Character Trailers (Current: Leicester Alliance)

Questions of a Polling Nature  

22 members have voted

1. 1. You, me, Golden Deer, we could be great together...

• Claude
    • Lorenz
    • Hilda
    • Raphael
    • Lysithea
    • Ignatz
    • Marianne
    • Leonie
  2. 2. Favourite Eagle personal skill?

• Ablaze Status Attacks (Edelgard)
    • Detonatable Dark Spikes (Hubert)
    • Elemental Music Orbs (Dorothea)
    • On-Hit Attack Speed+ (Ferdinand)
    • Icy Enclosing Zone (Bernadetta)
    • Range/Might+ Charge Attacks (Caspar)
    • Wind Dodge Attack (Petra)
    • Wind Satellite Orbs (Linhardt)
  3. 3. Three Realms. Three Fates. Your Story...

• Scarlet Blaze (Empire)
    • Azure Gleam (Kingdom)
    • Golden Wildfire (Alliance)
    • (...surely they're hiding another route somewhere...?)
  4. 4. Favourite Deer personal skill?

• Shredded Status Attacks (Claude)
    • Rose Petal Gauge (Lorenz)
    • Thunder Attraction Charging (Hilda)
    • Chargeable Normal Attacks (Raphael)
    • Heartseeker / Knockback Explosions (Lysithea)
    • Knockback Elemental Paint (Ignatz)
    • Hit+ Snowball Rain (Marianne)
    • Standard Combination Pursuit (Leonie)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2022 at 02:00 PM

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

One of the most significant aspects of the trailer is the revelation that we won't be having an attack of the clones.

Bernie doesn't seem to play as Ashe which implies Ignatz also won't
Petra doesn't play like Felix
Linhardt doesn't play like Mercedes
Etcetera

Its a good sign. It also implies the budget for this game is pretty decent.

Just want to talk about these point by point real quick

1) We only see Bernie's specials and her setup some sort of field effect (which could be either her C1 or a combat art, and we already know the latter is character based). We know each character has at least two as a few of the characters in this trailer and the BL trailer did 2 of them. Notably; Annette, Sylvain, Caspar, and Petra. One appears to be the regular special and the other the equivalent to the awakening special from the first FEW

2) They seem to be in different classes, as Felix was a Swordmaster if the twitter posts were to go off of. Petra seems to be either in Thief or Assassin. This implies class based movesets but....Correct me if I'm wrong as I didn't use horse classes too much, but I believe Sylvain and Ferdie are in different classes too, as Ferdie has armor on his horse while Sylvain didn't. That said, it looks like they might have the same combos, with Ferdie just being farther into the normal attack chain, as despite looking like they're in different horse classes, Sylvain's normal attacks look like they lead into the ones we saw Ferdie do

3) This I feel is too soon to say. Yes, Mercedes attacked faster than Linhardt did, but that could have been due to either a learned skill or a weapon attribute giving an attack speed boost (or a random buff supplied by Annette offscreen). We never actually got a good look at Mercedes attacks either due to her attacking into the screen and thus couldn't see her projectiles.

EDIT: After reviewing earlier trailers, something I'd like to add

Claude and Ashe share their normal combo, the jump attack Bernie did was shared with Claude, with the only difference being the color of their arrows. Claude did the jump attack in the combo (looked to be C3), so this is further evidence for class based movesets rather than character based even with preferred classes.

Edited by Vexal

So, Bernadetta's hair style. Bernadetta is my favorite character, so...

It looks so, so dumb and weird. But I kinda like it for that? Like, if this is Bernadetta in the middle of her transition from nervous wreck of a person to the more mature and confident form we see post-timeskip, then this bizarre hairstyle is actually perfect. It's still messy like her pre-timeskip self, but due to the longer length she has to keep it out of her eyes, so a sloppy front-tie is practical. Unrelated to her hair, I like her new outfit better than her post-timeskip one. It's nice.

The other designs are all good too, if a little more understated. And of course Ferdinand introduces himself the only way he knows how.

I hope we don't have clones at all

My favorite moveset is Petra and Dorothea also add Bernie as well

Now to the new styles:

Edelgard as yall know is my fave shes looks terrific 

Dorothea omg just a classy songstress shes perfect

Petra just call her a fashion Persian queen shes beautiful!! I think she's looks perfect  especially  those accessories! Shes superb

Hubert:Will hes the most Gothic King and I love  him he looks terrifying  with those  spikes and they blow up the enemies awesome!

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I mean, in a way, would class-based movesets even be clones? The classes would be the movesets, and they're unique. The characters would then just be different ways of customizing the movesets.

This is what I thought too. Besides, even if someone like Ashe and Bernadetta shared the same preferred class and had the same moveset, I doubt the latter is going to share Ashe's skill, so they'll still be unqiue.

I suppose if we take this approach and say the class is the core moveset:

- each character brings in a unique musou (and probably a unique pair up special as vanguard), a personal skill, and a range of combat arts / spells
- depending on whether Dorothea and Annette's showcases lead to the same position in the attack string, and if the spells are not combat arts (can't really tell just yet), there's potential variability within the moveset's charge attacks potentially as well

And we still don't know for certain what our bottom bar + icons on the HUD represent.

I wonder if most of the Master classes will have a moveset that's different from their precursor Intermediate / Advanced class (the ones that are probably the same, by contrast, are just Falcon Knight / Wyvern Lord), assuming that Holy Knight Ferdinand's N2 is not a combat art (certainly doesn't look like one) and isn't a dashing specific attack (I believe FEW mounted units only have a dashing variant of their N1 and C1 if at all).

A quick recap of FEW movesets:

Spoiler

Sword
Aytolis Lord style (Rowan / Lianna)
Ylisse Lord style (Chrom / Lucina)
Modern era / single wield Myrmidon (Ryoma / Owain)
Sword Paladin (Xander)
Nohr Prince(ss) (Corrin)
Classic Lord (Rapier) style (Marth / Celica)
Classic era Myrmidon (Lyn / Navarre)
Dancer (Olivia)

Lance
Pegasus Knight (Cordelia / Hinoka / Caeda)
Songstress (Azura)
Spear Fighter (Oboro)

Axe
War Cleric (though I guess the enemy Fighters share this) (Lissa)
Great Knight (Frederick)
Wyvern (Malig) Knight (Camilla / Minerva)

Tome
Infantry mage style 1 (Robin / Tharja)
Mounted magic (Leo / Elise)
Infantry mage style 2 (Linde)

Bow - Archer (Takumi / Sakura / Anna / Niles)

Stone - Manakete (Tiki)

This is 19 movesets over 32 characters.

With how I'm currently seeing the 3H classes (wall of text, apologies):

Spoiler

Armoured Lord
High Lord
Wyvern Master
Fluegel

Dark Mage (probably -> Dark Bishop)
Assassin (based on pose; possibly <- Thief?)

Armour Knight (probably -> Fortress Knight)
Swordmaster (possibly <- Myrmidon?)
Priest (probably -> Bishop)
Archer (probably -> Sniper)
Mage (probably -> Warlock)
Cavalier (probably -> Paladin)
Pegasus Knight (probably -> Falcon Knight)

Brigand (probably -> Warrior)

We've also seen a map icon of an allied Monk and enemy Fighter / Soldier in Trailer 2, and screenshots of enemy Brawlers.

The status of Holy Knight as distinct from Cavalier is unclear at the moment.

This so far gives 14 definite movesets, one very likely (Brawler), an unclear status of one Master class, three Beginner classes which are difficult to really know where they'll go (Soldier could very well be a restricted High Lord, but the other two dabble in multiple weapon types as a concept even though the enemy Fighter uses an axe, so they potentially in theory could have a moveset that has bow or brawling elements even if the axe is the equipped weapon).

My thoughts on how the unaccounted for and uncertain classes fit into this:

- I don't think Noble / Commoner apply here.

- Dancer if it appears may draw some parallels to Assassin, but I'd expect it to be unique.

- I presume Emperor / Great Lord / Barbarossa remain as promotions for the leaders with no moveset variation other than perhaps a few more N or C moves; though they could possibly get a different promotion design / name (but still remain much the same moveset wise).

- Myrmidon shares an idle pose with Mercenary / Thief, so is a decent chance of being a precursor to one of them; however at the moment Swordmaster doesn't look like it's part of a promotion chain (Mortal Savant is a bit too different for me) so maybe it could be Swordmaster's precursor.

- Soldier is really stuck in a rut here, particularly if it's just a clone of High Lord and has no true evolutions (will be interesting to see if we do get a Halberdier type promotion).

- Depending on how Fighter plays out, it could potentially be a precursor moveset string wise to War Master (combined axe / brawling); otherwise it'll be a Brigand precursor.

- Monk is tricky to know; with Mage / Dark Mage / Priest all being very different, a moveset that captures elements of each (maybe not Dark Mage) would be tricky. Perhaps it's a Gremory precursor?

- Lord may very well be gone; perhaps the name is retained for the leaders during Academy, but their movesets are likely just clones of Armour Knight / Soldier / Archer.

- I suspect Mercenary will go to Hero, and Thief to Assassin. Brawler will go to Grappler.

- Wyvern Rider should go to Wyvern Lord.

- Not sure about the Abyss classes, but apart from Trickster (which will probably draw inspiration from Assassin) they're all quite unique so I would hope they are unique movesets if they eventuate.

- If Holy Knight is in fact different from Cavalier / Paladin, it follows that Dark Knight should as well, but how much magic these movesets will use is to be seen. Great Knight is different enough (and has precedent in FEW) that it should be a unique moveset.

- As mentioned above, Mortal Savant feels too different from Swordmaster to share the same moveset (maybe the normal strings, but not the charge attacks).

- Bow Knight should be entirely unique.

- As mentioned above, War Master and Gremory may or may not combine their proficiency classes in the moveset, but if I had to choose, War Master is more likely to be axe predominant (so similar tree as Fighter -> Warrior), while Gremory with its mixed magic may have Monk as a precursor.

- Unsure how Byleth will be classed with Enlightened hair, nor am I sure as to her starting class (Ashen Demon maybe?). I'd expect their class to be unique.

- If Jeritza turns up he should be Death Knight, but whether this is a renamed Dark Knight or something moveset wise I'm not sure.

If Fluegel has a promotion, I don't expect a different moveset.

So:

- 14 confirmed plus their likely (pre)promotions

- 6 not accounted for but likely unique classes and their (pre)promotions

- 15 possibilities for other unaccounted classes

- Commoner / Noble / Lord are probably not included as they're too much of a blank slate / are probably just renamed classes for the leaders

That's... close to double FEW's moveset pool if this plays out like this; and even if not, there's already more moveset variety counting just the confirmed plus likely uniques.

In summary, things are looking damn hopeful even in what I'd consider worst case for moveset overlap.

We've seen from the weapon screen that Gauntlets are an equippable and rankable weapon type, at least, so I assume there has to be a character/class who uses it as their primary. Raphael comes to mind, and Balthus if he makes the cut (they'd better not chicken out like Heroes did and give him an axe).

I don't expect too much from this, but I'd love if we have flexibility in reclassing. The only thing better than ordering Bernadetta to run around punching things in an SRPG is actually playing as Bernadetta running around punching things in an action game.

This was Dorothea's Twitter bio translated by Serenes, but I forgot that said posts go on the other topic. Oops.

To make up for it, I actually trimmed and spliced parts of the Adrestia character trailer (with one cameo from the Mysterious Mercenary trailer) to compile what I think are the musou / warrior special animations in their intended playback sequence. Spoilered for space.

~~~

Edelgard

Spoiler

Hubert

Spoiler

Dorothea

Spoiler

Ferdinand

Spoiler

Bernadetta

Spoiler

Caspar

Spoiler

Petra

Spoiler

Linhardt

Spoiler

~~~

Not sure why my embeds are completely vertically squashed on my end; if you need to just click the video link to see it more clearly.

I might make one for Faerghus, but Dimitri is gonna need videos from the February trailer since we don't see the ending of his musou in trailers from April onwards...

Edited by tipperthescales
Posted Dorothea's bio in the wrong thread

On 5/21/2022 at 4:42 PM, tipperthescales said:

I suppose if we take this approach and say the class is the core moveset:

- each character brings in a unique musou (and probably a unique pair up special as vanguard), a personal skill, and a range of combat arts / spells
- depending on whether Dorothea and Annette's showcases lead to the same position in the attack string, and if the spells are not combat arts (can't really tell just yet), there's potential variability within the moveset's charge attacks potentially as well

And we still don't know for certain what our bottom bar + icons on the HUD represent.

I wonder if most of the Master classes will have a moveset that's different from their precursor Intermediate / Advanced class (the ones that are probably the same, by contrast, are just Falcon Knight / Wyvern Lord), assuming that Holy Knight Ferdinand's N2 is not a combat art (certainly doesn't look like one) and isn't a dashing specific attack (I believe FEW mounted units only have a dashing variant of their N1 and C1 if at all).

A quick recap of FEW movesets:

Reveal hidden contents

Sword
Aytolis Lord style (Rowan / Lianna)
Ylisse Lord style (Chrom / Lucina)
Modern era / single wield Myrmidon (Ryoma / Owain)
Sword Paladin (Xander)
Nohr Prince(ss) (Corrin)
Classic Lord (Rapier) style (Marth / Celica)
Classic era Myrmidon (Lyn / Navarre)
Dancer (Olivia)

Lance
Pegasus Knight (Cordelia / Hinoka / Caeda)
Songstress (Azura)
Spear Fighter (Oboro)

Axe
War Cleric (though I guess the enemy Fighters share this) (Lissa)
Great Knight (Frederick)
Wyvern (Malig) Knight (Camilla / Minerva)

Tome
Infantry mage style 1 (Robin / Tharja)
Mounted magic (Leo / Elise)
Infantry mage style 2 (Linde)

Bow - Archer (Takumi / Sakura / Anna / Niles)

Stone - Manakete (Tiki)

This is 19 movesets over 32 characters.

With how I'm currently seeing the 3H classes (wall of text, apologies):

Reveal hidden contents

Armoured Lord
High Lord
Wyvern Master
Fluegel

Dark Mage (probably -> Dark Bishop)
Assassin (based on pose; possibly <- Thief?)

Armour Knight (probably -> Fortress Knight)
Swordmaster (possibly <- Myrmidon?)
Priest (probably -> Bishop)
Archer (probably -> Sniper)
Mage (probably -> Warlock)
Cavalier (probably -> Paladin)
Pegasus Knight (probably -> Falcon Knight)

Brigand (probably -> Warrior)

We've also seen a map icon of an allied Monk and enemy Fighter / Soldier in Trailer 2, and screenshots of enemy Brawlers.

The status of Holy Knight as distinct from Cavalier is unclear at the moment.

This so far gives 14 definite movesets, one very likely (Brawler), an unclear status of one Master class, three Beginner classes which are difficult to really know where they'll go (Soldier could very well be a restricted High Lord, but the other two dabble in multiple weapon types as a concept even though the enemy Fighter uses an axe, so they potentially in theory could have a moveset that has bow or brawling elements even if the axe is the equipped weapon).

My thoughts on how the unaccounted for and uncertain classes fit into this:

- I don't think Noble / Commoner apply here.

- Dancer if it appears may draw some parallels to Assassin, but I'd expect it to be unique.

- I presume Emperor / Great Lord / Barbarossa remain as promotions for the leaders with no moveset variation other than perhaps a few more N or C moves; though they could possibly get a different promotion design / name (but still remain much the same moveset wise).

- Myrmidon shares an idle pose with Mercenary / Thief, so is a decent chance of being a precursor to one of them; however at the moment Swordmaster doesn't look like it's part of a promotion chain (Mortal Savant is a bit too different for me) so maybe it could be Swordmaster's precursor.

- Soldier is really stuck in a rut here, particularly if it's just a clone of High Lord and has no true evolutions (will be interesting to see if we do get a Halberdier type promotion).

- Depending on how Fighter plays out, it could potentially be a precursor moveset string wise to War Master (combined axe / brawling); otherwise it'll be a Brigand precursor.

- Monk is tricky to know; with Mage / Dark Mage / Priest all being very different, a moveset that captures elements of each (maybe not Dark Mage) would be tricky. Perhaps it's a Gremory precursor?

- Lord may very well be gone; perhaps the name is retained for the leaders during Academy, but their movesets are likely just clones of Armour Knight / Soldier / Archer.

- I suspect Mercenary will go to Hero, and Thief to Assassin. Brawler will go to Grappler.

- Wyvern Rider should go to Wyvern Lord.

- Not sure about the Abyss classes, but apart from Trickster (which will probably draw inspiration from Assassin) they're all quite unique so I would hope they are unique movesets if they eventuate.

- If Holy Knight is in fact different from Cavalier / Paladin, it follows that Dark Knight should as well, but how much magic these movesets will use is to be seen. Great Knight is different enough (and has precedent in FEW) that it should be a unique moveset.

- As mentioned above, Mortal Savant feels too different from Swordmaster to share the same moveset (maybe the normal strings, but not the charge attacks).

- Bow Knight should be entirely unique.

- As mentioned above, War Master and Gremory may or may not combine their proficiency classes in the moveset, but if I had to choose, War Master is more likely to be axe predominant (so similar tree as Fighter -> Warrior), while Gremory with its mixed magic may have Monk as a precursor.

- Unsure how Byleth will be classed with Enlightened hair, nor am I sure as to her starting class (Ashen Demon maybe?). I'd expect their class to be unique.

- If Jeritza turns up he should be Death Knight, but whether this is a renamed Dark Knight or something moveset wise I'm not sure.

If Fluegel has a promotion, I don't expect a different moveset.

So:

- 14 confirmed plus their likely (pre)promotions

- 6 not accounted for but likely unique classes and their (pre)promotions

- 15 possibilities for other unaccounted classes

- Commoner / Noble / Lord are probably not included as they're too much of a blank slate / are probably just renamed classes for the leaders

That's... close to double FEW's moveset pool if this plays out like this; and even if not, there's already more moveset variety counting just the confirmed plus likely uniques.

In summary, things are looking damn hopeful even in what I'd consider worst case for moveset overlap.

I really didn't want to double post, but given the revelations with Ferdinand / Holy Knight / dismounted moveset, I wanted to highlight a few things:

- the closest analogue I seem to be able to identify for Ferdinand's grounded attacks are Azura N4 for forward lunge and Azura N7 for the jump strike, but Ferdinand's personal skill's afterimages make them appear as consecutive attacks. None of Oboro's charge attacks mirror this movement, and Azura starts using water magic at her higher order charge attacks. This of course doesn't actually tell us if Ferdinand is using his normal string or a charge attack through all this.

- reviewing Dimitri's footage, he seems to prefer showy lance twirl slashes, heavy slashes, or throwing the lance; Ferdinand so far has preferred stabs or finesse slashes. This could suggest that the base Soldier moveset (assuming that's what dismounted lance users fall back onto?) may vary somewhat from Dimitri's own moveset.

- it's interesting how the Holy Knight descriptor emphasises magic. Given that we haven't seen any confirmation of how durability / combat arts / equipped magic actually plays out in battle, I'm not sure what to expect in terms of how the faith side of things is conveyed in the moveset, but if it distinguishes itself from the main Cavalier / Paladin moveset lineage (which I feel quite hopeful for seeing as we have different apparent N2s), then that bodes well for the moveset uniqueness of the other physical horse Master Classes (and may suggest that Lance takes priority over Magic for Dark Knight as well...?).

8 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Dismounting would certainly be one way to keep the soldier moveset viable, even if they don't add Halberdier. Here's hoping it's a fully realized moveset, or, failing that, they at least flesh it out with Halberdier/Spear Master in either base game or dlc.

Given the game seems to be treating Sylvain's Cavalier and Ferdinand's Holy Knight as being on-par with each other despite one being an Intermediate Class and the other being a Master Class, I'm thinking promotions won't really be a thing here, and all classes (regardless of their tier in the original game) will be treated as equal.

That means we could get a straightforward Soldier moveset without it needing a promotion or being treated as a downgrade from other lance-wielding movesets. The only question is who would even get that as their preferred class, if anybody. The only lance-favoring characters left are Lorenz (who will probably be a Dark Knight), Leonie (who will probably be a Bow Knight), and Seteth (who will definitely be a Wyvern Rider).

Obviously it's finally Gatekeeper's time to shine.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Given the game seems to be treating Sylvain's Cavalier and Ferdinand's Holy Knight as being on-par with each other despite one being an Intermediate Class and the other being a Master Class, I'm thinking promotions won't really be a thing here, and all classes (regardless of their tier in the original game) will be treated as equal.

That means we could get a straightforward Soldier moveset without it needing a promotion or being treated as a downgrade from other lance-wielding movesets. The only question is who would even get that as their preferred class, if anybody. The only lance-favoring characters left are Lorenz (who will probably be a Dark Knight), Leonie (who will probably be a Bow Knight), and Seteth (who will definitely be a Wyvern Rider).

Obviously it's finally Gatekeeper's time to shine.

I don't buy it, because Ferdinand disproves the notion. We see him in both Cavalier and Holy Knight, implying there is a progression. Not only that, but it looks to me like characters may actually get slight visual upgrades to their outfit on promotion in canon classes. On Ferdinand, I'm seeing 4 gold buttons on the back of his coat that aren't there as a cavalier. Maybe someone with a better eye for detail could spot more.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't buy it, because Ferdinand disproves the notion. We see him in both Cavalier and Holy Knight, implying there is a progression. Not only that, but it looks to me like characters may actually get slight visual upgrades to their outfit on promotion in canon classes. On Ferdinand, I'm seeing 4 gold buttons on the back of his coat that aren't there as a cavalier. Maybe someone with a better eye for detail could spot more.

I did notice the horse's armor changes, so I guess there's something going on there. Though I think those 4 gold buttons are still there even as a cavalier, they're just hard to see from far away. You can very faintly see them during the last part of his footage, when he's ostensibly a cavalier.

Updated my musou sequence prediction playlist with the Lions. Decided it's not worth embedding 8 videos all at once, so here's just the playlist starting at Dimitri:

(looking at the main trailer again, I could see the very start of Ingrid's section be the aftermath of her musou - there are a lot of frozen blown back enemies as well - but the transition is horrible so I've opted to keep it out)

===

Random 3:30am thought, but what if the mastery progress icons (no stars - large wreathed star) for each class are the visual indicator as to how long your standard attack string is, and what charge attack you can go up to (assuming N4 / C3 are the starting point)? Not sure if the large wreathed star would thus be reserved for a character's preferred / unique classes (maybe allowing them up to N8 / C7?).

Perhaps a bit of a petty point but I really hope we'll be seeing some snow themed maps this time around. The characters often go on about how cold the Kingdom gets, and their time skip designs all incorporate fur to reflect this, yet no kingdom stage ever shows us any snowfall. The new Blion designs retain their winter motif so I hope they correct the mistake of never showing the kingdom as a winterly place this time around. 

5 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

Random 3:30am thought, but what if the mastery progress icons (no stars - large wreathed star) for each class are the visual indicator as to how long your standard attack string is, and what charge attack you can go up to (assuming N4 / C3 are the starting point)? Not sure if the large wreathed star would thus be reserved for a character's preferred / unique classes (maybe allowing them up to N8 / C7?).

Not sure I can see them do this, as it'd be a weird system due to promotions and reclassing. And Musou games usually gives you up to C4 at the start, even with the older DW games. We already have promotions locked to mastering pre-requisite classes according to the tweets too. I could see a "Intermediate classes give up to C4, Advanced and Master give the rest" situation however

Here are the Deer, fear them:

European trailer:

Spoiler

Japanese trailer:
Spoiler

Twitter to follow.

I'll update the front page shortly (and hopefully actually save the poll results this time...)

Ignatz looks pretty great. He rocks the red and gold combo in his designs. I also see some paint effect in his attacks which is great. 

I think this is Marianne's strongest design so far, and Dorte being there too is a nice touch.

Lysithea seems less dark magic focused than I thought. Instead she seems to use a combo of light, dark and anima magic. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Ignatz looks pretty great. He rocks the red and gold combo in his designs. I also see some paint effect in his attacks which is great. 

I think this is Marianne's strongest design so far, and Dorte being there too is a nice touch.

Lysithea seems less dark magic focused than I thought. Instead she seems to use a combo of light, dark and anima magic. 

They probably didn't bother making a moveset with just light and dark, since Gremory uses all three, and we would consider that her endgame class.

Really like all the designs except Leonie (unfortunate because she had a great timeskip), and Raphael (who I was never going to like). I surprisingly consider Ignatz one of the best glowups here.

I'm running with the theory that the rivals all join late. Which is unfortunate because Ferdinand, Felix, and Lorenz are the ones I most want to play from their houses.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Really like all the designs except Leonie (unfortunate because she had a great timeskip), and Raphael (who I was never going to like). I surprisingly consider Ignatz one of the best glowups here.

What surprises me is that they put the most effort in one of the less popular students. The new designs are all great but in some cases like with Ingrid, Annette and Caspar the outfit is basically the same as their regular timeskip outfit. In other cases its more of a combo between pre and post timeskip, but Ignatz got an entirely new look that doesn't resemble his earlier clothing much. Green has always been his traditional color, and armor wasn't a big feature of him before.