What type of DLC do you think this game will have?

DLC Expectations/Wants  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What character DLC you expect

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base game
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  2. 2. What character DLC do you want

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  3. 3. What kind of content dlc do you expect?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  4. 4. What kind of content dlc do you want?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  5. 5. Will there be new playable classes added in DLC?

• New classes
    • Returning classes from older FEs
    • Unused classes from 3H
    • None

43 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its not terribly exiting but a DLC of Alfonse, Sharena, Veronica and Loki could be done very easily. Because hopping between world is kind of their day job they presence would be less immersion breaking than other lords might be.

I'd still put the Twins over them for less immersion-breaking as a whole due to Heroes being infinitely more popular than FEW*, but I wouldn't say no to the Heroes heroes coming over! Still, don't both Heroes and Warriors (not that I think about it) actually work opposite to what you say? Askr can summon heroes, but they don't necessarily travel to any hero's realm. I feel like it's the Cipher characters who travel to other worlds. Eh, it'd be a crossover, who cares?

Either way, crossovers are almost always a win in my books, and DLC gives crossovers a chance to happen without taking away from the main story. 

*FEW sold 1 million copies by 2018 whereas FEH had over 14 million players and/or downloads by 2018. 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'd still put the Twins over them for less immersion-breaking as a whole due to Heroes being infinitely more popular than FEW*, but I wouldn't say no to the Heroes heroes coming over! Still, don't both Heroes and Warriors (not that I think about it) actually work opposite to what you say? Askr can summon heroes, but they don't necessarily travel to any hero's realm. I feel like it's the Cipher characters who travel to other worlds. Eh, it'd be a crossover, who cares?

Either way, crossovers are almost always a win in my books, and DLC gives crossovers a chance to happen without taking away from the main story. 

*FEW sold 1 million copies by 2018 whereas FEH had over 14 million players and/or downloads by 2018. 

They directly travel through realms in the story. They have, in fact, appeared in the heroes' worlds unlike the twins who just stayed in their own.

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I am hoping for a full Ashen Wolves dlc route. And if the Church isn't playable base game, said dlc could add them to all routes in the same way that the dlc's for 3H added in Jeritza and Anna.

I feel like Ashen Wolves won’t get a full route, but something more akin to Cindered Shadows. I’d love to be wrong tho, and I also would love to have a full route since that implies a full roster so 4 new characters, which I will never complain about.

4 minutes ago, TheCraigadile said:

I feel like Ashen Wolves won’t get a full route, but something more akin to Cindered Shadows. I’d love to be wrong tho, and I also would love to have a full route since that implies a full roster so 4 new characters, which I will never complain about.

Inb4 Flayn, Cyril, Fleche, and someone else join the Ashen Wolves. (That's one way to get new outfits).

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Inb4 Flayn, Cyril, Fleche, and someone else join the Ashen Wolves. (That's one way to get new outfits).

Flayn of all people retreating underground and becoming a sewer rat is inordinately amusing to me.

4 hours ago, Seazas said:

They directly travel through realms in the story. They have, in fact, appeared in the heroes' worlds unlike the twins who just stayed in their own.

Ah gotcha, thanks for the correction. Later storylines haven't done that, so I must have forgotten. 

@Use the Falchion

I do find it funny you use Valkyria Chronicles as your crossover point but didn’t use the actual crossover in VC1 with Vyse and Aika being crossover from the Skies of Arcadia games.

I honestly think we shouldn’t have any non-houses characters in Hopes (I mean characters from outside the story/world). I believe a focus game should remain just that.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:59 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Monica would be a pretty obvious candidate, since apparently she's not being treated as a "Black Eagle" in promotional materials. Also in the base game, you literally first meet "her" underground. And it would give us a female-majority house, as a counter-weight to the majority-male Blue Lions.

4 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Monica would be a pretty obvious candidate, since apparently she's not being treated as a "Black Eagle" in promotional materials. Also in the base game, you literally first meet "her" underground. And it would give us a female-majority house, as a counter-weight to the majority-male Blue Lions.

My instinct was either Monica, Randolph, or ... screw it, even Kronya.

But they're all dumb options for various reasons. Randolph because he's old and a general. Monica because she's literally about to graduate. And Kronya because she's Kronya.

2 hours ago, ciphertul said:

I do find it funny you use Valkyria Chronicles as your crossover point but didn’t use the actual crossover in VC1 with Vyse and Aika being crossover from the Skies of Arcadia games.

I always forget about them, since I've never played Skies of Arcadia. Thanks for reminding me! 

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

And Kronya because she's Kronya.

Kronya I could actually see, depending on how the story may go. If Kronya's on the run from a failed attempt on Byleth/Jeralt's life outside of the story, and runs to Abyss to be under Church protection while not having to deal with anyone above ground, then her joining the Ashen Wolves makes enough sense for it to happen for me. (Yes, it's a little hand-wavy, but it gets to the destination and isn't a major obstruction.) In this scenario, her dislike of Byleth and Jeralt could give her a potential bonding point to Shez. Maybe. 

Alternatively, Shez's actions above surface (potentially saving Monica, joining the Monastery, etc) make it hard for TWSITD to move too openly, so Kronya joins the Ashen Wolves in Abyss to gain access to Garrag Mach that way. When Shez recruits them, it's a chance for her to have nigh-unlimited access to the person who foiled some of their plans, and to determine if it was intentional or accidental. 

Or maybe Kronya is just there because the developers want her there. Or not. It's all fun speculation either way. 

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Maybe it's just me, but I've been treating Monica as a "bonus Black Eagle" the same way I've been treating Holst as a "bonus Golden Deer" - these are characters that, to me at least, are likely to show up primarily on their associated routes, but aren't shown off in the same way because they're "new" and are being saved for a different spotlight, if not the game itself. Monica may not be shown with the Black Eagles Class of 1180, but she's shown next to Edelgard in one of the cutscenes, and she's been noted as a playable Mage during the "Issue Orders" part of the second trailer, where we see the Edelgard and the Black Eagles as playable characters.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Monica to be a character in the Ashen Wolves or whatnot, since it's entirely possible. It's also entirely possible that she joins with Shez on whatever route they play. I'm just saying that right now, based on the evidence we have, it's more likely that she's one of the new playable characters for the Black Eagles. 

3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I always forget about them, since I've never played Skies of Arcadia. Thanks for reminding me! 

Kronya I could actually see, depending on how the story may go. If Kronya's on the run from a failed attempt on Byleth/Jeralt's life outside of the story, and runs to Abyss to be under Church protection while not having to deal with anyone above ground, then her joining the Ashen Wolves makes enough sense for it to happen for me. (Yes, it's a little hand-wavy, but it gets to the destination and isn't a major obstruction.) In this scenario, her dislike of Byleth and Jeralt could give her a potential bonding point to Shez. Maybe. 

Alternatively, Shez's actions above surface (potentially saving Monica, joining the Monastery, etc) make it hard for TWSITD to move too openly, so Kronya joins the Ashen Wolves in Abyss to gain access to Garrag Mach that way. When Shez recruits them, it's a chance for her to have nigh-unlimited access to the person who foiled some of their plans, and to determine if it was intentional or accidental. 

Or maybe Kronya is just there because the developers want her there. Or not. It's all fun speculation either way. 

Maybe it's just me, but I've been treating Monica as a "bonus Black Eagle" the same way I've been treating Holst as a "bonus Golden Deer" - these are characters that, to me at least, are likely to show up primarily on their associated routes, but aren't shown off in the same way because they're "new" and are being saved for a different spotlight, if not the game itself. Monica may not be shown with the Black Eagles Class of 1180, but she's shown next to Edelgard in one of the cutscenes, and she's been noted as a playable Mage during the "Issue Orders" part of the second trailer, where we see the Edelgard and the Black Eagles as playable characters.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Monica to be a character in the Ashen Wolves or whatnot, since it's entirely possible. It's also entirely possible that she joins with Shez on whatever route they play. I'm just saying that right now, based on the evidence we have, it's more likely that she's one of the new playable characters for the Black Eagles. 

No shot. Kronya only goes after Jeralt after he foiled her plans when she was in disguise. If Monica is Monica, Kronya wouldn't chase after Jeralt's Mercenaries as none of the Agarthans knew who Byleth was at first.

5 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Honestly that is what makes them such a good crossover. If you didn't know about Skies of Arcadia you would have just believed that those 2 just belong in VC.

5 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Honestly that is what makes them such a good crossover. If you didn't know about Skies of Arcadia you would have just believed that those 2 just belong in VC.

I feel like the Awakening Trio in Fates are similar, at least for players who haven't played Awakening. 

That's why I think the Cipher/Warriors characters would work for a larger audience, though. Warriors isn't a well-known FE game with well-known characters, nor is the Cipher game. I feel like it's because we're so involved in the fandom particularly on this site that we miss the fact that there is a broader audience that isn't aware of them and wouldn't have preconceived notions or expectations for them. Which is why they'd work IMO. Still, that's a discussion already had and we've all made our feelings clear on that topic. 

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Right now, I'm actually leaning towards a full Church route as dlc.

Though it's very possible we get new/crossover characters and postgame content.

I definitely think there will be a sizeable amount of story content in the dlc, and I feel like it gonna focus on characters who appear in the game but aren’t playable. Perhaps that’s the church, I feel like it will be.

Regardless, now that the Wolves are in any DLC is just a welcome bonus for me since everyone I want is in.

Okay, so with the game being designed around replays rather than post game, I would think any dlc should complement that. As such, probably not history maps or post game missions.

More likely some combination of:

* New units and/or classes.

* New items and battalions.

* Additional optional missions within the chapters.

* New route (least likely)

* Quality of life features (not likely part of the sold dlc, but rather free).

Yeah, I'm thinking the base game will mainly be focused on replaying the routes over and over with different builds (with potential ironman and using/not using the gimmicks from the side areas in the main chapter battles). A shame, since I personally love post-game sandboxes, but it is what it is.

As for DLC, I'll shoot for the moon and hope for some historical/"What If" battles. Perhaps there's time shenanigans that allows characters to experience them or something.
-- Say there's a map that recreates Seiros vs Nemesis, or perhaps creating the Tragedy of Duscar with Feral!Dimitri.

Although, with this close to release, I don't recall hearing any DLC plans for Three Hopes. I could've swore Age of Calamity started promoting DLC before the main game was even released, so I wonder if there are any plans for DLC for Three Hopes.

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Yeah, I'm thinking the base game will mainly be focused on replaying the routes over and over with different builds (with potential ironman and using/not using the gimmicks from the side areas in the main chapter battles). A shame, since I personally love post-game sandboxes, but it is what it is.

As for DLC, I'll shoot for the moon and hope for some historical/"What If" battles. Perhaps there's time shenanigans that allows characters to experience them or something.
-- Say there's a map that recreates Seiros vs Nemesis, or perhaps creating the Tragedy of Duscar with Feral!Dimitri.

Although, with this close to release, I don't recall hearing any DLC plans for Three Hopes. I could've swore Age of Calamity started promoting DLC before the main game was even released, so I wonder if there are any plans for DLC for Three Hopes.

Quite the opposite. AoC's dlc was apparently totally unplanned. They apparently didn't expect the game to be that successful, didn't expect there to be demand for dlc, and actually brought devs back from other projects to make dlc.

https://zeldauniverse.net/2022/01/30/age-of-calamity-devs-reveal-how-the-dlc-came-to-be/

For our purposes, that means they listen. If you want dlc, ask for it!

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Quite the opposite. AoC's dlc was apparently totally unplanned. They apparently didn't expect the game to be that successful, didn't expect there to be demand for dlc, and actually brought devs back from other projects to make dlc.

https://zeldauniverse.net/2022/01/30/age-of-calamity-devs-reveal-how-the-dlc-came-to-be/

For our purposes, that means they listen. If you want dlc, ask for it!

Huh, so it was unplanned.

I never got around to actually purchasing/playing AoC proper aside from trying the demo, so all I saw were the various trailers they put out for stuff.
-- Honestly, if I was to pick up a Hyrule Warriors for Switch, I'm tempted to get the first one even though I have that already on the Wii U. The first HW was fun and they added a lot of stuff to that game over time, and I want to know the ending of the Cia/Lana story.

So do we think that the blanked out option under spend renown will be like it was in Houses? If so do you think they might add the semi-obligatory exp/renown grinding missions with dlc?