What type of DLC do you think this game will have?

DLC Expectations/Wants  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What character DLC you expect

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base game
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  2. 2. What character DLC do you want

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  3. 3. What kind of content dlc do you expect?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  4. 4. What kind of content dlc do you want?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  5. 5. Will there be new playable classes added in DLC?

• New classes
    • Returning classes from older FEs
    • Unused classes from 3H
    • None

5 hours ago, ciphertul said:

So do we think that the blanked out option under spend renown will be like it was in Houses? If so do you think they might add the semi-obligatory exp/renown grinding missions with dlc?

If said missions are regular Warriors maps with randomizers on, yes please.

If they're just kill x enemies arenas, no thanks.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest wish would be anything akin to History mode from the first Fire Emblem Warriors. They have the map of Fodlan readily available, so to just adding a bunch of challenges / missions we can tackle at our own leisure would be perfect to prolong the endgame content.

Also hoping for additional story-related DLC and characters. I haven't read anything about the data mines, but knowing how Koei Tecmo works, I have a feeling not all the characters shown in the game are available at launch. They'll probably be reserved as DLC packs with additional story missions relating to them.

New costumes would be a nice addition, along with new hairstyles for the cast. I'm not sure if the original post-timeskip outfits are available in the game, but if not, they have to release them as DLC eventually. Oh, and obviously any other Classes that didn't make it into the base game. 

Lastly, and this probably won't happen but wishful thinking, it'd be fun to play as the other characters from the first Warriors game in this one. Teaming up the likes of the Awakening / Fates and Shadow Dragon cast with the Fodlan crew would blow my mind just at the sight of it happening, regardless of how non-sensical it would be.

42 minutes ago, Azurixx said:

My biggest wish would be anything akin to History mode from the first Fire Emblem Warriors. They have the map of Fodlan readily available, so to just adding a bunch of challenges / missions we can tackle at our own leisure would be perfect to prolong the endgame content.

Also hoping for additional story-related DLC and characters. I haven't read anything about the data mines, but knowing how Koei Tecmo works, I have a feeling not all the characters shown in the game are available at launch. They'll probably be reserved as DLC packs with additional story missions relating to them.

New costumes would be a nice addition, along with new hairstyles for the cast. I'm not sure if the original post-timeskip outfits are available in the game, but if not, they have to release them as DLC eventually. Oh, and obviously any other Classes that didn't make it into the base game. 

Lastly, and this probably won't happen but wishful thinking, it'd be fun to play as the other characters from the first Warriors game in this one. Teaming up the likes of the Awakening / Fates and Shadow Dragon cast with the Fodlan crew would blow my mind just at the sight of it happening, regardless of how non-sensical it would be.

That would be the dream! It could be an 8-month rollout as well, although a 12-month rollout is acceptable as well. (The placement of a new mainline FE game should be taken to account if it was to be released this year, but it's nothing major.)

June - Game releases. (A June/Summer Direct can introduce the DLC packs in the "don't forget about this game!" trailer that will most likely happen.)

August - History Mode or something similar added, as you note, assuming it's not in the base game. (If it is, then we skip this one)

September - A Direct that introduces new DLC stories and characters for the game. 

October - The DLC story and character expansion releases. 

December - New costumes (great to use if promoting a new game as well, by having character skins of the new protagonists instead of introducing all of the new characters.)

February - Final DLC that introduces several or all of the FEW characters into Three Hopes. Give us a silly crossover campaign, some new supports, a few costumes (because if we don't see the warriors characters in Garrag Mach uniforms, we riot; and what was the point of the Plegian costumes in Heroes if we don't see an alt of Dorothea in her Plegian dancer garb?), and call it a day. This can be introduced in January on its own or in February as part of a potential Direct with an "available now!" at the end.

47 minutes ago, Azurixx said:

Tharja and Marianne would be a fun support, with the gloomy black-dressed dark mage supporting the troubled but light-blue dressed priest. (She's more or less console Marianne about her fear of her Crest, not unlike what she did with Azura.) Lysithea would be taken under her wing and she'd be a big sister to her (much to Lysithea's annoyance but appreciation.) Tharja would also have a fun support with Dorothea, because Tharja seemingly befriends dancers. 

Claude and Lyn of course would have a lot to talk about, as would Dimitri and Xander. (Xander would be disturbed at what happened to Dimitri in the past and what he did in the Demo, while Dimitri would understand Xander's hesitance in his own situation but urge him to do what was best for the country when he returned.) Leo would get along with Annette...far too well, probably. 

Ryoma would be Glen 2.0 to Felix, much to his annoyance and relief, because now he has someone he can talk to and spar with. 

...and I should probably stop because I have other things to do today...

12 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

With the data mine of preferred advance and master classes out, it solidifies my hope we get more classes via DLC.

Indeed. I'm planning a DLC classes request thread post release when we have the full picture. For now my wants are:

Hero -> Griffon Rider (from Mercenary)

Berserker (from Warrior)

War Monk (from Grappler)

Sage (from Warlock)

Paragon (from Bishop)

Halberdier -> Sentinel (from Soldier)

25 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Indeed. I'm planning a DLC classes request thread post release when we have the full picture. For now my wants are:

Hero -> Griffon Rider (from Mercenary)

Berserker (from Warrior)

War Monk (from Grappler)

Sage (from Warlock)

Paragon (from Bishop)

Halberdier -> Sentinel (from Soldier)

I agree with most of this but I would rather it be 

Hero to Vanguard 

Griffon Rider to Griffon Master/Knight

Saint from Bishop.

The rest are good though.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I agree with most of this but I would rather it be 

Hero to Vanguard 

Griffon Rider to Griffon Master/Knight

Saint from Bishop.

The rest are good though.

Spoiler

Saint is Rhea's unique class. If it wasn't, I'd have listed it. I had to come up with something as such.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:
  Hide contents

Saint is Rhea's unique class. If it wasn't, I'd have listed it. I had to come up with something as such.

True… you could use Exemplar from Echoes and not have it be gender locked.

2 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Imagine if they remove gender locks but lock it behind paid dlc

The Fodlan Equality Pack. Remove the glass ceiling for only $9.99 or buy the Season Pass!*

*Does not apply to Pegasus Knights. Rules and restrictions may apply.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The Fodlan Equality Pack. Remove the glass ceiling for only $9.99 or buy the Season Pass!*

*Does not apply to Pegasus Knights. Rules and restrictions may apply.

*Or Gremory.
So now you can make Hapi and Lysithea a Dark Bishop!

27 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'd be pretty mad if the paid DLC was just removing gender locks or adding promotions that should have been in from the start. That's shit that should be a free update at most.

Unique classes are a fair sell. Other Warriors games did it where they sold you plenty of unique new movesets for a low cost. 

9 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Unique classes are a fair sell. Other Warriors games did it where they sold you plenty of unique new movesets for a low cost. 

Yeah, wholly new movesets would be fair as paid DLC.

Just some thoughts of potential DLC characters and classes. \

NOTE: This is under the assumption that no class like this or character like this will show up as playable in the base game. 

Scarlet Blaze - Ferdinand's half sister, as there was some unused data for a Commoner with Ferdinand's Crest and stat spread in Three Houses. In my head, the class introduced would be a new version of Basara, so a magic-wielding lance-user. 

Azure Gleam - A Duscur General. (Preferably a woman, but I'll take a man.) Make this character something like an Oni Chieftan (aka a magic-wielding axe-user). 

Azure Gleam - A child of Rufus. Rufus is a known womanizer, so I can see a kid coming out of the woodwork. (I think this is highly possible for Azure Gleam already though. But as a counterpoint, the King of Almyra may have that "womanizing father with children fighting for love and inheritance" down for this game.) This kid would be a Gold Knight.* 

Azure Gleam - Gwendal's daughter. I just want to see a spurned lover of Sylvain's, in all honesty. She can introduce the Dark Flier or Seraph Knight class (aka the Lance-wielding flying magic-user) if it's not in the base game. If it is, she can introduce the Griffon Rider class as a sword-wielding flying class. But if she's introduced, maybe we can get Gwendal reintroduced alongside Count Rowe, someone who has a connection with Yuri. (If she introduces Dark Flier, then a child of Rufus can have the Griffon Rider class while the Gold Knight goes to a separate character probably on Scarlet Blaze.)

Verdant Wildfire - Another child of the King of Almyra who is more open to helping out the people of Fodlan. ALTERNATIVELY, Nader has a daughter, so maybe we can just meet her? Either way, the class introduced would be Malig Knight. Or both. Both is good. 

Verdant Wildfire - The Demon Queen of Almyra as a Vanguard or Warrior. Because why not?

Agarthans - Nothing of note here, but if Thales and Kronya are playable/recruitable due to DLC, I'll laugh my head off. (I DO think that, depending on how the game goes, I could see them teaming up with Edelgard but on her terms...then again, maybe not.)

A Potential Byleth Route?- Macuil and Indech. It'd be fun to see them as beast units, or just as regular units who are amazing. (Or maybe terrible but fun for lore purposes?)

*I legitimately don't know how they'd function though, since I think I heard that Great Knight is in the game, and I'm assuming that will be an axe-wielding class, and Paladin/Dark Knight/Holy Knight have the lance-wielding class down. Bow Knight has the bow-wielding class down...maybe Gold Knight is a bulky sword-wielding armored cav class that can use axe Combat Arts? 

18 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Just some thoughts of potential DLC characters and classes. \

NOTE: This is under the assumption that no class like this or character like this will show up as playable in the base game. 

Scarlet Blaze - Ferdinand's half sister, as there was some unused data for a Commoner with Ferdinand's Crest and stat spread in Three Houses. In my head, the class introduced would be a new version of Basara, so a magic-wielding lance-user. 

Azure Gleam - A Duscur General. (Preferably a woman, but I'll take a man.) Make this character something like an Oni Chieftan (aka a magic-wielding axe-user). 

Azure Gleam - A child of Rufus. Rufus is a known womanizer, so I can see a kid coming out of the woodwork. (I think this is highly possible for Azure Gleam already though. But as a counterpoint, the King of Almyra may have that "womanizing father with children fighting for love and inheritance" down for this game.) This kid would be a Gold Knight.* 

Azure Gleam - Gwendal's daughter. I just want to see a spurned lover of Sylvain's, in all honesty. She can introduce the Dark Flier or Seraph Knight class (aka the Lance-wielding flying magic-user) if it's not in the base game. If it is, she can introduce the Griffon Rider class as a sword-wielding flying class. But if she's introduced, maybe we can get Gwendal reintroduced alongside Count Rowe, someone who has a connection with Yuri. (If she introduces Dark Flier, then a child of Rufus can have the Griffon Rider class while the Gold Knight goes to a separate character probably on Scarlet Blaze.)

Verdant Wildfire - Another child of the King of Almyra who is more open to helping out the people of Fodlan. ALTERNATIVELY, Nader has a daughter, so maybe we can just meet her? Either way, the class introduced would be Malig Knight. Or both. Both is good. 

Verdant Wildfire - The Demon Queen of Almyra as a Vanguard or Warrior. Because why not?

Agarthans - Nothing of note here, but if Thales and Kronya are playable/recruitable due to DLC, I'll laugh my head off. (I DO think that, depending on how the game goes, I could see them teaming up with Edelgard but on her terms...then again, maybe not.)

A Potential Byleth Route?- Macuil and Indech. It'd be fun to see them as beast units, or just as regular units who are amazing. (Or maybe terrible but fun for lore purposes?)

*I legitimately don't know how they'd function though, since I think I heard that Great Knight is in the game, and I'm assuming that will be an axe-wielding class, and Paladin/Dark Knight/Holy Knight have the lance-wielding class down. Bow Knight has the bow-wielding class down...maybe Gold Knight is a bulky sword-wielding armored cav class that can use axe Combat Arts? 

So, the only mounted movesets we're missing are sword and pure tome.

The only flying movesets we're missing are sword and tome.

We're missing magical classes for axe, bow, gauntlet, and MAYBE sword depending on how Trickster and Mortal Savant function.

55 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So, the only mounted movesets we're missing are sword and pure tome.

I figured Gold Knight could count for that, even if it's more of a hybrid class in my head. Valkyrie can always be reintroduced. Maybe that's where Poe could fit in?

55 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The only flying movesets we're missing are sword and tome.

Griffon Rider for sword, so it can balance out the Pegasus Knight's lances and the Wyvern Rider's axes. For tome, it would depend on how Dark Flier functions, honestly. Or a new class can be introduced. I'm not that picky. 

56 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

We're missing magical classes for axe, bow, gauntlet, and MAYBE sword depending on how Trickster and Mortal Savant function.

Yup. Magical Axe could be covered by Oni Chieftan, or a new equivalent. Bow and gauntlet I have no idea, outside of reworking Adventurer (which is basically Trickster) and War Monk. I don't know how to treat Trickster in-game; also, right now I'm not looking at any class leaks and assuming that Mortal Savant is a sword/magic class. 

I just want to say that I'm down for the griffons to return 😛 literally the reason I like BL.

I'm guessing Dark Flier, War Monk, and Tome Horsey will all be DLC. I think a lot of those proposed characters will be good, as will as the twisted.

The idea of giant playable beasts sounds funny, and I'd love supports between them and the other characters so now I really want this to happen. 

Since we're character crafting, here's a few ideas.

Griffon Rider/Griffon Lord (flying sword) - definitely agree with a bastard male heir to Rufus. Give them a complicated rivalry with Dimitri that blooms into mutual respect.

Shaman/Druid (magical axe) - I dislike the Oni Chieftain aesthetic and feel like a Druid would fit Duscur better. I agree with this character being female, but no gender locks. Plenty of tatoos - white and red on a blue or green cloak. Sees the respect with which Dimitri treats Dedue, and allies with him. Not as a vassal, but rather an envoy.

Nomad/Raider (cavalry sword) - An Almyran female soldier who learns of Claude's dream while becoming disillusioned with the fruitless invasions. Joins his side as a retainer.

Lancer/Dragoon (infantry magical spear) - A male Agarthan convert jaded by the methods of his peers, but still firmly against the Church. Allies with Edelgard.

Rogue/Adventurer (infantry magical bow) - A new member of the Ashen Wolves, recruitable on all routes.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Do you think we'll be finding out about the dlc concurrently/shortly or months later?

I have a few guesses or thoughts, but my two main ones are part of a Direct "don't forget this game is now out!" trailer that quickly announces a DLC before dovetailing into a potential mainline game announcement, and or with an accolades trailer, so Nintendo can advertise the game again and make an announcement. 

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Since we're character crafting, here's a few ideas.

Griffon Rider/Griffon Lord (flying sword) - definitely agree with a bastard male heir to Rufus. Give them a complicated rivalry with Dimitri that blooms into mutual respect.

Shaman/Druid (magical axe) - I dislike the Oni Chieftain aesthetic and feel like a Druid would fit Duscur better. I agree with this character being female, but no gender locks. Plenty of tatoos - white and red on a blue or green cloak. Sees the respect with which Dimitri treats Dedue, and allies with him. Not as a vassal, but rather an envoy.

Nomad/Raider (cavalry sword) - An Almyran female soldier who learns of Claude's dream while becoming disillusioned with the fruitless invasions. Joins his side as a retainer.

Lancer/Dragoon (infantry magical spear) - A male Agarthan convert jaded by the methods of his peers, but still firmly against the Church. Allies with Edelgard.

Rogue/Adventurer (infantry magical bow) - A new member of the Ashen Wolves, recruitable on all routes.

I like these! The only thing I'd add (back in from mine) would be Malig Knight, assuming it's not in the base game. I sort of want to wager a guess that since you left it out, it is in the base game, but I'm taking no chances! Yeah, the Oni Chieftan comparison was for a reference point. The class would definitely have to have a different name and vibe going on in-game. Shaman/Druid actually works really well, although part of me is tempted to make that Dark Magic because of my love of the class line in the GBA games. But that's an aside. 

Three Houses' list of classes would be pretty comprehensive if it weren't for the gender-locking and the exclusion of 3/4ths of the DLC classes, but it would be nice to have a sword cavalry or flying class, an additional bow infantry class (Outlaw), and maybe something pretty unconventional like an armored tome class (Baron).

Flying tome and additional gauntlet class would be covered by Dark Flier and War Monk/Cleric, but those are absent.

I'd really like some mission types/settings that would help with replay.

Randomizers for side missions after you play them once. Randomizes the enemy composition and named enemies at a minimum, the side quests in that mission, and potentially even the stage.

Alert missions that become temporarily available after clearing a mission, like the blood moon battles in AoC.

Ashen Wolves could have been story-relevant, there was a datamine recently that held data suggesting a possible fourth route called "Dark Dawning" was in the game files but as the release drew closer it became more likely that it was a route merge towards the end present no matter which path you choose. Possibly having to do something about Arval, I'd guess. Ashen Wolves and/or Agarthan route was something I'd have been interested in, but 'twould seem there's nothing for it.