Who are Jugdral's Three Greater Gods?

Robert Stewart

I saw an iceberg meme recently about FE (which I won't be linking because some entries are NSFW), and one of the entries struck my attention.

The entry in question was "Jugdral's Three Greater Gods." For those who weren't aware beforehand, there's apparently a pantheon of gods outside of the Crusaders and Naga/Loptyr/Forseti which are worshiped in Jugdral. They don't come up often in game, though.

The two I'm aware of are:

• Yudu/Gran - mentioned in the designer notes for Fire Emblem Treasure. Apparently some kind of sky god.
  • Ethnia - Mentioned in Thracia Chapter 22's opening. Apparently an earth goddess, and significant enough to be the namesake for 2 off-screen characters (Linda and Miranda's mothers).

But I don't know the third. I'm assuming it's  some kind of ocean god based on the pattern of the first two, but I can't recall who it is or if they were mentioned anywhere in FE4 or 5. They don't seem to be in any designer notes or interviews, at least.

Edited by Robert Stewart

Clearly, it's Shanty Pete.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder where this claim of there being "three greatest" comes from, then. Since while Treasure does say Yudu/Gran is the highest of them all, Lief's mention of Ethnia doesn't say anything of her hierarchical position.

Maybe they're just inferring since we have a sky god and an earth goddess, so there must be a sea deity on that logic. Not unlike the Zeus+Hades+Poseidon trio and their domains in Greek Mythology.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm, interesting. I wonder where this claim of there being "three greatest" comes from, then. Since while Treasure does say Yudu/Gran is the highest of them all, Lief's mention of Ethnia doesn't say anything of her hierarchical position.

Maybe they're just inferring since we have a sky god and an earth goddess, so there must be a sea deity on that logic. Not unlike the Zeus+Hades+Poseidon trio and their domains in Greek Mythology.

From the translation of Treasure:

"In this world, those called heroes are frequently elevated to the level of lower class deities after their deaths; the high-ranking gods are eternal, the ones indicated by the primal religions as the world builders."

So someone like Ethnia would be a "higher" or "greater" god than someone like the crusader's, since they're a god of a primordial/fundamental force or element.

On either option is maybe they confused Yudu/Gran having alternate names with being two separate beings...but given the person who made the chart is pretty invested in Jugdral lore I doubt it.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Clearly, it's Shanty Pete.

He's only worshiped in Archanaea, so that can't be it.

1 minute ago, Robert Stewart said:

From the translation of Treasure:

"In this world, those called heroes are frequently elevated to the level of lower class deities after their deaths; the high-ranking gods are eternal, the ones indicated by the primal religions as the world builders."

So someone like Ethnia would be a "higher" or "greater" god than someone like the crusader's, since they're a god of a primordial/fundamental force or element.

On either option is maybe they confused Yudu/Gran having alternate names with being two separate beings...but given the person who made the chart is pretty invested in Jugdral lore I doubt it.

I meant more in the "why three", for that iceberg meme to bring up that specific number.

He's only worshiped in Archanaea, so that can't be it.

Same world, no?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ethnia is really the only one I can think of. And even then I thought she was some kind of river God. Maybe the iceberg was really referring to the trio of Lopt/Naga/Forseti, the three dragons that stick around I'm Jugdral in some form.