• Hilda
    • Lorenz
    • Lysithea
    • Marianne
    • Leonie
    • Raphael
    • Ignatz

So here's my personal ranking.

8. I do not like any of Raphael's designs. I do not like Raphael. I think this is his worst design.

7. Leonie. After her amazing glow-up, I hate that she's back to the short hair. And the new design is so plain.

6. Hilda - From this point, I like the designs. The little red riding hood look works for her, but it is a little plain.

5. Lysithea - I feel like this is her most plain look, but it's also my favorite of her looks because it reigns in a lot of the design elements I don't care for (the hairpieces for one). I also quite like the way the hair color matches with the outet outfit color.

4. Lorenz - I like Lorenz. Rare opinion. All of his designs are delightfully foppish, and this one works. It doesn't exactly stand out from his other ones, but the improvements it does make set it above the rest of his looks.

3. Marianne - let that hair down, girl! Stunning design, and I debated putting it in 2nd, or even 1st.

2. Ignatz - I have to give points for "most improved" character design. This is an excellent glow up and I may actually use him now.

1. Claude - Unpopular opinion, but I don't like his timeskip design. This is an excellent evolution of that with a regal armor and cloth look. Just wish it had the facial hair.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Favorite - Ignatz because I was so worried it was going to be AWFUL

Least Favorite - Lysithea because it doesn't stand out from her other designs. Her outfit is different and nice, but her hair feels the same, which is what creates the illusion of it being the same IMO. 

This is tricky, mainly because, even though Verdant Wind was my most recent playthrough, I'm having trouble telling the differences between most of the Golden Deer's Three Hopes designs and their Three Houses designs. I guess Claude and Ignatz have different outfits now? But Lorenz looks almost identical to his timeskip design! And for Lysithea, all they did was remove the purple cloth that covered the back of her hair.

Anyway, my favourite would have to be Marianne simply for looking noticeably different and looking good. Her letting her hair down as a display of newfound confidence is a cool idea.

Least favourite would have to be Lorenz simply for looking identical to his timeskip appearance with nothing different except for slightly-shorter hair.

Dishonorable mention goes to Ignatz for removing the pen. I understand the rest of the outfit, but why get rid of the pen?

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Dishonorable mention goes to Ignatz for removing the pen. I understand the rest of the outfit, but why get rid of the pen?

Well this is supposed to be the point between part 1 and the timeskip. So logically at this point Ignatz would still be trying to please his dad by trying his hand at being a knight. Its only in part 2 that he founds the courage to be who he wants to be.

My favorites are Ignatz and Marianne for looking the most different in positive ways. The long hairs fit Marianne, and Ignatz rocks the new look. Ignatz gets a bit more point due to being Ignatz, and on closer inspection Marianne still has her bags beneath her eyes which I always found rather unattractive. 

Least favorite design is Lorenz. Its a good design, but its also pretty much the same design as his timeskip one, with only the most minor tweaks. 

Favorite, Raphael.  I just like the Bandana, not everyone needs to be fancy.

Least favorite, Leonie.  Was torn between her, Ignatz, and Lysithea, but went with Leonie because of the short hair.  Doesn't complement her look.

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well this is supposed to be the point between part 1 and the timeskip. So logically at this point Ignatz would still be trying to please his dad by trying his hand at being a knight. Its only in part 2 that he founds the courage to be who he wants to be.

You can tell that it's something he's not fully committed to.  Even though the logic behind this design makes sense, that doesn't change how awkward he looks, and that's not a point in his design's favor.

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

My favorites are Ignatz and Marianne for looking the most different in positive ways. The long hairs fit Marianne, and Ignatz rocks the new look. Ignatz gets a bit more point due to being Ignatz, and on closer inspection Marianne still has her bags beneath her eyes which I always found rather unattractive. 

Least favorite design is Lorenz. Its a good design, but its also pretty much the same design as his timeskip one, with only the most minor tweaks. 

Look at your boy, all grown up. You must be very proud.

8- Leonie, I love her time skip design, and that makes this one kinda hard to swallow.

7- Ignatz, I like his clothes, but I really don't like his hairstyle, wich is probably the thing I care the most, 

6- Raphael, not bad, but not interesting either.

5- Hilda, I don't like her hair. The overall look is not bad though.

4- Lorenz, he is fine, I like this version more than his ts design, the others are just better imo.

3- Marianne, I really like her with her hair down, but I'd like the design more if she didn't have eye bags.

2- Claude, he is fine, just not different enough.

1- Lysithea, at first I thought she was too similar, like Dorothea, and was going to make her third because she didn't feel all that exciting... but I really don't like her timeskip dress, so this one feels like a big improvement.

• Claude still looks great, I like his outfit and don't miss his sideburns-into-beard look his timeskip self had going on.
  • Hilda still looks lovely, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her war phase hairstyle. Buns just don't do it for me.
  • Raphael feels perfect for him, even moreso than his Three houses outfits, but I don't especially like it on a personal level, not unlike Bernadetta's new look.
  • Lysithea looks good (as always), and her simpler design makes for a nice contrast with her more ornate timeskip look. Having her bangs cut straight now threw me for a bit of a loop though; combined with the dip created by her hairbands it gives her something like an imitation hime cut, which is an interesting change given the kinds of characters that normally get (true) hime cuts, but I don't dislike it.
  • Lorenz looks like timeskip Lorenz with shorter hair. That's not BAD (I actually like timeskip Lorenz), but it feels like a missed opportunity to do more
  • Ignatz just looks awkward. Definitely echoing the sentiment that he's still trying to be a knight even though that doesn't suit him, which works conceptually, but I prefer his timeskip look where he DOES know who he wants to be.
  • Marianne with her hair down is something I always knew I needed, and she looks perfect here. I don't really know what more to say beyond that. You go, girl.
  • Leonie feels like a step down from her war phase glow-up, but the plain look fits her cost-cutting personality, and she's still much better than her school phase look, so it could have been worse.

Overall, I probably like Lysithea the most due to personal bias, but Marianne probably wins for best glow-up.

Edited by egobarrier

Leonie’s new design looks so good, the short hair compliments her outfit VERY well which makes it feel like the perfect evolution between both of her old designs.

On the other hand, Lorenz just took his bad pre-timeskip hair and combined it with his pretty good post-timeskip outfit, creating a design that is just disappointingly bad.

Marianne and Claude are definitely my favorite new Golden Deer designs. They both look fantastic. This is quite possibly the best designs for them yet. Ignatz looks great, as well, and I think this is DEFINITELY his best design.

Lysithea looks good. Similar to her original Three Houses design, but with better clothes. I also like Hilda's, and Leonie's is at least better than her academy phase design.

Lorenz and Raphael are at the bottom for me. I just don't like any of Lorenz's designs all that much, but I will say that this new one is his best one. And Raphael...wow, what did they do to you? I like him as a character, but I really dislike that outfit.

1. Marianne
2. Claude
3. Ignatz
4. Lysithea
5. Hilda
6. Leonie
7. Lorenz
8. Raphael

How is it that the house I like the least has the most new designs that I like? Anyway.

Favouirte is tied between Marianne and Lorenz. Love Marianne`s long hair and dig Lorenz`s armor. Not sure if I am a big fan of Marianne`s back being slightly exposed (or the focus I`ve seen it get in fanart), but her summoning Dorote to attack is great. Same with Lorenz using roses and Ignatz using paint. Suprised at how well they`ve made house members who share classes feel unique and distinct.

Least favourite is tied between Lysithea and Leonie. The former barely looks any different while I am not a fan of the haircut of the latter. Leonie`s outfit is nice though.

Edited by Metal Flash

I think this is the only house where I kinda like all of the designs? Tbh, I pretty much like the majority of designs, but this one feels the most even across the board. It's probably because the Golden Deer have the highest amount of individuality. I think Marianne has the best new design out of all students we've seen though.

Least favorite was hard for me to pick. I voted Rafael, bc I usually don't care for his clothing designs all too much. Leonie could've also been low, but I must admit it's a clean and safe design. Lorenz didn't change all that much,but the coolest thing about him is his rose petal effect. I like Hilda's outfit, but I don't think this hairstyle suits her.

Ahh Marianne looks great. I'm not necessarily a fan of her shadowy eyes, but it works for the character. I also like what they did with Ignatz. The designs here really look like a midskip with Ignatz trying to be a knight, and Marianne still being a little depressed.

I wonder if there will be side missions like with Marianne fighting the Wondering Beast.

I voted Leonie as my least favorite because it just looks plain, it's fine though. The Fódlan barber didn't run their course here it seems.

Ignatz's portrait looks astoundingly cursed to me... I can't quite put my finger on it, but it almost looks like a splice. I don't like Leonie's design very much thanks to negative association with people with mid-part hair.

In all seriousness, though, I ain't big on Leonie's new design; I've got absolutely nothing against short hair, it's just that something about the look feels off to me.

I do quite like Lorenz' new portrait; it is pretty similar to his old one, but it's still pretty stylish. I don't mind Marianne's or Raphael's either. Raphael's is a tad strange, but it does look like the sort of thing someone who hikes a lot could wear.

...Aside from that, most people look about the same to me. Lysithea and Hilda could probably pass as their original timeskip portraits. Claude's looks alright and I like the armor, but like Ignatz's, it feels a bit like splice, albeit a much better one. Proportions still don't feel quite right to me, though.

Favourite: Raphael for its simplicity. The bandana really does alot with too much either, and I like that he just ditched wearing a poorly buttoned up shirt entirely.

Least favourite: Lysithea. The design feel uninteresting, and the hair not being any different to her original timeskip design doesn't help things either.

My take on the Golden Deer Redesigns:

8. Raphael- I don't really like the bandana, and it's my least favorite Raphael design of the lot. While I do enjoy his character, this redesign's my least favorite of the Golden Deer. 

7. Leonie- I don't really mind the short hair that she's sporting in Three Hopes, but I can concur that the redesign is rather plain.

5. Lysithea + Lorenz (Redesigns from this point forward are ones I like)- Figured that I'd put these two redesigns together because I have the same opinion on them. Lysithea & Lorenz's redesigns don't really feel too different from Three Houses, but I think that keeping them similar was a good choice. 

4. Hilda- Love the outfit she's wearing, and the hairstyle's pretty good, too. Though I do prefer her timeskip design in 3H to this one for Three Hopes.

3. Ignatz- My favorite of Ignatz's designs. Love the changes that were made, and it's a great improvement from 3H.

2. Marianne- Letting the hair down is one of my favorite parts of this redesign. Fantastic look overall, and my favorite design of her. A close second to my number one pick, and Claude only won me over by a small margin.

1. Claude- Not only my favorite redesign of the Golden Deer, but also my favorite redesign of the 3 main lords of Three Houses. While I do miss his sideburns from his timeskip design, I also really like the look of a clean-shaven Claude. From his armor to his hair, I find everything about Claude's redesign to be nothing short of amazing.

I reacted to all the new designs on stream and I was fanboying so hard. The Golden Deer always been special to me cuz they were the first students I played as when I first played Three Houses. I love all of them!! I give my thoughts on my recent video, but I will echo them here just in case:

Claude: looks amazing as always. I miss the beard, but he'a such a good designed character anyways, it barely matters. He looks great!!

Hilda: While I loved her timeskip design, this one looks super cute and fits her well. It grew on me a lot.

Lorenz: At first glance from one of the old screenshots of this game, I thought it looked worse than his timeskip look. But then I been realizing something ever since I looked close at something of the characters I was iffy about with the redesigns. When you actually look at their gameplay model with the new designs they look 10x better than the character portraits! So when I saw Lorenz make his grand entrance, actually seeing his personality and in his model in movement, the design looked incredible. I think the portraits just really needed to be original and not cop-paste of the Three Housed timeskip with slapped on new hairstyles lol

Raphael: His best design. I was so surprised by the bandana and his new outfit looks so cool. He looks like a throwback to the old brigand units of old in classic FE. Loved him flexing too.

Ignatz: This was the one I was looking forward to and they did NOT let me down. His new hair style is great, and his outfit is what really does it for me. I LOVE the fact that he's dressed as a knight and we get to see how Iggy would have looked if he became one. He has these little new hair pins on his hair that are cute. And I adore the paint detail when he did his special. I fanboyed so hard in particular for this one. I love Ignatz so much. He has finally become CHADnatz.

Lysithea: She looks similar but the changes are great. She removed her accesories and changed her hair style a bit. At first I was trying to figure out what looked different than her previous one, cuz something definitely was. And then I realized she had bangs covering her eyebrows now. She always had noticeble eyebrows so them being covered and having her face more caved in by hair is adorable.

Leonie: this is probably the most controversial ome for me. Timeskip Leonie is probably one of my favorite FE designs and glow ups of all time. But I do appreciate the fact they showed us how she would look if she kept her short hair in timeskip. However the hair choice is a bit strange to me. It's just not the best cut. However, again, in the actual 3d model it looks so much better, and I think she actually looks so good similar to Lorenz in the model itself. (My HOPE is that they let you choose between the hairstyles from 3 houses as a nice unlockable option. Come on, who wouldn't want to play as Timeskip  Dimitri in warriors gameplay?)

And finally....

Marianne: Probably the best one overall along with Petra. Her timeskip was like Mercedes, where she made her hair shorter, but I actually adored it, cuz it somehow worked for her and she looked really pretty and it represented her development. Here, she lets her hair down and gets a beautiful "dark" aesthetic to her outfit that compleyely matches and compliments her moody, grim backstory. Her new hairpiece reminds me of those women on rainy days with umbrellas during the olden days (idk if anyone knows what I'm talking about). Her baggy eyes are back and she looks more sad and I just want to say....IS, what did you do to my Marianne, huh? Where is her development and why is she still depressed? I'm watching you IS!! (Jokes aside she looks beautiful with and without the bags on her eyes and I feel they fit her for this look) Overall this design looks GOREGEOUS, love her with long hair!!

Thats all of them!! I cannot wait for this game and am beyond hype to play this. I hope this gives me the same hype that Age of Calamity did for Breath of the Wild, filling in all the gaps that were missing in the initial experience and delivering on a fun and amazing story. My HOPE is that they do it even better than Age of Calamity, as that still had some issues with its story.

Here's my reaction if you are curious to see (timestamp for reaction is 38:00):

Claude is... just okay. He's my favorite Lord, sure, but his Three Hopes design doesn't look like much of an improvement from either design in Three Houses.

Hilda is really cute, with her messy bun! Might be the best hairstyle she's had thus far. But she's always been stylish.

Lorenz still has the drip. Very sleek, although it's not my favorite among the styles here.

Raphael is my favorite among the new designs. That bandana is just everything. It's reminiscent of Sacae, or of piratey units.

Ignatz is... okay. That hair clip is cute, I guess, but his style is messy otherwise. Not sure about his armor going up to his neck, though.

Lysithea is little-changed from the base game's post-skip look. Still, the hairbands are an elegant touch.

Marianne is a great redesign! I like her hairband, and her hair flowing like waves. But I also like her other designs, too, so it's hard to call this a favorite.

Leonie feels like an uncomfy in-between: longer than her pre-skip, shorter than her post-skip. It's not bad, but it's not distinctive, so I'd call it my least favorite.