Mastery skills.

Aside from getting Aether on Ike or Lethality on Volke (if he turns out well), I can never figure out which mastery skills are worth getting with Occult Scrolls, even now while I'm on my 6th playthrough of Path of Radiance.  Disregarding individual units, which mastery skills are considered worth getting?

Sol. It's the mastery skill for Paladins (also for Mist, but she's a healer). It's also one of many reasons why paladins are so good in this game. Aside from that, Aether is the only worthwhile mastery skill (Lethality has too low an activation rate to bother with).

Edited by Shadow Mir

Sol is real nice. Healing for 100% of damage dealt makes them even tankier, and the activation rate is comparatively high. Looking at the list...Blessing is really good but I remember Reyson comes with that so no worries there. Roar sounds interesting since it's guaranteed to work, but if it doesn't take away that enemy's ability to attack, it begs the question why use it over just killing them. Maybe if you need to buy another turn for Volke to get in range and steal an item. 

Agreeing with the suggestion of Sol. It often means a paladin can just heal up any chip damage they take, which lets them be self-sufficient and survive indefinitely.

Beyond that, I consider both Luna and Astra to be OK. Neither one is great, but more damage is more damage, and both will end up having you score a few more skills than you owuld have done without them.

16 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sol.

10 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Sol is real nice.

8 hours ago, lenticular said:

Agreeing with the suggestion of Sol.

I appreciate the input from you all.

Go figure the main suggestion would be Sol when Astrid is the only potential Paladin on my main squad currently, and even then she'll need to do well to stick around.  My Oscar is benched cause he was turning out poorly, I'm taking a break from using Kieran cause I used him last time, and Makalov... I still can't bring myself to use him cause of how much I hate his character.  Titania is part of the backup squad, so she there if things become dire.