Character Trailers (Current: Leicester Alliance)

Questions of a Polling Nature  

22 members have voted

1. 1. You, me, Golden Deer, we could be great together...

• Claude
    • Lorenz
    • Hilda
    • Raphael
    • Lysithea
    • Ignatz
    • Marianne
    • Leonie
  2. 2. Favourite Eagle personal skill?

• Ablaze Status Attacks (Edelgard)
    • Detonatable Dark Spikes (Hubert)
    • Elemental Music Orbs (Dorothea)
    • On-Hit Attack Speed+ (Ferdinand)
    • Icy Enclosing Zone (Bernadetta)
    • Range/Might+ Charge Attacks (Caspar)
    • Wind Dodge Attack (Petra)
    • Wind Satellite Orbs (Linhardt)
  3. 3. Three Realms. Three Fates. Your Story...

• Scarlet Blaze (Empire)
    • Azure Gleam (Kingdom)
    • Golden Wildfire (Alliance)
    • (...surely they're hiding another route somewhere...?)
  4. 4. Favourite Deer personal skill?

• Shredded Status Attacks (Claude)
    • Rose Petal Gauge (Lorenz)
    • Thunder Attraction Charging (Hilda)
    • Chargeable Normal Attacks (Raphael)
    • Heartseeker / Knockback Explosions (Lysithea)
    • Knockback Elemental Paint (Ignatz)
    • Hit+ Snowball Rain (Marianne)
    • Standard Combination Pursuit (Leonie)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2022 at 02:00 PM

Fantastic new look for Marianne. Lysithea looks good too, but as with Dorothea, she looks too similar to her past designs.

I hate the hairstyles for Hilda, Ignatz and Leonie, though. That said, Ignatz's armor is pretty neat.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fear the Deer! 

They all look great to me! Raphael's bandana was NOT expected, but it hilariously works for his character. (And he went full Earthbending on some foes which was hilarious.)

Ignatz was the character I was worried the most about, but they did him justice. That armor looks good on him! 

And Marianne with her hair down! WOO! 

I had expected Leonie's hair to be a tad longer, but I like it how it is. 

Overall, I think the Golden Deer have the most redesigns I like. I'm not sure they'll win for the best glow-up for this game, but they definitely have the most consistent positives. 

Finally my house! I went with Golden Deer in my first 3H run so I'll be going with them again. I adore the other houses but Golden Deer always has a special place in my heart.

Marianne has the best new look I fear. The dark circles are still there, but less severe than her academy design. I like how they're showing her steady growth, as mental health is a long war. It's also nice to see her with her hair down! It just feels like a nice, fresh design. I also like her musou has her summoning Dorte to ram into the enemies.

Also, I don't see many people commenting on Lorenz and Ignatz's moves! Lorenz has a rose effect when he stabs and Ignatz has a paint splatter where his attacks land. It's pretty cool.

My quick trailer impressions:

* Claude doesn't show anything new other than the start of his musou.

* Hilda finally gets her personal shown, and honestly I think it's safer than Caspar's especially since her enemies seems to be stuck in stunlock while she's charging and they're getting sucked in.

* Raphael with the Pillar Men physique haha~ His N3 is a kick, C4 is a double uppercut generating tornadoes. Not sure what boosts the charging on all his attacks does, but I do hope he's got armour otherwise he'll be interrupted rudely. Amazing musou.

* Lysithea now has a hime cut and a ...slightly more form binding clothing? I'm not sure if her light spike normal projectiles function identically to the standard mage's energy balls, but we get to see Blizzard for the first time - though it's not quite a perfect match for the Magic combat art input...

Her personal is tricky to pin down, but there's that move that grants her dark magic particles, which seem to activate during her Aura (which seems to have a Charge Attack sound effect - the visual is blocked by the coalescence of dark magic) to cause enemies knocked back to explode with darkness when they hit the ground. Interesting how it doesn't activate on Blizzard, but note the latter isn't in her learned spells in 3H...

No idea if she's a mage, a monk, or gremory based on this though. Her featured crest is Gloucester (not Charon, interestingly), but it for some reason doesn't appear in her musou in the top magic summoning circle?? The dark magic circle does appear, for what it's worth. The musou actually looks like an Abraxas and a Hades Ω colliding, which is kinda cute.

* Lorenz takes Dark Knight to little surprise. His personal looks to be building rose petals from dealing damage, which he can then use at will to summon the rose petal tornado. I think his multistab attack is the opening part of his musou (he's Cavalier there and any other musou related snippet). Very strangely, there's no crest in the summon circle during the Sagittae in the middle of the normal string; but even weirder is the wind tornado slash (Windsweep...? It fits the description of 'Generate a cyclone' and the visual indicator in the Mercenary trailer) that for some reason has a dark magic summoning circle (which would be consistent with the class, but not Lorenz).

* I think Ignatz will get some sort of elemental imbue special arrow attack if we go by his learned Reason spell list (we just see the ice arrow attack), and he has quite solid horizontal coverage with it too. I do miss the quill in his cloak but doubling down on his artistry with colourful impact visuals is cool too I guess.

* Marianne really is Rinea and Berkut's daughter now~ Her musou summoning circle suffers the same issue as Lysithea's musou one (no crest, though she could be trying to suppress it being shown??), but it leads to a cute Fimbulvetr to Dorte(!!!) as we see later. We see Priest C4 and Maurice appears in her summoning circle this time. Her casting speed feels comparable to Linhardt's. Her personal seems to be ice orb (though they look like water bubbles) bombardment cover.

* Leonie has some sort of attack speed buff, but more interestingly she seems to cancel N5 back into N1 for Cavalier (compare with Sylvain; the strikes seem to match from Leonie's second hit), complete with an effect - maybe the ability to cancel her chain is intrinsically tied to attack speed up? Not sure what the metallic sounding knockback on the second N5 is but it's not ice.

===

I can't pin down the second half of the trailer music, it's clearly super heavily remixed from base (if not outright original).

Edited by tipperthescales

42 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Her featured crest is Gloucester (not Charon, interestingly)

I mean, it makes sense, the crest of Gloucester is related to magic, while Charon's appears during combat arts.

5 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

I mean, it makes sense, the crest of Gloucester is related to magic, while Charon's appears during combat arts.

Hmm, I wonder if we'll see Charon in Combat Art / Charge Attack activation for a physical class then.

~~~

In any case, moveset wise now:

Spoiler

Confirmed:
Armoured Lord
High Lord
Wyvern Master
Fluegel
Dark Mage (probably -> Dark Bishop)
Mage (probably -> Warlock)
Holy Knight
Archer (probably -> Sniper)
Brigand (probably -> Warrior)
Thief (probably -> Assassin)
Priest (probably -> Bishop)
Armour Knight (probably -> Fortress Knight)
Swordmaster (possibly <- Myrmidon?)
Cavalier (probably -> Paladin)
Pegasus Knight (probably -> Falcon Knight)
Dark Knight
Brawler (probably -> Grappler)

Probable:
Whatever class Lysithea is, if not Mage (Monk? Gremory?)
Soldier (as dismounted cavalry)
Fighter (enemy only?)
Wyvern Knight -> Wyvern Lord

Confirmed since the last post - Brawler, Dark Knight, and possibly Monk / Gremory (unless they did a reskin of Mage, but not convinced atm)

Lys looks to be a Gremory to me. I don't think they'd put so much emphasis on a light-dark dichotomy if she wasn't the class specifically intended to use both. It's also her canon promotion.

Glad to see I was right about Lorenz having Dark Knight, though a little disappointed Leonie's only been shown as a basic-ass Cavalier. Was hoping for Bow Knight as her default.

As for designs themselves, I really like Raph and Iggy's new designs. I also like the former yanking a rock out of the ground to swing and throw.

I think we can probably expect no Church video next week. I booted up my Switch and looked at the news feed, and Nintendo is only just now putting up the Three Hopes class trailers, lumped together. If they were going to do a Church trailer, it seems to me like they'd probably have waited a week and lumped it in too. And quotes like "to get a good idea of who's playable in the game, please watch the three videos at the bottom of this article" seem fairly damning.

That doesn't mean the faculty aren't happening. But if there is a big final SGF Nintendo Direct trailer for this game, it seems prudent to reveal the rest of the playable cast, if applicable, there.

But you know what? Even if there are NO more reveals and what we see is what we get before DLC, I am completely satisfied with that. Good on you, Koei.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think we can probably expect no Church video next week. I booted up my Switch and looked at the news feed, and Nintendo is only just now putting up the Three Hopes class trailers, lumped together. If they were going to do a Church trailer, it seems to me like they'd probably have waited a week and lumped it in too. And quotes like "to get a good idea of who's playable in the game, please watch the three videos at the bottom of this article" seem fairly damning.

That doesn't mean the faculty aren't happening. But if there is a big final SGF Nintendo Direct trailer for this game, it seems prudent to reveal the rest of the playable cast, if applicable, there.

But you know what? Even if there are NO more reveals and what we see is what we get before DLC, I am completely satisfied with that. Good on you, Koei.

For real??? Rip Church fans. That would explain why Nintendo didn't do it until the three essential trailers were out.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Remind me, was there ever a major faculty showcase during the 3H prerelease?

In any case we know that they intend to delve into something Shez related soon, plus Monica and a lot of the other characters seen but not accounted may still have a chance at being briefly discussed...

I'd be a bit disappointed in a DLC route, though still 50:50 on a hidden route in the game at this stage.

11 hours ago, Seazas said:

This trailer furthered my belief that there will be no recruitment in story. Best we'll have is in-house mingling out of story + endgame.

A shame, but it makes sense. Shez shouldn't have as much sway with people moving to another house as Byleth naturally would as a teacher.

2 hours ago, ThePrimeOne said:

A shame, but it makes sense. Shez shouldn't have as much sway with people moving to another house as Byleth naturally would as a teacher.

Exactly. Shez fundamentally doesn't work in a game with recruitment.  They're just a student to the point we see them wearing the basic uniform.

I actually do expect 2 more vids, one for the Church soldiers and one for new faces, i.e. Monica and Mr. Angry Almayran.

Cause here's the thing, there is one timeskip design we still need to see: Cyril's!
Even if all the other Church soldiers stay the same, he would actually have a different look for the same reason as the students!

The Church's existence also have me believe that Recruitment is still around since...how else you gonna get 'em? Flayn and Seteth probably auto-joins, maybe Jeralt too; but characters like Catherine, Shamir, and Alois were all optional. And would be crazy to not have them (Out of all the Hero Relic's to get cut, Thunderbrand???).

Maybe it won't be next week, but I do expect the vids to drop.

If anything, the house leader (Lord) is recruiting Shez, and it's not like Shez has a reason yet to be the recruit requirement for another character. ;P

===

Updated my musou attack playlist with the Deer:

A few other observations:

- Marianne / Priest C4 (assuming it's not a combat art) has the feather effects of Seraphim; also matched with Linhardt's (both have a double spin before casting).

- On listening again to Leonie's N5 sound effect and the impact of the enemies, there's an appearance of 'breaking' metal; hard to tell if it's an armour break or a weapon break without more information though. The same 'break' visual / sound effect occurs in a lot of other places both in this and other trailers:

Spoiler

(Announcement)
> Dimitri's N2, though it's triggering with whatever aura (not the blue one) Dimitri has at the time - as earlier in the same trailer it doesn't cause break;
(Mysterious Mercenary)
> Edelgard's multiple flaming uppercut swings (first hit) after her shield bash
> Dedue's shield slam that uses a shield icon;
> Claude's Adjutant position Partner Special before his finishing straight arrow;

(Adrestian Empire)
> Edelgard's teleport slash section in her musou (weirdly, only affecting the top right area of the enemy cluster);
> Hubert's Dark Spikes detonation;
> Bernadetta's arrow rain in her musou (visually it's hard to see, but the sound effect is quite clear);
> Ferdinand's turn around broad slash before the triple stab in his musou;
> Caspar's Sonic impression (i.e. landing on the ground after spin jumping) in his musou, and the ending hit of his charged charge attack;
> Petra's first dash strike in her musou;

(Holy Kingdom of Faerghus)
> Dedue's thrown axe in his musou;
> Felix's V strike in his musou;
> Annette's Excalibur-esque part of her musou;

(Leicester Alliance)
> Raphael's rock smash in his musou;
> Ignatz's personal paint arrow bombardment, but midway through the arrows' flight path, and also during the musou (just after the paintball impact);
> Marianne's initial faith magic bombardment and possibly also when Dorte charges into Fimbulvetr, both during her musou;
> Leonie's lance throw at the end of her musou.

Seems to be quite a regular occurrence, so is it a % chance? Other than Wrath Strike, what other guaranteed options are there to inflict this break?

All that flexing Raphael did kind of reminded me of this wario boss....I wish I did't remember that.

Spoiler

Red-Brief J SSBU Request by Elemental-Aura on DeviantArt

Other then that. Every golden deer member looks good at worst and great at best. Some like Lysithea and Lorentz are being a little safe, but other then that I like it. Ignatz got some nice armour and Marriane grew out her hair even if Ferdinand did't.

Got the polls working again following the advice from another member.

I've left polls open for longer as I don't think I'll be able to do the usual update next week if it does happen at the usual time (have something on).

The last question is meant to be a 'which route will you choose' though I tossed in the fourth option to see how many others think it may still happen :Lilina:

Oof, a double post.

Made a few description tweaks in the musou playlist, and added another poll question.

I'm probably not going to be able to be at a computer for the next planned update video / demo release (and why can't I embed YT / Twitter links in mobile view??? Please fix inVision) so I'm happy for someone to make a new topic for the next major news dump.

So, in regards to the demo, about how much content are we expecting?

Touken Ranbu had 5 missions of pathetic lengths ranging from 37 seconds(!!!) to a minute and a half. Just enough to try all the characters.

Samurai Warriors 5 had two missions. The first only allowed you to play Nobunaga, and the 2nd allowed for a couple more.

Age of Calamity was 2 missions and some side missions, ending right before the "route split" (you getting to choose which champion to recruit first). To me this feels the most reflective of what we could be getting.