Early thoughts on FE5

You guys probably get a lot of threads like this but none of my friends play these games. 

Coming off a semi restricted FE7 run with bartre and dorcas, I am truly overwhlemed by how amazing Osian/Orsin is. His skill and personal weapon are insane and he was getting great level ups until the story took him away.  

Leif's 60 use light brand is absurd, I hope I'm not supposed to save that. But Safy starts with a hammerne so maybe it doesn't even matter? 

I just finished chapter 5. 4 and 4x were really nutty but I watched dondon's videos after each chapter and someone mentions that 4 and 4x are a bunch of BS and don't really reflect the rest of the game. Over the course of chapter 5 I missed 99-Hits three times, missed Heals twice, and got a movement level up on Dalsin. I really don't understand this RNG. I think Nanna got a completely empty level up too. I'm trying to play somewhat fast but weird those weird things keep happening @_@ I almost want to replay chapter 5, having Dalsin at 6 mov seems kinda op. 

I never use the skill that gives units an extra turn, I wish I could turn that off, I really don't like it. 

I'm trying to resist looking up growths, so I don't know if Brighton is supposed to be this good, but he's looking amazing for me so far and he's not even mounted yet. 

What I really like about this game is the story being weaved into the gameplay of the chapters. Like breaking people out of jail, Eyvel being in the arena, and the connectedness of the locations, in contrast with 7 where it's mostly "you have arrived at a new location and there are enemies." 

RIP Mama Eyvel

Edited by ConfidenceKBM