• Edelgard
    • Hubert
    • Ferdinand
    • Petra
    • Dorothea
    • Bernadetta
    • Linhardt
    • Caspar

Honestly this is the opposite of the BL, I didn’t really care for any of their while here I don’t really dislike any. Bernie’s pin up bangs match so well with her panic. I didn’t really care for Casper’s in houses but I don’t think he is too bad here.

My favorite are Petra and Dorothea. Petra takes after her amazing post timeskip design, and Dorothea looks very stylish.

Least favorite are Edelgard and Caspar. With Edelgard they seem to remove a lot of her Hardin inspired design traits which was a great aspect of her. The new design looks more generic without as strongly defined color scheme. Caspar meanwhile just has horrible hair now, and not in a charming way like Ignatz or post timeskip Ferdinant. 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

My favorite are Petra and Dorothea. Petra takes after her amazing post timeskip design, and Dorothea looks very stylish.

Least favorite are Edelgard and Caspar. With Edelgard they seem to remove a lot of her Hardin inspired design traits which was a great aspect of her. The new design looks more generic without as strongly defined color scheme. Caspar meanwhile just has horrible hair now, and not in a charming way like Ignatz or post timeskip Ferdinant. 

I basically agree with all of this. I mean, I still like Edelgard a lot because I think Edelgard's design would be striking regardless, but it's definitely not as cool/unique as her post-TS outfit.

Really happy with how the Eagles have turned out overall, though - they're my faves and they've been done justice.

I'm happy with how they came out, the only one I dislike is Hubert.

Edelgard looks more cute than cool, but it's a great design anyway. I'm not fully convinced of Ferdinand's coat, too ceremonial imo, but it looks good, Petra is great, looks like both an assassin and a queen. Dorothea seems... pretty similar to her time skip design, which is fine. Bernadetta's hair really suits her, Linhardt is a clear improvement to me, and even if I don't really like Caspar's hair, it's not so bad that it makes me dislike it. 

Petra is the best for me, she looks gorgeous. Queen cannot help but slay, the battlefield is just her runway, and you my friend, are in her way. Worst is Caspar. Mans licked an electrical outlet smh

Bernie looks ridiculous and silly and on anyone else I would hate it, but it's so Bernie that I love it.

Linhardt, although it's really a four-way tie between him, Ferdinand, Petra, and Edelgard. 

Linhardt, Ferdie, and Dorothea really feel like mid-evolution designs done well, but Dorothea's hair is so similar to her other designs that it doesn't mean much for me. But her design has always been good, so it's hard for her to move up, and unless it's really bad it won't move down. 

I never really liked Linhardt's hair, but the ponytail works wonders on him, which is why I voted for him. 

Ferdinand's hair and design is a true middle ground. 

Caspar went from one of the best glow-ups in Three Houses to the most hilarious glow-down so far in Three Hopes. I bet they chose this design to make him look more similar to who we believe is Count Bergliez, but now he just looks like who we believe to be Holst...which makes shipping him with Hilda even weirder than the trailers have already made it out to be. 

Honestly, my favourite redesign is probably Hubert. The messy hair and the robes do fit him very well. Dorothea is a close second.

My least favourite is redesign is Linhardt. It doesn't look bad, but his hairstyle, especially in his portrait, makes him look like his female classmates. Seriously; I would've preferred his and Ingrid's hairstyles be swapped around. His outfit does look good, though; I'll give him that.

Everyone else is generally okay. I don't mind Caspar's redesign but it's not great. Bernadetta's redesign looks a bit strange but it fits her. Ferdinand's redesign is a bit bland. Petra's design is okay. I'm not sure what I think of Edelgard's design; not really a fan of the short cape, but the armour and the hairstyle look okay I guess.

Edited by vanguard333

I don't really have any strong reactions here. I guess Ferdinand would be my least favorite because he looks pretty plain. Then I'll vote for Edelgard as my favorite design, Dorothea would be second.

I gotta give it to Dorothea, I think this might be my favorite of her designs. She's definitely the winner for me, and Petra is the runner-up.

I like Ferdinand's and Linhardt's new designs, too. They feel very fitting and they look good. And, as much as I don't like Hubert as a character, I have to admit that this is probably his best design.

My least favorites are definitely either Bernadetta's or Caspar's. I don't deny that Bernie's is fitting of her character...I just don't like it. As for Caspar, again, I really just don't like it. Between the two, I think Caspar's is at the bottom.

1. Dorothea
2. Petra
3. Ferdinand
4. Linhardt
5. Edelgard
6. Hubert
7. Bernadetta
8. Caspar

Caspar could have been much worse. There was another character who did the Shounen protag hair, and we don't talk about him. Rowan? What Rowan? Definitely never existed and hearing them speak definitely wasn't like blending a nail and chalkboard smoothie (and then having to drink it!)

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

49 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Caspar could have been much worse. There was another character who did the Shounen protag hair, and we don't talk about him. Rowan? What Rowan? Definitely never existed and hearing them speak definitely wasn't like blending a nail and chalkboard smoothie (and then having to drink it!)

lmao, so true. Caspar does the shounen protag vibe better.

For my favorite, I'd have to say Ferdinand von Aegir. I believe it strikes a perfect middle ground between his pre and post time-skip designs from Three Houses (Though I will miss his beautiful mane from Part 2).

As for my least favorite, it would have to be Petra's redesign. Just something about that hair net thing that I don't like. 

As for Edelgard, I'm just glad they didn't incorporate her rather unpleasant Part 2 design into this game. Though she does rank towards the bottom of my favorite redesigns.

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Really happy with how the Eagles have turned out overall, though - they're my faves and they've been done justice.

On the contrary, I like how the Blue Lions (my favorite house) turned out. Even my least favorite redesign from that group has a few positive aspects. They definitely did the Lions justice with the redesigns imo. Though I will say that I like most of the redesigns of the Black Eagles. Pretty solid looks for them I'd say. 

Looking forward to seeing the Golden Deer redesign cast video when it comes out. 

15 minutes ago, CyberZord said:

As for Edelgard, I'm just glad they didn't incorporate her rather unpleasant Part 2 design into this game. Though she does rank towards the bottom of my favorite redesigns.

What was it that you found unpleasant about Edelgard's post-timeskip design? I thought it fit her and gave her a commanding presence.

Edited by vanguard333

Petra for best. Didn't really want to vote anyone for worst because I think they basically all look better than they did in Three Houses, but I put it on Caspar because I still think he just looks the stupidest in general.

After getting a look at the portraits, my thoughts have changed slightly. While I still am not a big fan of Petra`s fishnet hairpiece, it looks a lot better upon a closer look. I did not notice Caspar has a scar now, and I actually like his hairstyle less looking at it again. Bernadetta`s animations perfectly reflect her character.

Favorite: Linhardt wins by a hair because I really like his. Petra is a close second. Dorothea is still good, but a bit "more of the same", so it wasn't as interesting to discover. (Not really complaining, though; all I wanted from this batch was for her design to be good, and it is.) Bernadetta looks silly, but it works for her.

Least favorite: I was never particularly a fan of Caspar's design, but his timeskip look wasn't bad and pulled off the hedgehog hair much better. This one... can't say the same. Edelgard's isn't bad, but it's a downgrade from her timeskip look.