What's your stance on Monica?

What's your stance on Monica?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. How will Monica be implemented?

• She's the real one
    • It's Kronya again
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/2022 at 09:38 AM

13 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

On the point of Agarthan crests, I feel that Shez could be a more intriguing driver of such a plot (even if it's a bit shoehorned into a Koei OC, lol).

Aren't all the characters technically Koei OCs, since they were the ones who developed Three Houses in the first place?

I certainly hope it's the real Monica, I'd be interested in seeing what could be done with the character since she's essentially a blank slate. I can definitely see them having some kind of Monica vs. Kronya fight in the story somewhere.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Aren't all the characters technically Koei OCs, since they were the ones who developed Three Houses in the first place?

That's exactly why I'm having an easier time accepting Shez. Not a stretch to imagine them and Arval becoming the first FE Musou characters people actually like. Shez is right at home with these goofy students, I hope they don't feel the need to make everything align with Three Houses for this game.

43 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I certainly hope it's the real Monica, I'd be interested in seeing what could be done with the character since she's essentially a blank slate. I can definitely see them having some kind of Monica vs. Kronya fight in the story somewhere.

Actually, that'd be really cool if Monica and Kronya encountered each other.

12 hours ago, kratoscar2008 said:

They don't. They get killed by Byleth one year before 3 Houses but they meets the Lords (And that's how Shez likely gets admitted to the academy) the same date that Byleth met the Lords.

Welp, my mistake, I thought the entire pre-war part happened one year before TH.

10 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Welp, my mistake, I thought the entire pre-war part happened one year before TH.

Yeah that was on the Bio. That's why it's one of the most important points of the debate. Whatever they planned for Monica, how does that change by Shez surviving.

It could be that TWSITD have been watching over Shez but then they would have to be aware of Byleth. 

Her Bio can't come soon enough.

9 minutes ago, kratoscar2008 said:

It could be that TWSITD have been watching over Shez but then they would have to be aware of Byleth. 

If the theories of Arval being an Agarthan god/dess are true this could be case.

10 minutes ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Her Bio can't come soon enough.

Too true.

19 minutes ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Whatever they planned for Monica, how does that change by Shez surviving.

My thought was just that Shez would interfere the events that led to her disappearance, letting her stay in the academy. But since I was wrong, that is not likely to happen.

22 hours ago, Jotari said:

I just don't understanding shipping on some kind of fundamental level.

From the context of the conversation being had, it seems this Monica & and her imposter situation would fall into the category known as "crack ships". Called such, because you'd have to be on crack to think they're actually a good pairing -or at least that's what I think the term means judging from how I've seen the phrase used elsewhere. People are amused in lighthearted fiction by ideas that are so bat guano insane, nobody would ever seriously want them.

17 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I am certain Nintendo has worked out a legal way to keep 3H's cast even if they suddenly develop bad blood with Koei Tecmo. Fire Emblem is their franchise, and Nintendo is a big company, Koei is but a tenant being allowed to work the feudal fields of Ninty. The days of things like Donkey Kong Country and the LoZ Oracle + Minish Cap games being in some light legal limbo should be long past at this point.

In this legal sense, nobody in Three Houses is a "Koei OC". And probably not anyone from Three Hopes either. Even if the latter feels more "Koei OC"-ish.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• 3 weeks later...