[Dancer/Heron/Songstress class] Your future idea to buffed those class ?

My future idea to buff those untap unit :

- Range : Unit use Dance or Sing untap playable unit in 2 range or more.

- Multiple unit : Unit use Dance or Sing untap 2 or more playable unit 

- Increase stats : Unit use Dance or Sing untap playable unit and increase stats

Ultimate arts :

Unit use Dance or Sing untap all unit in all range and increase stats.

Edited by drattakbowser

2 hours ago, drattakbowser said:

- Range : Unit use Dance or Sing untap playable unit in 2 range or more.

Dance of the Goddess Gambit.

- Multiple unit : Unit use Dance or Sing untap 2 or more playable unit

All three Tellius Herons get this in some form.

- Increase stats : Unit use Dance or Sing untap playable unit and increase stats

Special Dance (in both Awakening and 3 Houses) and Inspiring Song from Fates.

2 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

A Dancing Canto - A unit who refreshes another unit is able to move again either to get to safety or to make an attack. I'm pretty sure Heroes has a unit or two like this. The Azura/Leanne Duo?

If you got the 3 Houses DLC the Fetters allow this.

14 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

A Dancing Canto - A unit who refreshes another unit is able to move again either to get to safety or to make an attack. I'm pretty sure Heroes has a unit or two like this. The Azura/Leanne Duo?

Reyson and Leanne can both do this in Radiant Dawn, if I'm remembering right.

As for the original question, I'm not sure that I'd want to further buff dancers, since they're already very strong. If anything, though, I'd want some way to make their skills actually be relevant. In modern FE, dancers (and Azura) don't really interact that much with the skill system as a whole. They have their own special dancer skills off in their own corner, but they don't care about most skills because they're too busy dancing to ever use them. Maybe dancing could share the benefits of (one of?) (a weaker version of?) their skills with the refreshed unit? That would probably be too good, but it would at least make me care more about dancer skills.

I'ma be frank, I don't see these to be in desperate need of fixing at all. It's not like they're a habitually underpowered class.

None.

I think refreshers are already really good in every Fire Emblem game they've been in. Giving up their turn to let another unit have another action is very useful in general as it lets you gain ground and manage combat experience better.

Awakening's Dancer with Olivia being maybe the only exception, since Lunatic(+) enemies are real strong and come in large aggro packs, and I still think that's debatable. I used her fine in both Lunatic difficulties all the way to endgame.

Refreshers rock. Not every unit has to enter combat to be useful.

Edited by DaveCozy

As others have said, Dancers don't need to be buffed, since they're very strong already. But that doesn't mean we can't consider it!

What if a future game brought back Gambits, but made them unique to a Character, rather than to a Battalion? In that case, your Dancer could get "Dance of the Goddess", for a once-per-map omni-dance.

One item that could help Dancers, in games with Con and Aid, is something that reduces their Con. Maybe a "Moon Belt", or a "Slim Fast". This would make them easier to be rescued and dropped, even by low-Aid allies.

I've considered this before for my class tree as I decided to make Dancers a branching class there.

iNAn4ER.png

Charlatan would be a Dancer that has thief skills. Opening chests and stealing etc. Not the most useful as you'll ideally be wanting your dancer actually dancing each turn, but useful if you want to double deploy a support unit.

Blade Dancer is the most combat oriented dancer, with a canto ability allowing you to dance and get in and out of the way.

Songstress is my favourite idea, a dancer that can refresh units from up to 2 squares away. It's something I'm quite surprised the series hasn't introduced as a skill yet. The closestest is the Again staff from Mystery which is just bonkers and broken outright.

Soloist is the typical maximum dancer utility by being bale to refresh four units at once. Probably the unquestionable best of the four, but I think there's enough variety offered there to make things somewhat interesting.