Special Heroes: Bridal Blossoms

Lilina: Beaming Bride sounds fun.

Sophia: Prescient Bride is a Raven mage with dual phase guaranteed follow-up, so that is pretty nice.

Roy: Blazing Bachelors is a wallbreaker with basically a Blade tome. I think Counter-Vantage might be a bit more viable now with Dominance and Treachery, especially on Meister Weapons.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have to say I am still mad Larum is the freebie unit, if she was on the banner I could safely avoid her but no they have to give annoying girl taking my favorite unit Elphin's place in the game 2 versions while Elphin is still not in.  After this my dislike of Larum has reached an all time high.  I know I know Elphin wouldn't fit in on this on this banner but dang it I would have no problem with this TT unit choice  if Sue was in place of Larum.  Anyway I will be trying for Roy and Lilina.

I expect Bridal Cecilia to be this gen's Summer Mercedes: high Atk/Res, low Spd/Def.

For Larum... I except nice Spd and Res, with low Def which will be "fixed" with her lance that can grant Def+11 during combat. She should be... 167-168 BST? Since dancers are usually 10 BST points behind current gen units of the same class (Fallen Ninian is 171-172 BST, while others infantry dragons like Medeus are 182-183).

Edited by Diovani Bressan

55 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

She should be... 167-168 BST? Since dancers are usually 10 BST points behind current gen units of the same class (Fallen Ninian is 171-172 BST, while others infantry dragons like Medeus are 182-183).

Modern dancers have -8 points of stats at level 1 and -5 points of growth rates relative to other units of the same class, so yeah, that should come out to an average -10.223 points lower than non-dancers.

7 hours ago, Rinco said:

Treachery is a little bit different from Blade Tomes, isn't it?

Thank you very much! The name is still curious though, since it's still about getting benefits from the unit or their team's own abilities...

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And then there's Spring Maria.

Yeah xD Thank you for your post too, Ice Dragon!

Roy's kit can pull off Galeforce without much trouble but he wants Spd than Def in his A slot but that can be off loaded to his seal slot since he's got everything you'd want in a Galeforce initiator. The in-combat debuff on the enemy might work against him though as you want your WoM anchor to take enough damage to allow teammates to warp in. 

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tiki, Ike, and Dimitri started with middling Spd and have gotten quite a bit faster.

Camus (if you include Sirius and Zeke) and Palla have stat spreads that are all over the place between versions. Alm's Spd also varies quite a bit from version to version.

The Morgans went from sub-par typical offensive stat spreads to slow and bulky.

And then there's Spring Maria.

1. I don't know if you mean within Heroes or not, but Ike and Dimitri at the very least are both pretty fast in their original games (PoR Ike anyway, which may have bled into his Fallen RD appearance), Tiki I can't comment on due to not really knowing what is considered "fast" in the Archanean games.
  2. Between Camus alt personalities Zeke is the one that stands out the most due to abnormally low Spd and quite high Res, which is a direct betrayal to his actual Echoes depiction and even his Gaiden depiction (all around good growths in everything except Str and Res, which is largely offset by his great base stats). Palla and Sirius, again, I cannot properly comment on.
  3. The two Morgans are based off their depictions in The Future Past, which may have had influence on their Fallen depictions. Sorcerer and Wyvern Lord, the classes used in TFP, are characterized with higher attacking and defensive stats (though I remember Wyvern Lord not having that good Res) but lower Spd... stats which were built on in the Heroes depictions.
  4. I frequently forget about Maria. I honestly don't remember the last time I even saw her...
Edited by Xenomata

Pretty nice selection of characters overall even if it's kind of silly that Binding Blade gets so many brides while the more modern games which are more commonly associated with shipping get 2 brides (in the case of Fate and Awakening) or even 0 brides.

I will definitely pull for that Roy and for Lilina. Screw it, I will pull for everyone.

Sue got absolutely robbed tho. I hope they gave her a Bridal alt in the future to complete the collection.

4 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well I have to say I am still mad Larum is the freebie unit, if she was on the banner I could safely avoid her but no they have to give annoying girl taking my favorite unit Elphin's place in the game 2 versions while Elphin is still not in.  After this my dislike of Larum has reached an all time high.  I know I know Elphin wouldn't fit in on this on this banner but dang it I would have no problem with this TT unit choice  if Sue was in place of Larum.  Anyway I will be trying for Roy and Lilina.

They probably went out of their way to give Larum the free unit spot because the only dancer option for Binding Blade specific content (such as Limited Hero Battles) is her base self who is super rare and not F2P friendly.

This of course ignores the other games still missing a F2P friendly dancer (Thracia... Threee Houses...) but it's a start?

24 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't know if you mean within Heroes or not,

I'm referring just to Heroes because stat spreads from the source games don't usually transfer particularly well into Heroes due to the restriction that units have similar stat totals to each other. While most alts tend to stay true to how the unit was previously depicted in Heroes, the units I mentioned in my previous post differ quite a bit.

However, even if you do consider "canon" to be the source game instead of the unit's first appearance in Heroes, you still end up with some units with very non-canon stat spreads, like Florina, Ephraim, Ike, Lyon, and Mediuth all having significantly lower Spd stats. Florina and Lyon can perhaps be attributed to the fact that they are weighed down by their weapons, but it's harder to argue that for Ephraim, Ike, or Mediuth.

You also have the fact that most modern units in Heroes end up needing to be min-maxed in some way in order to actually be relevant, which results in units being forced into one of only a few stat spread archetypes, and the one chosen might not accurately represent their stat spread in their source game.

Me, before the banner: I don't need to save orbs. I can relax now that I have some of the Fallen heroes I wanted. I'm not too into the bridal banners anyway.

Me, watching the banner trailer: Ah, FE6 again? Ok, I really can just skip this.

Me, seeing who's on the banner: Lilina, huh? Not surprising. It's fun to imagine poor Hector in tears seeing his girl in a wedding dress, though. What a sweet moment. Okay, Sophia. No interest. Cecilia? Aw, okay, her voice actress delivered that line well, but still an easy skip.

Eliwood + Roy drops: *gets choked up at the sweet bond of the groom and his father in this tender moment, especially that "it's your turn to shine!' from supportive dad Eliwood, must summon* Darnit.

38 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Eliwood + Roy drops: *gets choked up at the sweet bond of the groom and his father in this tender moment, especially that "it's your turn to shine!' from supportive dad Eliwood, must summon* Darnit.

Yeah, those two brought me right to the cusp of summoning myself, so I can't blame you xD If the Paralogue is just as wholesome as the trailer implies it'll be, I'm doomed too 😛

40 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Cecilia? Aw, okay, her voice actress delivered that line well, but still an easy skip.

Cherami Leigh is one of the best VAs. Ever. I don't blame you for liking her delivery either!

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm referring just to Heroes because stat spreads from the source games don't usually transfer particularly well into Heroes due to the restriction that units have similar stat totals to each other. While most alts tend to stay true to how the unit was previously depicted in Heroes, the units I mentioned in my previous post differ quite a bit.

However, even if you do consider "canon" to be the source game instead of the unit's first appearance in Heroes, you still end up with some units with very non-canon stat spreads, like Florina, Ephraim, Ike, Lyon, and Mediuth all having significantly lower Spd stats. Florina and Lyon can perhaps be attributed to the fact that they are weighed down by their weapons, but it's harder to argue that for Ephraim, Ike, or Mediuth.

You also have the fact that most modern units in Heroes end up needing to be min-maxed in some way in order to actually be relevant, which results in units being forced into one of only a few stat spread archetypes, and the one chosen might not accurately represent their stat spread in their source game.

In the case of comparing past versions of Heroes units to current versions of Heroes units, then yes there are certainly early examples of a unit having very different stats to a later version.

Spoiler

Dimitri is the only one first mentioned I'm iffy on, since I'm not sure if his depiction in Heroes had taken his growth in Three Houses in mind. Ephraim is very hard to make any argument for, Siegmund is not even that heavy when taking his Constitution in mind. Ike I'm pretty sure only had clunkier Spd in his original depictions because of Smash Bros, where he had strong high-knockback attacks but sluggish action speed and movement, while Medeus is interesting... if I'm reading right, he didn't have any Spd worth speaking of in the original Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light or Mystery of the Emblem, which is very obviously not true in the remakes but is, as stated, interesting...
But that's beyond the point of the discussion.

In practice (from my point of view) the units current depictions in Heroes use their original versions from the mainseries games as a starting point for the base version (as an example Caeda having high Spd, alright Res when considering how Res worked, but low Atk and Def, known for using the Wing Spear, which somehow turns into having an Armorslayer sword because... I guess otherwise there wouldn't be enough Sword Fliers or something?) and as time goes on later versions of the same character begin to carve more of a niche for themselves in Heroes (Caeda's Atk gets higher, Spd gets higher, defensive stats remain somewhat wanting, she is now known for having effective damage and/or a near-permanent Vantage against the enemies she has effective damage toward). With the help of additional effects like automatic followups or Desperation, or especially in the case of the Slaying effect emulating high Critical Hit chances, they can somewhat bring the Heroes depiction closer to the original and even forego some stats in favor of the effects... but that's about the best they can do, it's otherwise up to the devs and player what will happen to these units.

Odd exceptions do exist (how Maria went from being a wet paper bag to being Stronger and Tougher than Arden is probably not a detail I want or need to know) but at least in the case of Larum: Dancing Bride, there is absolutely no reason for her not to have at least ehhh HP/alright Atk/great Spd/lowish Def/lowish-to-middling Res.

She's also on a Pegasus. Odd detail, but her base statline does match how most Pegasus Knights are depicted in Heroes.

Edited by Xenomata

7 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

They probably went out of their way to give Larum the free unit spot because the only dancer option for Binding Blade specific content (such as Limited Hero Battles) is her base self who is super rare and not F2P friendly.

This of course ignores the other games still missing a F2P friendly dancer (Thracia... Threee Houses...) but it's a start?

Oh I understand why I was just assuming that if Elphin gets added he would be the F2P friendly dancer for Binding Blade because I know he isn't highly popular and thus him being grail or 4* makes the most sense. 

I also agree with you that there are several games that lack a F2P friendly dancer or in TMS's case any dancer for that matter.

Its not really the Roy alt I wanted, but its  a Roy alt and his art is top tier. So all in on that unit. He seems to be able to completely dunk on Feddelgard so thats a nice added bonus.

This is the second time Cecilia has a banner theme I did't want her to be in, but she'll be easy to get so I might as well try for her. But a 4 star, seasonal red tome? What sorcery is this? The last easy to get was Lorentz crappy tome if I recall correctly. 

Ceclila being my fallback unit means I have some chances to get Sophia too. no complaints there. I like Lilina too, but she will probably be my skip for this banner.

The character introductions are out, and as is fairly typical, we get a Sharena drawing of what each of the girls' outfits look like from behind. Eliwood and Roy get a drawing of their outfit without the jacket to show off what their waistcoats look like, which I think is a first (but I don't pay enough attention to know for sure). Male Special Heroes often do get a drawing of the back of their outfit, but for some reason, none of the male characters on previous bride banners did (perhaps there was nothing out of the ordinary to show off, but then Caspar and Sylvain don't either and still get a back drawing).

roy_blazing_bachelors_info02.png roy_blazing_bachelors_info03.png

lilina_beaming_bride_info02.png cecilia_etrurian_bride_info02.png

sofiya_prescient_bride_info02.png lalum_dancing_bride_info03.png

10 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Oh I understand why I was just assuming that if Elphin gets added he would be the F2P friendly dancer for Binding Blade because I know he isn't highly popular and thus him being grail or 4* makes the most sense. 

I also agree with you that there are several games that lack a F2P friendly dancer or in TMS's case any dancer for that matter.

You could make a whole book listing the things TMS lacks in Heroes compared to other games smh.

The datamine cometh.

Spoiler

dQWKpR0.jpg

Lilina: 39-/44/22/16-/42+, 163 BST

Sophia: 38-/40+/19/36+/34-, 167 BST

Cecilia: 40-/41+/25+/18/38+, 162 BST, Ruse at 4*

Roy: 39-/38/42-/30-/25+, 174 BST

Larum: 38+/32/40+/26-/31, 167 BST, cantrip at 4*

Edited by Some Jerk

By some stroke of rare luck, my free summon got me Roy + Eliwood. I'm extremely happy about that.

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Reminder that this was a thing that IS gave us a couple months ago:

So if we get Binding Blade brides for a third time next year, I guess we can pencil in Fir in addition to Sue.

The link isn't loading, what is it?

27 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The link isn't loading, what is it?

That manga page where Hector, Bartre, and Seteth (plus Michalis but in regards to his sisters) all got weak kneed at the prospect of their daughters getting married.

Hector also specifically mentioned the bridal festival.

11 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its also funny imagining him chasing Roy and any other would be groom with an axe. 

True! Poor guy doesn't know what to do with all these feelings. XD Meanwhile, poor Eliwood, as always... "Um, Hector, you're my best friend and I respect you a lot, but could you please not murder my son?"

I'm just imagining an IntSys representative off to the side pointing a shotgun at Eliwood, holding up a sign that says, "No canonizing allowed."

...Seriously, that Paralogue. The lengths to which the story goes to sidestep the elephants in the room are so amazing that I couldn't decide whether to groan or laugh.

Anyway, did a full wheel with my free pull, and I ended up with a B!Sophia (+Def/-Res). I have zero idea what I'm going to do with her or her Atk/Res Hold.

Edited by Some Jerk

18 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I'm just imagining an IntSys representative off to the side pointing a shotgun at Eliwood, holding up a sign that says, "No canonizing allowed."

...Seriously, that Paralogue. The lengths to which the story goes to sidestep the elephants in the room are so amazing that I couldn't decide whether to groan or laugh.

Anyway, did a full wheel with my free pull, and I ended up with a B!Sophia (+Def/-Res). I have zero idea what I'm going to do with her or her Atk/Res Hold.

It’s weird because in Nils forging bonds they already all but stated Ninian remained with Eliwood.

Aw heck. Okay, so I just finished playing through the paralogue maps and

Spoiler

It was really awkward at first, but Roy is such a good son. Oh man. I spent every orb I could so far trying to summon him, but still nothing (ironically, I got a couple of copies of Ross: His Father's Son, though.) Still, these two are so wholesome, I HAVE to summon them. What a good father-son duo.

Edit:

Also, saw that bit on YouTube about Roy talking with Eliwood as they're getting ready for the festival. It was so overwhelmingly sweet!

Edited by Mercakete