What's your favorite Nintendo Franchise?

PostZordem

What's your favorite Nintendo IP?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Nintendo Franchise from the choices below?

• Mario
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Pokémon
    • Kirby
    • Fire Emblem
    • Metroid
    • Animal Crossing
    • Donkey Kong
    • Pikmin
    • Super Smash Bros.

2 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I'm hoping a mod can just delete the arguments and get the topic back on track.

That would certainly work, but as the topic's creator, I personally would like to have the topic itself deleted. I want to "redo" this thread and change it up with new entries (I would just edit the poll again, but the last time I did that, Super Smash Bros. lost its vote unfortunately, and I don't want to risk it again). Besides, I'll admit, my rules kind of sucked and I would like to change them in a "redone" version of this thread. I have reported my very own original post in the hopes that the mods can delete this topic and that I get the chance to redo this thread. I've only been around Serenes Forest for about a month, so I'm not sure how long it takes for the mods to see a person's report and when they'll get back to it. Hope they can fulfill my wish at least. 

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Anyway, as for having the topic back on track, I already mentioned that The Legend of Zelda is my favourite series despite Fire Emblem having my favourite game. Of the franchises on the list, the order would probably be the following:

1. The Legend of Zelda
  2. Fire Emblem
  3. Smash Bros.
  4. Mario
  5. Pokémon
  6. Metroid
  7. Kirby
  8. Pikmin

Disqualified (as I've never played any game in the series): Donkey Kong

I definitely enjoyed the Metroid games that I have played: namely the Prime trilogy, Super Metroid and Metroid Dread. However, I only began playing the Metroid games about half a year ago, and even though I enjoyed these games a lot, I liked the Prime series despite them being FPS games, as first-person games are not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong; making them first-person was definitely a smart choice and the games definitely utilize them well, every time I struggle with the platforming or lack of peripheral vision, I'm reminded of why I dislike first-person games. Even for the 2D games, while they're great fun, the Metroidvania format is not entirely my cup of tea. They're a lot like playing one huge Zelda dungeon, which sounds great on paper, but I love exploring Zelda overworlds as well as their dungeons; the two complement each other.

Pokémon definitely loses points for me because of how the more recent games have been very rushed. But I still have plenty of nostalgia for the gen 4 games, the formula is still fun, and Pokémon Legends Arceus in particular definitely reignited my enjoyment of the series despite the game's shortcomings.

When it comes to the Mario games, I've generally been more of a fan of the 3D platformers rather than the 2D platformers, and those are the ones that I've mainly played. I didn't enjoy Mario Odyssey as much as most people (the lack of a hub world, the more creative worlds often just being boss arenas, the lack of evolution in the sidequests, and the sheer amount of pointless moons all really dragged the game down for me), but I do really like Mario Galaxy, Mario 64, and Mario 3D World.

Thanks for getting the thread back on track. I'll add my own to cents into the ranking of the Nintendo Franchises that I listed in the poll. Also, I'm not sure if you forgot to add it in but Animal Crossing's missing from the list. 

1. Mario- I have a very strong bias with Mario games mainly because they're what got me into video gaming in the first place. The New! series of 2D Mario games are some of my favorite 2D Mario platformers. As for 3D, I'd say that Galaxy is still my favorite game in the series due to all the fun new things they did with the formula there. Odyssey was a great advancement in Mario's Mainline games and an entry I rather enjoy (I'm pretty sure I 100% the game back in 2018), but I can understand your points against it, especially with some of the moons that you have to collect. Mario 64 DS is my preferred version of that game, but I like 3D World, 3D Land, and Sunshine a lot. 

2. The Legend of Zelda- A close second to my die-hard love of the Mario series. I'm personally not too big on the 2D Zeldas, but oh man, the 3D Zeldas are the bomb! Since Ocarina of Time 3D released, I've become a huge fan of the series and have enjoyed every 3D Zelda since. Breath of the Wild was what really knocked it out of the park with me, though. The huge open world paired with all the things you could do in it made BOTW my personal favorite Zelda game in the series. It's so good that it's one of my top 5 video games of all time (Not sure how I'd do that list, but it's up there). 

3. Fire Emblem- I may not have played as many Fire Emblems compared to most of the people on Serenes Forest (I've only played Three Houses, Heroes, Fates: Birthright + Conquest, Awakening, Sacred Stones, Blazing Blade), but I've grown to love this series a lot due to its SRPG gameplay. Also, is it just me, or are the horse-riding units very OP (Seth, Marcus, Frederick)? As seen in my Favorite FE, Three Houses is my favorite game in the series. I'm personally a big fan of the route split because it allows you to see the game from different perspectives (Though Part I plays out very similarly regardless), and the Blue Lions are my favorite group of students (especially the main lord of the BL, Dimitri). 

4. Pokémon- I started with Pokémon Y back before Sun/Moon were a thing, but I wouldn't really get into the series until Pokémon Sword came out. Gen 8's my personal favorite due to reasons I've listed in my Pokémon "Best Gen" thread, and I had a lot of fun with Sword. I can agree with you that newer entries don't feel quite like the series used to (Let's Go, BDSP, and even Sword/Shield), but man, Legends: Arceus was so great. Open-world Pokemon is something that was kind-of experimented on in SW/SH, but it really goes into full effect here. Honestly one of my favorite Pokemon games in the series right next to Sword. Honorable mention goes to Mystery Dungeon DX because I really love the concept of being a Pokémon.

5. Super Smash Bros.- I've played every entry that was released, and I liked playing through them all. Having a massive roster of characters from both Nintendo and Third-Party series (since Brawl) was awesome. I feel that the series has peaked with Ultimate, but I wouldn't mind a Smash 6 if Sakurai ever wishes to continue the series (I'd even be satisfied with a port of Smash Ultimate on the next Nintendo console). Honestly my favorite fighting game in the genre. 

6. Kirby- Kirby and The Forgotten Land was a title that I was really looking forward to when it released back in March, and I must say that it did not disappoint. The original Kirby's Dreamland, Super Star, and Mass Attack were my introduction to the Pink Puffball, but I wouldn't be a big fan of the series until Star Allies came out. Star Allies is my favorite of the 2D Kirby games (may change after I play Triple Deluxe or Planet Robobot), and Forgotten Land's my favorite 3D Kirby game. To me, Forgotten Land kind of feels like if Super Mario 3D World got Kirby's name and face slapped on it (which is a good thing, because I liked 3D World), but with even more fun to be had with the great gimmick known as: Mouthful Mode. 

7. Metroid- Tied with Kirby at #6 is Metroid. Dread was my gateway into the Metroid series, but Prime's where I really got into the games (I just started getting into Metroid very recently). FPS Metroid's awesome, but platforming's rough and aiming with the GameCube controller (I never bought the Trilogy pack on Wii, just got 1 + 2 on GameCube, and 3 on Wii) is a bit of a pain at times. Not sure how the controls work on the Wii (because I dare not play the games out of order), but hopefully better than GameCube. I agree with you on the Metroidvania format (though I've never played a Castlevania game), it's not really my cup of tea either, primarily because of the backtracking involved. Though they are part of the games, so it's really just something I'll have to get used to.

8. Animal Crossing- I've played every installment since City Folk on the Wii (Okay, not every installment. I never played Amiibo Festival), and I've gotten a good chunk of enjoyment out of it. Though I feel that the game's more casual in nature, so I haven't been as invested in it as the higher-ranked entries on this list. New Horizons is easily my favorite, because nothing beats an island retreat.

9. Donkey Kong- I've only played one Donkey Kong game (Donkey Kong Country), and I never got around to beating it. The main reason why it's at the bottom is because I've only played one game in the series, and haven't quite found it in me to play another entry. Though I have been thinking about getting Tropical Freeze or Country Returns. 

Disqualified (Because I haven't played a game in the series myself): Pikmin. I haven't played a Pikmin game because of a general lack of interest. I never found the appeal in controlling my very own squadron of little Pikmin, but that's just me. But if the Pikmin fans seeing this want to convince me to play the series, I wouldn't mind listening at least.

Edited by CyberZord

1 minute ago, CyberZord said:

Thanks for getting the thread back on track. I'll add my own to cents into the ranking of the Nintendo Franchises that I listed in the poll. Also, I'm not sure if you forgot to add it in but Animal Crossing's missing from the list. 

Yeah; I forgot to add Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing would have to be 9th for me. I played both the original game and the one on the Wii, and while I enjoyed it a decent amount back then, nowadays, I'm really not a fan of that type of game anymore. Basically, it was that realization long after I played them of, "...Wait a minute; what did I actually do when playing this? What was the point?"

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Is that really necessary now that the argument's over?

It would be preferable so anyone else reading doesn't have to scroll past it, though I guess it's a moot point now that we're on page 2.

Of the Nintendo IPs I've played to a considerable extent, here's how I'd rate them on factors such as gameplay, music, and character designs:

1. The Legend of Zelda
  2. Super Smash Bros.
  3. Donkey Kong Country
  4. Super Mario
  5. Metroid
  6. Kirby
  7. Star Fox
  8. F-Zero
  9. Fire Emblem
  10. Pokemon

11 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

I'm hoping a mod can just delete the arguments and get the topic back on track.

That's really not necessary. Looking back at it, only one single post really bordered on the argumentative/hostile side. Nothing else was really an argument, just a disagreement about Skyward Sword and the Wii with actual discussion. Trust me, I've been on this site for a decade and seen plenty of actual hostility. This was nothing, it barely even qualifies as an argument.

Anyway, like I said, my Top 5 Nintendo franchises are Fire Emblem, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and Smash Bros., in that order. If I had to order the rest, I think it'd go like this: Pokémon > Kirby > Donkey Kong > Pikmin > Animal Crossing

Pokémon is fun. Kirby is okay, but I've always found it to be kind of ho-hum, nothing truly spectacular, Dedede is honestly the best part of the series. DK is...mostly fine. I like DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze, but I truly believe the original DKC trilogy to be not great and DK 64 is a slog. Pikmin is...meh, and Animal Crossing is boring.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• 4 weeks later...

To be honest, none. Because every franchise that I have played had either some stinker entries or massive turn-off moments (or both) that taints my view. One franchise in particular I now mostly avoid. And yes, both Pokemon and Fire Emblem have got said stinker moments. It's just that out of the franchises I've extensively played, they have the least amount of stinkers. The former has Unamerican-BW and fake-Kyushu-RSE/ORAS that makes me roll my eyes at the region and setting. The latter had SoV and Tellius duology turning me off, and Fates as one of my biggest stinkers.

Though, Earthbound might be the closest to being a favorite - I didn't really like Mother 3 at the time I played, but I'm starting to think that I've been underrating that. (EB Beginnings and EB proper were awesome.) The few entries I played in F-Zero was also quite fun.

The ones that don't, well that's actually because I haven't played or known them as much.

Edited by henrymidfields

• Kirby is the franchise I have played the most games of, but Fire Emblem is the franchise I have invested the most time in, so I guess latter then.
  • Mario is a series I have played and enjoyed plenty of games, but some side games like sports games do not interest me. 
  • Donkey Kong series is a series I just have started to enjoy. Finished my first game, Tropical Freeze, lately and am interested to play more games from this franchise.
  • Metroid is a series which daunted me all the time because I am not into space stuff. However the gameplay interests me a lot since enjoying Hollow Knight, Touhou Luna Nights and Castlevania Symphony Of The Night which made me want to playing Dread. I ordered it yesterday and I am quite excited to play it honestly.
  • The Legend Of Zelda is a series I cannot get into sadly, aside of the 2D games maybe. Only finished A Link Between Worlds which I even could enjoy to some extent.
  • Pokémon is a series I never cared for since I dislike the creatures and how the franchise is represented as a whole. The only game I have beaten yet, was Touhou Puppet Dancer Performance aka a Touhou fangame with Touhou characters with Pokémon gameplay.
  • Animal Crossing is very fun as a filler, but not a giant fan of it. Only playing it whenever I am really bored.
  • Super Smash Bros lost my interest after Brawl since I mainly play this series for their story mode. Melee's and especially Brawl's were amazing.
  • Pikmin is a series I barely nothing about honestly. Cannot really give an opinion on that. I would assume it goes in the direction of Kirby Mass Attack?

Edited by Julizan

On 5/26/2022 at 5:00 AM, Lord_Brand said:

The Legend of Zelda for me. Zelda has always been my #1 video game series, ever since I was old enough to hold a controller. Link is one of my favorite heroes, Zelda is one of my favorite game girls, the medieval setting of Hyrule really appeals to me, and the gameplay is satisfying.

Cut my teeth on the original 35 years ago. Got fond memories of charging home from school to get back into it. Still enjoy it today

As for my fave series, I’d hafta say Legacy of Kain. Sorry for mentioning one that aint on the list 😳

Update: I've recently gotten myself a copy of Pikmin 1 (On GameCube, not the Wii port) and I just beat it not that long ago. Along with that, I've gotten around to buying Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze. I don't feel like recreating the big list from my previous post, so I'll just go over what I like about the Pikmin and Donkey Kong series in detail and where I'd put them on my top ten list.

Pikmin- I decided to dabble into the Pikmin series by buying the first game and I must say, I got hooked once the 3rd-4th in-game day started. Controlling a squadron of red/yellow/blue (or even a mix of all three) Pikmin is very fun and I love the strategies that you can form in regards to which area you visit on which day, which Pikmin you use to attack the other creatures on the planet, and which Pikmin you choose to take those red/yellow/blue coin things back to their own colored onion in order to create more of their specific colored Pikmin. I can't believe past me never found an interest in this series, no idea what was up with that. Glad I chose to give this series a chance. I have already ordered a copy of Pikmin 2 on GameCube and am looking to get a copy of Pikmin 3 on Wii U as well. Looking forward to playing Pikmin 2 and 3 when I get them. I'd rank this series between Kirby and Metroid.

Donkey Kong- After playing some of Country Returns and Tropical Freeze, I must say that I've found them to be quite fun (particularly more so than the SNES Donkey Kong Country games), though not as much as most of the other Nintendo IPs on the list. I'd switch this series around with Animal Crossing, which still makes this #9 on my original list ironically. 

On 6/25/2022 at 12:48 AM, Julizan said:
  • Kirby is the franchise I have played the most games of, but Fire Emblem is the franchise I have invested the most time in, so I guess latter then.
  • Mario is a series I have played and enjoyed plenty of games, but some side games like sports games do not interest me. 
  • Donkey Kong series is a series I just have started to enjoy. Finished my first game, Tropical Freeze, lately and am interested to play more games from this franchise.
  • Metroid is a series which daunted me all the time because I am not into space stuff. However the gameplay interests me a lot since enjoying Hollow Knight, Touhou Luna Nights and Castlevania Symphony Of The Night which made me want to playing Dread. I ordered it yesterday and I am quite excited to play it honestly.
  • The Legend Of Zelda is a series I cannot get into sadly, aside of the 2D games maybe. Only finished A Link Between Worlds which I even could enjoy to some extent.
  • Pokémon is a series I never cared for since I dislike the creatures and how the franchise is represented as a whole. The only game I have beaten yet, was Touhou Puppet Dancer Performance aka a Touhou fangame with Touhou characters with Pokémon gameplay.
  • Animal Crossing is very fun as a filler, but not a giant fan of it. Only playing it whenever I am really bored.
  • Super Smash Bros lost my interest after Brawl since I mainly play this series for their story mode. Melee's and especially Brawl's were amazing.
  • Pikmin is a series I barely nothing about honestly. Cannot really give an opinion on that. I would assume it goes in the direction of Kirby Mass Attack?

I'll respond to each one of your bullet points in order from top to bottom in the same format if that's okay with you.

• Interesting how you say Fire Emblem's your favorite despite having played more Kirby games. Do you have a particular favorite Fire Emblem game? Or do you not have one as listed in your Favorite FE section of your profile. What about the series puts it above Kirby in your opinion?
  • Do you have no interest in any of the Mario Sports games (ex. Tennis, Golf, Strikers, Baseball, Sports Mix, Mario & Sonic)? How about Mario Party or Mario Kart?
  • If you liked Tropical Freeze, I recommend you try out Country Returns if you get the chance. Though it may feel like a prototype to Tropical Freeze at this point. 
  • Metroid's a series I've only ever been remotely interested in, though I have tried out Dread and Prime. Dread's a solid game, though I prefer the 3D gameplay and atmosphere that the Prime games sport. Hope you enjoy Metroid Dread (Which you may have already played since it's been over a week since your post). If you liked Castlevania Symphony Of The Night, you'll probably like Dread as well since it's got that Metroidvania style of gameplay that Metroid and Castlevania fans love a lot from those IPs.
  • A shame you haven't been able to get into many Zelda games. I find myself in the opposite situation as you. I love Zelda games- mainly the 3D ones- and don't care much for the 2D games. 
  • The main thing I don't like about Pokémon is the repetition of the mainline games, though I do find myself liking the gimmick of each new game and the additional Pokémon that are added every new Generation. I didn't even know that there was a Touhou X Pokemon fangame. What do you not like about the series and what about the franchise's representation do you dislike?
  • I agree with you regarding Animal Crossing. Plus, once you've done a majority of what the game has to offer, there's not much reason to keep coming back.
  • Ultimate's the best Super Smash Bros. game imo, even though the story mode wasn't on the level of Melee's or Brawl's. It's got every character from the previous games and then some, giving the game a massive roster and stage count. I recommend you give Ultimate a shot. 
  • As someone who's only played through and beaten the first game as of this post, I'll try and explain it to you as best as I can. Pikmin is a series where you control up to 100 Pikmin of varying colors as you fight dangerous creatures and collect items within different areas of the Pikmin's planet. In the first game, you have a time limit of 30 days to collect 30 ship parts in order to restore Olimar's ship to peak condition so that he can get off of the planet safely before he succumbs to the planet's deadly oxygen. But don't worry, Olimar's got Pikmin (the species of the same name as the series) on his side to help him on this quest. There are 3 different colors of Pikmin: Red, Yellow, and Blue. Depending on the Pikmin's color, different abilities are avaliable. Red Pikmin are the strongest and can endure fire, Yellow Pikmin are able to be launched the highest, and Blue Pikmin are able to pass over water without being harmed. The 3 types of Pikmin also have distinguishing features to note: Red Pikmin have a nose, Yellow Pikmin have ears, and Blue Pikmin have gills (though it looks more like a mouth to me). Additional types of Pikmin have been added in Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 3, though I have yet to play those games, so I won't list them here. That's basically the best way I can explain the series (well, at least the first game, though 2 and 3 have similar mechanics to 1). If this sounds even a little bit interesting to you, then I implore you to try out one of the games. Pikmin 1 and 2 are on both the GameCube and Wii (through New Play Control), while Pikmin 3 is on both Wii U and Switch. 
On 6/28/2022 at 5:51 PM, Capt. Fargus said:

As for my fave series, I’d hafta say Legacy of Kain. Sorry for mentioning one that aint on the list 😳

It's alright, but let's save any third party IPs for another thread (Though I will deviate for just a little bit to go over one of my personal favorite franchises outside Nintendo). On the topic of (one of) my favorite third party franchise(s), I'd have to say Yakuza due to the amazing, fun combat system combined with the wacky substories to lighten the mood when the main story gets too serious plus the minigames that you can come across in each individual title. Can't think of a single game in that series that I don't like. 

Edited by CyberZord

On 7/6/2022 at 1:22 AM, CyberZord said:

Update: I've recently gotten myself a copy of Pikmin 1 (On GameCube, not the Wii port) and I just beat it not that long ago. Along with that, I've gotten around to buying Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze. I don't feel like recreating the big list from my previous post, so I'll just go over what I like about the Pikmin and Donkey Kong series in detail and where I'd put them on my top ten list.

Pikmin- I decided to dabble into the Pikmin series by buying the first game and I must say, I got hooked once the 3rd-4th in-game day started. Controlling a squadron of red/yellow/blue (or even a mix of all three) Pikmin is very fun and I love the strategies that you can form in regards to which area you visit on which day, which Pikmin you use to attack the other creatures on the planet, and which Pikmin you choose to take those red/yellow/blue coin things back to their own colored onion in order to create more of their specific colored Pikmin. I can't believe past me never found an interest in this series, no idea what was up with that. Glad I chose to give this series a chance. I have already ordered a copy of Pikmin 2 on GameCube and am looking to get a copy of Pikmin 3 on Wii U as well. Looking forward to playing Pikmin 2 and 3 when I get them. I'd rank this series between Kirby and Metroid.

Donkey Kong- After playing some of Country Returns and Tropical Freeze, I must say that I've found them to be quite fun (particularly more so than the SNES Donkey Kong Country games), though not as much as most of the other Nintendo IPs on the list. I'd switch this series around with Animal Crossing, which still makes this #9 on my original list ironically. 

I'll respond to each one of your bullet points in order from top to bottom in the same format if that's okay with you.

• Interesting how you say Fire Emblem's your favorite despite having played more Kirby games. Do you have a particular favorite Fire Emblem game? Or do you not have one as listed in your Favorite FE section of your profile. What about the series puts it above Kirby in your opinion?
  • Do you have no interest in any of the Mario Sports games (ex. Tennis, Golf, Strikers, Baseball, Sports Mix, Mario & Sonic)? How about Mario Party or Mario Kart?
  • If you liked Tropical Freeze, I recommend you try out Country Returns if you get the chance. Though it may feel like a prototype to Tropical Freeze at this point. 
  • Metroid's a series I've only ever been remotely interested in, though I have tried out Dread and Prime. Dread's a solid game, though I prefer the 3D gameplay and atmosphere that the Prime games sport. Hope you enjoy Metroid Dread (Which you may have already played since it's been over a week since your post). If you liked Castlevania Symphony Of The Night, you'll probably like Dread as well since it's got that Metroidvania style of gameplay that Metroid and Castlevania fans love a lot from those IPs.
  • A shame you haven't been able to get into many Zelda games. I find myself in the opposite situation as you. I love Zelda games- mainly the 3D ones- and don't care much for the 2D games. 
  • The main thing I don't like about Pokémon is the repetition of the mainline games, though I do find myself liking the gimmick of each new game and the additional Pokémon that are added every new Generation. I didn't even know that there was a Touhou X Pokemon fangame. What do you not like about the series and what about the franchise's representation do you dislike?
  • I agree with you regarding Animal Crossing. Plus, once you've done a majority of what the game has to offer, there's not much reason to keep coming back.
  • Ultimate's the best Super Smash Bros. game imo, even though the story mode wasn't on the level of Melee's or Brawl's. It's got every character from the previous games and then some, giving the game a massive roster and stage count. I recommend you give Ultimate a shot. 
  • As someone who's only played through and beaten the first game as of this post, I'll try and explain it to you as best as I can. Pikmin is a series where you control up to 100 Pikmin of varying colors as you fight dangerous creatures and collect items within different areas of the Pikmin's planet. In the first game, you have a time limit of 30 days to collect 30 ship parts in order to restore Olimar's ship to peak condition so that he can get off of the planet safely before he succumbs to the planet's deadly oxygen. But don't worry, Olimar's got Pikmin (the species of the same name as the series) on his side to help him on this quest. There are 3 different colors of Pikmin: Red, Yellow, and Blue. Depending on the Pikmin's color, different abilities are avaliable. Red Pikmin are the strongest and can endure fire, Yellow Pikmin are able to be launched the highest, and Blue Pikmin are able to pass over water without being harmed. The 3 types of Pikmin also have distinguishing features to note: Red Pikmin have a nose, Yellow Pikmin have ears, and Blue Pikmin have gills (though it looks more like a mouth to me). Additional types of Pikmin have been added in Pikmin 2 and Pikmin 3, though I have yet to play those games, so I won't list them here. That's basically the best way I can explain the series (well, at least the first game, though 2 and 3 have similar mechanics to 1). If this sounds even a little bit interesting to you, then I implore you to try out one of the games. Pikmin 1 and 2 are on both the GameCube and Wii (through New Play Control), while Pikmin 3 is on both Wii U and Switch. 

It's alright, but let's save any third party IPs for another thread (Though I will deviate for just a little bit to go over one of my personal favorite franchises outside Nintendo). On the topic of (one of) my favorite third party franchise(s), I'd have to say Yakuza due to the amazing, fun combat system combined with the wacky substories to lighten the mood when the main story gets too serious plus the minigames that you can come across in each individual title. Can't think of a single game in that series that I don't like. 

Far as whats on your list, think I’d hafta go with Zelda or Metroid

On 7/6/2022 at 7:22 AM, CyberZord said:

• Interesting how you say Fire Emblem's your favorite despite having played more Kirby games. Do you have a particular favorite Fire Emblem game? Or do you not have one as listed in your Favorite FE section of your profile. What about the series puts it above Kirby in your opinion? Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn was my first game in the series and my most played videogame of all time. Gameplaywise it was the best tied with Thracia 776, with the major difference Radiant Dawn having a way better map design.
  • Do you have no interest in any of the Mario Sports games (ex. Tennis, Golf, Strikers, Baseball, Sports Mix, Mario & Sonic)? How about Mario Party or Mario Kart? I enjoy Mario Party.
  • If you liked Tropical Freeze, I recommend you try out Country Returns if you get the chance. Though it may feel like a prototype to Tropical Freeze at this point. I just have started Returns. Also got 64 for Wii U.
  • Ultimate's the best Super Smash Bros. game imo, even though the story mode wasn't on the level of Melee's or Brawl's. It's got every character from the previous games and then some, giving the game a massive roster and stage count. I recommend you give Ultimate a shot. Since I am not a competitive player, I prefer single player modes.
  • Metroid's a series I've only ever been remotely interested in, though I have tried out Dread and Prime. Dread's a solid game, though I prefer the 3D gameplay and atmosphere that the Prime games sport. Hope you enjoy Metroid Dread (Which you may have already played since it's been over a week since your post). If you liked Castlevania Symphony Of The Night, you'll probably like Dread as well since it's got that Metroidvania style of gameplay that Metroid and Castlevania fans love a lot from those IPs. I am not experienced with 3D Metroidvanias, and since I am not into 3D games, I hardly doubt to enjoy them.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Legend of Zelda has long been my favourite. Fire Emblem is great though.

Mario was my first game franchise, but I don't play that much. 

Edited by Lyn

• 5 weeks later...

For me it's Donkey Kong                                                                                                                                                                                          Candy Crush

Edited by caylakling

• 2 weeks later...

Fire Emblem is undeniably a great game and one of my favorites. I can't say that I'm a desperate gamer, I play relatively little, so I don't know all the Nintendo franchises well. I voted for The Legend of Zelda because I have trembling memories from my childhood of this game. Spirit Tracks was one of my first DS Games and I never found it boring. I really like games that describe different eras and at the same time have a connection between chapters. I recently found out that a new Zelda chapter is coming out next year. I'm waiting expectantly, it will be interesting to compare the game to what I played about 10 years ago.