New Scarlet / Violet Information on 6/1

Perkilator

Just going to respond to what I see broadly, no worrying about what Pokes are confirmed for these versions.

Spoiler

The professors are version exclusive

That, that's a stretch.

Oh look, some small electric type that people aren't going to care about.

Wait, is there a bunch of rivals in this one?

Oh wait, it's confirming multiple people can play simultaneously.

The bean that looks like it was drawn by a kid

Wew.

Lechonk

Why is it teeny?

Looks like battles are traditional, I am unsurprised.

Looks like there's a windmill with a gym attacked, I suspect there'll be a Don Quixote type there.

And OOOOOF these version exclusives. One of them has jets attached, the protrusions in their upper chest that are going to be linked to something, I just do not like 'em.

TLDR: Still early days (Though now we have the release date of 18th Nov), I did expect more to be revealled honestly, but the reveal of people playing in the same region live was a nice surprised (chances are there'll be limits, but what?)

12 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, I sure hope I'll be able to change outfits asap, because the player characters look like absolute dorks in this one.

Let the private school cosplayers be.

Edited by Dayni

So we have bike lizard and jet lizard as the cover legendaries. I think I like the orange one more, but we have professor giga chad in the other game.

45 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, I sure hope I'll be able to change outfits asap, because the player characters look like absolute dorks in this one.

I wonder what the variety in outfits would be. We've just seen school clothes with either pants or shorts. It would be funny if you can't get anything not school related until post game.

• I'm guessing that... what is it, some sort of information terminal or Rest Station? Either way, it looks like it might be this regions version of the Route Connectors that deliver information blended with some sort of "in the wilds" version of Pokemon Centers/Marts. Maybe serve as a way to deliver news in-game as well?
  • Looks like the "theme" is some sort of Primitive vs Futuristic theming, especially looking at the two professors outfits: Sada having more cloth-y shirt, a tooth necklace thing, a collar of feathers, and I think I see a feather earring? And then there is Turo's very obviously futuristic outfit and... geez, even just the pose of his upper body looks like something you'd expect from the FUUUUTUUUUURRRRRRRRREEEE~~~~
  • Yep still picking Fuecoco.
  • Nemona? Looks like she'll be kinda tomboy-y. Probably meant to be the "Friend" rival.
  • This region's Pikachu looks a little... fuzzy...
  • Oh, being able to go around with friends instead of only being able to interact within battles, trades, etc.? That's cool.
  • Okay the alternate looks for the protags are looking good, why do they always give the most ordinary and boring looks to the "default" protag...?
  • That plant... seed... thing... that came straight out of Maplestory I swear to god.
  • Lechonk reminds me of the pigs from Zelda Wind Waker.
  • I swear the Youngsters get younger and younger every game...
  • Well the environments look pretty... not that I was expecting them to be ugly or anything.
  • And the Legendaries reflect the Past vs Future thing as well. Violet's mascot REALLY stands out though, I mean HOLY HELL THAT A FREAKING HOVERDRAGON.

...and those are my thoughts on what stood out to me.

This game is definitely going for a past & future theme. That's especially clear with the legendaries. I wonder if this means those two legendaries will be connected to Dialga in any way.

I like that you actually see Pokémon instead of encountering them randomly; that's definitely good.

Lechonk has to be descended from the pigs from Outset Island in The Wind Waker; that is uncanny.

Interesting that gen 8 Pokémon such as the snapping turtle and the coal Pokémon are returning for this game, though every time I see the coal Pokémon fully evlolved, I still think it should've evolved into a steam locomotive or something like that; its first form has a wheel, its second form is a mine cart, and yet its final form is a generic rock ogre; what?

Playing with friends in the overworld... how is that supposed to work? It seems to me more like they would get in the way than be a help.

I'm liking the Scarlet Professor more, but Violet's turbo jet dragon mascot is arguably the cooler of the two. I'm guessing both mascots will be part Dragon, with Scarlet's being either Fire/Dragon or Fighting/Dragon and Violet's obviously being Electric/Dragon. That's...actually quite close to Reshiram and Zekrom. Are they reusing their type combos for this game?

5 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Interesting that gen 8 Pokémon such as the snapping turtle and the coal Pokémon are returning for this game, though every time I see the coal Pokémon fully evlolved, I still think it should've evolved into a steam locomotive or something like that; its first form has a wheel, its second form is a mine cart, and yet its final form is a generic rock ogre; what?

Not gonna lie, a Rock/Steel Train Pokemon sounds ace.

44 minutes ago, Lord_Brand said:

I'm liking the Scarlet Professor more, but Violet's turbo jet dragon mascot is arguably the cooler of the two. I'm guessing both mascots will be part Dragon, with Scarlet's being either Fire/Dragon or Fighting/Dragon and Violet's obviously being Electric/Dragon. That's...actually quite close to Reshiram and Zekrom. Are they reusing their type combos for this game?

Not gonna lie, a Rock/Steel Train Pokemon sounds ace.

I prefer the turbo jet dragon mascot as well. I didn't expect that, as, while I like both history/fantasy and sci-fi, I prefer history/sci-fi, so I would expect to prefer the legendary that represents the past.

A train Pokémon would be really cool. Steel/Rock would work as a type combination for it, but perhaps Steel/Fire would be better because of the engine, or Steel/Electric if based on a modern electric train.

I do kinda feel like the Professor names, while good, missed an opportunity here.

• "Altamira" for the cave paintings, or "Palea" (as in Paleolithic or Stone)
  • "Gaudi" for the modern architect or "Silic" (as in Silicon)

It is the year of our Lord (Arceus) 2022, we are approaching the ninth generation of Pokemon, a multi-billion-dollar worldwide franchise... and there's still no voice acting. Not even the vaguest grunts that Zelda's offered for nigh-on twenty years now. It's the biggest, most obvious thing they could be doing to improve their oft-derided presentation aspect, and Game Freak refuses. Not that I was expecting any better...

Lechonk looks great, though.

On 6/1/2022 at 5:44 PM, vanguard333 said:

A train Pokémon would be really cool. Steel/Rock would work as a type combination for it, but perhaps Steel/Fire would be better because of the engine, or Steel/Electric if based on a modern electric train.

In any case, better strap an Air Balloon to that thing.

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

It is the year of our Lord (Arceus) 2022, we are approaching the ninth generation of Pokemon, a multi-billion-dollar worldwide franchise... and there's still no voice acting. Not even the vaguest grunts that Zelda's offered for nigh-on twenty years now. It's the biggest, most obvious thing they could be doing to improve their oft-derided presentation aspect, and Game Freak refuses. Not that I was expecting any better...

What's really egregious about this is that Pokemon Masters EX, a smart phone gacha game, has voice acting. If Nintendo can afford VAs for that, you'd think they could put out here.