Good wife for +Magic/-Luck Corrin

Barren

Hello. I have my pairings for birthright for the most part figured out. I have male Corrin with his talent being mage. I’m still unsure on who to pair him up with. On the one hand, if I pair him up with Scarlet and Kana inherits mage, wyvern rider and gains A+ support with Mitama to get priestess, then I can combine something like heartseeker, trample and renewal to take advantage of their draconic heir ability to be damaging, accurate and durable at once as a Hoshidan Noble. She would get a +2 in strength, +4 magic, +1 skill, +4 speed, -1 luck, 1 defense and 1 res. Though this would mean that one of the kids wouldn’t get married.

On the other hand, if I pair Corrin up with Caeldori whose mother would be Oboro she can pass down Elbow Room after getting a A+ support with Sophie, Kana’s modifiers would be now 0 strength, 3 magic, 4 skill, 2 speed, -4 luck, 5 defense and 1 res.

Or I could have Hinoka as Caeldori’s mom just to do the Cordelia reference. Her stat mods would make Kana more balanced with 3 magic, 2 skill, 2 speed, -3 luck, 3 defense and 4 res.

Both of them sound quite tempting and if I do the latter, the children will have someone to S rank with. Which of these options sounds more feasible?

Edited by Barren
Rewrite

Personally, I'd go with Scarlet because OTP. Wyvern Rider is too good of a class to pass up, especially if you can have a child unit inherit it. Plus, it seems you've put the most thought into that particular pairing anyway. I'm biased toward Scarlet, so go Scarlet.

Also, units can have both one A+ Support and S Support, so I don't think you'd be missing out on anything.

57 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Personally, I'd go with Scarlet because OTP. Wyvern Rider is too good of a class to pass up, especially if you can have a child unit inherit it. Plus, it seems you've put the most thought into that particular pairing anyway. I'm biased toward Scarlet, so go Scarlet.

Also, units can have both one A+ Support and S Support, so I don't think you'd be missing out on anything.

Okay that makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines of giving Kana some good stat modifiers. But giving her and Scarlet Corrin’s mage talent has good synergy with the classes I have in mind. Especially since Vengeance and Bowbreaker fits Scarlet like a glove and Kana will be able to still benefit from having pretty good stats. Thanks for the reply.

5 minutes ago, Barren said:

Okay that makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines of giving Kana some good stat modifiers. But giving her and Scarlet Corrin’s mage talent has good synergy with the classes I have in mind. Especially since Vengeance and Bowbreaker fits Scarlet like a glove and Kana will be able to still benefit from having pretty good stats. Thanks for the reply.

Of course, glad I could help!

I probably should have linked this before, but I often recommend using this inheritance planner for Fates when it comes to planning out your pairings. I find that it's a really helpful tool, but it's also fun to mess around with and see what you can do. It sounded like you knew what you were doing and did your research, so I didn't think to link it.

3 hours ago, Barren said:

I would consider Vengeance and Bowbreaker questionable - Vengeance is high-risk-low-reward, and Bowbreaker is a level 15 skill, AKA not something yer gonna have for very long, if at all.

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I would consider Vengeance and Bowbreaker questionable - Vengeance is high-risk-low-reward, and Bowbreaker is a level 15 skill, AKA not something yer gonna have for very long, if at all.

Might as well give it a shot. I understand your skepticism but remember that Scarlet can pretty much get these skills rather quickly. Plus Great Lord exists too for her to learn Awakening. I probably could have also picked fighter for Corrin if I wanted her to go Berserker. Or samurai if I wanted her to nab vantage. But I went with mage so might as well see how this plays out.

9 hours ago, Barren said:

Might as well give it a shot. I understand your skepticism but remember that Scarlet can pretty much get these skills rather quickly. Plus Great Lord exists too for her to learn Awakening. I probably could have also picked fighter for Corrin if I wanted her to go Berserker. Or samurai if I wanted her to nab vantage. But I went with mage so might as well see how this plays out.

Awakening is another level 15 skill, meaning you won't have much time to use it, if you even get it at all, that is. Also, I'm generally not a fan of building around low HP builds, especially in a game where they're far from bulletproof.