What do you think the chances are of the faculty being added?

I dunno. Considering what TWSITD do with technology I can see why most of it would be banned. Specially when they launched a nuke on Garrech Mach and completely destroyed whatever The Valley of Torment was called.

As for Seteth, Tomas mentions that he has been working there for 40 years and he didn't knew Seteth had a sister so seems more like Seteth has been there since the beggining but probably goes into hiding every now and then like what Flayn does in her solo ends.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don’t think Seteth had much a part in setting up the church system. He’s implied to be a very new addition to the church leadership. Jerald claims Seteth wasn’t around in his time with the church, and his support suggest he spend most of Flayn’s coma looking after her.

He seems more Rhea’s buddy coming to lend a hand rather than a founding member. This might also explain why he isn’t much for the church doctrine.

And for all the church’s failings a need to convert the non believers doesn’t seem to be one of them. Both Cyril and Shamir are given rank and favor despite being non believers, and Cyril claims Rhea doesn’t want him to change his beliefs for her. Catherine’s also being pretty open about not being a believer, and that she prefers worshipping Rhea’s hips instead.

The common thread of all of those characters is that they swear fealty to Rhea personally. It's not just religious tenants. She created the church and she knows many of its teachings are fabrications. She cares about control, in one fashion or another. And adherence to beliefs is the main way to get that. Not the only way.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

I could see them being in the game and I certainly hope they make it! The biggest problem I see is some potential overlap within the Church. Most of the characters wouldn't have an overlap, but things get tricky with Flayn and Cyril. Does Cyril go Wyvern Rider and overlap with Seteth? Does he go Archer/Sniper and overlap with Shamir? Or is he something else entirely? And would Flayn be a Priestess/Cleric/White Mage and overlap with what Manuela would be, or does she go into a flying magic class? And Rhea herself is just an oddball of a characters. She could be in her own unique class or one that uses both types of magic, fists, and swords, since all of those are her specialties. It'll be interesting to see what happens. 

Hard to say right now. I hope they are in the game and playable, but we have yet to see any of them on the map. My fear is that, by turning the Church of Seiros in the big bad of this game, the faculty joins them in being enemy only.

I feel they'll be in since it seems like they're mostly giving us movesets for each class instead for each character. I can't really see a reason they wouldn't add everyone under these pretenses. 

That said, I really hope we get my man Alois. Honestly my favorite character from 3h. 

On 5/26/2022 at 9:31 PM, Use the Falchion said:

I could see them being in the game and I certainly hope they make it! The biggest problem I see is some potential overlap within the Church. Most of the characters wouldn't have an overlap, but things get tricky with Flayn and Cyril. Does Cyril go Wyvern Rider and overlap with Seteth? Does he go Archer/Sniper and overlap with Shamir? Or is he something else entirely? And would Flayn be a Priestess/Cleric/White Mage and overlap with what Manuela would be, or does she go into a flying magic class? And Rhea herself is just an oddball of a characters. She could be in her own unique class or one that uses both types of magic, fists, and swords, since all of those are her specialties. It'll be interesting to see what happens. 

For Rhea, she is basically just an enlightened one class already, w/ a similar robe/jacket/coat/thing to Byleth's. The main thing she has that Byleth doesn't is that she might/is more likely to be able to transform into a dragon. Tho maybe Byleth will transform in this one.

1 hour ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

For Rhea, she is basically just an enlightened one class already, w/ a similar robe/jacket/coat/thing to Byleth's. The main thing she has that Byleth doesn't is that she might/is more likely to be able to transform into a dragon. Tho maybe Byleth will transform in this one.

She also doesn't have something that Byleth does have. Namely, the SotC. So no, it isn't as simple as making her a clone. Personally, I'd give her Rowan/Lianna's moveset from the first game (this moveset fits her, as well as Leif, particularly well), and make transformation either a musou or a special mechanic.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

With today's (lack of an) update the odds of the faculty have gone down, I feel.

I don't have high hopes for them, but 26 (27 if Byleth is playable) is already a very beefy roster for a Warriors game that's starting out fresh roster-wise. I do hope they're in, though, even if they're more limited than the students in terms of class options or something.