Special Heroes: Bridal Blossoms

This year's bride/groom banner is indeed focused on Binding Blade! We're getting Lilina, Sophia, and Cecilia, along with Roy and Eliwood as a Harmonic unit, and Larum as the TT+ unit.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They literally put in Roy's possible wives as the non-Roy options ... but they chose already-has-an-alt-is-literally-his-teacher Cecilia over Sue, who doesn't have an alt.

... I think I need to lie down. The only good thing about this banner is the Roy and Eliwood Harmonic.

I wish Sue had been chosen over Cecilia or Sophia, just because both Cecilia and Sophia already had alts. But, oh well. I still like all the characters present here.

I know Lilina also already has alts, but in a banner like this with Roy...I wouldn't replace her.

9 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

I hope Lalum is a dancer

Her title is "Larum: Dancing Bride" so I think it's safe to assume that she's a dancer.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I like Cecilia, I like 4* seasonals, and I like color-sharing, and I'm still not sure if I'll bother summoning for her.

This feels like such a waste. A Roy+Eliwood duo makes perfect sense, but even that seems like an awkward fit here, and Lilina/Sophia/Cecilia really didn't need more seasonals anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

They literally put in Roy's possible wives as the non-Roy options ... but they chose already-has-an-alt-is-literally-his-teacher Cecilia over Sue, who doesn't have an alt.

IS did their usual "We NEED tits on this banner" approach.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The only good thing about this banner is the Roy and Eliwood Harmonic.

Baffling that didn't use FE6 Eliwood to fit in with the rest of the banner.  At least Groom Roy is an Axe Cavalier.

Edited by FailWood

So my prediction was right, huh? RIP Sue, I guess. I really like Lilina's art, but I have way too many blue mage cavs and this alt doesn't have Hardy Bearing built-in, so I'll just try to get Cecilia on my free summon and dip. 

Checking as units: 

• Bridal Lilina is a blue version of her Legendary alt, but trades the Hardy Bearing of Studied Forblaze for true damage. Still Water makes me wonder if they're going to release new versions of Life and Death that focus on other stat distributions (Fortress Def/Res included).
  • Bridal Sophia's prf is really simple. Advantage vs colorless foes and guaranteed follow-up. As a ranged flier she doesn't have many B-slot options, and the lower BST is going to hurt her. I can't see her being all that good due to the limitations of mage fliers. 
  • Bridal Cecilia is the 4* unit. If I'm reading it correctly her weapon has a partial Bonus Doubler effect, which is ok but easily counterable. I just hope she won't be super slow like her OG version. 
  • H!Roy has a stat spread of 39/38/42/30/25. Harmonic Skill is Blade tome effect. Roy's prf is pretty loaded with Slaying, dual effectiveness on Beasts and Dragons, Canto 2, Spectrum 5 and treating half of his stat bonuses as penalties for the enemy. Then we include his exclusive C skill which is an improved version of L!Roy's. It still has the same +6 atk/spd for beorc allies, but it now includes a Tempo effect if the 2 or more allies have +10 bonuses. Flow Force seems cool, as it gives half of NFU and penalty neutralization. 

Overall nothing super crazy, but Groom Roy seems pretty competent although not broken. 

We get a whole banner including the TT unit being Roy's potential romance options... while Roy himself gets his father looming over his shoulder. Why are IntSys such cowards?

Anyway, Larum's blatantly-obvious silhouette had me concerned for a while because my Orbs are still recovering, but after learning she's the TT unit I can safely say this banner is a hard skip.

On the bright side, those who don't have vanilla Larum finally have a dancer for their FE6 barracks.

9 minutes ago, FailWood said:

Baffling that didn't use FE6 Eliwood to fit in with the rest of the banner.  At least Groom Roy is an Axe Cavalier.

They couldn't use FE6!Eliwood because it's a Harmonic. Since it's definitely not FE7!Roy who's leading.

Damnit why did I call Larum and Sophia being fliers???

• Lilina looks like her Legendary form on paper, but missing the Hardy Bearing effect on her weapon in favor of mini-Iceberg is a shame, as she remains vulnerable to Vantage wielders (yes the SS exists, but still). Joint Dist. Guard is an interesting option on her, ARfar trace is honestly what I already have on her Leg form, and... Still Water? Huh... could have interesting applications being given to high Atk/Res low Def units who don't care about their Spd either way. Young Ilyana comes to mind... as do most Sabotage units.
  • Sophia coming with some good effects just for being healthy. Still don't have that high an opinion of Hold skills, but whatever not that big a deal. Why would they give a unit with an "above 25% HP" condition on their weapon a Push skill... sigh...
  • Guys... I think Cecilia will have a focus on Atk and Res. Just a guess. Add her on to the units with high Atk/Res and low Def I suppose...
  • Oh another Dragon/Beast effective weapon? That already makes Harmonic Roy a solid unit!
    Blazing Polearms also totes Canto 2, spectrum +5, and a penalty to the foe based on 50% of the total bonuses on Roy... that's just playing dirty.
    Flow Force could be nifty for the more Spd-focused Cav/Flier units who don't really want healing and don't really need Guard.
    Faith in Humanity is pretty loaded so long as you have humans on the team...
    Hm... Roy doesn't look right without a headband...
  • Larum is a Lance Flier. It seems likely she will have an inheritable Lance with similar effects to Cecilia's Bridal Orchid, possibly focusing on Def instead of Res (though honestly wouldn't mind focusing on Res, not enough melee weapons do that), and there is literally no reason not to think she won't be a Dancer (she is literally titled as Dancing Bride), so assuming that's correct she'll be the first Grail-available Flying Dancer (albeit not the first overall free Flying Dancer, as Peony still exists)

Hm... obviously I want Roy and Eliwood, but... I would not be opposed to getting Sophia as well... damn, I never even played her original game, why do I like her so much? Was it the spider plush that hooked me...?

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

...she'll be the first Grail-available Flying Dancer...

Actually not true. Dancer Eldigan exists... and is the same class as Bridal Larum, which is mildly worrying. It makes me wonder/hope that Larum's weapon will work with Atk/Spd instead of Atk/Def.

1 minute ago, Some Jerk said:

Actually not true. Dancer Eldigan exists... and is the same class as Bridal Larum, which is mildly worrying. It makes me wonder/hope that Larum's weapon will work with Atk/Spd instead of Atk/Def.

Ah... I completely forgot about him. Even checked the grail shop and TOTALLY passed him over.
Presumably it will work off Atk/Def unfortunately.

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

They couldn't use FE6!Eliwood because it's a Harmonic.

Right.  Guess I forgot because of seeing them so close to each other in age.

I wasn't sure they'd put most of Roy's potential wives in this banner until I saw Lilina and Sophia, and from there all I could do was laugh. RIP Sue, which really sucks.

Eliwood/Roy is hilarious, because Eliwood BETTER NOT BE ACTING LIKE A BACHELOR AT THIS POINT. Also, it's funny that we have more Bride alts from games that don't have the Bride class than the one game that does. (And despite Eirika having Bridal artwork in Awakening, I don't think she has a Bridal alt yet. Weird.)

Anyways, this is a pass for me. Chermi Leigh is almost enough to make me reconsider, but F!Rhea just gave me enough trouble, and I'd rather save orbs for the summer alts, the June New Heroes banner (which will most definitely be a Three Hopes promotional one), and CYL 6. 

Lilina is basically just a blue version of her Legendary version without Hardy Bearing, but with more damage. Her stat spread of 39/44/22/16/42 is an almost exact carbon copy of Legendary Lilina, who has 40/43/22/17/41 with max-minus-5 Dragonflowers.

Still Water is basically just Life and Death, but for Atk/Res instead of Atk/Spd. As it is right now, Bride Lilina is probably the only unit in the game that definitively wants the skill. Legendary Julia can also run it, but I think the extra Spd from Life and Death is more useful than the extra Res from Still Water.

Sophia is interesting. She's probably slow like her other versions, given that the bow pegasus doubles her, but her weapon grants +5 to all stats including Spd instead of inflicting the presumably more optimal -6 Atk/Res penalty on the opponent. This time around, she properly has a guaranteed follow-up on both phases on her weapon to open up her B slot and presumably make her viable on both phases. Also having the Litrraven effect on her weapon means that colorless bows have their Atk bonus reduced from 1.5× to the more manageable 1.2×. She comes with a new Hold skill.

Cecilia is the demote. Her weapon grants +5 Atk/Res and Bonus Doubler for Atk/Res only, which is pretty decent. The rest of her kit is unnoteworthy. Given that she fails to double the sword fighter in the video, she probably has middling Spd like her base version, which is a bit disappointing.

Roy unsurprisingly has a cohesive set of skills. Strong, but not exceptionally so. His weapon copies the effective damage against dragons and beasts from Brave Eliwood's weapon, grants Canto (2), +5 to all stats, and reduces the opponent's stats by half of his total Bonuses to a maximum of 6 (total Bonus of 12). His exclusive C skill grants himself and human units within 3 spaces +6 Atk/Spd in field buffs and grants himself the Tempo effect if there are at least 2 human units other than himself anywhere on the map with at least 10 points of total buffs. The field buffs from his C skill effectively fully activate both his weapon's effect and its own Tempo effect.

Flow Force is okay, but not super amazing. It has the same shared effect as the other Flow skills, and its unique effect nullifies penalties to Atk/Spd. It'll see some use for nullifying the debuffs from Bright Shrine and Atk/Spd Menace, but that's probably it. Flow Guard is still generally better.

Steady Surge once again comes on a unit that would rather prefer Surge Sparrow. It's now 2 for 2 on that. Gustav could've had it, but no, they wanted him to be a dual-phase unit.

Nothing on this banner looks like a must-have for me.

Lilina is generally useful, but I already have a +10 Legendary Lilina who doesn't need to run a Duel skill to be useful in the Arena.

Unless they seriously surprise me with Sophia or Cecilia's stats, both of them are probably going to end up as units that I just pull one copy of, except I'll probably get a bunch of copies of Cecilia pulling for my one copy of Sophia.

I'm probably going to try for a few copies of Roy for Resonant Battles. He seem useful in general, too.

Ugh, I kinda want that Lilina if only for the sake maintaining 100% Lilina completion. I absolutely won't be sparking for the Harmonic (or, hopefully, at all) this time though because I don't give nearly enough shits about either Roy or Eliwood (but mostly Roy).

But man, it would've been nice if this banner was given to either Valentia or Jugdral because Binding Blade didn't need another wedding banner to (almost) its self.

Also, it'd be nice if they also stopped giving Binding Blade all the seasonals while Blazing Blade just gets the leftover scraps. There was no reason why Fiora couldn't have been here in place of either Larum or Cecilia....but mostly Larum.

The usual translation things:

The banner name, "Bridal Blossoms" is "百花繚乱の花嫁" (hyakka ryōran no hanayome), which very roughly translates as "A Gathering of Blossoming Brides". The word "百花繚乱" (hyakka ryōran) literally translates as "a hundred flowers blooming in profusion" and is an idiom that can either be interpreted literally or can mean a gathering or sudden emergence of many talented people or achievements or, in this case, a gathering of beautiful women, both of which evoke the imagery of "blooming in abundance".

Lilina's epithet, "Beaming Bride", is "華燭の花嫁" (kashoku no hanayome), "Bride of Magnificent Lights". The word "華燭の典" (kashoku no ten), literally "ceremony of magnificent lights", means "wedding ceremony".

True-Love Roses is "一途な想いの薔薇" (ichizu na omoi no bara), "Roses of Earnest Love".

Still Water is "止水" (shisui), "Still Water". The word "明鏡止水" (meikyō shisui), literally "[like] a polished mirror and still water", is an idiom meaning "clear and serene". The first half, "明鏡" (meikyō), "clear mirror", is the word used for Warding skills, e.g. Warding Blow. The name of this skill is different from the wording used in Still-Water Balm, which is instead "静水の祝福" (seisui no shukufuku), "Blessing of Still Water". The word "止" (shi) means "stopped", whereas the word "静" (sei) means "calm" or "quiet".

Sophia's epithet, "Prescient Bride", is "未来を見る花嫁" (mirai o miru hanayome), "Bride That Sees the Future".

Dragon Bouquet is "竜血継ぐ花嫁の花" (ryūketsu-tsugu hanayome no hana), "Flowers of the Bride That Inherits the Blood of Dragons". Words.

Atk/Res Hold is "攻撃魔防の大牽制" (kōgeki-mabō no daikensei), "Atk/Res Great Restraint". The word "牽制" (kensei), "restraint", is the name of the Rein skill series. "大牽制" (daikensei), "great restraint", follows the same pattern as some other upgraded skill series, like Drive from Spur and Brazen from Defiant, which are "大紋章" (daimonshō, "Great Emblem") from "紋章" (monshō, "Emblem") and "大覚醒" (daikakusei, "Great Awakening") from "覚醒" (kakusei, "Awakening"), respectively.

Cecilia's epithet, "Etrurian Bride", is "エトルリアの花嫁" (etoruria no hanayome), "Etrurian Bride".

Bridal Orchid is "花嫁のカトレア" (hanayome no katorea), "Bride's Cattleya". Interestingly, the spelling for "cattleya" is more commonly "カトレヤ" (katoreya) instead of the "カトレア" (katorea) used here. Cattleya is a genus of orchid.

Roy's epithet, "Blazing Bachelors", is "双炎の花婿" (sōen no hanamuko), "Bridegrooms of Dual Flames".

Blazing Polearms is "紅炎の親子の聖斧" (kōen no oyako no seifu), "Holy Axe of the Parent and Child of Crimson Flames". The word "紅炎" (kōen), literally "crimson flame", can also mean "solar prominence".

Flow Force is "怒涛・不屈" (dotō: fukutsu), "Surging Waves: Fortitude". The word "怒涛" (dotō), "surging waves", is the name of the Flow skill series.

Faith in Humanity is "人の可能性を信じる" (hito no kanōsei o shinjiru), "I believe in the potential of man". Compare with Legendary Roy's Human Virtue, which is "人の可能性を!" (hito no kanōsei o!), "[I believe] in the potential of man!", and drops the "信じる" (shinjiru) that is understood in context.

Treachery is "強化ダメージ+" (kyōka damēji+), "Bonus Damage+". The word "強化" (kyōka) is the word used for the Bonus mechanic. The Japanese effect name should be interpreted as "boosted damage from Bonuses". Compare with Dominance, which is "敵弱化ダメージ+" (teki jakka damēji+), "Enemy Penalty Damage+", which should be interpreted as "boosted damage from enemy Penalties". Literal effect names.

Lalum's epithet, "Dancing Bride", is "舞い踊る花嫁" (mai-odoru hanayome), "Dancing Bride".

Bridal Sunflower is "花嫁の向日葵" (hanayome no himawari), "Bride's Sunflower".

Edited by Ice Dragon

Mm, Canto cavs are something I always want, but these aren't exceptional enough to pursue specifically for someone with my questionable orb stash. The other two are nothing units to me, even if I like Cecilia in general, this particular iteration doesn't look right.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Ah... I completely forgot about him. Even checked the grail shop and TOTALLY passed him over.
Presumably it will work off Atk/Def unfortunately.

You were right.

3RIYoMe.png

If Larum ends up with Balldigan's statline but better, I'm going to be immensely salty. Please be speedy Larum, it's what your vanilla form is all about...

Oh, nice. We're finally getting the Def/Res Form Sacred Seal, which is arguably the best Sacred Seal for Far Save tanks.

Atk Cantrip on Lalum is also pretty cool. It was previously only available from Summer Dorothea.

3 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

If Larum ends up with Balldigan's statline but better, I'm going to be immensely salty. Please be speedy Larum, it's what your vanilla form is all about...

I'm not worried about that. I honestly can't remember the last time they betrayed a units "canon" stat bases and growths.

This banner is a skip for me. I went ahead and summoned on the Fallen Banner, because I was holding of in case something was enticing to me here.

Roy seems interesting that he should in theory bust through Dragon Near Savers, but I'm skeptical of his survivability without Dodge or higher Res. I guess outside of Rhea there aren't many of those types of Near Savers with instant Specials, even Fallen Edelgard is shutdown because of the Tempo he has.

With Summoner Duels S coming up I guess people can have one team with Legendary Lilina and another with Bridal Lilina. It just reminds me of the powercreep and duplication of already busted units, which makes the game mode unbearable to someone who isn't dedicating their account to that type of thing.

21 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not worried about that. I honestly can't remember the last time they betrayed a units "canon" stat bases and growths.

Winter Eirika has terrible speed when she and all her FEH incarnations typically have high speed. I believe OG!Dimitri is much slower than his variants too (which is doubly hilarious since that's the only one on a horse).

But in general, yeah: they don't seem fond of messing with canon/ expected stats like that.

Something I didn't see mentioned yet: we finally have a formal name for the Bladetome effect: Treachery! It's a weird choice considering you're using your own buffs for extra attack (I would have thought Laegjarn's buff-stealing or Gunnthra's "I get boosts equal to your penalties" would be a better fit), but there we are!

Edited by DefyingFates

Treachery is a little bit different from Blade Tomes, isn't it?

Treachery: Deals dmg = bonus on unit
Blade Tome: Extra attack = bonus on unit.

If I'm not mistaken, Treachery reads as true dmg while Blade Tomes aren't.
It's closer to Dominance, but instead of penalty on foe, it checks bonus on unit.

Edited by Rinco

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Tiki, Ike, and Dimitri started with middling Spd and have gotten quite a bit faster.

Camus (if you include Sirius and Zeke) and Palla have stat spreads that are all over the place between versions. Alm's Spd also varies quite a bit from version to version.

The Morgans went from sub-par typical offensive stat spreads to slow and bulky.

And then there's Spring Maria.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Winter Eirika has terrible speed when she and all her FEH incarnations typically have high speed.

That happens to a lot of armor alts, like Winter Tharja, Male Grima, Winter Cecilia, and Valentine Robin. I wouldn't really count that against them, even if not all armor alts do this.

3 hours ago, Rinco said:

Treachery is a little bit different from Blade Tomes, isn't it?

Treachery: Deals dmg = bonus on unit
Blade Tome: Extra attack = bonus on unit.

If I'm not mistaken, Treachery reads as true dmg while Blade Tomes aren't.
It's closer to Dominance, but instead of penalty on foe, it checks bonus on unit.

Yes. Treachery and Dominance are damage boosts whereas the weapon effects are Atk boosts.

Speaking of which, I keep forgetting to translate new effect names in Duo/Harmonized skill effects. Lemme fix that.

EDIT: Added Treachery:

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Treachery is "強化ダメージ+" (kyōka damēji+), "Bonus Damage+". The word "強化" (kyōka) is the word used for the Bonus mechanic. The Japanese effect name should be interpreted as "boosted damage from Bonuses". Compare with Dominance, which is "敵弱化ダメージ+" (teki jakka damēji+), "Enemy Penalty Damage+", which should be interpreted as "boosted damage from enemy Penalties". Literal effect names.

Edited by Ice Dragon