New Heroes: Letizia & More

I know we already know we're getting Kent, Sain, Ascended Florina, and Letizia on the banner, with a Limstella GHB and Guy as a quest reward, but now they've dropped the official trailer for the banner.

This banner makes me so happy. I'm so glad to see Kent and Sain.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Sain's face, which is unfortunate (I didn't bother to look at any of the art from the FEH Channel yesterday) and I'm a bit undecided on his kit since while the movement shenanigans might be interesting, it doesn't seem he's able to comfortably add Galeforce into the chain. Never liked his outfit either, this was probably perfunctory GBA crop-top armour at its worst.

Florina is better than I expected in that she does have an interesting movement gimmick to separate her from the "power" flying archers (incidentally I pulled a Legendary Claude last week and completely forgot that I did so until just now). I don't like anything about Florina otherwise though which makes it awkward.

I'm too sleepy to parse Letizia's skillset but it seems reasonable. Though as I've been skipping the story completely, I genuinely don't know anything about the character.

So the end result is that should I decide to spark - which I probably will - I can't decide whether to include blue in my pulls, hmm.

Edited by Humanoid

Weird, they started with the Ascended Hero this time... even if it's Letizia & More, I feel like Florina should have at least been 3rd... ah whatever.

• I'm... trying to understand Florina's Guidance effect... if her HP is less than 60%, allies can move to a space adjacent to her, but separate from that, allies can move to any space within 2 spaces of her...? So if her HP is low then she has a WoM effect that lets everyone teleport near her, but otherwise she has the same Guidance effect as Summer Tana and Ashe's Prf skill?
    ...it'll probably make more sense to me in practice than in words. A shame the rest of her kit is SO UTTERLY BORING AND LAME. If you're going to make her a unit who actually wants her HP to drop, give her Fury 4 you cowards ASpush4 is just boring at this point! Yes Spd/Def Far Trace is new, but that's still just a variant of an existing skill effect...
  • Hmm... Jolly Jade Lance actually looks pretty good, at least as far as unique effects go (relying on a Rally means he doesn't compromise unit placement for the sake of getting an additional action, unlike Future Vision and To Change Fate.) SDcatch4 could maybe be slotted in for Heavy Blade on a Galeforce build. Flow Refresh is now entering the normal summoning pool as well.
  • Ah good, glad I won't have to keep using 5* units just to put ASbond3 on units for the sake of learning ASunity!
    ...ASbond is the demote skill, right...?
  • Letizia isn't anything we haven't seen before, Rouse Atk/Res is new I guess.
    ...hold up, why she got a red glow in her eyes...
Edited by Xenomata

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah good, glad I won't have to keep using 5* units just to put ASbond3 on units for the sake of learning ASunity!
...ASbond is the demote skill, right...?

Bad news.

Edited by Humanoid

Stats and skills [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

6v6heab1n3491.png

Guy
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): Spd
*Life and Death 3 is the 4* unlock.

Kent
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): Def
*Spd/Def Snag 3 is the 4* unlock.

Sain
Super Asset(s): none
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk

Limstella
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): none
*Def/Res Form 3 is the 4* unlock
**Morph Fimbulvetr: Grants Atk+3. If unit is within 3 spaces of an ally, inflicts Atk/Res-8 on foe during combat, foe cannot make a follow-up attack, and grants bonus to unit's Atk during combat = total Atk+Res bonuses on ally with the highest total Atk+Res bonuses within 3 spaces. If unit is within 3 spaces of an ally, after combat, if unit attacked, deals 15 damage to nearest ally.

Letizia
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd

A!Florina
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP

Edited by Tybrosion

As I said on Reddit: 

Kent being a 4* demote isn't that surprising, and even works in my favor this time as I can make him a 5* +10 project. 

Sain is apparently a pretty good unit, so I may use him if I pull one. I'm still not a fan of the art though. 

Ascendant Florina I still really want to pull, as I like the original Florina and even debated making her a 5* +10 project. (I didn't like her art enough to commit to it though.) Still, if I get an Ascendant, I'll use her.

Letizia is still my Spark if I don't pull her beforehand. And can I just say that her trailer reminded me how dope the Book VI theme is. 

A!Florina is alright. Having a reverse WoM opens more options for Galeforce sweeping teams that don't need to run WoM to keep the chain going. She'll do decent damage, but that's about it.

Sain is strong, and his movement shenanigans can make him a nasty AR-D unit. I've seen some people praising his up to 7 mov, but that's not as helpful as one might think with small maps and tons of obstacles that will end up wasting part of that extra mov Sain has. Still worse than B!Eirika

Kent has a good statline. He'll probably do fine with a Ninja Katana build. 

Letizia is deceptively annoying with all the in-combat debuffs she applies. The increase of NFU via Prfs and skill variants means she's not going to be KOing as much as she'd like, but her deceptive bulk can caught people off guard often (I know from all those Light Blessings I've had to use because I underestimated her). 

I'll use my tickets on Letizia because I like her art the most, and if no green orbs show up then it'll be A!Florina>Sain. The banner is a bit underwhelming, but the first Summer banner is next and those tend to be pretty nice. 

The following is about stats:

Okay, +atk, -spd Letizia is a goal now, I guess. Also, why is Kent so fast? I don't remember him being very fast. Why do Limstella's stats remind me of M!Kana (which kind of makes me nervous because dragon children should stay away from Limstella)?

Florina is okay. As far as combat goes, she has +0/+2 offenses and an additional +9~10 damage and an open B skill over Legendary Claude, but is hilariously frail and absolutely cannot take a physical counterattack. She also doesn't have Null Follow-Up. In exchange, she has really good teleportation effects, getting the same teleportation effect as Opening Retainer as well as allowing all allies to teleport to her if she's at 60% HP or lower.

Unfortunately, Legendary Myrrh shuts down her teleportation shenanigans during Wind season, and her complete lack of defensive effects makes it difficult to actually use her in the high Arena, where the combination Distant Counter skills are increasing in usage.

Sain is interesting. His weapon gives him Future Vision and To Change Fate!'s Galeforce effect, but for Rally Assist skills instead of movement Assist skills. After that, he gets Canto (Rem. +1), which is okay. I can see him used for Assist traps in Aether Raids, but his combat performance is significantly weaker than Brave Eirika's, so he isn't exactly all that threatening himself.

Kent is a demote. With Rein Sword+ [Spd], he has -3/+11 offenses over Resplendent Eliwood as his primary competition for a sword cavalry from Blazing Sword and for a 4-star sword cavalry, though Eliwood has really good non-stat effects on his weapon. However, Kent really can't hold a candle to the best 5-star sword cavalry, with even Siegbert able to outperform him.

Letizia is a pretty standard slow attacker with a guaranteed follow-up. She doesn't have any non-stat skill effects other than that, but she can inflict a pretty hefty -9 to all stats on top of the obligatory ±6, and the conditions to do so aren't that difficult if you can swap out her default Rouse Atk/Res for the more suitable Atk/Res Menace. If the opponent isn't near its allies, staying close to her own allies is pretty easy, and if she's moving too far away from her allies, the opponent is likely close to its own allies. Unfortunately, she's really slow and will have a lot of trouble breaking through follow-up prevention. It honestly kind of sucks that they gave her Rouse instead of Menace just to release a new skill since Menace is so much better for both her weapon and her default A skill. Her primary competition within her class is Gunnthra and Duo Corrin, though, both of whom are just way better at deleting opponents.

Limstella:

Spoiler

Huh. Limstella is basically a slow Litrblade nuke. Their weapon grants a total +23/0/8/8 and is harder to turn off than regular Litrblade due to being based off of allies' Bonuses instead of their own. Also blocks the opponent's follow-up, which is nice for a slower unit.

It looks like they want to make Limstella into an enemy-phase bulky ranged unit, given that their weapon doesn't grant a guaranteed follow-up. I'm not quite sure how good a player-phase build could be, as there are typically better options for a similar role and build.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I'm... trying to understand Florina's Guidance effect... if her HP is less than 60%, allies can move to a space adjacent to her, but separate from that, allies can move to any space within 2 spaces of her...? So if her HP is low then she has a WoM effect that lets everyone teleport near her, but otherwise she has the same Guidance effect as Summer Tana and Ashe's Prf skill?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Also, why is Kent so fast? I don't remember him being very fast.

Sain is the stronger of the two, and Kent is the faster of the two. Sain cap rams Str pretty hard in his source game, and Kent is very likely to cap his Spd, but doesn't ram the cap quite as hard.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sain is the stronger of the two, and Kent is the faster of the two. Sain cap rams Str pretty hard in his source game, and Kent is very likely to cap his Spd, but doesn't ram the cap quite as hard.

I see. Of course, my GBA playthroughs always seem to have odd results. Like when my Lute was weak as heck but my Ewan was beloved by the RNG.

Every time I used Sain in FE7, he never wanted to get anything but like HP and strength. Dude refused to proc speed (and I don't think he liked getting skill either) and I always had to stop using him. Which wasn't hard because his personality is gross, but I did try to give him a chance as a unit at times. They should've stayed true to his stats and made him a slow ass unit and given him guaranteed follow-up instead or something.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

That Sain is an imposter. That speed is totally inaccurate to his FE7 self.

Uh...not really. Sain has 40% Spd growth in FE7, which was reasonably good back then. If anything is off it's his Def; Kent and Sain have pretty even Def in FE7 (Sain has +1 base but Kent has +5% growth), yet here he has 6 more Def.

Oof... I would have really liked Florina: Azure-Sky Knight... if she was released like two years ago. I think what separates modern nukes these days from those of old are that modern nukes usually come with some form of protection in their Weapon, whether that is Brave, Sweep, Null Follow-Up (so you can run Sweep on B), or plain old Desperation, so they can hit twice safely. She can still run Desperation on B, but that slot could have been with her vanilla Trace to further boost her numbers. And Pushes are not okay nor cool, they fucking suck. And Joint Drive Spd too? At least throw Spd/Def Rein in there.

Sain will be fun on defense as a Rally trap. He is not going to do squat against super tanks nor Save tanks when he initiates, but he can apply Fatal Smoke and then his teammates can finish the kill. And they give us the shittier Flow Refresh instead of Flow Guard.

Letizia is alright. Rouse is nice, but Menace would be more fitting.

Limstella is alright.

My main gripe is with Florina: Azure-Sky Knight, as she just feels too dated, and her fodder is freaking awful too.

45 minutes ago, XRay said:

My main gripe is with Florina: Azure-Sky Knight, as she just feels too dated, and her fodder is freaking awful too.

At least she comes with a floret, right?

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Uh...not really. Sain has 40% Spd growth in FE7, which was reasonably good back then. If anything is off it's his Def; Kent and Sain have pretty even Def in FE7 (Sain has +1 base but Kent has +5% growth), yet here he has 6 more Def.

I was making a joke about how every Sain I've ever used turned out crappy with no speed whatsoever, with the context provided in the next post I made that is still on the same page. Stop nitpicking at everything I post and taking it so literally.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I was making a joke about how every Sain I've ever used turned out crappy with no speed whatsoever, with the context provided in the next post I made that is still on the same page. Stop nitpicking at everything I post and taking it so literally.

Well geez, excuse me for not noticing a post made 3 minutes before mine and taking seriously a post with no indicators of any kind of sarcasm.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Well geez, excuse me for not noticing a post made 3 minutes before mine and taking seriously a post with no indicators of any kind of sarcasm.

3 minutes is generally enough for a post made before yours to have loaded completely and for you to see it unless your internet is mega slow. My specific choice of words would also be considered hyperbolic coming from me. I write more seriously when I'm making a serious post.

You're also not required to reply to every post you have the slightest of disagreements with.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

3 minutes is generally enough for a post made before yours to have loaded completely and for you to see it unless your internet is mega slow. My specific choice of words would also be considered hyperbolic coming from me. I write more seriously when I'm making a serious post.

You're also not required to reply to every post you have the slightest of disagreements with.

Not everyone knows you well enough to know what your posts are usually like, and the load system for new posts isn't perfect.

This is a forum and I can reply to whatever I want to, thank you very much. Maybe consider practicing what you preach.

I don't know why you had to make such a fuss out of this to begin with. I wasn't making fun of you or anything like that.

40 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

At least she comes with a floret, right?

Yeah, but that is about it.

Like, at least give her freaking Desperation on the Weapon so it makes sense for her to keep Trace for continuing combat. Oh, and that positioning requirement is dumb as hell, since players are pretty likely to have some form of Gray Waves these days, so traveling far enough to be four spaces away from an ally is not uncommon.

Even if the player can run Sweep on her and put her in a Save tank team to mitigate her shortcomings, I think the player might as well just save some Orbs and dust off Ranulf from the bench, give him a Refine, and use him instead for that role since he got Null Follow-Up and can deal even more damage safely. He does not have warping, but most Save tank teams in general do not need that level of mobility either.

I do not know. Maybe I would have felt less disappointed if I had seen trailer first before I have seen the news on the Refines. I am already not too impressed with Ranulf's Refine since dealing more damage on player phase just does not seem necessary in a Save team, and then seeing Florina: Azure-Sky Knight just makes her seem even worse than Ranulf.

Edited by XRay

The usual translation things:

The banner name, "Book VI Midpoint: Letizia & More", is "新英雄&開花英雄&レティシア" (shin-eiyū & kaika eiyū & retishia), "New Heroes & Ascended Hero & Letizia". As usual, "開花" (kaika), literally "blooming", is the Japanese term for Ascended Heroes.

Florina's epithet, "Azure-Sky Knight", is "晴れ空の天馬騎士" (hare sora no tenba kishi), "Pegasus Knight of the Clear Sky".

New-Height Bow is "友の風舞う翼弓" (tomo no kaze-mau yokukyū), "A Friend's Winged Bow that Dances in the Wind".

S/D Far Trace is "速さ守備の遠影" (hayasa-shubi no en'ei), "Spd/Res Far Trace". The word "影" (ei) here, localized as "trace", can also be translated as "shadow" or "image", referring to the fact that Canto allows a unit to hit and run, leaving behind only the "traces" of their attack, but the unit itself is nowhere to be seen.

Sain's epithet, "Green Lance", is "キアランの碧騎士" (kiaran no hekikishi), "Caelin's Jade Knight". "キアラン" (kiaran), "Ciaran", is the name of Caelin in Japanese.

Jolly Jade Lance is "お調子者の碧槍" (ochōshimono no hekisō), "Jade Lance of the Easily Flattered". The word "お調子者" (ochōshimono) refers to a person who is easily flattered, likes to chime in, or gets easily carried away. Basically Sain.

Spd/Def Catch is "速さ守備の機先" (hayasa-shubi no kisen), "Spd/Def Forestall".

Kent's epithet, "Crimson Shield", is "キアランの紅騎士" (kiaran no kōkishi), "Caelin's Crimson Knight"..

Allied Sword is "共闘の剣" (kyōtō no tsurugi), "Sword of Joint Combat".

Letizia's epithet, "Curse Director", is "【呪詛部隊】の長" ("juso butai" no chō), "Leader of the Curse Troops".

Körmt is "ケルムト" (kerumuto), "Körmt".

Rouse Atk/Res is "攻撃魔防の奮起" (kōgeki-mabō no funki), "Atk/Res Rouse".

Guy's epithet, "Kutolah Blade", is "クトラ族の戦士" (kutora-zoku no senshi), "Warrior of the Kutolah Clan".

Vulture Blade is "禿鷹の剣" (hagetaka no tsurugi), "Vulture Sword". For amusement, the word for "vulture" in Japanese, "禿鷹" or "ハゲタカ" (hagetaka), literally means "bald hawk".

Limstella's epithet, "Living Construct", is "創られし命" (tsukurareshi inochi), "Created Life".

Morph Fimbulvetr is "被造フィンブル" (hizō finburu), "Morph Fimbul". The word "被造" (hizō) means "that which was created", referring to the Morphs.

EDIT: Forgot to add Guy.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Not everyone knows you well enough to know what your posts are usually like, and the load system for new posts isn't perfect.

This is a forum and I can reply to whatever I want to, thank you very much. Maybe consider practicing what you preach.

I don't know why you had to make such a fuss out of this to begin with. I wasn't making fun of you or anything like that.

I'm perfectly aware not everyone knows what I am like on the forums, but as long as I'm not being insulting or breaking ToS that's also not my problem. I've passed on responding to several things that I could've nitpicked about myself, so repeating my own advice back at me doesn't really do anything for you.

Also, I might not have responded to you the way I did had I not been annoyed with you over our interactions in the FEH Channel thread yesterday. We barely interact, and having you picking at my posts in a short amount of time in a way that I don't care for makes me less patient than I usually would be.

So uh, only when I got to reading some of the analysis above did it twig that Letizia is a horse unit and not a flier. I can't explain why I thought she was a flier, I mean, I've seen her in the story maps and such, even if I was only paying the bare minimum of attention. This kinda changes things... I might hold for now and make a decision closer to the banner expiring.

I think this is another disappointment for Ascended heroes theme. From character selection (Raven or Ninian would be a better candidate) to her outfit. She is only slightly better than Ascended Mjolnir in my opinion. 

This is the third Ascended heroes skip for me. Not even floret is an incentive anymore. The Jolly lance looks interesting but not enough to dump orbs into the banner. I guess I will just have to wait for Ascended Veronica or any Fates/Awakening ascended heroes.