not necessary, might as well stack as much Spd as possible too so she can double slow pokes more easily.

Tinny's, Arthur's, and Ishtar's stats are unsurprising.

Even if Arthur didn't get an exclusive weapon, he at least has the highest offensive stats of all infantry green tomes. Even with just Gronnfox+ [Spd], he's still on par with Asvel, Pent, Lugh, and Legendary Celica and flat-out beats Sety. I think only Legendary Byleth and Levn are flat out better than him. That said, I think this mostly just highlights the fact that there just aren't many good exclusive weapons among infantry green tomes.

Skasaher's stats are good for his role, but his role is garbage. His biggest problem is that his main competitor is Bride Oboro, who has +1/-1/+7/-1/-6 relative to him after Dragonflowers, which is literally the exact same as him except not slow (and she even has the exact same weapon).

Slow melee tanks really need some better options, namely for their B skill since they're forced to either give up their B slot for Quick Riposte or give up a stat-boosting skill to run Quick Riposte in the Sacred Seal slot. I think they should release something similar to Pastel Poleaxe's effect for infantry sword, lance, and axe (numbers adjustable, but you get the idea):

If unit's Def > foe's Def and foe initiates combat, neutralizes effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack, and reduces damage from foe's attacks by 20% of unit's Def (excluding area-of-effect Specials).

I think something like this would significantly help bulky melee infantry actually remain relevant, especially with more skills being released that ignore percentage damage reduction. That said, this wouldn't change the fact that Oboro is still better than him.

Hilda:

Spoiler

Okay, I'm legitimately surprised that they gave her such a good weapon.

Ideally, she should probably replace her C skill with Spd/Def Menace once the skill is released.

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

Hilda: Queen of Friege seems kind of fun on a debuffing team. She also probably wants Spd/Res Menace a lot from Arthur: Furious Mage. She is super slow though, so maybe Moonbow-Special Spiral can help further increase that damage to ensure she kills something. While Spd is not necessary, might as well stack as much Spd as possible too so she can double slow pokes more easily.

There's no point running Spd/Res Menace on her over the easier to get Atk/Spd Menace (or the strictly better Spd/Def Menace once it's released).

Spd/Res Menace overlaps with the debuffs on her weapon and grants less useful buffs, resulting in a total gain of +6/+12/+0/+6 relative to having no C skill with a maximum of +12/+12/+6/+6 with a +6 buff to all stats provided by allies.

In comparison, Atk/Spd Menace grants +12/+12/+0/+0 (maximum +12/+12/+6/+6), and Spd/Def Menace grants +12/+12/+6/+0 (maximum +18/+12/+6/+6).

EDIT: Looking through the datamine, the internal names of some of the characters amuse me.

Tinny, whose official name from previous publications is spelled "Teeny" now has the internal name "Tiny". This is actually kind of hilarious. ウケる~

Hilda, whose official name from previous publications is spelled "Hilda", manages to avoid having the same internal name as the other Hilda by having it now spelled "Gilda", presumably using the Spanish pronunciation of the name.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So, remember how Salem, Gonzalez, Bertram, Sedgar, Aelfric, Pelleas, Arete...*list goes on for another ten years* didn't get a Prf weapon?

https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/03099011000797-2/

That sure doesn't look like an inheritable tome. Also, bitch Hilda's (this is how I'll choose to differentiate her from the good Hilda) art for anyone that cares.

I have to note that their calling her Queen of Friege, which might seem obvious at an overview, but she's actually more often referred to as Hilda of Chronos in Genealogy, while also having Valtomer blood, leading me rather confused as to her actual origins. I thought maybe she was genuinely a Miletos queen in her own right that married into another (newly established) royal family.

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

But of course odd def wave is the 4 star skill and the speed stat is super ackward. They really worked hard on making Scatach as unapealing as possible. Impressive

As for Hilda getting her prf. Well she is from the rare empress class and she's a fairly important boss. So it makes more sense for her to have one then your avarage GhB. I still would have given that prf to Arthur though. Along with a horse.

Awww shit. Now I have something to be upset about on this banner. You're right, Arthur totally should have had a pony. Now he needs to join Azelle and Miranda in the "someone stole my horse" club.

Edited by Jotari