Don't you sometimes wish you didn't feel sexual attraction?

I feel it's more of a curse than a gift. You can't see people for what they really are, and it's specially bothersome in a society that glorifies sex, putting so much emphasis on it in things like relationships. There's honestly very few times I ever felt like I was genuinely into a girl and not just sexually attracted to her, if ever (honestly, when I was kid).

yes i do, and i think my life would've been much less stressful and painful if that were the case

i would've spared myself seeing one of my best friends (with whom i had a very short relationship some years ago, though i can't exactly say she was my girlfriend (it's complicated)) die due to a liver cancer, and i wouldn't consider myself as a huge idiot for feeling some strong attraction for a girl who's most likely asexual (not 100% sure, she never said she is) while i just recently got to know that one of my best friends asked her out and she refused (given this situation, i literally cannot even dare do the same as him)

so yeah, life would've been much easier, but honestly i wouldn't have it any other way: sexual attraction is one of many factors which made me who i am today and allowed me to know some of the best people i've ever met

Edited by Yexin

Well yeah, but not for any of these weird edgy reasons. I just don't like to get awkward erections.

7 hours ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

There's honestly very few times I ever felt like I was genuinely into a girl and not just sexually attracted to her, if ever (honestly, when I was kid).

>attempting to divorce romantic and sexual attraction

Yeah dude, that's that's not gonna work.

Maybe as a teenager. I remember that awkward moment giving a presentation in English class, and realizing the girls weren't giggling at my funny and insightful jokes. I guess you could say the Streetcar Named Desire was in my pants.

The body wants what it wants. And it doesn't ask the logical side of your mind for permission. That's fine. Love IS irrational and something as insignificant-sounding as sexual compatibility can really be the bedrock foundation of a relationship. Be less of a robot and open your mind, man. If you can't grasp the reasons why people start a relationship, you're really gonna get rattled over the reasons people end a relationship.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

Sometimes, I feel guilty over sexual and adjacent thoughts. But if I were to lose those, I fear I'd be losing a part of myself. I don't think the right answer is to repress those feelings, or try to excise them... but instead, to acknowledge them without letting them control you. Even if you're sexually attracted to a person, that doesn't mean you don't want to make a social or emotional connection with them.

You could be a type of a pan/ace 

Like this is something I found out about myself in recent times

I experience attraction, I just don't have "that" urge

I do sometimes wish that I didn't feel sexual attraction, since it tends to be quite a bother when I'm interacting with attractive people. I definitely don't want to objectify anyone or creep people out, nor judge by appearance, but zoinks do my gonads have other ideas. Not that I don't have control over how I treat people or anything like that, it's just annoying. I hope that this sorta thing goes away with age...

It ain't all bad, though; my degeneracy's a part of me, just like with my sense of humour; just gotta keep it on leash so that it doesn't cause problems, and accept it for what it is while it's not causing them!

ITT: People needing the bonk.

I wouldn't worry too much having them. Relationships don't form just from feeling, they take effort and time to form and feeling attracted to someone doesn't mean that you can't form connections with people that mean more than just sexual desire. Be careful with it, don't push matters too much, but don't act like it is disgusting on it's own (as opposed to, say, there's some reason you shouldn't).

And if it turns out you're Aromantic (which is separate from asexual), that's something you can look into as well.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:58 PM, ♠Soul♠ said:

itt:

people making really good and mature points in a non serious subforum

Dayni

FftF II: The War Against Shitposting

(I'm not joining in.)

Edited by Original Johan Liebert

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 3:55 AM, ♠Soul♠ said:

I feel it's more of a curse than a gift. You can't see people for what they really are, and it's specially bothersome in a society that glorifies sex, putting so much emphasis on it in things like relationships. There's honestly very few times I ever felt like I was genuinely into a girl and not just sexually attracted to her, if ever (honestly, when I was kid).

Heart and soul should come first. If you got that, the sex part will take care of itself. Y’all will find a way to take care of each other

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, Capt. Fargus said:

Heart and soul should come first. If you got that, the sex part will take care of itself. Y’all will find a way to take care of each other

Actually really good advice.