Big beds are lame

I see people use a big bed that covers like half the room (or a large portion of it), and it seems like a waste of space, especially if you're on your own. I would much rather use that space to put other things, like a small coffee table. I don't like when they put a huge bed right in the middle of a room.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

Buddy, try sleeping on a twin size bed until your mid 20s.

I already do, and I sleep just fine.

28 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

but the bigger the mattress, the bigger the bed fort

well YOU GOT ME THERE

12 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Sorry. I need the big bed to have room for my dead rats.

hey remember justine bieberetta

4 minutes ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

I already do, and I sleep just fine.

Not saying this to be mean but you must be pretty short then, it’s hard to get good sleep when you overhang the bed.

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

Not saying this to be mean but you must be pretty short then, it’s hard to get good sleep when you overhang the bed.

...Wait, not everybody sleeps in the fetal position?

Nobody needs a king-size, unless you're a married couple with young children who still like to jump into bed with you. Or, maybe if you're a couple wherein both of you toss and turn a lot.

Queen-size however, that might be mandatory. I'd be fine with a full-size, were it not the fact that full-size required I lay diagonal to keep my feet from hanging off the bed. Maybe shorter single people don't need queens, but those of us with height do.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

...Wait, not everybody sleeps in the fetal position?

People do what? As straight as a rigor mortis corpse is the only way to lay. Curled up like you died of severe hypothermia is no way to sleep!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

People do what? As straight as a rigor mortis corpse is the only way to lay. Curled up like you died of severe hypothermia is no way to sleep!

Huh, I'd never considered that different people sleep in a different shape.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Huh, I'd never considered that different people sleep in a different shape.

This reminds me what I heard once in a documentary. In the late 1700s-early 1800s, the classy way to sleep was with your back on something of an incline. The only time you were to ever sleep laying flat down, was the final sleep. This tidbit was provided during a documentary on Napoleon, so he and presumably a good number of his elite European contemporaries slept with a pile of pillows supporting their upper back, neck, and head. As if they had dozed off reading or perhaps writing something down.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This reminds me what I heard once in a documentary. In the late 1700s-early 1800s, the classy way to sleep was with your back on something of an incline. The only time you were to ever sleep laying flat down, was the final sleep. This tidbit was provided during a documentary on Napoleon, so he and presumably a good number of his elite European contemporaries slept with a pile of pillows supporting their upper back, neck, and head. As if they had dozed off reading or perhaps writing something down.

I guess I'm a corpse then, as I sleep face down on a flat pillow like a freak.

In college I always had a "twin size" bed that was just a little longer than most twin size I have slept in. I don't know why exactly, but I got even better sleep than I normally get from bigger size beds.

On 5/6/2022 at 9:38 PM, ciphertul said:

I'm not, and the bed's just fine.

On 5/8/2022 at 8:18 PM, Original Johan Liebert said:

In college I always had a "twin size" bed that was just a little longer than most twin size I have slept in. I don't know why exactly, but I got even better sleep than I normally get from bigger size beds.

Why.

On 5/14/2022 at 4:39 PM, ♠Soul♠ said:

Why.

Well I said don't ask me why, but that's ok. I'm convinced there was something about the mattress that was extra comfortable, or maybe somehow the way they had their bed support structure made with criss crossing metal support was conducive towards optimum comfort. It also could just be something about my development physically/neurologically/psychologically since college, I dunno.