• Ingrid
    • Ashe
    • Mercedes
    • Annette

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dedue's is my favorite, Annette's least favorite. She looks like she's a baker rather than a fighter.

It's not a bad outfit on its own, but it doesn't fit her as someone in battle, IMO.

My favourite would probably have to be Mercedes; it looks like a perfect 50/50 mix between her pre-timeskip and post-timeskip appearances, and the dress looks good. Felix is probably a close second if only because his appearance reminds me a lot of the character Hijikata Toshizou from Golden Kamuy whenever that show has a flashback to when Hijikata was young.

My least favourite would have to be Ingrid. I don't get what it is; Ingrid is very beautiful, and yet, aside from her pre-timeskip Three Houses hairstyle, every hairstyle that IS and Koei Tecmo keeps giving her is absolutely awful and ill-fitting. I understand wanting to shorten her hair for battle, but no one in Fire Emblem ever wears chain mail so there's nothing for her long hair to get caught on, and he wears her long hair pre-timeskip in a braid anyway.

Just now, vanguard333 said:

My favourite would probably have to be Mercedes; it looks like a perfect 50/50 mix between her pre-timeskip and post-timeskip appearances, and the dress looks good. Felix is probably a close second if only because his appearance reminds me a lot of the character Hijikata Toshizou from Golden Kamuy whenever that show has a flashback to when Hijikata was young.

My least favourite would have to be Ingrid. I don't get what it is; Ingrid is very beautiful, and yet, aside from her pre-timeskip Three Houses hairstyle, every hairstyle that IS and Koei Tecmo keeps giving her is absolutely awful and ill-fitting. I understand wanting to shorten her hair for battle, but no one in Fire Emblem ever wears chain mail so there's nothing for her long hair to get caught on, and he wears her long hair pre-timeskip in a braid anyway.

I disagree on the front that it's "ill-fitting". Ingrid absolutely is the type of girl to cut her hair when given a choice. She's not a Dorothea where she's primarily focused on beauty.

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

I think it's fitting of Ingrid. She's canonically really bad at makeup and grooming, and other characters do tease her and offer help.

Just now, Seazas said:

I disagree on the front that it's "ill-fitting". Ingrid absolutely is the type of girl to cut her hair when given a choice. She's not a Dorothea where she's primarily focused on beauty.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think it's fitting of Ingrid. She's canonically really bad at makeup and grooming, and other characters do tease her and offer help.

That's the reason I immediately clarified that, while I would understand cutting her hair for practicality, her pre-timeskip hair wasn't actually impractical as it's already braided to avoid getting in the way. I admit that "ill-fitting" was a poor choice of words, but I think my overall point still stands.

Honestly, her Three Hopes hair would probably get in the way more than her pre-timeskip hair since it isn't even cut short; it's a strange middle-ground between her pre-timeskip hair's length and post-timeskip, but without the braid keeping it behind her.

10 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

That's the reason I immediately clarified that, while I would understand cutting her hair for practicality, her pre-timeskip hair wasn't actually impractical as it's already braided to avoid getting in the way. I admit that "ill-fitting" was a poor choice of words, but I think my overall point still stands.

Honestly, her Three Hopes hair would probably get in the way more than her pre-timeskip hair since it isn't even cut short; it's a strange middle-ground between her pre-timeskip hair's length and post-timeskip, but without the braid keeping it behind her.

Ingrid is already super stylized in outfit choice. She might not have cut it for practically reasons, she probably did it to try something new or something akin to distancing herself from her past and grow more as someone of her own.

Best: Mercedes, IMO. I think this is easily Mercedes best design to date. I never really clicked with either of her designs in the base game, but this one hits for me. I have to give it the nod for just how much of a glowup it is.

Worst: Sylvain. He just looks like a fuckboy. This isn't really anything new to be fair, but I continue to not like it. Dishonourable mention to Ingrid, I think it's worse than either of her base game designs, however, I can at least see where they were going with it as a midpoint between the two, and it doesn't look quite as bad as Sylvain.

1 minute ago, Ether said:

Worst: Sylvain. He just looks like a fuckboy. This isn't really anything new to be fair, but I continue to not like it. Dishonourable mention to Ingrid, I think it's worse than either of her base game designs, however, I can at least see where they were going with it as a midpoint between the two, and it doesn't look quite as bad as Sylvain.

So it's accurate then? Sylvain is an unlikeable fuckboy.

But yeah. Easily his worst look, because he also looks like a slovenly, unkempt brute this time (in clear reference to his brother).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

9 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Ingrid is already super stylized in outfit choice. She might not have cut it for practically reasons, she probably did it to try something new or something akin to distancing herself from her past and grow more as someone of her own.

Okay. Her hairstyle is still ugly.

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

But yeah. Easily his worst look, because he also looks like a slovenly, unkempt brute this time (in clear reference to his brother).

He doesn't look like his brother; there's no spikes, horns or fangs to speak of.

Yeah, I agree. It's also rather weird because, you'd think that after what Sylvain went through, he'd want to avoid resembling his brother as much as possible.

Ashe is probably my favourite, and while I like everyone's new designs, Felix's portrait definitely looks the most off to me. His in-game model and fan art look great by comparison.

Edited by ThePrimeOne

While I generally like them, most of them have something that bothers me, so I guess Ingrid's, as the only one without anything I dilike, gets to be my favourite. Kind of a weird feeling, because other designs have details that I really like, but the negative parts makes me feel kinda mixed about them, while Ingrid is just fine, even if I don't adore anything in particular.

My vote for least favourite goes to Ashe, with Felix as a dishonorable mention, can't stand their hair (though I'm slowly getting used to Felix).

As for as who got the best glow up its definitely Merci. Neither of her two designs really clicked with me.

I think Ashe and Dedue look mostly the same. There's some difference but only minor ones. So I'm mostly neutral on them.

Sylvain and Dimitri are my least favorite. Sylvain's armor just looks way too bulky, and Dimitri is too big a downgrade from hobo Dimitri.

52 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Okay. Her hairstyle is still ugly.

He doesn't look like his brother; there's no spikes, horns or fangs to speak of.

Yeah, I agree. It's also rather weird because, you'd think that after what Sylvain went through, he'd want to avoid resembling his brother as much as possible.

You'll get used to it, I promise. She already looks fairly good in fanart you know, the artists who know what they're doing. 

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As for as who got the best glow up its definitely Merci. Neither of her two designs really clicked with me.

I think Ashe and Dedue look mostly the same. There's some difference but only minor ones. So I'm mostly neutral on them.

Sylvain and Dimitri are my least favorite. Sylvain's armor just looks way too bulky, and Dimitri is too big a downgrade from hobo Dimitri.

I actually like Dimitri's design, but Hobo Dimitri was so fundamentally perfect that I can't imagine anything they could possibly do actually topping it.

I don't think Claude faced that kind of uphill battle, because I actually don't like his timeskip getup, and the new design is a phenomenal improvement.

But Edelgard? Oh boy. Spoilers, I easily see Magical Girl Hresvelg winning worst BE design from me this Friday, unless one of the other students REALLY fucks up.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

It's a tie between Dimitri, Mercedes, Annette, and Dedue for best, but I voted Dimitri since I felt like he wouldn't get the votes. 

The worst is easily Sylvain IMO. It's a downgrade from both of his Three Houses designs and it feels more in-line with Miklan, who is a TERRIBLE person to come to mind. 

The best design for me would have to be Mercedes. Easily an improvement from her Three Houses design imo. 

Worst design for me would have to be Annette, for the same reason that @twilitfalchion lists in his reply.

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Annette's least favorite. She looks like she's a baker rather than a fighter.

It's not a bad outfit on its own, but it doesn't fit her as someone in battle, IMO.

Everybody else looks pretty good to me regarding their Three Hopes redesigns (Yes, that includes Sylvain), so there's no complains from me for the rest of the Blue Lions cast, except for maybe Dimitri himself.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Hobo Dimitri was so fundamentally perfect that I can't imagine anything they could possibly do actually topping it.

@Fabulously Olivier I don't mind Dimitri's Three Hopes design, but it'll certainly take a little getting used to because I really liked Dimitri's Time-skip "Hobo" design in Three Houses. Definitely the biggest design change from the original game out of all the characters in Three Houses imo. I'm going to miss that eyepatch and "Blond Male Byleth hair" that really perfected his "Hobo" look, along with that black + blue armor. That design was easily my favorite in the entire game, bar none.

Mercedes is definitely my favorite new design. I might even go so far as to say it's her best design, being above both of her Three Houses designs, and I like her Three Houses designs. Her Three Hopes design is really just that good.

Ingrid is my least favorite of the new Blue Lions designs. I will say that I have gotten used to it, I really disliked the new design when they first revealed it but I don't necessarily dislike it so much anymore. It isn't necessarily a bad design, but it isn't all that great of one, either. It seems somewhat off to me and it's entirely because of the hair.

Dimitri and Annette both look good. I really like what they've done with them. Ashe, Felix, Sylvain, and Dedue all look pretty similar to how they do in Three Houses, more so than the rest of the Blue Lions. They each only have a slight difference in hairstyle. Or, in Dedue's case, facial hair. Even with only those slight, subtle differences, though, I really like how all of them look, they all got good redesigns. Even Sylvain. I'm honestly surprised to see Sylvain's design being disliked so much by a lot of people.

1. Mercedes
2. Dimitri
3. Annette
4. Ashe
5. Felix
6. Sylvain
7. Dedue
8. Ingrid