Youngest characters?

yip9

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Well a lot of the Awakening cast aren't born when they become playable. Probably. Lucina is just the one we have some certainty of. But like, Cynthia and Morgan, they're births are almost certainly after the time frame of the game.

Well that is a technicality, The Lucina you get isn't the one born in your game. So if you count them as the same then you are correct if not then it's not really correct.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does he look like his twenties to you?

Bastian.jpgbastian_en.png

I always got the impression he looked older than that. I mean, I don't see a lot of people IRL, so maybe some guys could pull that off at such an age from the few I've seen opting for a vaguely "Shakespearean" look for lack of a better descriptor. But it seems sorta doubtful to me, or at least like it'd be a safer bet to assume older. Both he and Sephiran are described as political masterminds to some degree, but only one can I see as actually "young in the age parameters of politics". That, and maybe it has something to do with his Renning association, like I sorta expect a devoted retainer of that middle-aged man to be a little older.

42 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Honestly, yes? Or at least, there's no evidence he isn't. No signs of balding, no wrinkles, no greying hair, no weathering. What about his design makes you so confident he's 30+?

Plenty of political masterminds / tacticians are young, particularly in anime-inspired games. Bastian's no younger than Claude.

I admit I associate Bastian much more strongly with Lucia/Geoffrey than I do with Renning. And to me, Bastian feels like their compatriot, not some older guy looking down on them. I wouldn't peg him as more than five years older than them, and certainly not more than ten.

There's only one way to settle this. Well, no, there's a way to maybe provide a different perspective that I personally enjoy doing. So I present, Bastian if his parents made him shave and get a haircut.

ZCDTFcl.png

He looks young, but he also looks like a bit of an asshole. For what it's worth, I got the impression playing the game that he was a contemporary of Renning, though I played Radiant Dawn first.

Edited by Jotari

36 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Honestly, yes? Or at least, there's no evidence he isn't. No signs of balding, no wrinkles, no greying hair, no weathering. What about his design makes you so confident he's 30+?

Again, it's entirely possible I don't see enough IRL people. And or I play too many anime games wherein ages are a complete mess and I have little sense of what is feasible and what isn't. When in doubt, doubt myself.😅

An "air of suave maturity" maybe contributes? -But then Lucia and Geoffrey you could make your counterpoint. To which I would make the rebuttal "yes they are very polite, but their "maturity" isn't Bastian's "maturity"" -but then I'd realize that I cannot define what differentiates the maturities. I can't say I have a perfect understanding what of I think sometimes.😝

19 minutes ago, Jotari said:

ZCDTFcl.png

He looks young, but he also looks like a bit of an asshole.

Big Santa-styled beards I get, but I didn't quite realize that moderate facial hair is sufficient to change the general demeanor expressed in one's appearance. Thank you for this.😀

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Again, it's entirely possible I don't see enough IRL people. And or I play too many anime games wherein ages are a complete mess and I have little sense of what is feasible and what isn't. When in doubt, doubt myself.😅

An "air of suave maturity" maybe contributes? -But then Lucia and Geoffrey you could make your counterpoint. To which I would make the rebuttal "yes they are very polite, but their "maturity" isn't Bastian's "maturity"" -but then I'd realize that I cannot define what differentiates the maturities. I can't say I have a perfect understanding what of I think sometimes.😝

Big Santa-styled beards I get, but I didn't quite realize that moderate facial hair is sufficient to change the general demeanor expressed in one's appearance. Thank you for this.😀

I may have messed up his smile a bit getting rid of the stache, so bear that in mind, but the eyes are completely untouched and 100% him. Strange to think he was hiding such an arrogant judgmental expression under a soul patch and a few curls.

As for other characters looking different with facial hair removed, I present pompadour Deghensea

Spoiler

YK310eM.png

I liked him enough to stick him in my avatar, though it may be too small to see.