hopes for character designs? (no pun intended)

I don’t know if this counts as a hope for a character design, but I’d like to find out how Dimitri lost his eye. Seeing as how the game takes place during the war and he doesn’t have it, I feel like we could see it. If the game was set to be the “golden ending”, then I’d say the odds of him losing his eye in it are low, but we now know there at least three routes, so there’s probably a chance.

Other than that… Dedue’s facial hair is just sad, so I’m hoping someone has an absolutely full main of it just because.

2 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Marianne with her hair down. It's something that I see mentioned around various places. I guess she would still be a Bishop with slight variances.

that would definitely be nice to see

I’d like to see some variations to the church characters. Annoyed me that they didn’t get any in Three Houses.

Beyond that, I want Raphael to get a proper beard. He looks like the guy who’d have a sick ass beard. However, they better not do it dirty like Dedue’s. I don’t hate Dedue’s but it could be a lot better.

I hope they can give Marianne a nice new design while still keeping her hair up in something similar to post-TS style.

I'm actually very fond of that look (practical in battle and stylish), so it would be nice if they didn't change it too much, IMO.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, FailWood said:

Lysithea getting fat or at least chubby.  Not all women need to have super model bodies, and her sweet tooth is strong enough for weight gain to make sense.

Aw yeah, that’d be kinda cute! 

5 hours ago, FailWood said:

Lysithea getting fat or at least chubby.  Not all women need to have super model bodies, and her sweet tooth is strong enough for weight gain to make sense.

I think that works better for Manuella since she's a drunk while Lysithea being small fits the theme of her body being too weak to support her. 

43 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lysithea being small fits the theme of her body being too weak to support her.

I think that's more to do with her being an overachiever and not because of the issue with her body.  Besides, I don't think minor weight gain would hinder her in any noteworthy way.

43 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think that works better for Manuella since she's a drunk

Maybe?  I know alcohol can lead to premature hunger, but I think she's the type of drunk who gets so messed up that she'll pass out before thinking about getting food, then the hangover is too much for her to focus on food afterward either.  I base this on how she never seems hungry and her lack of affinity towards specific foods or food in general.

My expectations for new character designs have been incredibly low since I saw the Edelgard redesign, which I don't like at all. Why is she wearing less armour so she can show off some skin in battle? (I know the out of universe answer to this, so no need to tell me.) And why is she now sporting a heart motif for her outfit? It just doesn't fit her established character at all.

My hope is that it turns out that this Edelgard is an Agarthan impostor, and when the real Edelgard returns, she asks everyone else how they could possibly have believed such a poor imitation, and that everyone else is suitably embarrassed. My actually realistic hope is that they don't butcher too many more character designs in the name of fanservice. Please?

On 4/19/2022 at 5:32 AM, lenticular said:

And why is she now sporting a heart motif for her outfit? It just doesn't fit her established character at all.

Sorry to break it to you, but Edelgard already kinda had a heart motif, notice the details in her skirt ,both on the front and the back... and the heart shape that's been cut on her back. 

edel_ts.thumb.jpg.056334783b966ed58e73cc2761317250.jpg

On 4/18/2022 at 7:41 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

I want to see Linhardt with a long ponytail and soul patch. Make my sleepy boy a hipster.

this sounds terrifying ngl