Why is this game's writing so inconsistent?

It's not even that the routes all contain different information from the other, visual novel style. It's that sometimes the information is completely contradictory with info from the other routes. And some information is just straight-up missing, according to post-release interviews. Why is that?

What information is completely contradictory to other routes? Outside of perspective and/or lack of complete information, I can't think of anything. 

As for missing information and stuff, I'd chalk that up to there not being enough time in development or production for everything to be included. 

"If you get invested in the plot of a video game, God punishes you with a Netflix adaptation." - Tupac

Three Houses was clearly designed for you to get invested in its story, so by Divine Decree it must be a punitive experience to read.

Seconding @Use the Falchion here. What examples of inconsistent writing are you thinking of?

For incomplete information, I think that most of the stuff that needs to be in the game, is. This is especially true after the DLC spelled out some stuff which was subtle / potentially ambiguous before (e.g. Edelgard's memory loss). Obviously there will always be some story ideas or information that are left on the cutting room floor (e.g. Claude's Almyran name); that's the nature of writing a big, sprawling story. Some of it might even be deliberate, for instance some of the ambiguity of the Nemesis vs. Seiros war, because history is written by the victors and we have no unbiased sources remaining.

I think its partly due to everyone being unreliable narrators with their own biases and perceptions. Which is not all that unusual when one looks at written accounts of history, or even witness accounts of crime scenes. (The Rashomon Effect) I also think that the routes are all alternate histories to each other, with Byleth being the butterfly effect. And yes, as seemingly very not-obvious it seems, I'm including the different versions of White Clouds as subtly different from each other.