Tragic Fire Emblem Experiences

FailWood

What's a tragic experience you had in a Fire Emblem Game (other then Heroes or Warriors)?  I'll start with one just to give an idea of what I'm looking for:

In one of my recent playthroughs of Radiant Dawn, I had Nolan and Zihark supporting each other for that double Earth Affinity and the two were the stars of the run.  Then 3-13 happened and the Greil Mercenaries started showing up while the two were far in the front line, and Mia (who I trained on that squad) scores a Crit on Zihark, killing him on the last turn of defense.  I decided to continue without him.

Next chapter (3-E), I had Mia go up the middle route, and set her up to take on Nolan, who was a big threat of that group.  Nolan gets the Colossus proc against Mia and kills her despite his low hit chance, possibly out of revenge for Zihark.  For the sake of the arc, I went on without her.

Edited by FailWood

I remember one instance in particular when I had Marcia (in Path of Radiance) survive multiple attacks, including a crit, only for her to die because the poison status effect lopped off the last few ticks of HP.

Man, that sucked. Was near the end of one of the chapter 17 submaps too. Can't remember which one specifically though.

My very first playthrough of RD, which was also my first FE, I used Ilyana and she capped all stats. Then in the tower I found out the sppeedwings etc did not raises stats and caps by two. Just stats. I was hoping to have Ilyana with stats beyond the normal caps. 

She still wrecked face left and right though, since it was easy mode. So tragic

When I was so excited to get Severa first Awakening play through (because she had white hair since Henry was her dad and it was super cute) and I didn’t know you can’t get them if they die (I know, I was dumb). So yeah, she died and I was super sad.

Or when Chrom forced me to marry him, lol. 

On my Conquest hard ironman a few years back i was doing pretty well and then...

I lost half the army in finale.

It was so sad seeing all the sacrifices i had to make after they survived a brutal campaign.

Kana and Soleil especially hurt.

My friend's first experience with Fire Emblem was Awakening. And he married Panne. Later in the game, he told me that he encountered another bunny person and he was very conflicted about having to kill him. I guess the map didn't make it clear enough that was HIS kid. I didn't have the heart to tell him. 

In my most recent playthrough of Echoes, on the map where you fight Jedah with the Dracoshield, I managed to clear out all the enemies by around turn 5-ish, leaving only Jedah. So, I decided to take my chances on a crit kill with Celica and Ragnarok + support bonuses from everyone in the party and get the Dracoshield. It was about a 40-ish crit chance, but I was like "screw it."

and I got a game over LOL.

Something else that was similar on Birthright with the map with Iago in the castle: Once again, I cleared out the whole map leaving only Iago and I had my Sky Knight Corrin with a Killer Lance (via Battle Points) ready to crit kill Iago.

So I landed a crit, thinking I finally cleared the map--but it wasn't enough to kill Iago (Pegasus str as why), then Iago triggered Vengeance and I had to restart the map all over again my GOD.

I killed Rumei by critting him 7 times in Thracia 776 recently when trying to whittle him down . I mean seven times as in seven separate playthroughs of the map. Technically one of them was Leif proccing adept instead of a crit... but same difference. More so because that was the time I tried offloading Ced's scroll onto the boss to prevent crits. Nope, Leif still wants the kill. Basically I had to play chapter 8 a total of 8 times for a gaiden chapter. The tragedy of this is I had to sacrifice Halvan's move level. The comedy of it is that Leif has zero chill and apparently had to flat murder the first draco knight he saw in vengeance for his parents. 10/10 moment that I will never forget. Mostly because it took exactly 8 tries to capture the guy alive.

On 4/30/2022 at 9:11 AM, Elina said:

Or when Chrom forced me to marry him, lol. 

Now I'm never going to be able to look at Chrom the same way.

On 5/1/2022 at 2:21 AM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

My friend's first experience with Fire Emblem was Awakening. And he married Panne. Later in the game, he told me that he encountered another bunny person and he was very conflicted about having to kill him. I guess the map didn't make it clear enough that was HIS kid. I didn't have the heart to tell him. 

Reverse Oedipus moment.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, Alastor15243 said:

I lost an ironman to a 2% ninja crit on my avatar, in a game I was trying to demonstrate was good for ironmanning, on a map I was trying to demonstrate wasn't as infuriating as people say it is.

Chapter 17 of Conquest I take it?

46 minutes ago, FailWood said:

Chapter 17 of Conquest I take it?

Eyup.

On 5/4/2022 at 9:35 AM, Alastor15243 said:

I lost an ironman to a 2% ninja crit on my avatar, in a game I was trying to demonstrate was good for ironmanning, on a map I was trying to demonstrate wasn't as infuriating as people say it is.

On my birthday.

Personally, I find the part where Asugi's paralogue sent your Birthright ironman on a one-way trip to the graveyard to stand out more about that series.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:25 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Reverse Oedipus moment.

HAHAHAHA!  

On 5/4/2022 at 9:35 AM, Alastor15243 said:

On my birthday.

That reminds me- last year I got some new games for 3ds on my birthday and I was so excited to play them but the screen cracked because someone stepped on it and the dark pixels took over the screen so I couldn’t play it. 😞

Also, Echoes was one of my first fe games, so during my first play through, I left Kliff in ram village for almost the entire game without recruiting him. I was so mad.

Edited by Elina

On chapter 16 of Crimson flower, I used impregenable wall on Sylvain, to lure Ingrid to a very horrible death. She was capable of one rounding my entire army. 

Chapter 7 of thracia, I was trying to recruit shiva. He triggered a movement star, and got himself killed. I didn't bother with restarting. 

Edited by MadBoar

In Vestaria Saga 2's final chapter,

Spoiler

Lucion and Claude have their conversation about how they're not afraid to die and will fight to the end. I was honestly touched. Then Claude died on enemy phase because he was too close to the dragon.

My first run of new mystery.

The chapter where you first get Palla, I had no idea using the armory in the center area was the trigger to have the wyvern knights go aggro.

Linde did not appreciate that. Losing her so early kinda sucks since its quite some time before you get another mage. The next one you get is Merric, and thats not for about 5 more chapters

Edited by Faellin