• Edelgard: Flame Emperor
    • Muarim: Raw Instinct
    • Ike: Vanguard Legend
    • Gustav: Sovereing Slain
    • Alfonse: Prince of Askr
    • Ninian: Frozen Heart
    • Eliwood: Blazing Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2022 at 02:59 AM

Normally Ike would be my pick here, but I want to stay away from red teams plus he’s going to get clobbered by Edelgard or Rhea anyways if Round 1 doesn’t screw him first. Therefore, my actual pick will be Fallen Terminally Depressed Ninian.

Also, I would like to point out that both Legendary Byleths are present on Legendary Myrrh’s banner. Yet, IS picked Legendary Edelgard to be Rhea’s opponent anyways. They woke up and deliberately chose violence.

Edited by Tybrosion

I feel like Vika would have been better than Ike for this one. (Maybe Miciah or Ashnard.) But ugh, most of these round 1 vs are heartbreaking. I love it.

Man, normally I'd support Ike, but with these specific pairings, the one tugging at my heart the most is Alfonse vs Fallen Gustav and I don't know which one to support. (I'll probably go with Gustav for...not much reason. I need Axe Valor so badly. XD)

I don't like the structure of this one. I'd have put all of the "fallen" characters on one side, and all of the counterparts on the other, rather than having it split in half with everyone immediately facing their counterpart. That way, you're guaranteed one fallen and one counterpart character for the final match. Anyway, both of my favorites are up against each other immediately, so I suppose I'll be starting with Eliwood and if he loses, I'll switch to Ninian.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:21 PM, Tybrosion said:

Normally Ike would be my pick here, but I want to stay away from red teams plus he’s going to get clobbered by Edelgard or Rhea anyways if Round 1 doesn’t screw him first.

Wow, I'm getting pretty good at predicting this as Ike somehow managed to lose despite getting the last multiplier.

Anyways, Round 2 is Rhea vs. Muarim and Alfonse vs. Ninian. RIP all the Legendary Heroes, except Edelgard of course. VGs really aren't her thing apparently.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Round 2 is Rhea vs. Muarim and Alfonse vs. Ninian.

Oh boy. Looks like it's Alfonse vs all the fallen heroes.

Comic Kiran: You're Askr's last hope, buddy. Good luck!

Alfonse: But you're the one who summoned them in the first place! And hey- can't you fight now?!

Comic Kiran: Pshh! Naw! Muarim is a grail unit. 😄

Alfonse: Not the point! 😰

Surprising that Muarim beat Ike, but it looks like either Ike's team was slacking or Muarim's got a lot of traction for that latter part of yesterday. Now team Rhea, that I'm on, has to deal with the nonsense.

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

Surprising that Muarim beat Ike, but it looks like either Ike's team was slacking or Muarim's got a lot of traction for that latter part of yesterday. Now team Rhea, that I'm on, has to deal with the nonsense.

Muarim's team was consistently matching Ike's team's multiplier hour points for the last 12 hours of the round, and Team Muarim's second-to-last-hour rally on their last multiplier was comparable in size to Team Ike's last-hour rally on top of Team Muarim's last-hour rally also having the same size (dividing out the multiplier for each number).

Team Rhea is currently getting twice as many points per hour at advantage than Team Muarim is getting with the disadvantage multiplier, so you're probably not going to see the same kind of shenanigans this round.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Muarim's team was consistently matching Ike's team's multiplier hour points for the last 12 hours of the round, and Team Muarim's second-to-last-hour rally on their last multiplier was comparable in size to Team Ike's last-hour rally on top of Team Muarim's last-hour rally also having the same size (dividing out the multiplier for each number).

Team Rhea is currently getting twice as many points per hour at advantage than Team Muarim is getting with the disadvantage multiplier, so you're probably not going to see the same kind of shenanigans this round.

I was looking at the score tracker and I saw that Muarim was matching Ike for the last half of yesterday, so I wonder why that shift happened? I was alluding more to what you said about no multipliers, but my comment was vague.

... Is team Alfonse legitimately stupid or something? I feel like more than HALF of my randomly generated allies have just been another Alfonse. Not another red UNIT, a literal Alfonse. WHY.

Anyway, not sure whose team to join now. I have Fallen Rhea, I guess, but now that it's Alfonse vs 2 dragons and a tiger, his conflict isn't as interesting anymore, so I'm not super drawn to his team. (It would be different if he was Lif, which is basically Fallen Alfonse. Conflict generates interest.)

Edit: Wound up joining Fallen Rhea's team because I actually trained mine up and it feels nice to have a unit on theme whom I actually invested in.

Edited by Mercakete

Wow I'm Rank 1 for team Rhea in the last hour. I'm a little sad to not see the Japanese Fae that was beside me for the last couple multipliers. If Rhea can get the win in the end this will be the best VG experience I've had. And here's me jinxing it.

Legitimately surprised Alfonse is still in the running. Have to say, I'm kind of proud of him! I wonder if he'll be able to beat the last fallen hero standing!