What type of DLC do you think this game will have?

DLC Expectations/Wants  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What character DLC you expect

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base game
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  2. 2. What character DLC do you want

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  3. 3. What kind of content dlc do you expect?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  4. 4. What kind of content dlc do you want?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  5. 5. Will there be new playable classes added in DLC?

• New classes
    • Returning classes from older FEs
    • Unused classes from 3H
    • None

Maybe dlc discussion is a bit premature, but I thought a general dlc discussion might be fun nonetheless.

Note - 

When I say Amiibo characters, I do not mean that the characters would be unlocked via Amiibo. I mean characters with existing and possibly new Amiibo, and owning/using those Amiibo would follow the same reward rules as OG FEW (guaranteeing a particular weapon type reward).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they could instead of adding a new house, distribute them to the other houses.

Hapi could go Blue Lions, Constance Black Eagles (Maybe that one blue unit is Constance as the sprite matches and since 3 hopes is using the same enemy models/portraits, none of the generic units sport blonde hair with bangs so it isn't likely a generic) and Balthus Golden Deer. Yuri I'm not sure but since BEs already has Monica and he doesnt strike me as an Alliance guy so I would go Blue Lions due to his ability to A support Dimitri.

I hope for new characters, maybe a Duscurian and Almyran girl simply because exotic brown women are my jam.

Really can't see other FE characters making it in. Better focus on 3H all thorough. 

Hope they give us the fanservice costumes that 3 Houses denied me. Like bikinis and short skirt maid outfits.

One possible option they might take which would be predictable and very cool, but also seriously risk pissing people off would be to add a Byleth route as DLC. Not even necessarily locking Byleth to dlc or making them unrecruitable in the main campaigns. Just a separate route showing what Byleth is doing in the events of the game.

I think Ashen Wolves may be relegated to DLC still. Hopefully they come with a new campaign but I also doubt it.

I also feel like if it is a case that some students or faculty members aren't available in the base game, they will be made DLC.

As for other characters, I think throwing in Rowan and Lianna (and maybe Darios if they like me) just as a throwback to the OG FEW like AoC had Link's outfit from HW.

As for other DLC, I expect costume DLC hopefully and some more side missions like AoC had.

I am expecting the Ashen Wolves, if they are added, to be DLC again. Then again, with how they seem to be altering things, they could be included in the base game. 

Faculty and/or knights that aren`t in the base game will probably also be added this way.

Aside from history mode maps, I definetly think they will add costumes, like their original timeskip outfits.

Not sure about classes.

As for what I would like to see, some more characters from regions like Duscur, Sreng and Dagda would be cool. Also agree with kratoscar2008 , exotic brown women are great.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

One possible option they might take which would be predictable and very cool, but also seriously risk pissing people off would be to add a Byleth route as DLC. Not even necessarily locking Byleth to dlc or making them unrecruitable in the main campaigns. Just a separate route showing what Byleth is doing in the events of the game.

I could see them adding a route from Byleth`s POV, even if it would be short.

1 hour ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Yuri I'm not sure but since BEs already has Monica and he doesnt strike me as an Alliance guy so I would go Blue Lions due to his ability to A support Dimitri.

Yuri can't support Dimitri from what I've found (he can support Byleth, Bernie, Dorothea, Ingrid, and the Ashen Wolves), but he was from the Kingdom and knows Ashe, so him being a part of the Blue Lions would make sense. 

Ashen Wolves are the biggest toss up to me. I can see them being in the base game, but I can also see them being DLC again. I just can't say one way or another. 

I'd love to see even more new characters though. There was some unused game data involving a commoner girl with Ferdinand's stats and crest, and I've always thought Ferdinand having an illegitimate sister would be both very in character for his father and very interesting ground to explore. (What does Fodlan do with its illegitimate children who bear Crests?) I'd also love a woman from Duscur, another man from Brigid, at least one character from Sreng and someone else from Almyra, although it seems we're good on that last part. Oh, and an Agarthan, assuming we can't recruit one in-game this time around. Once again, I posit the theory that we'll see the unused Cipher characters in Three Hopes. Poe is associated with Three Hopes, and Alice and Valjean fit in the world as a noble and her retainer as well. Niamh doesn't quite fit, but she'd make for a cool masked, mysterious character. Heck, make a fifth house with them, one that, unlike the others, isn't really sanctioned by the Church. Go ahead and make it something that maybe another country or whatnot started in direct opposition to the Church. Why not?

New stories would be cool, but new characters come first to me. HOWEVER, if there isn't a route where Edelgard and Rhea team up in-game, I'd definitely pay for that as DLC. 

As for returning characters and classes...I voted new classes, but I really meant "New to Fodlan" instead of new overall. Dread Fighter, Malig Knight, Shaman and Druid, things like those, not actually new classes. Although I wouldn't mind those either.

Amiibos being used to gain DLC characters could actually be a thing also. Most of the FE characters from the first game have Amiibos with the exceptions of Alm and Ike, as they weren't in FEW for some silly reason; KT also worked on the first FEW game, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they simply reuse the assets in order for the DLC to be both interesting and profitable. The real questions are about the characters themselves though. Would KT and IntSys say that the crossover is like the first game, where characters from different worlds are pulled into this one? Or would these characters be incarnations of their Amiibos? Could they be characters with the same name and similar histories, but fit for Fodlan instead of their own time and place? (I'd also like some time-skip designs, please and thank you!) If either version is the case, would we get supports like the Ashen Wolves, or would we be left support-less AGAIN, like in Fates and Anna in Three Houses? And would this DLC be available without the Amiibos? Fates' DLC was and I certainly hope this would be too, but that would limit cross-promotion IMO, something that I'm sure Nintendo would enjoy. 

All of that above is pure speculation though. The three FE games that have used Amiibos have done so with diminishing returns - Fates had characters, classes, and minor weapons introduced, but only for four characters (Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin); Echoes used all Amiibos, but as "phantoms" that could be summoned and used for one turn, with each Amiibo being used once per battle; and Three Houses gave players an extra DLC area and item, whlie each FE Amiibo gave players a song from that respective game. So, as much as I'd love for at least the FE Amiibos to offer their characters as Fodlan-incarnations of themselves, with full romances and support conversations, I'm not going to hold my breath. 

But all of those are what I want. What I expect is: 

All returning characters, if they're not included in the base game. (Smaller support list this time around too)

3-4 new characters with their own side-story and/or paralogues, and a small support list. 

2-3 DLC classes

1-2 new storylines 

Easier grinding materials and/or access

Maybe some fanservice stuff. Maybe not. 

18 hours ago, kratoscar2008 said:

... Constance Black Eagles (Maybe that one blue unit is Constance as the sprite matches and since 3 hopes is using the same enemy models/portraits, none of the generic units sport blonde hair with bangs so it isn't likely a generic)...

On 4/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, tipperthescales said:

Actually a good thought, but I actually think it's a generic female Monk head (see circled):

Reveal hidden contents

generic.thumb.jpg.97ce3060dd1107429cf60d9a1f2a2d88.jpg

I think you'd see either Constance's hairband or her voluminous hair behind her head if it were her.

===

Characters wise

- depending on how base game plays out, I'd probably expect some of each faction's broader scope characters as DLC if they aren't already playable on each factional route.

- Wolves are still a toss up but if they're not in base, DLC or riot.

- Not all that hopeful for characters outside of Fodlan and its surrounding countries.

===

Content wise:

- I'm still of the belief that similar to the conceit of Three Houses itself with its fourth route (possibly alluded to by each of the Japanese title's kanji of 風花雪月 representing a different route) that there's some additional route or story in base game, whether that be Byleth/Church focused or something else.

- Having said that, a route DLC that explores another faction (or perhaps another alternate continuity) and provides a series of maps with it would always be welcomed. (Probably not to the same extent as the Hypothetical Routes of some of the more recent DW games)

- History map equivalents may appear as Relic / Sacred Weapon focused mission sequences and/or Auxiliary Battles in territories beyond Fodlan's borders.

- The usual fare of new skills / attributes / weapon level limits obviously would still apply here.

- 3H War Phase costumes if they aren't already in base.

- Alternate costumes for those Church aligned units that don't have a change (and if they're playable).

===

Class wise:

- What classes are unused in 3H (unless this means for NPC only classes)?

- Honestly not sure what classes in particular, but generally in agreement with the broad-strokes selection of unique weapon + movement combinations from other games that don't exist in Fodlan -  though I think the strongest candidates are Malig Knight (though noting that Dark Flier already has the melee + magic flying niche), FE13 Dread Fighter, and maybe Bride?

I'd say the strongest dlc class candidates are: 

Halberdier

Malig Knight

Berserker

Witch (though Gremory might be seen as its replacement). Would prefer Druid.

Ballistician (albeit it would probably be less of a ballista and more of a huge mini-gun sized crossbow).

Griffon Rider

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I feel like we are gonna get all students as base game, as well as some other important or fan favourite characters, and then I can imagine them doing waves of different characters, both returning and new. For Example, it could go like this:

Wave 1: Church of Seiros: Manuela, Hanneman, Cyril, Seteth.

Wave 2: Ashen Wolves.

Wave 3: Miscellaneous NPCs: Holst, Ladiaslava, etc.

Wave 4: Agarthans: Thales, Cornelia, new ocs

That’s just an example of a potential way they could do it, not what I actually think will happen.

For content however, I would honestly love an Ashen Wolves route. I would love to add 4 more characters to the ashen wolves, to make them a proper house. Maybe if the 4 ashen wolves are in the base game, the dlc could add 4 more and make a full route. I’d imagine this route to focus less on the politics of the war, and more on helping the common people affected by war.

As for who the new characters could be, I’d like a Sreng character, perhaps a female so we can have a support where Sylvain is flirting with her. I’d like to see an Albinean, perhaps based off of Inuit culture. A mage from Morfis could be cool, and then I don’t really know for the last character. Another Dagdan perhaps?

I don’t see that as likely however, and definitely expect any additional content to be side missions for new characters and just more general missions like in AOC. 

27 minutes ago, TheCraigadile said:

then I don’t really know for the last character. Another Dagdan perhaps?

There was some unused data that was speculated to be Ferdinand's sister that data miners found. It was a female commoner with Ferdinand's Crest and stats. That could be a character they could create and flesh out. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:12 AM, kratoscar2008 said:

Maybe they could instead of adding a new house, distribute them to the other houses.

Hapi could go Blue Lions, Constance Black Eagles (Maybe that one blue unit is Constance as the sprite matches and since 3 hopes is using the same enemy models/portraits, none of the generic units sport blonde hair with bangs so it isn't likely a generic) and Balthus Golden Deer. Yuri I'm not sure but since BEs already has Monica and he doesnt strike me as an Alliance guy so I would go Blue Lions due to his ability to A support Dimitri.

I hope for new characters, maybe a Duscurian and Almyran girl simply because exotic brown women are my jam.

Really can't see other FE characters making it in. Better focus on 3H all thorough. 

Hope they give us the fanservice costumes that 3 Houses denied me. Like bikinis and short skirt maid outfits.

Not a chance. The Ashen Wolves' big identity is being the Ashen Wolves. I don't want them if they get needlessly scattered across the houses, I loved the idea of them being a team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 2:37 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Yuri can't support Dimitri from what I've found (he can support Byleth, Bernie, Dorothea, Ingrid, and the Ashen Wolves), but he was from the Kingdom and knows Ashe, so him being a part of the Blue Lions would make sense. 

Oh yeah, don't know where I got that but I saw him say he was a Blue Lion when the Battle of Eagle and Lion took place the previous year.

On 5/3/2022 at 7:16 PM, Seazas said:

Not a chance. The Ashen Wolves' big identity is being the Ashen Wolves. I don't want them if they get needlessly scattered across the houses, I loved the idea of them being a team.

Yeah they are cool but I have never recruited them as a team so to me they work well individually. 

On 4/29/2022 at 7:39 AM, tipperthescales said:

===

That's strange. Literally on my 5th playthrough and I don't think I have ever seen that sprite.

Sucks then.

I don't think they'll ever work individually. Within Cindered Shadows and in Three Houses, we meet them being all bundled up together. They aren't a package deal in recruitment, sure, but I don't think it'll matter as it's very unlikely that Three Hopes is bringing the recruitment system back. Shez is no Byleth and recruiting centered around Professor status. That just leaves the Ashen Wolves as a concept and it'd be a letdown if that gets erased.

Edited by Seazas

2 hours ago, kratoscar2008 said:

I mean I don't see how they add them as a group without crowding your roster. Maybe if the plot decides to team all houses but between paths themselves? I don't see it but could happen I guess.

Ashen Wolves are likely going to be DLC. If so, they won't matter in the storymode and will exist when everyone is already unified in postgame stuff.

The more characters that are confirmed means the higher likelihood of having more original or interesting DLC character options. I still think my above previous prediction was the most sensible and accurate between this post and that one; but at this moment, I'd love for some crossover characters. From easiest and most likely to hardest and least likely:

Ashen Wolves - If they aren't in the base game, which I can see going either way honestly. 

Previous NPCs - They should be playable, and it'd be easy to make them such, I assume, snice the assets are there. 

New DLC OCs - This is actually a cheat since I think this would be harder than some of the choices below, but I think it's one of the most likely things that will be done, if not the most likely thing. 

Current New NPCs - The assets and possibly data is there, but I can see Intsys and KT focusing on new characters or making older ones playable. 

Rowan & Lianna - I honestly think including them in the base game wouldn't be as difficult or terrible as some people think. I know that the game sold over a million copies by 2018 over two systems, but I'm not sure how popular the game really is. Rowan and Lianna aren't represented or even given the option to be voted for in Heroes, and FEW isn't often recommended to new fans, so their characters may be pretty unknown to the general populous. Putting them in Three Hopes, even as DLC, may be a cool way to encourage newcomers to buy their game, alongside the bonuses given. Rowan and Lianna would probably barely make a scratch in the surface of playable characters in Three Hopes, so I don't think it'd be as obtrusive as people think. (They'd make up roughly 6% with the confirmed houses, Shez, and Monica. This goes down to 5% with the Church characters, Anna, and Byleth, and 4% with the Ashen Wolves. Add in a few more playable characters, and they're honestly missable.) 

Other FEW characters - Mainly Lucina, Azura, Robin, and Corrin here, but I think those four and maybe one or two others would make good fun appearances here, either as pure crossovers or in-world Incarnations. These are popular characters, so giving them more people to interact with, more costumes and outfits to see them in and for Heroes to milk, and more time in the spotlight would certainly be appealing to their fans. Besides, the assets are already there for the most part. Just give them some revamped art, contact and schedule the voice actor, and port over the assets with some modifications, and you've got some easily producible DLC. As for whether one should choose between pure crossover transplant or Incarnations, I'd be fine with either. (There may be some conflict between Azura and Marianne since they share some surface similarities and emotional baggage, but I think that could be used to explore what's different between the two and how they may bond. Lucina could also bond with Lysithea. Lucina's seen more than her fair share of hopeless fights and scenarios - I can see her encouraging Lysithea to challenge her fate and change her own destiny, not just stand around and accept it.) 

Other FE characters - I'm less sold on this, but I do think there are ways and changes that could be made to the characters to make it feel natural to the world. 

Cipher Characters - These are something of a cheat too, since I personally think they're more likely than assumed. Like Rowan & Lianna, they're a nice fun way to sneak in a crossover that doesn't immediately draw the ire of non-crossover fans. Even if it's just Poe, Valjean, Niamh, and Alice, you've got slight variation with two magic users (give one regular magic and one dark magic if desired), a sword unite, and an armored knight. 

7 hours ago, kratoscar2008 said:

I would rather them be part of the story.

That ship has sailed at this point. Even if they're base game, they would've been featured in the numerous cases of footage at this point if they were plot relevant. It's how we saw Monica and Holst.

Edited by Seazas

2 minutes ago, Seazas said:

That ship has sailed at this point. Even if they're base game, they would've been featured in the numerous cases of footage at this point if they were plot relevant. It's how we saw Monica and Holst.

They don't have to be prominent. Like you can use Yuri as an spy from the church who can feed you info. Hapi has her background tied to Cornelia which could be used in the chapter you face her. Have Constance and her connection with that Lord from her paralogue or she being a magic researcher that can help. Balthus can be Holst's partner/lackey.

Something simple really, no need to put them in the spotlight. We have yet to see Church Members so I wouldn't give up hope.

1 minute ago, kratoscar2008 said:

They don't have to be prominent. Like you can use Yuri as an spy from the church who can feed you info. Hapi has her background tied to Cornelia which could be used in the chapter you face her. Have Constance and her connection with that Lord from her paralogue or she being a magic researcher that can help. Balthus can be Holst's partner/lackey.

Something simple really, no need to put them in the spotlight. We have yet to see Church Members so I wouldn't give up hope.

I don't see it. If Ashen Wolves aren't prominent then I don't get the point of having them apart of the story. It just tanks the quality of the story as they're clearly not meant to be apart of the plot if they aren't prominent in any way. They stick out like a sore thumb and one of the easiest implementations (them being apart of the other three houses) are gone. We could have the details you suggest in a DLC campaign. FEW had history maps.

24 minutes ago, Seazas said:

I don't see it. If Ashen Wolves aren't prominent then I don't get the point of having them apart of the story. It just tanks the quality of the story as they're clearly not meant to be apart of the plot if they aren't prominent in any way. They stick out like a sore thumb and one of the easiest implementations (them being apart of the other three houses) are gone. We could have the details you suggest in a DLC campaign. FEW had history maps.

I mean with all the changes they have made for this timeline I don't see the issue with them being added to the story.