FE3H lords as political leaders

quick thought i had earlier today in the shower? 

given when it was made and the similarities; i think some part of fe3h was inspired by the political climate in the usa

i.e dimitri is trump, edelgard is hillary, claude is bernie 

it feels pretty intuitive to me tbh in the context of their routes, but I'm having a hard time slotting byleth to someone as famous, but think it would be a fun topic to discuss!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, LittEleven said:

given when it was made and the similarities; i think some part of fe3h was inspired by the political climate in the usa

it feels pretty intuitive to me tbh in the context of their routes, but I'm having a hard time slotting byleth to someone as famous, but think it would be a fun topic to discuss!

us

i’m the political climate

11 minutes ago, LittEleven said:

There's literally a BE route paralogue about Edelgard stopping brown people at the border.

If Trump himself had a waifu, he'd pick Edelgard. Out of anyone in any Japanese video game or anime.

And they are both a hit with alt-righters.

2 minutes ago, Conqueror said:

There's literally a BE route paralogue about Edelgard stopping brown people at the border.

If Trump himself had a waifu, he'd pick Edelgard. Out of anyone in any Japanese video game or anime.

And they are both a hit with alt-righters.

edelgard's hair is very reminiscent of hillary's fringe though, also where is the border thing from? sorry I've only played crimson flower

also what's the alt righter thing

you’re honestly delusional if you don’t think hillary looks like dimitri. plus their names rhyme, it feels like a pretty overt reference to me.

1 minute ago, Kinumi said:

you’re honestly delusional if you don’t think hillary looks like dimitri. plus their names rhyme, it feels like a pretty overt reference to me.

hillary and dimitri barely even rhyme. your arm must be sore from reaching

7 minutes ago, LittEleven said:

edelgard's hair is very reminiscent of hillary's fringe though, also where is the border thing from? sorry I've only played crimson flower

also what's the alt righter thing

borders shut down almost 10 years ago now, these days it's all about wattpad and ao3.

Alt-righters are a keybind thing I think, idk im more of a shift-lefter myself.

10 minutes ago, Kinumi said:

i was searching through your huge post history, is this comment because you like dimitri? because I'm not doing this to demean or promote any of the choices here

it's more so "are they inspired subtly by irl counterparts" 

9 minutes ago, LittEleven said:

i was searching through your huge post history, is this comment because you like dimitri? because I'm not doing this to demean or promote any of the choices here

it's more so "are they inspired subtly by irl counterparts" 

I think it actually might be more sinister. 3h predicted real life, but from the future via retrocausality. I remember something like this happening in one of the Marvel movies I think, so it's not too farfetched for it to happen here.

21 minutes ago, LittEleven said:

oh i hope you didn't mind but i looked up your art and azel is one of my fav characters so i stole him

Please don't steal my husband without permission. This is like when

Spoiler

Edelgard stole away Dimitri's heart and lived rent free in his head for 20 years

Edited by Conqueror
mods complained about spoiling that Edelgard stole away Dimitri's heart and lived rent free in his head for 20 years so I put it in spoiler tags so no one will see it

4 hours ago, LittEleven said:

This... doesn't make very much sense to me. Like, I can get "Takumi is Trump" as a joke", but I'm highly doubtful that the devs at IS considered American political figures in designing their Lords.

I don't know how much more I can say without moving this into the realm of "serious discussion". But I really don't think the connections are there.

7 hours ago, LittEleven said:

Nah fam, if anyone is Trump in this analogy its clearly Edelgard. Both are populist strongmen or attempting to be. Rhea is Hillary for being the one who Edelgard is directly opposed to while also being a symbol of the status quo and attempts to preserve it at nearly all costs.

25 minutes ago, Pawn Lelouch said:

Nah fam, if anyone is Trump in this analogy its clearly Edelgard. Both are populist strongmen or attempting to be. Rhea is Hillary for being the one who Edelgard is directly opposed to while also being a symbol of the status quo and attempts to preserve it at nearly all costs.

I don't think Edelgard's much of a populist actually. She's not particularly slimy nor does she seem deceitful as far as her ideology goes. I also don't see her as much of a strongman since her main goal is empowering the citizenry rather than hoard all the power for herself and a small collection of cronies.