Pokémon Scarlet/Violet: Which starter would you choose?

PostZordem

Pokémon Scarlet/Violet: Which starter would you choose for Gen 9?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Between Fuecoco (Fire), Sprigatito (Grass), and Quaxly (Water), which of these three Gen 9 starters would you choose to start off your journey in Pokémon Scarlet/Violet? (and Why?)

• Fuecoco (Fire-Type)
    • Sprigatito (Grass-Type)
    • Quaxly (Water-Type)

So the next Pokémon entry in the main series is coming later this year in the form of Pokémon Scarlet/Violet. Which also means that Gen 9 is fast approaching on the Nintendo Switch. 

The three starters for Scarlet/Violet are Fuecoco, a fire-type crocodile, Sprigatito, a grass-type cat, and Quaxly, a water-type duck. Out of these three, I'll probably be choosing Sprigatito due to my Pokémon starter prejudice where I choose a starter primarily based on their initial looks, and Sprigatito looks like quite the adorable kitty cat, so I couldn't possibly resist the grass cat's charms (I've made my decisions for starters this way in Pokémon Y, Sword, and Brilliant Diamond as well).

So, as the poll no doubt asks, which of the three starters for Scarlet/Violet will you be choosing in the game? Also, which version of Gen 9 do you plan to buy? I personally will be going with Scarlet, since red's my favorite color, and as I mentioned above, Sprigatito will be my starter of choice for Gen 9.

Edited by CyberZord

I don't know; this is probably the first time I've seen an upcoming Pokémon game and not a single one of the starters stood out to me (remembers X & Y and Sword & Shield) never mind; I guess, more often than not, none of the starters really stand out to me, and this is no exception.

I guess maybe leaning towards Quaxly because of its design, but honestly, if I wanted a water-type duck on my team, in most games, I would just use Psyduck. I don't really see what Quaxly brings to the table that's new.

36 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I guess maybe leaning towards Quaxly because of its design, but honestly, if I wanted a water-type duck on my team, in most games, I would just use Psyduck. I don't really see what Quaxly brings to the table that's new.

Quaxley: "Yo, can I copy your homework?"

Ducklett: "Sure, just be sure to change it enough so it's not obvious."

Psyduck: "Psy aye?"

For my part, I'm undecided on even getting the games. I'd really need to see Game Freak make serious strides in the field of presentation. But if I were to pick them up... so far, my heart is with Fuecoco. It's just too cute.

I am leaning towards Quaxly, but as with every pokemon game I would wait until the whole pokedex and starters' final evolution is available online to choose what pokemon is gonna be on my team. Fuecoco is cute but I don't like fire type so the final evolution would have to epic like Emboar for me to consider choosing it. Sprigatito felt a bit too fan-artsy for me, the light green is just...off.