I lost my permadeatg virginity.

RLR_FYE

I’m playing a Heart Seal run of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest and I played the Dwyer Paralogue and got lots of good level ups!… And then Arthur dies…

I had a choice to make. Save my admittedly very useful Arthur Cavalier or… just say screw it and let him lie.

I ultimately decided to let him push daisies.

Since Child Units are forbidden and Percy’s Paralogue doesn’t offer any decent rewards, my reasoning was that the minimum loss was in letting Arthur die.

Now Silas is back in the rotation! Here we go!

I would commend you for taking this very important step in your life, but why must it have been Arthrur? That might be the single most reset-worthy unit in Conquest.

I digress, however. If you're willing to let cavalier Arthur die, you'll surely be reaching ironman worthy status in no time. Whether you wish to actually attempt those one day is up to you, but congratulations on losing your permadeath virginity nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

You are dispicable. You can no longer call yourself a real FE player.

You have 2 hours to pack your bags.

I disagree, I believe that this instead is the mark of a true Emblemier coming of age.

(also, am I supposed to take advice from someone who can't even spell "despicable" correctly? You fool. You absolute coward. I will take your bones.)

Nice. Even after all my years of casually playing Fire Emblem, I tend to reset even though my brain knows all the logical reasons why losing a unit doesn't realistically make the rest of the game harder. Of course with modern fire emblem's Turnwheel mechanic, I'm never in a position where I have to make such a call.

1 hour ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Nice. Even after all my years of casually playing Fire Emblem, I tend to reset even though my brain knows all the logical reasons why losing a unit doesn't realistically make the rest of the game harder. Of course with modern fire emblem's Turnwheel mechanic, I'm never in a position where I have to make such a call.

I only started resetting because others said it was supposedly bad, and at some point I started feeling lazy for just letting characters die (even though I didn't care for them). Part of the grace of FE is that they don't come back, funny enough.

23 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

Percy’s Paralogue doesn’t offer any decent rewards

What about the $$$$$?

7 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

No one gets left behind, period.

Ditto. 

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

What about the $$$$$?

It is implied that I have access to the Ghostly Gold DLC in a Heart Seal Run for the cash to buy heart seals and extra gear.

A paralogue that offers Gold is therefore redundant.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:56 PM, ♠Soul♠ said:

I only started resetting because others said it was supposedly bad, and at some point I started feeling lazy for just letting characters die (even though I didn't care for them). Part of the grace of FE is that they don't come back, funny enough.

It makes your army feel more special, because whether you reset for them or not is in your hands. You chose if you want to continue on without them, or if they're too important to you.

19 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It makes your army feel more special, because whether you reset for them or not is in your hands. You chose if you want to continue on without them, or if they're too important to you.

It's also kind of part of the challenge, like I said, it makes me feel lazy to just let people die... and even NPCs, in the case of FE10 (the yellow ones sort of in your control). I let Aimee die the other day, but I wanted to get her alive partly because of the slight BEXP you get for it.

15 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It seems harder for most people to keep going after a unit dies, but that's another part of the brilliance. The real challenge comes from learning to let go, and being happier as a result.

Because of Arthur dying I was able to use Kaze who’s skill pool is simply bonkers for Nohr.

4 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

I was able to use Kaze who’s skill pool is simply bonkers for Nohr.

>Kaze
>Simply bonkers
Hear that sound? That's the chorus of laughter. In all seriousness, though, the only thing that's "simply bonkers" about Kaze is his speed. Aside from that though? He sucks.

19 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

>Kaze
>Simply bonkers
Hear that sound? That's the chorus of laughter. In all seriousness, though, the only thing that's "simply bonkers" about Kaze is his speed. Aside from that though? He sucks.

Poison Strike and Seal Strength give him a really strong player phase. Sure he’s not a tank but the Kodachi is a low competition weapon with my team (Camilla has Tomes and Laslow and Corrin have Hidden Weapons) he can debuff dangerous enemies from a distance  and debuffing Strength can be a great asset!

10 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

Poison Strike and Seal Strength give him a really strong player phase. Sure he’s not a tank but the Kodachi is a low competition weapon with my team (Camilla has Tomes and Laslow and Corrin have Hidden Weapons) he can debuff dangerous enemies from a distance  and debuffing Strength can be a great asset!

Honestly, I have yet to see a Kaze that was useful past the earlygame. High speed doesn't do you much good if you hit like a wet noodle. Just ask Niles.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, I have yet to see a Kaze that was useful past the earlygame. High speed doesn't do you much good if you hit like a wet noodle. Just ask Niles.

Even an RNG screwed Kaze can do SOMETHING. That’s entirely the point. Besides, if Elise as Wyvern Knoght can hurt things with a bronze axe, I think you can manage with Kaze’s Strength issues.

But even if Kaze does 0 damage. In a Heart Seal playthrouh he is arguably worse because of Dwordlock but he can still do damage on player phase via Poison Strine and then he can debuff using Seal Stength. That is as good as hidden weapons can do with the Strength Stat. 

As for Nile’s… he’s been a shockingly potent Dark Mage. 

7 hours ago, RLR_FYE said:

Even an RNG screwed Kaze can do SOMETHING. That’s entirely the point. Besides, if Elise as Wyvern Knoght can hurt things with a bronze axe, I think you can manage with Kaze’s Strength issues.

But even if Kaze does 0 damage. In a Heart Seal playthrouh he is arguably worse because of Dwordlock but he can still do damage on player phase via Poison Strine and then he can debuff using Seal Stength. That is as good as hidden weapons can do with the Strength Stat. 

As for Nile’s… he’s been a shockingly potent Dark Mage. 

I'm talking more in general, as he's stuck with weak weapons due to his classes. Heck, my Lunatic Birthright run had Kaze with only 8 strength at level 14 - a real lowlight for him, to be sure. Of course, I didn't have the patience - or tolerance - to try to salvage that unmitigated disaster, so I did the only logical thing to do - use him long enough to get his daughter, then bench him like the useless puppet he was. Poison Strike ain't enough to make up for doing piddle damage to just about everything, especially when debuffing can be done by Felicia. RE: Elise as Wyvern, there's a difference between being in a class with the strongest weapon type and being in a low strength class that uses the weakest weapon type. For example - a Steel Axe has 5 more might than a Steel Shuriken.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I think you're completely missing the point, Mir. Kaze isn't supposed to kill things, that's the whole point. Yes, he can, but he's more meant to set up kills for others. That's the entire gimmick of Ninjas to be honest.

26 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Poison Strike ain't enough to make up for doing piddle damage to just about everything, especially when debuffing can be done by Felicia.

Felicia has even less strength than Kaze does. Not sure what you think you're getting at here, unless Flame Shuriken strats are involved.

40 minutes ago, GlitchWarrior said:

I think you're completely missing the point, Mir. Kaze isn't supposed to kill things, that's the whole point. Yes, he can, but he's more meant to set up kills for others. That's the entire gimmick of Ninjas to be honest.

Felicia has even less strength than Kaze does. Not sure what you think you're getting at here, unless Flame Shuriken strats are involved.

"Setting up kills for others" doesn't excuse 8 fucking strength at level fucking 14. When you start with 7 strength at level 3. You might be generous enough to forgive that, but I am most definitely not.

Felicia has has other utility that doesn't involve combat, so I can more readily forgive her not being great at combat (that said, she can actually put the hurt on as a magic class or with a magic weapon).

59 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

"Setting up kills for others" doesn't excuse 8 fucking strength at level fucking 14. When you start with 7 strength at level 3. You might be generous enough to forgive that, but I am most definitely not.

Felicia has has other utility that doesn't involve combat, so I can more readily forgive her not being great at combat (that said, she can actually put the hurt on as a magic class or with a magic weapon).

It’s called RNG. His strength growth is low but it’s not THAT low.

My Niles was obscenely defense and Magic blessed and consequently, Nosferatu tanks very well but does that mean I’m heart sealing Niles in a regular playthrough because of this one experience? 

Statistically speaking very unlikely.

1 hour ago, RLR_FYE said:

It’s called RNG. His strength growth is low but it’s not THAT low.

My Niles was obscenely defense and Magic blessed and consequently, Nosferatu tanks very well but does that mean I’m heart sealing Niles in a regular playthrough because of this one experience? 

Statistically speaking very unlikely.

I know it's RNG, but still, we're talking about someone who I'm already very disinclined to use over the long term because they constantly disappoint. Needless to say, a failure on that scale isn't gonna help my opinion of Kaze at all.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

I know it's RNG, but still, we're talking about someone who I'm already very disinclined to use over the long term because they constantly disappoint. Needless to say, a failure on that scale isn't gonna help my opinion of Kaze at all.

I had a similar situation with Arthur and speed the one playthrough I used him to the end.

On Birthright, Kaze can go Cavalier which is invaluable and it gives him 10% more strength growth