Hello Everyone!

UnitedStars111

Hi everyone! I'm United and I'm someone who's interested in ROM hacking.

I've been into FE since I saw a video at 10 years old of the GBA crit animations ( which hooked me onto the series ) and have lurked around this site a bit as a guest, but I was too shy to make an account. Until now, that is XD

My favourite game in the series is Blazing Blade! It's the first one I've played, and I really enjoyed the gameplay of it. I also played the other GBA titles and the DS remakes, but I don't have a 3DS or Switch since I'm poor and can't afford them ._. so I haven't had the opportunity to play the more recent titles. Right now I'm going through FE4! The maps are so big XD It's kind of weird. I like it though, the story is interesting

Well, that's my intro! I hope we can get along 😄

Welcome to the forest, fellow Canadian! We hope that you'll have a great day and that you'll enjoy your stay.

Welcome to the forest, @UnitedStars111! Hope you enjoy your stay at the Forest of Serene. I'm positive that we'll get along great!

2 hours ago, UnitedStars111 said:

have lurked around this site a bit as a guest, but I was too shy to make an account. Until now, that is XD

Well that makes two of us, then! I also roamed the Serenes Forest forums as a guest until I decided to make an account (not too long ago, in fact!)

2 hours ago, UnitedStars111 said:

My favourite game in the series is Blazing Blade! It's the first one I've played, and I really enjoyed the gameplay of it. I also played the other GBA titles and the DS remakes, but I don't have a 3DS or Switch since I'm poor and can't afford them ._. so I haven't had the opportunity to play the more recent titles. Right now I'm going through FE4! The maps are so big XD It's kind of weird. I like it though, the story is interesting

I'm actually on my first playthrough with Blazing Blade through the Wii U's virtual console. I also like the gameplay of FE7, but my current personal favorite is Three Houses due to its different routes, story, and the fact that it was my first Fire Emblem game, which subsequently made me into a fan of the series. 

It sucks that you can't afford a 3DS or Switch due to a lack of money, but I can understand that.

Note: Within this spoiler/hidden contents box is a rather long tangent of mine where I go over 3DS and Switch prices and what system (and FE games) I'd recommend if you can get the cash to afford it. Mainly putting it in this box to conserve on some space and make this reply shorter. 

Spoiler

If you ever do manage to have the money to buy at least one of the two systems and some games to go along with it, I'd recommend a Switch because it covers the portability of the 3DS pretty well and contains some great first-party titles to boot (Three Houses being one of them)! Though the cheapest Switch console you can buy is a Nintendo Switch Lite at $200 if you're willing to sacrifice a dock and go with only handheld-mode, which is about $100 less than a regular Switch. I won't really bother with the new OLED model (at $350) unless you really want to have a few minor improvements, though to me, it's nothing really major enough to where I'd replace the Switch I already have.

If you'd prefer the 3DS over the Switch, that's also not a bad option, given that the 3DS has a great selection of games with it too, and the system will usually cost you less than a Nintendo Switch. If you're willing to settle with a used system, a regular 3DS (used) should only be between $100-150, while a regular 2DS (used) can go for less than $100, at least on eBay. Though if you wish to buy a 3DS/2DS system new, get one of the "New Nintendo 3DS/2DS" models, or even get an XL variation, then do keep in mind that it will cost a good bit more.

Regardless of whichever system you get, I'd recommend getting all (or if a title doesn't interest you, at least most) of the Fire Emblem games that the system has.

For Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Fire Emblem Warriors + its sequel: Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, which is based off of Three Houses (if you like the Dynasty Warriors games or at least have an interest in them, I'd recommend buying these two), and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (If you like or have played a Shin Megami Tensei/Persona game and like Fire Emblem too, then this crossover of sorts between both series is a solid one to have. Do keep in mind though that this game has no English Dub, so you'll only be listening to Japanese audio with English subtitles throughout the game).

For 3DS: Fire Emblem: Awakening (it made the series popular again and paved the way for future titles, so definitely get this one), Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright/Conquest (This game succeeded Awakening, and is split into multiple routes like Three Houses. Birthright and Conquest are both full-price individually for physical copies, and there's also a DLC route in Revelation. If you only get one of these games, I'd say this- Get Birthright if you want an easier, beginner-friendly game akin to Awakening, or get Conquest if you desire more of a challenge akin to the older Fire Emblem games pre-Awakening. Only get Revelation if you liked Birthright AND Conquest and wish to see the full picture, though it's hardly required.), and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (it's a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden and a fine one at that. Plus, it's got full English voice acting, so what's not to love?)

There was also a localized version of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and The Blade of Light for Switch, but if you've already got Shadow Dragon, you're already set. I truly hope that you can one day get the money to buy one of these systems and the FE games included. They're all solid titles (though do keep in mind that Fates is generally regarded as one of the weaker entries in the series) and worth playing through at least once.

FE4, huh? I haven't played that one myself due to localization and emulation reasons, but I hear its one of the best ones to play. I hope you enjoy the game and its story once you've completed it.

Well, that's all I've got to say here, but before I make my leave, let me ask you this: Who's your favorite Lord in Blazing Blade between Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector?

Welcome to the Forest, UnitedStars111!

11 hours ago, UnitedStars111 said:

I've been into FE since I saw a video at 10 years old of the GBA crit animations ( which hooked me onto the series ) and have lurked around this site a bit as a guest, but I was too shy to make an account. Until now, that is XD

I feel you on this one. There are so sick.

11 hours ago, UnitedStars111 said:

Right now I'm going through FE4! The maps are so big XD It's kind of weird. I like it though, the story is interesting

Good luck and have fun!

Also, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

18 hours ago, Sooks said:

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Who’s your favorite fe7 character?

Thank you! ^_^

My fav character is a tie between Erk and Florina. Mostly because they ended up being my best units in my first playthrough XD They got so many speed level ups. Florina didn't really get strength level ups but that doesn't really matter when you're a pegasus knight that can double + counter 99% of enemies haha

14 hours ago, CyberZord said:

Welcome to the forest, @UnitedStars111! Hope you enjoy your stay at the Forest of Serene. I'm positive that we'll get along great!

Hehehe me too! This place really does seem nice

Thanks for the suggestions on what to purchase! I'm hoping to just purchase a secondhand switch lite since new consoles are kind of expensive. And also they aren't selling any 3DS stuff at the EB Games nearby so : ( but when I get a switch… It's Three Houses time. I've barely been spoiled on the game apart from stuff related to the routes so I'm excited to see how it goes! Also I hope you enjoy your playthrough of FE7, it's a really good game ( though Lyn mode is a bit slow… still love her though ❤️ )

My favourite lord… that's a hard question. In terms of characterization it's Hector, he really is best FE7 boy. But in my playthrough I found a lot of use in Eliwood, who's one of the weaker lords in the series because of his stats. He got some really good level ups in my playthrough. Also I remember in the earlygame I wasn't paying attention and I got Hector oneshotted by Guy so… And Lyn… she got benched after she rejoined so RIP