Favorite Red & Green Duo in Fire Emblem.

FailWood

Favorite Red & Green Duo.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Red & Green Duo in Fire Emblem is your favorite?

• Cain & Abel (FE1, FE3, FE11, FE12)
    • Lukas & Forsyth (Gaiden/SoV)
    • Alec & Noish (Genealogy of the Holy War)
    • Allen & Lance (Binding Blade)
    • Kent & Sain (Blazing Sword)
    • Forde & Kyle (Sacred Stones)
    • Kieran & Oscar (FE9, FE10)
    • Sully & Stahl (Awakening)
    • Saizo & Kaze (Fates)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2022 at 04:00 AM

While there's not a Red & Green Duo in every Fire Emblem game, it's there in most entries, and sometimes changes up how it's handled.  Which one is your favorite from across the series?  Can be from liking them as characters or as units.

Edit: Apologies for any redundancy with how I made this or if it looks sloppy in any way.  Was my first time making a poll.  Also forgot to add Kein and Alva from Thracia 776.  Mention them as your favorite for them to get a vote.

Edited by FailWood

I voted for Kieran and Oscar, almost entirely because Kieran is simply one of the most hilarious characters in the series, IMO. "I will brook no insult to my queen... or my armour!" Classic. And Oscar works as an effective straight-man for him.

Was thinking characters, though as units... well, their PoR forms are up there too! As are Alan/Lance, Sain/Kent, Saizo/Kaze, and Shadow Dragon Cain/Abel. This archetype has a pretty good  track record. Even some of the weaker examples (Forde/Kyle, Alec/Noish) are still useful because cavalier is such a consistently good class.

Most Christmas knights can be kind of dull with their great availability and no weaknesses. Alec and Noish need to work together to take out that very first bandit in FE4 with exact damage. They literally complete each other. While also teaching the player that yeah not every character needs pursuit. Canto is enough. They're not great fighters - not even among the units you have in that prologue chapter, but if you stick with them they can pull ahead on their promotion bonuses, and maybe make some decent fathers too. Their personalities are Turban and making fun of Arden, so what's not to love?

Honorable mention goes to Oscar and Kieran. Great character dynamic and great characters on their own to boot. But criminally held back by a lack of actual interactions between these two. They have a support chain and I think a recruitment conversation. That's it. Probably nothing in the sequel too, I don't care to check. 

6 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

But criminally held back by a lack of actual interactions between these two. They have a support chain and I think a recruitment conversation. That's it. Probably nothing in the sequel too, I don't care to check. 

They also have an info conversation with each other. Two? I forget. I just remember the one in RD where Oscar tries to give Kieran a gift and he won't accept it until Oscar phrases it as a symbol of their rivalry. That said this is already more interaction than many of these characters have with each other.

I picked Cain and Abel, based on their Shadow Dragon implementation. They were the first two I met, and the Prologue gave them a touch more characterization than they'd otherwise get. They're both solid units who are satisfying to train up.

10 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Kent and Sain since they were my first and I like both of them as units. Second would probably be Kieran and Oscar. Sully and Stahl are characters that I like, but I don't care about their dynamic together, which is a key feature for my choice here. 

Stahl, I feel, is just too boring in a game where everyone has some personality quirk. Save for being hungry, I guess, but not even to a "joke" degree like Ilyana received. Also, I don't recall him having any real rapport with Sully.

I feel like this poll has happened before; I'm getting Deja Vu.

Oscar and Kieran are my favourites. They're very fun as individual characters and they're very useful in Path of Radiance, and then their dynamic is just hilarious with Kieran being loud and bombastic in a complete contrast to Oscar.

Probably Oscar and KIeran. I really enjoy their dynamic and it helps that they are great units to use. I nearly always use both of them in FE9.

Close second to Lukas and Forsyth. They come second mainly due to the fact Forsyth is more closely associated with Python while Lukas gets put with Clive, but I enjoy the interactions they do have in the RotD DLC and their supports. Gameplay wise tho... not a vibe

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Stahl, I feel, is just too boring in a game where everyone has some personality quirk. Save for being hungry, I guess, but not even to a "joke" degree like Ilyana received. Also, I don't recall him having any real rapport with Sully.

The thing that brought down their support for me was when Sully started fretting about her self image as a female knight after Stahl gets a round in after training together a few times.  Even though it's a realistic worry, it bleeds into her character too much, and in her supports (I hate her support chain with Lon'qu).

On the other hand, I appreciate how down to earth Stahl is.  Sometimes you need a character like that, even if it means they don't stand out.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Forde is, in my opinion, one of the best-written characters in the franchise, and he plays well off of Kyle. So, easy choice for me.

Forde is a pretty good character, and the A support between him and Kyle is one of my favorites in Sacred Stones (a game that has a lot of good supports).

Whenever I play Sacred Stones these days, I usually duo 5x with Ephraim and one of the two cavs, and is usually good enough to keep using.

i must go with Kieran and Oscar
it may be true that they don't interact TOO much, but for me Kieran alone makes this pair stand out so much compared to the other Christmas Knights

i mean, how can you not love someone who, when seeing an ex comrade for the first time in a long time, starts the conversation with: "OOOOOSCAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!"

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Forde is, in my opinion, one of the best-written characters in the franchise, and he plays well off of Kyle. So, easy choice for me.

Ah yes, someone else with the correct opinion.

Forde and Kyle are great because there's story-telling with their stats. Kyle's stats are better but Forde starts at a higher level. In their supports, Kyle mentions how Forde used to beat him a lot in training. This is because Forde is more naturally talented, but Kyle outpaces him by putting in more work.

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I feel like this poll has happened before; I'm getting Deja Vu.

Oh yes, most certainly. I distinctly remember a similar thread.

Oscar's one of my favorite characters series-wide, so I'll go with him and Kieran for that alone. He also makes for a nice sympathetic character for having to put up with Kieran's shenanigans, so that's cool too.

22 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Stahl, I feel, is just too boring in a game where everyone has some personality quirk. Save for being hungry, I guess, but not even to a "joke" degree like Ilyana received.

Stahl also has the quirk of being supremely average, at least according to his supports with Miriel. 

22 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Also, I don't recall him having any real rapport with Sully.

Yup. They have a mild and friendly sense of competition, but nothing that Sully doesn't have with others like Chrom or Lon'qu. That's why they aren't my favorite as a pair.