Feh Channel June 5, 2022

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I already got everyone I need, so I plan to vote for what I think are the most useful Heroes that players might need. But if a lot of random Heroes like Claude and Dimitri are topping the list during the mid term results despite having very little value, then I might as well just freaking vote Edelgard. Players deserve to suffer from Edelgard: Hegemon Husk at that point.

Hegemon Husk isn't on the poll, since she's war phase.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah and for anyone else's reference, the following Three Houses units are not on the poll:

Spoiler

Legendary M!Byleth [War Phase]
Summer F!Byleth & Rhea [Duo Hero]
Legendary F!Byleth [War Phase]
Harvest Sothis & M!Byleth [Duo Hero]
Seiros [War Phase]
Fallen Rhea [War Phase]

Legendary Edelgard [War Phase]
CYL Edelgard [War Phase]
Fallen Edelgard [War Phase]
Plegian Dorothea & Lene [Harmonized Hero]

CYL Dimitri [War Phase]
Legendary Dimitri [War Phase]
Fallen Dimitri [War Phase]
Winter Felix [Grail Unit]

CYL Claude [War Phase]
Legendary Claude [War Phase]
Summer Lorenz [Grail Unit]
Winter Ignatz [Grail Unit]
CYL Lysithea [War Phase]
Winter Lysithea & Lute [Harmonized Hero]
CYL Marianne [War Phase]
Summer Hilda & Marianne [Duo Hero]
Summer Leonie [Grail Unit]

Aelfric [Grail Unit]
Ninja Shamir [Grail Unit]

Kronya [Grail Unit]
Solon [Grail Unit]
Death Knight [Grail Unit]
Flame Emperor [Grail Unit]
Nemesis [Grail Unit and War Phase]

Edited by Tybrosion

58 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah and for anyone else's reference, the following Three Houses units are not on the poll:

Hide contents

Legendary M!Byleth [War Phase]
Summer F!Byleth & Rhea [Duo Hero]
Legendary F!Byleth [War Phase]
Harvest Sothis & M!Byleth [Duo Hero]
Seiros [War Phase]
Fallen Rhea [War Phase]

Legendary Edelgard [War Phase]
CYL Edelgard [War Phase]
Fallen Edelgard [War Phase]
Plegian Dorothea & Lene [Harmonized Hero]

CYL Dimitri [War Phase]
Legendary Dimitri [War Phase]
Fallen Dimitri [War Phase]

CYL Claude [War Phase]
Legendary Claude [War Phase]
Summer Lorenz [Grail Unit]
Winter Ignatz [Grail Unit]
CYL Lysithea [War Phase]
Winter Lysithea & Lute [Harmonized Hero]
CYL Marianne [War Phase]
Summer Hilda & Marianne [Duo Hero]
Summer Leonie [Grail Unit]

Aelfric [Grail Unit]
Ninja Shamir [Grail Unit]

Kronya [Grail Unit]
Solon [Grail Unit]
Death Knight [Grail Unit]
Flame Emperor [Grail Unit]
Nemesis [Grail Unit and War Phase]

How dare you to miss Felix.

You are missing Felix, btw.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At least it's a man this time? Bovine appearances assigned to women... yes I know cows have been important to humanity because they produce milk and only females can do that. Despite that basic biology, cosplaying female humanoids as bovines in popular entertainment... it comes off as misogynistic to me. Even when the character themselves isn't badly written -see Ys IX: Monstrum Nox and its Raging Bull for what I mean. I laughed with "I can't believe how bad this is!" when I first saw her, but I was able to move past that and came to like her well enough as a character actually. Big axe is big fun.

I agree, but not just because we get to have both a male and female of goats, bats, and bovines (never thought I'd write that seriously), if only to get an idea of what they look like (we still haven't seen female tigers, hawks, or lions) but also because IS tends to make the "allied deity" female in their games. It's nice to see the allied deity be male for a change (although I'm cautious about whether Askr is truly "good" or not. There have been hints that all the deities in FEH are terrible in their own ways.) Also, arguably, Duma was good, but he was so heavily painted as "that cruel war god" in the actual narrative that I don't know if I can count him (since we're kind of sorting by IS' intentions.) But I mean... Look at the track record. Naga, Mila (though she was also actually in the same boat as Duma, she had the inverted treatment of people being all "nope, she's good. That's for sure!"), Ashunera (Ashera and Yune each had their phases but when whole they're treated as good), and Sothis are generally treated as kind of their world's mother figures and are painted as "good." Then you have their masculine counterparts... (Well, where they apply, as not all of these ladies have masculine counterparts.)

So, seeing IS make Askr a guy is nice (not that we didn't know that was coming once people started calling him "Lord Askr.") Also, just...there's so much female saturation, you know? (Even without looking at the FEH deities, but if we're just looking at them, there's Alfador, Askr, Muspell, and Freyr. Not bad, but Muspell was clearly put into a "villain" role, Freyr was kind of forgotten and shared in some of the responsibility for kidnapping (then killed and forgotten except for that one summer banner), Alfador is very likely to be the big bad of this whole overarching arc, and Askr was just introduced, so... Hard to tell what's going to happen there.) So this is nice.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Renaissance has made me think the royal twins got their country named after the time period. Have I been speculating on a connection that doesn't actually exist?

That... actually makes a ridiculous amount of sense. And explains the Japanese pronunciation.

Also, I would just like to reiterate how much I love the designs for the recent Emblians. Specifically, Embla, Elm, and Letizia look flippin' amazing. I love how they balanced the light and dark attributes on the ladies, and the bat elements on, well, the bats.

4 hours ago, Othin said:

Regular Edelgard is, so that is who I plan to vote for if no one else useful stands a chance of winning. Edelgard is not bad, but she is not exactly great either, and she is not going to help most players deal with high difficulty content. But if the top picks are just the outdated lords and random 4* units rather than someone actually useful like Hapi or Yuri, then I would just shift my votes to Edelgard. I rather have one of my favorite character win than some random Hero that serves no purpose. Players have a chance to get a unit to improve their quality of life, but if they choose to throw it away on some crap that sucks, then they deserve to be curb stomped by Edelgard: Hegemon Husk, Rhea: Immaculate One, or whatever unit they have issues dealing with.

I really do not want to vote for Flayn, Dedue, Rhea: Witch of Creation, or Marianne either, but if they are the only useful ones who stand a chance of winning, I will probably reluctantly vote for them over crap like Ingrid: Solstice Knight, Dimitri, or even Edelgard.

Edited by XRay

Top 10 midterm results, but only in alphabetical order. I wonder if hiding the exact positions will be a thing for CYL going forward. No Edelgard but Dimitri is there, oh no.

I haven't been voting as all the contenders are a bit of a muchness for me. Surprised no Constance though, only just recently looked up what she actually does and she seems more desirable than some here.

FUx2prCXoAY24Ua?format=jpg&name=large

Ugh... I hope Ashe, Dimitri, and Gatekeeper does not win. Since I do not know who is winning, I guess I will stick with Hapi for now.

Thoughts on the 10:

Ashe - Eww, Duel skill, would be a nice unit otherwise.

Bernie - Weird shaped head is off-putting.

Byleths - I have spares as it is that I'm indecisive about.

Dimitri - I think I might have one in the reserves, irrelevant unit.

Gatekeeper - Happy enough with my lone freebie one.

Hapi - Didn't know what her niche was until recently, not particularly versatile but would be nice to have, even if the art is mediocre at best (compared to the source material).

Marianne - Already have a spare, and also eww Duel skill.

Rhea - Got one from the anniversary free seasonal, but she has the worst possible nature of +Spd -Atk, so I guess a new neutral base would be decent.

Yuri - I know he's the meta unit, but do I really want everyone and their dog to have a copy?

So yeah, I guess I'd still prefer Hapi out of this lot, about even with Constance if she's 11th or so. Won't whine too much if it's Rhea or Yuri, will accept Ashe or Bernie. Would be pretty disappointed at any of the other five.

Seven New Heroes, which are also the ones I already have. I'm sticking with Rhea, but I'd be happy with Ashe as well since he's one of the few student characters I don't have. Bernie would be fine but I didn't even really care about her on her debut banner, she's not really offering anything I'm looking for.

Final day of voting, wonder how long it'll take before we get the results. The first AHR seems like the most comparable but I forget how long that took, and it was four years ago.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Final day of voting, wonder how long it'll take before we get the results. The first AHR seems like the most comparable but I forget how long that took, and it was four years ago.

Oh shoot! I completely forgot to vote for the past few days. Oh well, I am still sticking with Hapi.

Edited by XRay