What type of DLC do you think this game will have?

DLC Expectations/Wants  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What character DLC you expect

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base game
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  2. 2. What character DLC do you want

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  3. 3. What kind of content dlc do you expect?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  4. 4. What kind of content dlc do you want?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  5. 5. Will there be new playable classes added in DLC?

• New classes
    • Returning classes from older FEs
    • Unused classes from 3H
    • None

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Fixed it for you. Secret ending. Infinite snark.

Correct answer.

As for what to expect, I honestly have no idea how they will inject some proper content given the current game structure.

They could add so many different types of content: Characters, Missions, Maps, Classes, Weapons, all which could be implemented in separate game modes, as "free" unlocks for every route, as stuff integrated into the campaign (like 3H did) forcing you to replay the game once more, it could go in so many directions.

Or maybe there won’t be any DLC who knows. But given KT’s pedigree, I doubt we won’t have at least one piece of content.

10 hours ago, Marros Kinvares said:

I just want a class that lets the ladies punch things. The fact that they're stuck at one class with D-rank Gauntlets is absurd.

Yeah, this is honestly one of my biggest gripes with the game (but honestly the gender-lock in general is a huge gripe of mine lmao). And to pour salt on the wound, the game has female-unit-only missions, so you have no counters for mages and no way to break through a monster's gauntlet shield for said missions.

As much as I would love for a gender-lock removal DLC patch to be a thing, it's probably unlikely. However, according to dataminers, a model of male Byleth on a Pegasus was found in the game's files. It's most likely a dummy model, but it still gives a glimmer of hope.

Anyway, going back to the main topic -- I'd love to see some DLC characters, new or old. It'd be cool to see old characters come back as veterans, like some of the characters that didn't get their shot in the original FE Warriors.

Speaking as someone who's done all routes, I'm expecting:

More Arval/Agarthan stuff, because there are a few questions that are unanswered, such are Shez's parents/ancestry, and why he's connected to Arval. If we do get more on the war of heroes, I would also like to see the four saints in their alternate forms of course.

For more playable characters... I wonder what the probability of Thales, Cornelia and Kronya is, because you can get their weapons in game, same for Nemesis, but I think he's a bit more likely. Hannerman seemed like a really odd exclusion in the game, seeing as Manuela is playable, so I think he's likely. Judith, Randolph and Gustave (I think? I recruited Byleth in Azure Gleam) are interesting cases, since they die if you don't recruit Byleth, but maybe? though I feel Randolph would be grouped with Ladislava and Fledge rather than those two, so maybe Hannerman would be grouped with them or Alois, since he's also involved. 

On 7/2/2022 at 11:24 AM, Marros Kinvares said:

I just want a class that lets the ladies punch things. The fact that they're stuck at one class with D-rank Gauntlets is absurd.

Actually you can get them A-rank Fist by getting their Axe and Bow ranks to A.

Just finished Azure Gleam. My current DLC wish from most likely to least likely.

Most likely to least likely:

New Classes

New Characters (see previous posts) 

The ability to buy any previously characters from previously beaten routes and have them playable in auxiliary battles and when replaying battles. (And gain supports)

Previously playable characters and/or major NPCs now playable (and can be purchased with Renown in NG+) - This includes Anna, Judith, Gilbert/Gustave, and Cyril. (I'm not sure who is playable or not in VW or SB, but those characters too) This would be a free DLC update. 

Byleth voiced supports

More costumes

Paired Endings enabled. 

New Paralogues

New Routes (Church Route, Agarthan Route, Golden Route...which may or may not take elements of the aforementioned routes)

Fanservice characters from FEW1 (very unlikely, but I want it anyways) 

So aside from new classes and characters, I think the thing I'd most want to see as an update (preferably free) would be a proper Free-Play Mode. The way I envision it working is:

• Unlocks once you've cleared your first route (or maybe all three routes?), and can be accessed when starting a new game on that file.
  • Choosing that takes you to a special version of the base camp where every character you've ever recruited is available and can be interacted with (even if it doesn't make sense, like having Edelgard and Rhea in the same camp).  Every character can be trained, given gifts, taken on expeditions, assigned chores, or fed food.
  • The mode plays as Casual Mode by default, or at least offers you a way to resurrect dead characters so you aren't stuck unable to use your full roster.
  • The regular shop's stock of items is now infinite. Anna's secret shop is still finite, but can be replenished.
  • In addition to replaying story battles at the Records Keeper, the War Map has been replaced with a mode that offers you randomly-generated missions.
    • Any character can show up as an enemy or ally on these maps, even characters in your playable roster or minor NPCs like Ladislava, Acheron, or Count Varley.
    • Some missions are similar to the giant monster missions that sometimes appeared on the War Map.
    • In addition to standard rewards such as weapons and minerals, many battles also offer replenished Training Points, Activity Points, or Anna's shop supply as rewards, allowing those features to be used indefinitely.
  • You may exit the mode at any time and start a new story playthrough.

How about a randomly generated Empires mode where you start with Shez and recruit up to 20 units of your choice as you encounter them as enemy units on the battlefield, and conquer all of Fodlan. You can reset this whenever you want or whenever you win.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

The rest of the Ashen Wolves DLC classes are a must, though at this point I hope they make War Monk/Cleric a magic axe class instead of a magic gauntlet class. I honestly don't know how else they'd implement War Cleric in the game's current state, since there'd be nothing for it to evolve from for female units, and no way for female units to get the Gauntlet Proficiency abilities.

I'd also kill for S rank supports. Subtracting the romance from Fire Emblem still feels wrong to me, let the ships sail.

And yeah, some sort of randomly generated campaign mode allowing you to use any characters would be a welcome addition that would add a ton of replay value.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

The ability to customize weapons (add, remove, and increase weapon abilities) would also be greatly appreciated. Why would one use Divine Weapons when they only have one effect and it's defensive? Why would you use Hapi's tome when the one ability it has is 100% worthless, and you can just teach her Dark Spikes? 

The Warriors series already perfected its weapon system in Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate of all games, so why are we taking steps backwards?

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

19 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The ability to customize weapons (add, remove, and increase weapon abilities) would also be greatly appreciated. Why would one use Divine Weapons when they only have one effect and it's defensive? Why would you use Hapi's tome when the one ability it has is 100% worthless, and you can just teach her Dark Spikes? 

The Warriors series already perfected its weapon system in Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate of all games, so why are we taking steps backwards?

That would be very nice to have. And yeah, most of the Divine Weapons aren't great for much other than defense, with a few notable exceptions that actually get secondary weapon abilities. Give Bernie The Inexhaustible, and she turns into a killing machine. And some of the Divine Weapons look like they only have one effect, until you realize they're effective against cavalry or armored units. But most of them are pretty basic. It kills me how bad the legendary tomes are, the vast majority of them are really unimpressive, and the divine tomes are all the exact same thing linked to different crests.

He's hardly on the top of my list, but I think Annette's wacky cousin might be a fun DLC addition. A noble who ran away to become a traveling minstrel is a decent character concept, and he can have some interesting chats with characters such as Gilbert, Annette or Ignatz. 

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

He's hardly on the top of my list, but I think Annette's wacky cousin might be a fun DLC addition. A noble who ran away to become a traveling minstrel is a decent character concept, and he can have some interesting chats with characters such as Gilbert, Annette or Ignatz. 

I like the idea of a bard class in this game. Could be a tome or a bow.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

With how many conversations he's mentioned in after being completely unheard of back in Three Houses, I think they are actually setting him up as a future DLC character. Even him being a bard could be setting up a Bard class that comes with him, like how the Ashen Wolves each brought a new class with them.

Edited by Anomalocaris

9 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

With how many conversations he's mentioned in after being completely unheard of back in Three Houses, I think they are actually setting him up as a future DLC character. Even him being a bard could be setting up a Bard class that comes with him, like how the Ashen Wolves each brought a new class with them.

It is weird how much the mention Simon in Three Hopes. Him having a name at all is significant, there are plenty of relatives of main characters who remain nameless, like Ashe's siblings.  

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

He has a Major Crest too, IIRC, so that's even more of a reason to include him.

10 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

With how many conversations he's mentioned in after being completely unheard of back in Three Houses

I thought he was only mentioned once there, huh. But yeah: we got Holst, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him later too.

---

For other DLC:

• I'd like a Byleth-based side story since I'd love to explore their story more now that they can talk.
  • I was surprised that Alois, Hanneman and Gilbert weren't playable, so maybe they're being held onto for something in the future. Ditto for Judith (minus the precedent set by FE16).
  • Valkyries are probably redundant next to both Dark and Holy Knights (unless they were primarily magic based I suppose), but I was surprised Dark Fliers weren't added*. War Monks would be fun as a magical off-shoot of the Warrior Class too.
  • I still haven't done much in the way of NG+, but all three endings felt kinda rushed to me, so a free update that fleshes them out more would be appreciated.

* If I had to guess it's because Gremories and Dark Bishops are treated as equivalents, so giving women a flying option on top of that would unbalance them. To that I say that gender-locking was always daft and I wish they didn't let that stop them. Let the guys have magic wyverns if you have to!

Edited by DefyingFates

In Scarlet Blaze there's a troubadour in the explore before fighting the Dominic's who say's he can't reveal his identity and that he escaped from Faerghus because otherwise he'd have die on the battlefield like his father and uncle are going to do. It's pretty clear that that's Simon.

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:
  • Valkyries are probably redundant next to both Dark and Holy Knights (unless they were primarily magic based I suppose), but I was surprised Dark Fliers weren't added*. War Monks would be fun as a magical off-shoot of the Warrior Class too.

Valkyrie was my least favorite of the four Abyss classes because of how redundant it was with Dark/Holy Knight, but I'd really like it back now because of how Dark/Holy Knight were made lance classes here instead of tome classes. We don't have a proper mounted tome class now.

6 minutes ago, Shotguner159 said:

In Scarlet Blaze there's a troubadour in the explore before fighting the Dominic's who say's he can't reveal his identity and that he escaped from Faerghus because otherwise he'd have die on the battlefield like his father and uncle are going to do. It's pretty clear that that's Simon.

Oh, that's really interesting! I'll look out for him when I do my second SB run, thanks!

P.S. I just had this shower thought a few seconds ago (and happened to see a similar post here right after), but if we DO get War Monk/ Cleric as DLC, it'd finally give Annette a proper class where she can use both magic and Crusher instead of picking one or the other (and as the other post says, Edelgard would love that class too).

@Anomalocaris re. Valkyries: yeah, that would be the best way to make them feel unique... but only if KT bit the bullet and made the class gender-neutral (and renamed it if they had to), so that it isn't just women who profit off of such a useful class type.

Also, another free update I'd love to see: the ability to swap Shez and Byleth's genders freely in the post-game/ NG+. There IS a post-game here unlike FE16, so unless they unlock all gender requirements it'd be nice to freely experiment with whatever classes you wanted with them instead of making a new save each time.

Edited by DefyingFates

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, another free update I'd love to see: the ability to swap Shez and Byleth's genders freely in the post-game/ NG+. There IS a post-game here unlike FE16, so unless they unlock all gender requirements it'd be nice to freely experiment with whatever classes you wanted with them instead of making a new save each time.

I forgot to mention this when I detailed what I'd want from a proper Free-Play Mode, but yeah. Being able to freely switch genders (or even names) once the story is finished would be nice.

18 minutes ago, Shotguner159 said:

I just encountered him. Its a bit of a shame he looks and acts so normal rather than being a male Annette.