Feh Channel June 5, 2022

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for an FE7 banner with Kent, Sain, and Limstella, and that's exactly what we got! Love this take on Limstella, as well as seeing Feh repeatedly use "they" for them.

Chaos season sounds interesting, not sure what to expect. More 3H banners and its game-specific AHR are welcome, although I hope this isn't setting up for anniversary AHRs pulling back on including high-profile units.

So they're celebrating Three Hopes with a bunch of Three Houses banners. I'm thinking they're not adding any Three Hopes characters, and the next Three Houses banner will just be a regular academy banner.

For the AHR Yuri seems like the objective best pick. I'm personally think of potentially investing into F!Byleth, because I can see refined Creator Sword being pretty strong.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new Aether Raids mode. The scoring just means you're more likely to bump into whales initially. The good old days of having either super easy maps or super hard ones. I guess people who have super invested Gen 1units can rejoice.

I wonder what Askr and Embla are going to look like in game. From the trailer they're upgraded versions of their retainers, but I thought they were suppose to be dragons. I guess bat dragon and cow dragon? And now we're getting generic beast enemies.

I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting a Feh Channel until around CYL 6 banner announcement, but this makes sense, with us being at the halfway point and all. 

just got past 700 orbs again! Well, 720-ish, and roughly 770 with my daily orb stash. I was so hoping to not have to spend any orbs outside of maybe a New Heroes banner crossover with Three Hopes, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time around. Still, this is early enough that I can recover in time for CYL 6. (Or rather, I can keep my minimum amount for CYL 6 and splurge a little on new summer banners.) 

The banner itself is a mixed bag. I'm fine with Limstella and am glad they're in the game since they were one of my favorite Black Fang members, and I've wanted Kent and Sain in the game for years now! They're my favorite Christmas Cavalier duo. But Sain's artwork is NOT doing it for me, and Kent isn't much better. Still, I'll be hoping for a Kent and Ascendant Florina. My Spark is going to be Letizia if all else fails, though. I try to get as many of the FEH OCs as I can, and I like her design. 

Speaking of FEH OCs, that story trailer was dope! We finally have designs for Askr and Embla, and they look pretty cool. Veronika's new Mind Control Glow Up was cute too, and I'm wondering if she'll be a Legendary/Mythic/Ascended Hero anytime soon so we can gain that outfit. Or maybe a Fallen Hero next year? I'm honestly not sure. Askr and Embla will totally be available by the end of things, and I can't wait. I do wonder if Askr being a cow is somehow foreshadowing Alfonse ending up as a unit like that as well. I mean, probably no more than Veronica becoming a bat, but still. (Between Lif and Thrasir's intimate friendship and Askr's wink at Embla here, the game isn't shy about its shipping of the two, and I'm here for that.)

I've also pronounced "Guy" as "guy" my entire life. Hearing that it's supposed to be pronounced like "Ghee" is...weird. Not sure how to feel about it. Also, I have a feeling Guy and Leonie would get along great...

Lol, I totally didn't realize we even had a FEH channel. Until like 10 minutes ago.

So, uh, Ascended Florina is ... interesting? I'm a bit more okay with this than I was with Ishtar and Mareeta since Florina isn't a carbon copy of her base self and was in desperate need of a new, relevant alt (no, Ninja Lyn doesn't count) but unless we want to pretend she's Hector's wife in this universe or something what does she "ascend" to? Clearly, if there ever was a theme with the ascended heroes, it doesn't exist anymore.

Also, Askr looks like a dude who's totally not taking this seriously.

Edited by Sunwoo

Skills + Likely Stat Lines

Sain
Jolly Jade Lance, Rally Up Atk+, -, Spd/Def Catch 4, Flow Refresh 3, -
40/42/38/36/18
*assumes that he's getting +3 Atk from his Prf weapon and has a +6 Atk/Spd buff active

Kent
Allied Sword+, Reposition, -, Atk/Spd Bond 3, Spd/Def Snag 3, -
42/37/40/30/24
*obvious demote lmao

Guy
Vulture Blade+, -, Glimmer, Life and Death 3, -, Threat. Spd/Def 2
44/37/43/33/25
*quest reward unit

Limstella
Morph Fimbulvetr, -, Glacies on a GHB unit, so take another shot, Def/Res Form 3, Sabotage Atk 3, -
41/42/23/32/33
*GHB unit; assumes that they're getting +3 Res from their Prf weapon, but I could easily see the +3 being on either Atk or Def instead

A!Florina
New-Height Bow, -, Moonbow, the rarest skill in the game except not Atk/Spd Push 4, S/D Far Trace 3, Joint Drive Spd
39/37/43/22/31
*Ascended Hero, assumes that her Prf grants "accelerates Special trigger"

Letizia
Kormt, -, Draconic Aura, Atk/Res Catch 4, A/R Far Trace 3, Rouse Atk/Res 4
38/40/16/35/34
*same stat line as her NPC variant

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Clearly, if there ever was a theme with the ascended heroes, it doesn't exist anymore.

The theme (at least in regards the non-FEH OC Ascended Heroes) has clearly been "popular characters that IS didn't think would make sense as Legendary Heroes".

Mhm mhm... welp.

• Embla and Askr finally show their faces... and Veronica gains a new outfit and weapon... but she is slain by Alfonse, despite the promise made to Bruno... I wonder what truly transpires...
  • OH FOR FUCKS SAKE THERE'S A WHOLE DAMN THREE HOPES EVENT. And a free Academy-phase Three Houses unit... wonder who people are gonna pick, definitely not Edelgard though! No one in their right mind would ever pick Edelgard!
  • On a similar note, if you wanted to spark from every single Fodlan banner, you'd be summoning 320 units total.
    WHAT.
  • Oooh Chaos season. That's neat I guess, wonder if it'll shake things up compared to the current monotony of Aether Raids?
  • Also worth noting is that we will now begin seeing generic Beast units, starting with Bats.

As for the New Heroes and Letizia banner:

1. Looks like Sain has Spd/Def Catch 4, Rally Up Atk, and Flow Refresh in his kit. Jolly Jade Lance's effects as of current are unknown, but... well I guess what we do know is that he can't double against a Bat, despite having 38 base Spd...
  2. Kent the demote comes with Allied Sword, Atk/Spd Bond, Spd/Def Snag, and Reposition. His offensive stats look good, so maybe he could operate pretty well with a Ninja Katana...
  3. Ah hello Gu- what the fuck do you mean it's pronounced Gi.
    I like how his inheritable sword looks.
  4. Ugh... starting to get sick of how all the recent villainous GHB units are getting prf tomes with good effects, meanwhile the half-decent "good guys" get jack crap...
    Hm... Limstella did 15 damage to their nearby allies... interesting...
  5. Florina is absent for over 5 years, shows up as Lyn's backup, and decides to appear again as a freaking Ascended Hero?
    Hm... her kit doesn't appear to be all that interesting unfortunately...
  6. Letizia... hmm, with her base kit she stands to only get the "Bonus on unit" trigger fulfilled normally, but considering the other requirements it wouldn't be that hard to imagine her making problems even for Save units, assuming her Atk is high enough...

...welp then, Lyn's original band of bros is getting closer to being reunited in Asker.

I'm happy that Kent, Sain and Limstella are here.  But I'm even happier that Guy's finally in!  Gotta clean out my barracks, I'm literally two away from the cap.

So is Letizia's role in the story done now, since she's in the midpoint banner already?

What an incredible waste of a character.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

but unless we want to pretend she's Hector's wife in this universe or something what does she "ascend" to?

She gives me Sacaean vibes. Specially with the headband and that V pattern in her cape and... waist scarf? Anyway, so the paired ending with Lyn? Either way I'm like 85% sure Lyn is involved with her "ascension" no matter what.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

FINALLY, Kent and Sain are here! Finally! Heck yes! I've been waiting for them since launch day. Literally. Ascended Florina is nice, too, she was in need of a new alt, although I'm a little surprised they didn't go with Nino. I kind of wish Wil was the free quest unit instead of Guy, because then it'd be a total "Lyn's Legion" theme between him, Kent, Sain, and Florina. But, alas, what's one to do? I'm just happy to finally get Kent and Sain, I'd like to get both of them and Ascended Florina. And I do like Guy, as well, he's fine. So, for the next Blazing Blade banner (if the game lasts long enough for another one), Nergal has gotta get in, right? Right?!

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

She gives me Sacaean vibes. Specially with the headband and that V pattern in her cape. So the pairing ending with Lyn? Either way I'm like 85% sure Lyn is involved with her "ascension" no matter what.

I mean, that's totally fair. But unless my memory has failed me after about a decade, Lyn and Florina's ending doesn't involve her becoming chieftain of her tribe or anything and she just goes back and lives as a normal Sacaean woman, which means Florina wouldn't "ascend" to anything in that ending. Which makes the ascended title nothing more than just a pretty excuse to release certain characters again, rather than being a title.

So Lyn is apparently famed for her archery and not her sword skills...Seriously, when are we going to get the Mani Katti? Otherwise that was a decent Feh Channel. Some of it I liked, some of I can take or leave.

1. I haven't played Three Houses, so all of that Three Hopes stuff means nothing to me.
  2. Interesting seeing Askr and Embla in the flesh, as well as what appears to be a super-possessed Veronica fighting Alfonse. Also, the writers aren't even pretending to care about Sharena anymore, not that they have since Book 4.
  3. Nice to see Kent, Sain, and Limstella, but why did they give us Guy and not Wil? Lyndis's Legion still isn't complete. He would be a quest unit anyway, so it's not like he really needs to be any good if they're afraid he'll cramp Florina's style. Not that she should need to worry about that. A flying archer with Canto and an exclusive weapon is pretty much guaranteed to be good.
  4. I'm kind of surprised Letizia is a normal Hero and not a Legendary. Then again Laevatain, Laegjarn, and Surtr weren't either, so I guess it makes sense.
  5. Chaos Mode for Aether Raids looks like it'll at least shake things up a bit. Whether it'll be any more fun is another question.

34 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, that's totally fair. But unless my memory has failed me after about a decade, Lyn and Florina's ending doesn't involve her becoming chieftain of her tribe or anything and she just goes back and lives as a normal Sacaean woman, which means Florina wouldn't "ascend" to anything in that ending. Which makes the ascended title nothing more than just a pretty excuse to release certain characters again, rather than being a title.

True, specially since their ending also says Florina returned to Ilia, though "their friendship lasted forever" as well, which implies they remained in touch. So basically a return to what was happening before the game began. As it is, Florina is clearly carrying a Sacaean flair, hence being mostly sure Lyn is involved no matter what.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So is Letizia's role in the story done now, since she's in the midpoint banner already?

What an incredible waste of a character.

I think they should've split the book up. The Embla political plot and Askr/Embla war could've easily have been their own stories, but they crammed them together and that's hurt both plotlines as Ash and Elm did almost nothing in the first half and Letizia's plotline had to be rushed for the Midpoint. The only thing really left for Letizia at this point is to reconcile with Veronica, and that can easily be done in a Chapter considering FEH's usual pace. 

43 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I wonder what Askr and Embla are going to look like in game. From the trailer they're upgraded versions of their retainers, but I thought they were suppose to be dragons. I guess bat dragon and cow dragon? And now we're getting generic beast enemies.

Probably cow dragon and bat dragon as you said. With Embla in particular we already have Elm as a Bat Beast unit and the generics are coming too who'll be in Red, Blue, and Green varieties. So they may want to differentiate her from both, and making her a dragon with bat-like elements would be a good way to do so. 

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... Limstella did 15 damage to their nearby allies... interesting...

Yeah, they're just gathering that quintessence for Lord Still Not Appearing in FEH (Nergal).

Though given that Letizia will not be a Mythic Hero (and appears to just be a regular 5* summon), that could free up a spot in the Mythic Hero lineup for Nergal or Ath *remembers that Askr and Embla are now here* oops, never mind.

I've been waiting a while for S/D Far Trace to come so I could give it to Duo Lyn. It was going to be the first time I would summon specifically for skill fodder. What a weird coincidence that it comes on a Florina alt. Gonna need two.

Also, fun fact: Natalie is the most-wanted FE7 female not yet in the game. She technically has been for some time if you don't count Limstella as female, but there's no question now.

35 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lyn is also supposed to be a sword user, but Feh says she's famous for her bow skills here. Besides, it would hardly be the first time FEH has messed with supposed canon; Brave Camilla is queen of Nohr, which never happens in Fates, among other instances I'm sure exist.

FE7 was also 20 years ago in a very different social and gaming landscape, so if they want to take some liberties with such minor aspects as paired endings, I think they're free to.

Edited by Florete

I have no particularly strong feelings about any of the characters on the upcoming banner. I'll probably just pull for Florina and grab either her or Letizia with my spark.

Sain seems pretty unnecessary if you already have Brave Eirika. Kent is Reginn without a Prf. Guy is Yen'fay without a Prf.

Florina's stat spread is similar to Legendary Claude, so I assume she'll have effects on her weapon to differentiate herself from him, though Claude's skill effects are pretty tough to beat. Duo Dagr seems like she might just be flat-out better than Florina, though, unless Florina has something particularly good on her weapon.

Limstella's stat spread is pretty underwhelming, though it's pretty similar to their stats in their source game. Hopefully, their weapon has a good effect on it like other recent Grand Hero Battle boss characters, especially with the recoil damage it deals to nearby allies. It doesn't appear to give any in-combat stats (since the only in-combat stats seen were from Def/Res Form), so it looks like it'll have a support effect.

Limstella's Japanese voice sounds amazing. They're voiced by Shimoda Rei, who is the voice of Sonya in Heroes and Urbosa in Breath of the Wild. This particular voice is a female ikemen (hot guy) voice that could convincingly pass for male. I think it sounds pretty hot.

Letizia seems okay. She's a pretty typical slow, bulky ranged attacker with a guaranteed follow-up. It looks like you can get the full -9 stat penalty on the opponent pretty consistently if you switch out her C skill for a Menace skill instead.

Askr gives me Pokémon professor vibes, but I'm not sure why. Hopefully, he doesn't end up in NPC purgatory like Freyr because I do like his humanoid design. We'll see if I like his dragon design. Freyr's drills that pierce the heavens set a pretty high bar.

Not sure how many of the Three Houses banners I'll bother sparking on.

I'll do my translation notes when we get the trailer for the banner. The Japanese video did a much better job of cutting the gameplay clips to not show the units' stats and skills, so Limstella's and Florina's skills aren't visible (and you don't even get to see Limstella's recoil effect).

55 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah hello Gu- what the fuck do you mean it's pronounced Gi.

Blame the French.

42 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

but unless we want to pretend she's Hector's wife in this universe or something what does she "ascend" to?

Nothing. "Ascended" is just the localization. The Japanese terminology, "Bloom", is more open-ended.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

She gives me Sacaean vibes. Specially with the headband and that V pattern in her cape and... waist scarf? Anyway, so the paired ending with Lyn? Either way I'm like 85% sure Lyn is involved with her "ascension" no matter what.

Her introduction voice line in the video in both languages literally says she's copying Lyn.

Oh cool, I didn't even log into FEH for the day yet since there's nothing much going on lately - the stretch between AHR and the semi-anniversary is always the deadest time of the year for the game - so it's good to see an event is imminent.

Haven't watched the actual video yet but based on the cliff notes:

1) The banner seems okay. I'm a Canto fiend these days so having at least two, indeed possibly three (if Sain has it on his weapon) sounds great. My only reservation is that Duo Hinoka already exists and is arguably the single unit I enjoy using most in the game as it is, so I doubt Florina would supplant her. But I'd feel that if I sparked anyone, it'd have to be her for the Floret anyway, so it'll be super awkward if I didn't land any of the focus units on the way to the spark.

2) The 3H AHR is a nice bonus, but after looking at the available units, nothing really appeals. I know Yuri is probably the meta pick, but screw that guy. Might just default to Hapi for the sake of being a horse wizard then. I don't even know these characters since I never bought the DLC.

3) As per above, none of the units available on the daily banners appeals to me, so sparking is out of the question, even if I appreciate that it's possible at all. I guess for a few of them, doing up to a full round might be justifiable.

4) On the conjecture that there'll be no actual 3 Hopes specific banners, I would be in full support of that development. Just finish out the two existing generations instead of bothering with alts consisting of different hairstyles and not much else. (The fact that Warriors is unarguably the worst Switch game I've had the misfortune to purchase colours this opinion somewhat, admittedly)

5) Don't care about the AR changes for obvious reasons. The Askr reveal is also meaningless until he's playable.

6) My sister and I were already pronouncing Guy the correct way apparently when going through FE7, even if it's only because we always seek to pronounce character names in silly ways. Not so silly after all. I don't think Sill-quay will ever catch on though. 😛

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:
  • On a similar note, if you wanted to spark from every single Fodlan banner, you'd be summoning 320 units total.
    WHAT.

Oof... That is like 1,228 Orbs minimum I think (assuming no tickets)? That is still 17 Orb packs (1,228/75~16.3), so basically $679.83.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So, uh, Ascended Florina is ... interesting? I'm a bit more okay with this than I was with Ishtar and Mareeta since Florina isn't a carbon copy of her base self and was in desperate need of a new, relevant alt (no, Ninja Lyn doesn't count) but unless we want to pretend she's Hector's wife in this universe or something what does she "ascend" to?

Lyn's wife, clearly-

I didn't expect Florina to get an ascended at all, but this is a welcome surprise~ (and right after i'm done +10ing her resplendent, heh.) Glad to see Kent&Sain too, but yes, it's a pity they didn't take the opportunity to complete Lyndis's Legion while they were at it. It wouldn't even matter that Wil shares color with Florina if he'd taken Guy's spot. A little disappointing that Limstella doen't really fit with this choice of characters either, since as a GHB, their chances to get screentime are pretty much limited to being relevant enough to pop up in a Forging Bonds.

Embla meh but at least she's got bat wings, Askr very meh, if the local god looked like some jock and a bovine i'd move to a different country, r.i.p. Alfonse and Ash.

The 3hopes promotional summons including seasonals is interesting, I'm not going to pull beyond the free summons but i appreciate it.

Edited by Kori

3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting a Feh Channel until around CYL 6 banner announcement, but this makes sense, with us being at the halfway point and all. 

I've also pronounced "Guy" as "guy" my entire life. Hearing that it's supposed to be pronounced like "Ghee" is...weird. Not sure how to feel about it. Also, I have a feeling Guy and Leonie would get along great...

I think its supposed to be the French’s “guy” which indeed sounds like Ghee. Despite Guy being Mongolian.

More on the rest of the video... I do not think Alfonse will actually kill Veronica. I think at the end of the game, Alfonse and Veronica will marry and unite the kingdoms of Askr and Embla.

If I do get the guaranteed summons, these would be my picks:
1. Sothis: Silver Spector, or Yuri, or Byleth: Tested Professor (cannot decide on this one)
2. Edelgard
3. Mercedes: Unfussed Basker
4. Lysithea or maybe Hilda: Holiday Layabout
5. Rhea: Witch of Creation
6. Hapi or Constance (if I get Constance during my pulls, then I lean towards Hapi)
7. Byleth: Proven Professor
8. Dorothea: Solar Songstress
9. Ashe: Fabled Sea Knight
10. Hilda
11. Shamir or maybe Manuela: Silver Caroler
12. Petra
13. Ingrid: Solstice Knight

I guess I will have to wait a few more days to see the Weapons of Sain, Limstella, Florina: Azure-Sky Knight, and Letizia. I hope Florina: Azura-Sky Knight and Letizia are good.

As for the new Aether Raids Chaos season, I think it is going to be pretty bad. You cannot have more than one Dancer/Singer, and you cannot have more than one Savior. Cav lines are going to be a huge pain in the ass again.

I may be tired but I watched the vid and want to give my takes while they're fresh! (I hope I remember everything I wanted to talk about!)

So, our new FEH character is Letizia. I thought it was possible, but I'm a little surprised seeing her drop out of the villain camp this early. It'll probably be one of those "I was turned on by my side so I'm joining yours to get at them," but it could also be that she was being a double agent or something. We'll see. Also, as expected, we get to meet Embla and Askr! I didn't pause for a good look at Askr, but Embla's a bat (I noticed her ears before they revealed her wings.) Kind of surprised since they're (Embla and Askr) canonically dragons, but they might be being retconned into being beasts? Looks like Askr's a bull, and both Ash and Elm were based more on their deities when they were created (by said deities) than I'd first thought (including their weapons.) (That said, it's weird that Askr generated a shield, since he's the god of openness while Embla's the goddess of barriers. I wonder how well thought through that was. It's not like you can't spin that into a plot point (both being unhealthy because they're using their opposite's "element") but I don't think that's the direction they're going in. Probably just wanting to show Embla to be aggressive and Askr as more even-keeled/ the "good guy.")

(I got into my story/trailer stuff earlier than I'd intended to, heheh... Whoops.) Anyway, back to the banner. I'm glad they're making the banner more balanced! Kent and Sain are finally in! That said, Florina doesn't make any sense to me, as an ascended hero and as an archer (at least for the stated reason since she's canonically afraid of bows. It would have been much more convincing if it was because she's facing her fears head on and trying to overcome them by learning to use the weapon for herself.) Anyway, despite Florina, I'm happy overall with this banner. Limstella being in is neat, too. Love the design, and it's cool how androgynous it is. (I guess Nergal didn't bother with making this flesh golem any more specific than "human-looking." Also, Feh just straight-up talking about some FE7 endgame stuff, I guess.)

And now back to analyzing the story/trailer! First off, loving the music choice there. (Let me just watch that bit again so I can make sure my takes are up to date here.) Okay, so, I do absolutely LOVE Embla's design. The halo-looking thing behind her head, which resembles the Emblian headpiece Veronica wears, the lacy eyepatch (which would never stay in the right place perfectly like that in actuality, I'm sure), her FLIPPIN' WINGS... The way they designed the glow in her eyes is interesting, too. Makes me wonder if they just naturally glow like that or if that's an effect being caused by something else. (Like her going insane or something. IS likes to do that to long-lived characters.) And then there's Askr. He looks a lot younger than I expected with a...smoother face? I dunno, I expected more contour and muscle to his face for some reason. (Edit: Just checked and my suspicions were correct: I expected this because of the broken statue of him showing the top of his face in the FEH Book 6 key art, in which his eyebrow muscles (at least) are more defined than how they're depicted here.) (Also, I kind of wish they'd been more creative with his face shape, especially since his hairstyle is much more complicated than his face shape. The hair is neat, the face is plain. Sad.) Anyway, the smile he's wearing, despite the situation, is extremely carefree. I'm a little worried since he's giving me the impression that he's kind of...dumb. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a jolly airhead.

Now, onto some MORE trailer stuff! Alfonse was absorbed into the darkness, Embla was about to kill Ash, but then her jovial (and maybe flirtatious?) nemesis shows up and she drops her (literally) to put all her focus onto fighting him. Because all her focus is on Askr, Embla ejects Alfonse (who may also represent the entire mortal Askran side) from the darkness, and he has to fight Veronica (who seems to be being controlled/programmed by Embla.) Now, here's a neat thing: first, his fight with Veronica kind of mirrors the fight between their deities, as Alfonse mainly uses his shield and Veronica's on the offense. MORE interesting thing: Veronica has a tome with the same general construction (but different colors) as Letizia's tome (which is, presumably, the very dangerous tome which was reported stollen. Veronica was accused of stealing it, but it's much more likely that Letizia did, hence the weird tome she's always carrying around.) The tome Veronica is using is either the tome Letizia uses (but "awakened" and taken from Letizia (a la betrayal, to put it simply) by Embla/Elm and given to puppet Veronica) or the "true" tome (with the green version being more of a replica/weaker version while the real one was kept with Embla herself.) Another neat thing is that the magic the tome fires off is in the shape of the Emblian symbol (which may even be where the Emblian symbol came from in-world, as this tome was likely gifted to the original Thrasir (the Emblian human founder) by Embla when she and the other founders were fighting to, well, found their countries, as we know they had the help of their respective deities. (And history may repeat itself with the present-day royals getting the blessings of their deities in order to protect their countries from whatever fate Alfador is going to threaten them with in a future book, but I digress.)) Anyway, Alfonse, still valuing his connection with his Emblian buddies (Veronica and Bruno) very much does not want to fatally wound Veronica. So, he goes for nonleathal attacks and a LOT of defending for a while (such as his pommel strike to her gut.) It looks like it works for a sec, but then Embla controls her again. FADE TO BLACK.

Now, this fade to black could just be a dramatic transition. It could also, however, represent information that IS is not yet showing the players. It's implied that Alfonse realizes he can't save both Veronica and the rest of the world (he doesn't look up as he charges at her after she gets controlled again) and deals a fatal blow. The environment shifts dramatically in the next scene, though. This could just represent a shift in scene mood, or it can imply a larger passage of time than the viewer is yet aware of. Anyway, the implication is that Alfonse is grieved about what he had to do, but he did, indeed, kill Veronica. Also, Veronica sheds a tear as she falls (she's not smiling, though.) This has meaning, but there's not enough information here to draw conclusions on what it means. Also, the trailers don't always accurately represent the characters as they behave and feel in the story (nor even their actual roles, or how they fight. As an example, Ash turns into a cow and shoots a laser. She does not call lighting using her bell staff as shown in the Book 6 opening trailer.) Anyway, will Veronica die? She might, she might not. It's really a 50/50 chance, here. Bruno could become the next Emblian Emperor at the end of the book if IS killed her, so it's not like there's much of a story hurdle. That said, I don't know if IS wants to kill her since they like her so much and recognize how popular a character she is to the fanbase. So, *shrug.*

Oh, also, this Veronica (which may very well be Ascended Veronica as a flying tome unit) has short hair now. Her look's not bad.

I do wonder if we'll hear from Lif's anti-deity squad somewhere in/at the end of this book, though, since he's pretty bitter at the deities on the whole (at the top of which is Alfador.) I could see him making an appearance, especially if the story shows even Askr to be someone who cares little for people and a lot more for his own interests. Like, if he was all lighthearted about things that matter to Alfonse or whatever, and then Lif shows up and is all "Now you see what they're all like. Not even Askr, who granted power to our ancestor and helped found our country, cares about us. We live and we die and they couldn't care less. They fight and squabble, never resolving their petty disputes, and all at the cost of human lives." Or whatever. And then we join Lif's gang (which was started by Thorr, actually) and go to take on Alfador in the future (or, the goundwork for this gets set up, or Loki pops up and tries to get us to take on Lif's people in the next book, or whatever, but since Askr and Embla have been revealed, the Alfador Arc seems to only have a couple more books to go before it closes.)

Moving on~

Eh, I don't like Loki and I wish she would leave the various game modes alone. That said, I get what IS is doing with Aether Raids and I think it's a good change. THAT said, I don't really play that mode much except to get rewards, so... Eh. Ah, and we're getting a bunch of 3H stuff. I think I have most of what I want as far as units from that game goes, so I think I'm okay to keep saving my orbs there.

There may have been more, but obviously, I'm most invested in the trailer, followed by unit announcements. 😛 Anyway, those are my takes if anyone likes them. I hope I'm not forgetting anything...

Edit: OH RIGHT also happy about the bat foes! ^_^ I wonder where Elm is and what his role in the story will be/turn into...

Edit again: Feh, you're cruel. "This GUY here is GHEE!" No. Guy is a guy named Guy. Urgh. (This bothers me. Knowing me, I'm not going to be swayed despite IS' localization team having the right to decide how to pronounce their characters' names.)

Also, oh, right, 3H is getting a voting event. Huh. Not entirely sure what to do about that. ... Nor where I can vote. Hrm.

Edit again: Oh, right. I knew I'd forget something! I love the detail they put into Alfonse's damaged model while he's fighting Veronica. In particular, the bruise/scuff on his cheek is reminiscent of his damaged art in-game.

Edited by Mercakete

28 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Embla was about to kill Ash, but then her jovial (and maybe flirtatious?) nemesis

Yeah, given how formal Ash is I wasn't expecting Askr to be a dudebro. It reminds me of how everyone thought Helbindi was Surtr's estranged surfer dude son back when we first saw him. Maybe Embla will be Elm's polar opposite too?

I don't think Veronica will die either, but it is interesting that they've given her a new (Ascended?) alt already. Huh.

As for the FE7 banner, I'm happy they got a NB actor to play Limstella, and also that they have a Prf tome. Also, Florina using a bow like Lyn, huh? D'aww...

And generic beasts, they're great to see too!

Edited by DefyingFates