Character Trailers (Current: Leicester Alliance)

Questions of a Polling Nature  

22 members have voted

1. 1. You, me, Golden Deer, we could be great together...

• Claude
    • Lorenz
    • Hilda
    • Raphael
    • Lysithea
    • Ignatz
    • Marianne
    • Leonie
  2. 2. Favourite Eagle personal skill?

• Ablaze Status Attacks (Edelgard)
    • Detonatable Dark Spikes (Hubert)
    • Elemental Music Orbs (Dorothea)
    • On-Hit Attack Speed+ (Ferdinand)
    • Icy Enclosing Zone (Bernadetta)
    • Range/Might+ Charge Attacks (Caspar)
    • Wind Dodge Attack (Petra)
    • Wind Satellite Orbs (Linhardt)
  3. 3. Three Realms. Three Fates. Your Story...

• Scarlet Blaze (Empire)
    • Azure Gleam (Kingdom)
    • Golden Wildfire (Alliance)
    • (...surely they're hiding another route somewhere...?)
  4. 4. Favourite Deer personal skill?

• Shredded Status Attacks (Claude)
    • Rose Petal Gauge (Lorenz)
    • Thunder Attraction Charging (Hilda)
    • Chargeable Normal Attacks (Raphael)
    • Heartseeker / Knockback Explosions (Lysithea)
    • Knockback Elemental Paint (Ignatz)
    • Hit+ Snowball Rain (Marianne)
    • Standard Combination Pursuit (Leonie)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2022 at 02:00 PM

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's looking like Annette has not one, but two specials. There's the giant tornado using the Warrior Special camera angle (even has the enemies using the altered fall speed from warrior specials), but the axe we see her use also uses these camera angles and effects. Unless they class changed and used the same outfit, I think this is potential evidence for weapon swapping. IIRC the Adjutant posts on twitter implied the follow-up-for-combo-extensions to be automatic, which does free up control space for a weapon swap input. Still a bit early to say for sure though

9 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Ah! The designs are so good!!! I love each of them! Annette especially looks great to me.

And I think we can say this confirms once and for all that all students are returning for those of you who still doubted.

Yes!

Unless they randomly decide to screw over one house or something, but that hardly seems likely.

This trailer makes me so happy. I'm a fan of almost all the new designs, they really treated the Blue Lions well in that regard. The only new design I'm not terribly fond of is Ingrid's. I don't know why it's so hard to get her design right, but two of her three main designs just don't land for me. The War Phase design and this new one, just...meh. Her Academy Phase design is, in my opinion, her only good one.

15 hours ago, Armchair General said:

I'm kind of wondering how many maps are in this game, since this looks like the village that's on the outskirts of the monastery.

Its an aspect I'm kinda worried about. Three Houses in general already didn't have many maps, and other recent Koei games like SW5 and WO4 got really lazy with the amount of stages. Most of the stages you see in screenshot seem to be of Derdriu and Fort Merceus. 

From Trailer 2 we know Garreg Mach and Riegan seem to be major battlegrounds, plus we also have Derdriu and Fort Merceus, plus Garreg Mach outskirts inferred.

I'd imagine Myrddin is also a likely battleground for its tactical value; and this only covers the eastern part of the country.

I'm not super worried at the moment and assuming all major battle missions have unique maps, then the count is probably sizeably decent...

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

At least the maps it will have will be actual FE locations and not whatever incoherent and underdeveloped generic fantasy drivel the original Warriors gave us.

That's one thing that really bugged me.

Like, even though they introduced a new nation in Aytollis, it had no identity of its own, the majority of locations were basically based on other games, from taking the Colloseum straight from Awakening, and having a Japanese/Europe split section for Fates.

It's this weird hodgepodge of locations that never really fits.

16 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Like, even though they introduced a new nation in Aytollis, it had no identity of its own, the majority of locations were basically based on other games, from taking the Colloseum straight from Awakening, and having a Japanese/Europe split section for Fates.

And if there goal was a weird hodgepodge of locations, they could have at least picked iconic ones. Like Port Toha, Conquest 10, the Opera House, Serenes Forest, etc.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

The worldbuilding around Aytollis was really, really, really bad. We didn't even know anything about Gristonne, not even where it and Aytolis were located. And any location not based on FE location where just a generic town, a generic forest or a generic cliffside. 

Its partially why I don't want a direct sequel for the original FE Warriors. There's just nothing you can do with that setting. 

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its an aspect I'm kinda worried about. Three Houses in general already didn't have many maps, and other recent Koei games like SW5 and WO4 got really lazy with the amount of stages. Most of the stages you see in screenshot seem to be of Derdriu and Fort Merceus. 

Well, to be fair, there's enough maps in Three Houses are enough for exactly one run through the game with an handful of route-exclusive maps; and you'll never see the same one (outside of Grondor Field) twice in the mandatory missions. But with the promotional content that's already been dropped: there's an ravine that's unaccounted for, along with an war breaking out inside of an city.

I'm kind of hoping that there's an lot more to this than just funneling you through an maze of city blocks. 

50 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Well, to be fair, there's enough maps in Three Houses are enough for exactly one run through the game with an handful of route-exclusive maps; and you'll never see the same one (outside of Grondor Field) twice in the mandatory missions. But with the promotional content that's already been dropped: there's an ravine that's unaccounted for, along with an war breaking out inside of an city.

Perhaps but since paralogues missions are kinda required to get the most out of the game you'll be seeing the same stages show up even if you do just one route. In BLue Lions for example you'll see that Kingdom village map at least three times, and the cliffside map two. There's also my particular pet peeve of the small amount of maps ensuring that tropical Brigid gets represented by a Fearghus pine forest. 

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The worldbuilding around Aytollis was really, really, really bad. We didn't even know anything about Gristonne, not even where it and Aytolis were located. And any location not based on FE location where just a generic town, a generic forest or a generic cliffside. 

Its partially why I don't want a direct sequel for the original FE Warriors. There's just nothing you can do with that setting. 

I imagine that, if we ever do get another crossover Warriors game, they'll probably invent another new nation rather than reuse Aytollis.

Perhaps their experience with Three Houses/Three Hopes will lead to a better try the second time around.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

I imagine that, if we ever do get another crossover Warriors game, they'll probably invent another new nation rather than reuse Aytollis.

Perhaps their experience with Three Houses/Three Hopes will lead to a better try the second time around.

Maybe, but I'm willing to believe that them having to make a crossover story is what made Aytollis so bad to begin with.

Love all the designs!! I think Annette and Felix are my favorite!! Felix ponytail looks so badass and Annette's little hat is *mwah* SO CUTE!! Also the music remix was amazing. Also it is REALLY nice to see all the non lord characters seen with more expressive animations and in actual good looking cutscenes. (No more cheap recycled animations for every character. We could acually see them have exclusive fight animations and expressions). Also, I am so looking forward to hearing all the new music remixes in this game, especially since Three Houses had such bangers already!! Changing them up and having different versions of them is gonna be so nice to hear after hearing the same tracks over and over again after playing 3 houses so much LOL Lastly, I really hope Hapi gets in as DLC.... thats all I want.

1 hour ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Love all the designs!! I think Annette and Felix are my favorite!! Felix ponytail looks so badass and Annette's little hat is *mwah* SO CUTE!! Also the music remix was amazing. Also it is REALLY nice to see all the non lord characters seen with more expressive animations and in actual good looking cutscenes. (No more cheap recycled animations for every character. We could acually see them have exclusive fight animations and expressions). Also, I am so looking forward to hearing all the new music remixes in this game, especially since Three Houses had such bangers already!! Changing them up and having different versions of them is gonna be so nice to hear after hearing the same tracks over and over again after playing 3 houses so much LOL Lastly, I really hope Hapi gets in as DLC.... thats all I want.

TRUE. Easily the best part of Three Hopes is the way this game will actually bother with its students. Even the OG Warriors despite it being a clone-fest did a good job at depicting the characters' personality and vibe.

14 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

At least the maps it will have will be actual FE locations and not whatever incoherent and underdeveloped generic fantasy drivel the original Warriors gave us.

That would be nice, as long as they don't emulate the map geometry to the point of creating an utter mess of a map that's unfun to navigate at all in a Warriors setting. Looking at you, Age of Calamity.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

That would be nice, as long as they don't emulate the map geometry to the point of creating an utter mess of a map that's unfun to navigate at all in a Warriors setting. Looking at you, Age of Calamity.

Really? I've spent a lot of time on Age of Calamity and found it's maps pretty straightforward.

I think the only one awkward to get through for me was Hyrule Castle.

Made a slight title update and added a poll. I'm probably going to reserve this topic for the other update videos as well when they come out in the coming weeks (updating the polls accordingly).

On the note of maps: their structure at first glance does appear to be that of the first FEW (with the outposts and fort arrangements), but I would prefer some maps to be a bit organic with their topography. It's been a while but I do feel like some sections in the Dark Castle in FEW had some readability issues in game itself when I compare it to how the map layout was meant to be.

I do have additional thoughts on a few things seen in the trailer, but I may divide my analysis between Character Bios and here depending on if the observations are character related or not.

For the Blions I'll probably use Annette the most since she's exceptionally adorable. 

I guess the other houses will follow the template of the movesets we see here with:
Petra being a swordfighter like Felix
Marianne being a light mage like Mercedes
Linhardt being a normal mage like Annette
Ignatz and Bernie being archers like Ashe
Lorenz and Ferdinant von Aegir being cavalries like Sylvain

Mercedes looks so good and Annette how adorable 20220515_035257.thumb.jpg.b517f9560bd730bdd8ef98a102ce37dd.jpg

U see the music notes how cute

Mercedes look so amazing im very  happy for her im ready to see Black Eagles honestly 

20220515_073642.thumb.jpg.4a505521544fd37b2aef54eecf158828.jpg